(2008/08) Aug 2008

shirley,
For the survey, my girl drinks on demand but generally every 3-4 hrs, no fixed timing.

As for the amt of cereal, I don't measure by teaspoon, more like I agar agar and give.
So far, she's still having 6 feeds or sometimes more, but each time not more than 120ml, only last feed is 150ml.

Valnsw
Ahh ok thanks. I will try on her again. Maybe that day I make it was not very smooth so she din like it...

Shirley
Yr bb superb leh! Very good appetite.
Haiz mine can only mng the most 3-4 tablespoons nia...

thanks hisstory
happy.gif

Val,
i married nov 2007, conceived dec 2007 ! =D

today is adel's first day of infant care. SUCCESS ! Teachers said he din cry at all and wasn't difficult. When I went there, he was quietly sitting at the rocking chair, only when he saw us, then fussed ! I think he wants his daddy lah, see him then will react !

Adel drinks every 2 hours leh ! and he drinks about 160ml. Maybe I should up the amount, but then he can't finish leh, always end up wasting....

After Friso comfort he doesn't constipate anymore...doc say can mixed 2 scoops nan2 and 2 scoops comfort. Think i will do just that. Kia su lah ! hahahaa

Dark green stools:
You know what? My mother told me dark green stools means the baby had been frightened ! hahahahahaa... very funny ! I just laughed it off. That explains why she won't allow me to take Adel anywhere, including downstairs to buy grocery. But i just go lah, sometimes she nag a bit.

haha didn't knw got so many mummies here married in Y2007. Hehe I v boliao but couldn't resist. Tabulated something here:

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Customary </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celyn</TD><TD>Mar-07</TD><TD>Jun-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huichin</TD><TD>Jun-07</TD><TD>Jun-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Valnsw</TD><TD>May-07</TD><TD>Jul-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nini</TD><TD>May-07</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirley</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sep-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy_mummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nov-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD></TD><TD>Jul-07</td></tr></table>

hello ladies!
what is the latest topic here today?
last log in is last thu, now really lost le. =P

val
tabulate table for yr 07 bride only har? =)

snow,
heh heh, u want to put in? I can just add in lo... but this table later duno hv any relevance or not hehe.

Sam,
I ROM on 15 May 2007. ILs say is gd day. They look at tong shu and seek those geomancer -_-""
Wa... u more power ;P

Here's the updated table:

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Customary </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celyn</TD><TD>Mar-07</TD><TD>Jun-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huichin</TD><TD>Jun-07</TD><TD>Jun-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Valnsw</TD><TD>May-07</TD><TD>Jul-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nini</TD><TD>May-07</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirley</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sep-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy_mummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nov-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>Jul-07</TD><TD>Mar-08</td></tr></table>

Sam,
oic... hehe I customary on 1 July.

U more power, cos u customary in Mar 08, think that's about 5 mths before birth? I think I sure shag if hv to do customary.

val
since its now for yr 07 brides hor, better keep it there 1st lor...hee hee....my yr too far away liao, show like me very old leh. =P

puree veg
so many posts! i can't remember who asked abt pureeing veg. i usually steam/bake the veg, then blend. store in ice-cube tray to freeze. once frozen, transfer to ziplock bag.
happy.gif

veg i've introduced: sweet potato, cauliflower, carrot, pumpkin, zucchini, butternut squash, avocado.
happy.gif

celyn,

ok will let u know. i think it's the same lady. it's like the whole service centre only got her. last time my vacuum cleaner spoil i also speak to her. so irritating! i'm thinking of trying out hospital pump before deciding whether to sell ameda and buy medela for my 2nd set. i'm giving philips too much biz already, heh. oh btw, i discovered that i can pump a bit more with ameda now if i dun use the darn super shield. i think all these extras make pumping less productive although it claims to help BF mothers, sigh.

shirley,

hah? then what is nutritious? if u're just starting it's ok if bb does not have a lot of variety coz' u need to test for allergy. cannot everyday change menu. maybe u can try giving 1 vege and 1 fruit puree each week. then after 1 month u can start to mix and match already lor. like 1st meal give cereal + brocoli and 2nd meal give apple puree. something like that. very soon bb will be able to have a balanced diet with each meal liao.

ling,

jonah has never refused food unless he's very tired, haha. even if he's full he will still eat but his mouth won't open so big only :p i'm slowly shifting his solids up by half an hour to one hour so i can put him to bed earlier for his nap. he has been cranky lately, esp at night. he needs to sleep more.

timmin,

for avocado, do u buy ripe or unripe ones? the ones i see in supermarket always unripe. i bought 3 pcs today. hoping they will turn ripe by next week. gave jonah cauliflower today. he seems ok with it
happy.gif
how's zuccini? is it quite bland?

krex78,
i feel that the supershield thing is not helpful at all in term of ss for bm. that's why i only used once and stop. i think it cause the suction to be poorer. i have try the medela set from hospital but i feel suction is not as good as avent.

i also give philips a lot of business leh. most of my things at home is also philips.

samantha,
wow, very siong leh. prepare for customery when you are 5 month pregnant.

huichin,
i can only choose school holiday for my wedding. so my rom is during march holiday and customery during june holiday. heheh....

happy mummy,
i lost our honeymoon baby if not, baby will be 1 year old liao. but then i won't know all the nice mummies here.
happy.gif

good to know that adel is adapting well. its always the case, when baby see parents they will fuss. initially when yu ze goes to babysitter's place, he is also like that. the moment he sess us, he will fuss around. now he won't but he will be very happy to see us.

snow74,
hahah.... after 10 years, you think its scary liao. don't forget, you need to face this man for the rest of your life leh. hehehe....

celyn,

i was 3mth+ then, not 5 mths lah... my pregnancy was a fairly easy one... hence still can do this &amp; tat...

krex
hmmm...the avocados i gave ethan were all bought by my mil. hee... it's ok if it's unripe. just leave it out till ripe. they usually ripen quite fast. esp in our climate.

did u try the cauliflower? i tried. it's surprisingly sweet!!! ethan loved it too!

zucchini was yummy too! tho not as sweet as cauliflower. ethan took well to it. or maybe he's just a greedy boy! haha... oh...he didn't like avocado on its own tho'. but loves it with banana.

Timminbuzz,
Paiseh..i've got a few qns:
- What blender are u using?
- How long do u keep the frozen vege in the fridge?

Mommies who haf given ur bbs porridge, wat kinda rice do u use?

Anyone tried griding ikan bilis to give wif porridge?

interrace,
no it's purple POTATO. not sweet potato. From US.

medusa,
bernice loves pumpkin. i added little milk to mash it so it wont be so dry. but lately i bought this organic pumpkin think called "zhen xin" or something like that. very moist, dont need add water also get good texture. i steam until soft, use a toothpick to prick thru can le.

reirei,
i use normal rice, "new rice" or jap rice. all also can.

girrafetan,
nice bumping into you today.. had a feeling like i know this person..hahaha

re: japan
FINALLY booked my trip !!! leaving 15th march. not sure on return date till tomorrow cos still deciding to extend in tokyo for 3 days or not. waiting for hotel confirmation.

re: travelling
those mummies interested in travelling, my cousin whom is a travel consultant say as of 2 april, airport tax will be reduced by $300.

Medusa15,
You are most welcome.

saw ur question on how long to steam the pumpkin. May just share with you what I know. Every veg require different lenght of time to cook; it depend on 1. the size of the chunk you cut, the bigger the longer it need 2. the degree of fire. For freezing steamed veg, best to steam to 60% cooked (when you use a fork to poke through the veg, it shall feels a little hard)so that when you warm up for feeding you don't overcook the veg and it wont loss much of it nutrient. The longer you cook, you may tend to overcook it and hence loss of nutrient if you overcooked it. For veg (broccoli, leafy veg, carrot, pumpkin etc) which is dry (not very juicy) after blending, you may need to add in abit of hot water to make the texture smoother or even milk if you gonna serve it now.
Hehe you may want to ask other for their advise and look for more info from other sources. Cause everyone have their on way of handling food. Also here I share mine.

Now is doing list for wedding dates?
Here mine ROM: 08 Sep 03. Customery: 08 Oct 05

hi roiv,
congrats! your gal will be on the cover page for apr issue? I must go get it! hehe

mummygiraffee
wat is the number of the courier man whom Mummies consol (book BP) arranged? cos i not yet received my item.

reirei,
For me i use grinded japanese rice mix with brown rice. Share mine, i keep my frozen puree the most 7 days, in the fridge within 24 hrs

reirei
aiyo...no need to paiseh! we're all learning from one another mah..
happy.gif

i'm using an old baby blender. my sil used for my nephew. very old. cos he's now 8yrs old. haha...
the brand is moulinex and it's meant for blending baby food. i tink it's basically just smaller in size. i wanted to get a handheld...but i thot if this still works, can save $. hee...

from wat i read, can keep for up to 3mths. but i don't usually puree a lot (e.g. 2 sweet potatoes) and will consume in 3-4weeks.

i'm thinking of start porridge once he's ready for 3rd meal. i bought calrose brown and white rice to mix together.

my mil's friend gave me a bottle of home grind ikan bilis too. i tink i'll put them into his porridge when i start his 3rd meal too.

snow,
Just join in the fun for the marriage table hehe. I think having been through 10 yrs, must give yourself and your hb a pat.

Cat,
Cool! U'll be heading to Hokkaido! At least the weather there's cooler than here.

RE: Updated marriage table
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>ROM</TD><TD>Customary </TD></TR><TR><TD>Celyn</TD><TD>Mar-07</TD><TD>Jun-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Huichin</TD><TD>Jun-07</TD><TD>Jun-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Valnsw</TD><TD>May-07</TD><TD>Jul-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Nini</TD><TD>May-07</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Shirley</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sep-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happy_mummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>Nov-07 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Samantha</TD><TD>Jul-07</TD><TD>Mar-08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>msapple</TD><TD>8-Sep-03</TD><TD>8-Oct-05</td></tr></table>

Any mummy wants to join in, feel free to do so
happy.gif

Hi moms..

What a tiring and eventful day it has been for both my boy and me..

Cos of my busy weekend.. didn't get to feed him his cereal nor fruit sauce at all. So today started again and dunno why.. a few hours after he ate.. he threw everything up after his nap. His vomit was all over me.. himself and the sofa as well. I don't think he is sick cos no fever and he was behaving normally.

It could be because of the following reasons.. although I'm still not sure.

1. Didn't feed for two days and maybe I might have overfed him today? Gave him 2tsp of rice cereal + 1tbs steamed pumpkin and 1tsp apple&amp;pear sauce. Was it too much? Didn't think so but perhaps the 2 days of non semi solids did something to his tummy?

2. I freezed the apple&amp;pear sauce last Fri and defrosted then today and gave it to him. It is my first time freezing purees. Maybe he didn't take to the frozen sauce well?

3. My pumpkin was first cut last Sun and I kept it till today. Have I kept the pumpkin for too long already? Again.. maybe his tum didn't take it too well.

Anyway.. so after the cleaning up, I spotted some ants on his mattress!! Freaked out.. and spent some time flipping the cot bumper and mattress for fear of them biting him or crawling into his ear at night..

Later in the afternoon.. spotted more ants in his laundry basket.. urghhh.. so agitated already. Dumped everything into the wash.

Am super super annoyed with ants. I think it's cos our apt is just above the park so super prone to insects, bugs and ants in the house. Cannot stand them. As much as we try to keep the house clean and avoid leaving food around.. they keep appearing!!!

So while bb was crying to be carried..I had to hang his laundry.

And then.. for his afternoon nap, he refused to be put down so I had him in my arms for a few good hours.. was so tired that I nodded off a few times but was super uncomfortable. Usually he would let me adjust him so that he will lie down on me and we both rest together.. and I can take a proper nap but today.. no way. He woke up and fussed everytime I adjusted him. Then had to offer the boob to settle him.

Super tired.

hisstory,
TOday i tried the evil method ... normally when Kai wants to sleep, he'll eh eh eh and you know you need to pick him up and within minutes he'll sleep. Then i'll put him back down to his bed, though he might still be sucking his paci but he knows he is gonna sleep.
So today, i was so tired, he woke up at 4pm , then i fed him and then played with him and then i got so sleepy, i tried to get him to sleep.
However, he was playing by himself until a point he starts his eh eh eh ...
i was so tired so i just let him continue to eh eh eh ... in the end, his cries became loud cry and got tears some more.
I have no choice but to pick him up cos it's quite terrible crying which he normally don't cry in this manner.
I concluded that the evil method might not work with him. Furthermore, now if he cries, he'll wake #1 and i have 2 kids to manage, worst for me.

Me still on leave until next Tue ...
Maid's return is delayed .... so now gotta make further plans. Until she confirms the exact date cos her passport got issue.

Kai ah ... i have to fast fast react to his needs then he's ok.
i guessed used to it liao.

Sylvia,
I guess Kai is ready but din have the opportunity to crawl cos no hard ground for him. Playpen is not the most ideal and the cold hard floor, i never put him there.

Shirley,
I din purposely la. I just ask him cos it was oredi 4 hours.
Then i forgot that i dun have the milk ready. And i oso planned to feed him cereal then end up a mad rush.
I learnt that everything with babies I must plan in advance.
The bag we bring out, the things inside, the clothes he wears, etc .. so much efforts. hahaha.

Sorry ah, dun have time to read the postings. Just those with my nick ;)

Wendy, I had a very rough day too. I actually broke down myself and I let Isaac cry for more than half an hour in his play pen. It really breaks my heart, but I couldn't put myself in the right frame of mind to keep him happy.

He's been extremely cranky since we came back from the cruise. Don't sleep well and I'm so tired because of that, he wants absolutely ALL my attention to the extend I cannot get any housework done at all. And he's been crawling so much I cannot not clean the floor, and he won't let me walk away to clean the house at all. Have to sit beside him or he'd cry. When I put him in the kitchen while I made puree for him, he was ok for a while, but when I turn away to wash the dishes, he start crying again. What more can he want out of me??

Really squeezing blood out of stone ald.

<font color="5aaa7c">Part time cleaner</font>
So, I'm finally gonna throw in the towel. I remember there were recommendations for PT cleaner here yeah? Can PM me pls...

Milk. Kai is taking 200ml of BM and only 120FM (so little to exchange for 200ml of EBM rite?) ... and he is ok with that amt wor ... too little? but he's still 10 kg oredi .. haha.

Should increase FM to 150ml?
He normally takes 1 feed or less per day. Depending on if i have enough.
Now that his per feed of 200ml EBM, my ss per pump is max 400ml ... normally 360ml or lesser.
So have to supplement.

Hey Brie..

Not a good Mon it seems for us.

I know what you mean about not being able to leave the bb. After he woke up from the nap.. I was so tired, hungry and thirsty and honestly.. annoyed. And he carried on fussing wanting me to carry and when I do carry.. he would struggle and step all over me. So I did what you did too.. left him in the play pen crying while I went to make myself a cup of milo and kaya sandwich. I didn't even try to talk and pacify him. I just kept quiet.. ate and drank. I just needed that break.

Ya.. I think you should really consider a PT cleaner. For the sake of your sanity.

Hang in there..

We're in this together..

baby pool at home
me tot of getting a those baby pool at home, my hubby ask me where i am going to fetch the water...
i say "tap lo".
he replied, " rain water better. cheaper!"

<font color="5aaa7c">Opportunity to crawl</font>
At 1st I also didn't like the idea of my bb crawling on the cold hard floor. But because I was determined not to let him fall, I put him on the bumper mat most of the time when I cannot watch him. Now Isaac leopard crawling so expert, he's so quick even my dog is scared of him. Nowadays Isaac is trying to balance himself on his knees. Only set back is now I'm killing myself over keeping the floor clean everyday. Last time everyday wipe the bumper mat, now surrounding all must wipe.

shint
my son only takes 120 -130ml and i producing more than he can take. home and babysitter's overload with milk...

Wendy, when I left him to cry, I went to pump, I was also crying and felt so down, the milk oso so pathetic amount. Sometimes I wonder why I can't loose weight because I always don't have proper meals and I am surprised how I produce milk when I didn't get to drink much too today! I really feel very lousy about myself that I can't take care of a baby and the house. I'm pretty sure a lot of mothers can handle those and more.

<font color="#CD3278">Wendy</font>
Oh gosh, so many events in one day.. I can feel ur tiredness oredi *hugs*

Anymore ants in David's cot? Hope he gives u gd rest tonight.. Ur hb off to reservist oredi?

<font color="#CD3278">Shint</font>
I know what u mean.. U're worried tt the crying bb wld wake the elder sibling.. Which is why i hope to have a larger age gap, so tt the older sibling wld HOPEFULLY be more understanding

You *jiayou* k? I really think it's not easy handling 2 kids on ur own, esp since u used to have a maid to help out

<font color="#CD3278">Brie</font>
I think our bb are getting more &amp; more sticky to us.. They need to see us, when we walk away, they really cannot take it &amp; bawl! Same here for Ashley.. So i let her eheheh &amp; keep reassuring her tt i wld come back for her soon
sad.gif
Veryvery busy man!

Otherwise we may have to put them in sthg (exersaucer, jumperoo etc) &amp; keep moving them to wherever we are.. *haiz*

<font color="#CD3278">Val</font>
Can add my details into the marriage table? heheh!

hisstory
ROM: Sep 05
Customary: Sep 05

valnsw
haha..u very boh liao eh....tabulate wedding dates.....geeez..supposed to be still newly weds but my wedding feels like sooo long ago....

me Sep 2007 also

do u know...me got preggers just two months after wedding..dunno to be happy or what?....best part i found out i was preggers from my dermatologist...

went to see him coz of hair loss from stress of wedding and house renovation...then he said must test me before giving me hair loss medication...and then after like one hour...he told me...to come in and sit down..closed the door....and said to me very seriously...ur pregnant...i cant give u the hair loss medication...*shocked*..i said cannot be lar ....he also *in shock coz first time had to tell patient she's pregnant* then called the lab technician to come in..to confirm *nods head very very sure coz she also shocked* ...then i still *shocked*...left and went to buy preggers test..and tested everyday for three days before i was convinced i was really pregnant.

Back