(2008/08) Aug 2008

hisstory...
how has the last term been for u n ashley??
i went to check out a playgrp recently. am quite certain of putting E in a half day program when he turns 18mths.

mashmellow...
u can put calendula cream.
happy.gif

ms apple: mine uses Seba Med.. It smells very nice! Then for body im using mustela 2-1... hehe.. im a sucker for nice-smelling product, esp hair..cos our bbs r at a very active age now, so he perspire alot.. I got his hair cut very short too.. :p

mspple
ohh.. like rona i blow dry bernice's hair also. cool air. dono if that is the reason i dont have any problems with her head.

re: play yard
any mummy can advise where to get it ?

dongle,
hi-5! i also didn't do anything for the first 2, so this one prob just dinner with family, ie, grandparents, ils my own silbings. thats it.

catherine,
think some mommies got it from the shop at chinatown (peoples park) if i remember correctly. cant remember the shop name. will check n post here if i can find

Cat,
For me I got mine at kiddy palace 3 year back. And I still see them carry it.

Snow,
The partytime reaction looks good too. Think will let my hus decide. Anyone doing the birthday banner? I wanna do it but don't know it will be on time to get it or not.

Hisstory,
Gogobambini seems to have lot of restriction too.

Nini,
Will get that to standby to try ok. And I shall start blow dry her hair

Vone
hehe...ok then i dun feel so bad. Haha...oh ya leh true. $hrs is enuf liao la hor...those who cannot come on time...too bad! haahaa

huichin, rona,
Will wait till Cayla is big enough to have her own friends to invite then hold a party for her so that she can enjoy
happy.gif
Yup, buffet dinner with my parents, inlaws, siblings and my nieces will do
happy.gif

cat,
the last we bought together with vern, Kiddy Palace was selling $149 for 4 panels and CC at $140 for 4 panels but include delivery... if you manage to find another mummy to share with you, CC can split & deliver 6 panels to you...

Any more mummies joining us for Polliwogs???

<font color="0000ff">Gathering @ The Polliwogs</font>

Date:- 04 July (Saturday)
Time:- 1300 Hrs to 1400 Hrs

(formely Singapore Tennis Centre, behind Waraku restaurant)

Prices:
$6.00 for 90 mins (Below 2 yrs old)

$16 for unlimited indoor play on weekdays. $2 more to play outdoor.

$18 for 90 mins on weekends. Additional 30 min for $8. $4 for outdoor.

Web:- http://www.thepolliwogs.com/

1) April and Denzel
2) Vern and Izzy
3) faeriekim &amp; SY
4) eve &amp; Kieren
5) valnsw and Chevelle

We will finalise by 01 Jul ok??

mommies..

r u celebrating bb's birthday on the day itself or on weekends?

AND... would u choose over a delicious cake(cheaper) or of a impressive design cake(more expensive)??

HELP!!! :p

NINI
i would choose a delicious cake... for bernice's 1st mth we paid alot for her cake from cheryl shuen which turns out only to be pretty to look at .. very disappointed. till now i still sore..

nini,
i'm celebrating on the weekend before. i don't need a super impressive design cake but not the normal one though yu ze won't know how to appreciate cakes now. i still want to get a cake that is more baby like.

krex78,
there is no template to it. do you have photoshop? if have, i can show you how to do it step by step.

dongle,
i know for 1st birthday, they are still too young to remember anything. i feel should do cos its first birthday and also at least got some photos to show them when they are older. any other birthdays from 2nd year is not as significant as first. that's how i feel.

huichin,
i have not started on anything yet. only confirm my friend to be the photograhper for the day.

catherine

playyard i got from the chinatown shop also

but i also have another playyard from motherworks...

ur welcome to pop over for a look

cakes

www.7thmanna.com

is pretty good ..i ordered my wedding cake from there and everyone of my guest was raving about it

www.cakeavenue.com

i ordered for first month...the chocolate cake and icing fondant is very nice...for a fondant cake i consider it top grade

first birthday cake
i guess i will order from a normal shop so it doesnt cost too much

crazy how cakes can cost $60-$100+ madness

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
Maybe by 8 Aug Zynn wld enjoy the activities within the playscape.. Or maybe Ashley is just a scaddy cat

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
Think it was quite gd.. I really felt quite gd to return to work, maybe I need to have real adult conversations &amp; challenges of a different kind.. hahah

Where did u find playgrps tt take up half a day? I only know of those 3 hour ones.. Let me know k? In case my intended childcare svc provider doesn't hv vacancies, I can place her in those half-day playgrps to give my parents a little more break

<font color="#CD3278">dongle</font>
Wld love to do what you had plan.. But Ashley's IL's 1st grandkid &amp; i think my parents are also having some sort of expectations though

Then again, it's like the 1st bday for her also? Dunno lah.. Aiyah

<font color="#CD3278">ms apple</font>
What sorts of restrictions are u referring to?

<font color="#CD3278">bb emma</font>
Which flavour fr 7th manna did you get? Many of them sound so yummy.. I wanted to get them to bake cakes as favours for my colleagues

cat &amp; celynlee: ok.. thanks for the replies.
happy.gif
To get a yummy cake is no problem (im a foodie!) but im looking at this cakes from aimummy (ai-mummy blog) her cakes r so cute! It's going to be like $150 n above for an 8 inch cake (serves about 24 pax)

to splurge or not to splurge.... ahh.. But like u mommies say, ppl will appreciate nice cakes more?

hisstory
great tat u had a good 1st term return to work!

it's a child care that provides half day care. it includes bfast, mandarin class, play time etc. operates from 7am-1pm. i'm sure ur child care provider also has half day?

huichin,
haha... yup...
happy.gif

nini,
m celebrating over d wkend coz my gal's bdae is on a wkday. 4 me, i wl choose a delicious cake.
happy.gif

Hi Catherine,

I am pretty surprise that the cake from cherlyshuen did not turn out well for you. I was in the midst of confirming my order with her for my son 1st birthday cake. As you said, it cost a bomb..if it does not taste good but only look good then i really need to reconsider other options. May i know what flavour did you choose for her cake ? I am going for the orange cranberrry.

morning mummies

krex78,
i'm don't have photoshop elements so don't know how to use that.

nini,
the cake that i'm ordering for yu ze is also super ex loh. a 6 inch cake cost $65 (estimate) also depends on my theme.

good morning mummies!

So fast ordering Cake? Me still consider which to order... look good &amp; reasonable price... mummies got any good recommend?

Morning mommies

Been busy, bbs bday coming soon, lots of things to do and to get. Wah! I'm running out of time..

Re: 1st Birthday Gift

Anyway, just want to know "WHAT ARE SOME OF YOU GETING FOR BABY'S FIRST BDAY GIFT?"

I thot of one but dun know if it's too late to get or not. Need to rush down to chinatown to have it done before their bday. Aiyo, where got enuf time? Hope they can do it on the spot.

In case, some mommies are wondering what I've been giving my gals for the last few days... Haha! same old thing where you see in my blog. Just an extra item for their dinner

Pig Leg Ligaments ~ it is said to help develop stronger legs. Seemed to work for me tho.

2572025.jpg

morning mummies. =)

yln
bb bash invite received yesterday le, thx.
hope u are enjoying ur trip now.

msapple
that location is nearer to our house, but the rest of the things u still need to co-ordinate.
as for banner, u celebrating end aug rite?
now not even end jun, can try ya?
actually gogobambini dun have much restriction lah, as long as ur guests dun mind eating ang moh food lor. =P

hisstory
i try to talk to the daddy, he say he will be booking evening time and that timing should not have too many ang moh gia still playing lah lah.
since he likes it, and i believe kids who go there will enjoy, so i'm ok with it lor.
now its time for me to look for cake liao, left only 6wks nia leh...hee hee....

morning mummies,

wow seems like the topic now is birthdae celebrations and cake ordering...

maybe we can start a little survey on our bb 1st birthdae celebration at the same time can give other mummies have more ideas also?

let me start the ball rolling...

1)Balugu
Date:7-10 (birthdae celebration on 9th Aug)
Theme:shld be Strawberry shortcake
Venue: Tanah Merah Chalet
Cake: not yet decide

birthday celebrations &amp; cakes

1)Balugu

2) celynlee
date: 2 aug, sun (actual day on weekday)
theme: can't decide (mickey mouse or sesame street)
venue: at home
cake: 6 inch cake + some cupcakes http://mengchoo.livejournal.com/

Birthday Celebrations Survey

1)Balugu

2) Mel_ocean
Date: 1st Aug 5pm-7pm
Theme:Strawberry shortcake
Venue: Coasta Sands Pasir Ris Chalet

1)Balugu

2) celynlee

3) Mel_ocean
Date: 1st Aug, 5pm-7pm
Theme: Strawberry shortcake

morning mummies
first time bernice slept till 9am.. wah.. luxury

krex
no i am ordering from the patissier. my friend is custom making a cake for me. well.. i expect it to come with a hefty price tag too.

jojobar
yes the cake was overly sweet and quite hard. becos of the fondant she had to use a pound cake inside. mine was blueberry. You can see the pic on my facebook. everyone was so anticipating the cake but was so disappointed with it. I dont mind to pay but with the price i have expectations lo.

nini
i think good cake will be well appreciated. i will spend for good quality cake becos i am a cake lover. i

celyn
oh, its ok....almost forgotten u got own transport...hee hee.
thx anyway.

cat
as of last wkend, no lor.
if got, remember to let us noe.
thx.

Hi Catherine,

This is so dissappointing to hear that ! For the price, i would thought the cake look and taste good loh.

1)Balugu

2) celynlee

3) Mel_ocean
Date: 1st Aug, 5pm-7pm
Theme: Strawberry shortcake

4) jojobar
Date: 16th Aug, 2pm-5pm
Theme: Blue Prince
Venue: Condo Function Room
Cake: originally decided on cherlyshuen...now having second thoughts
Food: ChilliPadi tea reception
Activities: Ball Pit for kids, ballonist, pinata playing
Favour: Princess &amp; prince gift pack for toddlers and babies

Hi Catherine,

Hey i appreciate your feedback ! I dont think you create more problem for me.... As you said the cake is not cheap ! Especially i am ordering a 4 to 5 kg cake....

YOu are going to The Patissier ? I went to the website before, but none of the cake design caught my eyes... headache loh...

I use cupcake divinity for my son 1st month, so wanted a change for 1st birthday...

You have any other cake contacts to share ?

hi jojobar,
the patissier is customizing a cake for me with my sesames st theme. The boss is my friend. But I never ask her how much it will cost :p heard many raving comments on pine garden but i have not tried. usu my cakes all from the patissier that time ordered from cheryl shuen is becos the patissier orders all full le

<font color="#CD3278">timmin</font>
Oh childcare yah? Tt was what i was thinking... I do believe tt child care i'm eyeing wld have half-day, but since it's a distance fr my parents i need to consider if tt place wld be suitable for half day. If not i wld find another nearer my parents, or stick to mine &amp; take full day..

Which one are u looking at?

<font color="#CD3278">snow</font>
Oh man, 6 weeks only!! I better get my butt moving

Back