(2008/08) Aug 2008

sam
i like orbit lei...cloud yr design also not bad
hmm must wait lah for next shipment..than maybe can buy..
wahlaoo...1 stock per colour?????
maybe too ex lar wanna bring in to sin?maybe...

i want to purchase from hy..but then...dunno lei..must think hard..
:p

hfgaga,
i got email hy ytd, she mention she is away fm tdy to 1may. u drop her a email see how lor... orbit abit dull leh, i worry color will run after washing :p

Sam
ur gals really tempted me :p Guess I'll get Pikkolo oso... Can tell how ur bb like it ? they got only 1 per colour ? When their next shipment ? :p If I really going to buy, can I use ur card ? hehehehe

Ling Ling,
no prob. i pass u lah, but can return after use? they hve after sale service for 6mths after purchase, juz in case lah... hee

i tot i saw somewhere you hve a carrier already :p

ling ling
yah lar..connecta also make me very tempted but haiyah..dunno lah..hahahha
but i wonder y connecta cheaper...wo pu che taoo!!!
heheheh

hfgaga,
stay focus leh... you can really be carrier queen le, or already carrier queen??? hee

ling ling,
pikkolo can carry 4 ways, but the lady dun recommend bb face outwards, she said not good for spine...

Hashisan
No harm trying
happy.gif

Sam
Thanks... I have BBjorn air... and 2 slings :p After reading all the comment here, plan to sell my bbjorn cos cant use for back carry.. Now our bbs more Kpo n heavier tot back carry will b better :p
So far my hb will carry her on top of his neck LOL
Sure I will return again to u if I decided to get
happy.gif
THanks so much for the offer..

Hfgaga
wahhhh if U the Expert of bb carrier doesnt know the difference between Connecta n Pikkolo, how bout me ??? I'm going to be very lost leh...
sad.gif
But yes Connecta much cheaper... :p

hmmm..
connecta also i heard good reviews u knowww...cheap somemore sia...now now....hmmmm
have to do research

hei dont u guys realise..todays topic abt carriers?
hahahahaha
my fav topic

ling,
why you need 2 slings? me no confidence in slings leh, i vv worried that bb fall out... hence, never considered b4 though its cheaper... if wanna buy, choose carrier where the base is not crotch style de... i think kiddy palace are all crotch style...

ling ling
must do some research abt this..hehehhe...
but last time when hy did her first bp...i wanted to order a solarwieve connecta..but moq not met so i was refunded..then 2nd bp..she e-mailed me..but then i already bought my jujube be right back backpack..so i told her cannot liow..hahahahahah

ooh yah i love jujube products.but very ex!!!!

sam
u are rite!!!!! we are spamming this page abt carriers..

your baby sleep already?
my baby sleeping in my ergo carrier now..cannot put him down..wait wake up...the bro so noisy singing barney song..

ling
i agree with sam..slings/pouch my hubby got no confidence..he say baby gonna drop..heheh..donno lah..but my hubby's friend gave me this website coz she wants to buy so asking me if i want to combine than she will pass my pouch to hubby..

www.pupsikstudio.com

not bad lar...but still hubby say cannot buy although its cheap..

<font color="#CD3278">hashisan</font>
Give it a shot! I'm sure ur hb wld also be supportive too.. Keep us in the loop of your decision
happy.gif

<font color="#CD3278">ReiRei</font>
Oooh, u went down oredi.. I think I can't make it to GAP, La Senza etc tmr liao.. Got work till late
sad.gif

<font color="#CD3278">Vern</font>
I can only 'envy' everyone's loot.. Gotta work late tmr *haiz*

<font color="#CD3278">coolsnow</font>
Am using the Scootababy &amp; bb Ashley enjoys being in it alot... She bounces in it happily
happy.gif

Catherine,

Thanks for sharing on the cordecyd.Inspire by Mrs Teng..recently trying out different TCM herbs in his porridge.

Whow..i saw the pretty Bernice's picture! As usual..snowy darling u have!

Mrs Teng,
can ask if u have tried giving beef for your girls? Thanksz..

Needy babies,
Mommies, are your babies needy now? Adel very needy leh ! I can't even walk away from him leh ! Once walk away he will cry very loud. Is it normal ?

ALso , he doesn't want other babies to come near him. Cannot play with the others one, must be alone and happy sitting in the play pan quietly. Why like that? I quite worried leh.... something wrong with him ? Not secure ? How ?

reirei
tempting to go but no chance lei. tmr going zoo and prob wont have time to drop by GAP
sad.gif

fairybees
thanks
happy.gif

happy_mummy
bernice has always been a needy baby. cannot be alone. play also must have someone there with her on the playmat.

<font color="0000ff">hashisan</font>
if i'm in ur shoes, i would take up the job offer!
since it is flexi hours and only 3-4hrs per day. You can then plan which timing suits ur family best and i think for only 3-4hrs, your maid should be able to handle the kids. Best if u can work during the hours when Ryo goes to playgroup. Then that means your maid only need to take care of Misaki.
even though the salary is low but it is still money leh (i did a quick calc, got at least $500 a mth).... then in future u can buy whatever u want in BPs w/o feeling guilty. keke. ;)
also as some mommies mentioned, working gives u some interaction time with the outside world. (p.s:-I miss that the most)
lastly since this type of job is something u wanted to try, just go for it. If it doesn't work out, can just quit mah.

Mummies, thank u so much for your opinions. appreciate each of them.

hisstory:
I have talked to hubby and he is ok with it, as long as I am happy (he said) and there is nothing to lose anyway.
so yes tomorrow I will call my future boss and take this part time job.

I truly hope everything goes well. this is my plan:

7am-4pm (9 hrs) look after ,play, bath ,put ryo to bed for afternoon nap at 3.30pm
basically spend time with my children

ryo will go to school in between this timing

4.30-8.30 (4hrs) work, go home by 8.45
8.45-9.00 put misaki to bed.

MOn to fri only.
sat off
sun work for 2 hrs only

how does it sound?

Catherine: yes good point< never think about dinner time.. I dun know how the company will go about it. I'll ask him tomorrow. I'll put michan to bed my self at 9pm and hubby will handle ryo as usual.

M2B and jojobar: yes if it doesnt work out, I'll quit hehehe

Mel ocean: who takes care of Amelia ,do u send her to childcare?

dongle: u go to kids clinic? u stay at sengkang also? or its the kids clinic at bishan?

shint: how's the maid thing? the old one comes back already?

Ling: iya ada toko indo di situ emang, cuma gua sebel masa majalah sama tabloid gosipnya mahal bener hahaha tapi tetep dibeli lumayan buat iseng2
happy.gif

Fitbaby: iya mau dicoba. doain yah biar lancar. How is Trudy. she is sooooo beautiful in the ps. very nice outfit too!!! is she fully recoverd now? my hubby also said Trudy is beautiful when he saw her at ms apple house.

happy mummy; totally aggree with u ..thank you
happy.gif

my maid and my hubby will look after them during that 4 hrs I am working

Rona: enjoy your shopping, tomorrow still have time to do last minute shopping rite?
happy.gif

missysz: thank u and thanks for the bf article too
happy.gif

Mrs N: thanks for reminding me what I should do first before everything else. to ask HIM.
just hope I dont sacrifice my kids because of this. or am I thinking to much? its only 4 hrs afterall?

Happy mummy:

its very normal. its called separation anxiety.

and children are usually be a solitaire (aka prefer to play alone or even when there are other kids, they can sit side by side but still play alone) until they are about 3 years old . so its normal dun worry.

Sam &amp; hfgaga
heheheh we r spamming uh ? :p I got 2 slings cos only in that n in the sling position, my ga l can sleep.. If I use carrier n put her straight, so far she cant so need to train her to sleep in the carrier liao :p

when she was smaller, very convenient using a sling now she moves so much n sometimes struggle, wear her in sling has bcome real challenge :p

Rona
Gosh, I hate sore throat... Can imagine how uncomfy it is if me, the talkative lost my voice n cant talk talk :p Speedy recovery

Hashisan
Yup, mang mahal.... aji mumpung kali ya ? :p Btw, the PT job, timingnya ga bs earlier ? Least lama2 nanti HB complain never dinner 2gether ...

Hisstory
Ashley can even bounce in it ? Heeeeeee... Check with u, can b use from newborn to toddler ? Back carry ? :p

Hashisan
Thank you for your concern n compliment
happy.gif
Yes, Trudy has fully recovered. Thanks for the nebulizer. I just need her to go back to her oldself (bouncy girl). Went to Kindermusik today and she didn't really enjoy herself maybe she was not used to this substitute teacher.

I am very happy for you to find such a good timing and walking distance job. Sincerely hope you will be happy
happy.gif
I must admit it's not easy to juggle n find a good balance between work n family.

Vone
How is your son? has he recovered?

Nini
Sayang Braiden. Hope he is getting well soon

Timmin
Ethan get well soon!

Rona
I get sore throat easily n from there will get flu n cough. You take care
happy.gif

Ling, Sam &amp; hfgaga
I wanna lelong my Bjorn air carrier. Any lobang? Trudy is too heavy n too long for this carrier (height limit: 74cm n she is 75 cm). Thinking to get another carrier???

h.fgaga,
u mean d original teddy puffs? i need 2 chk wif d distributor on tat coz none of us ordered. let me revert 2 u on tis.
happy.gif

fitbaby,
nt yet. he still gt fever on &amp; off. then he aso gt cough &amp; flu. i hope tat he gets well soon.

hashisan, missysz,
Yes, maid came back and things are normal again. Hurray!!!

Sylvia,
The old one i sent back to agency cos we were oredi planning to send her back but wanted to wait till my ex-maid land in singapore. However, over the last weekend i spoke to her nicely and ask if she is happy working with us, etc, how come she always in her dreamland, why she looks unhappy .... cos if she is not happy then might as well find one place she is happy with ....
My intention was to prempt her and if we do send her back to agency, she was at least mentally prepared.

Then, she said last time she
- dun need to wake up take care of baby at nite (but before i employ her i told her that and if she is prepared for it, she said yes)
- dun need to go out with employers to go shopping ( we tot if she always stay at home then she is bored)
- go out got car (cos i take MRT, no car yet, i haven't done my refresher course and hubby can't drive yet)

i ask only, everything come out. To me, she is not vv suitable for kids cos she never attempt to play with Kai or #1. Once, she made and attempt and Kai looked away, i make Kai face her again and say "Aunty sxxxxx" .. then Kai looked away again and i tried again, Kai turned away for the 3rd time.

I felt that Kai dun like her either. Kai lost his smiles when she was taking care for that 2 weeks ... he only smiles when he sees me. So i felt that Kai could sense that she is not keen to look after him. Babies are vv good indicators. If the baby always cry with a certain person, something is wrong. I believe in that, so i was not keen to keep her.

The best part was, she told her agent on Sat nite liao and Sun we gave her time off to go agency to wait for interview. This ended good for us cos we dun need to pay extra cos she is the one who wanted to find a new employer instead of us who sent her back. So it became such that she is not happy working with us instead of us not happy with her. it worked to our advantage.

So on Tue, hubby spoke to agent and agent told her ... that would mean we can't keep her cos she might not be happy and who knows what she might do rite? better send back to agency.

Anyway, everything worked out well for me. My ex-maid is back and things has reverted back to normal. At least, i know her and can trust her and dun have to monitor her. it's a tiring thing to keep monitoring someone, it's better to do it myself.

hashisan,
Great to hear that u are trying out a PT job ;)
good to take a break from the daily routine. can sell good if not then take it that u're taking a break. at least this job offers some $$ .. else even walking around, talking to other mommies ... all these dun yield $$.

morning mummies

very long didn't wake up at this hour to pump but i overslept for the 12am pump. so pumping now cos its about 7 hours from last pump liao.

shint,
glad that your maid is back with you.
happy.gif

happy mummy,
its normal that adel crys when you walk away. whenever yu ze is back home, i can't leave him on the mat and walk away immediately. even we are still within his sight, he will also cry. must sit with him for a few minutes before we can walk away.

morning mommies!

TGIF!hehehe

Happy mummy
My emre also like that i move away from him he will wail loudly..then his bro hug me he will
Wail also..at first i found it funny..now not funny lei....hmmm

Vone
Yup tks

hi mummies

huichin
happy.gif
..think falisha will like her chicken!
happy.gif
i use the dried scallop bought from those medical hall lor...i think its a bit salty..so i usually soak very long..but i thot just let kaer try...she like it..so i just let her take..but i dun feed everyday..maybe like once every week only..scallop very ex leh...heehee..i might try the fresh scallops next time..

carriers
all the talk about carriers..just wondering how long more will our bbs use the carrier? i have the pupsik sling but its getting tiring to carry kaer in it..shouler pain if carry too long..we going macau in june..and i was thinking of getting a carrier to go there cuz dun want to bring stroller...but hubby not too keen to buy carrier cuz kaer now like learning to walk..so our concern is that once she know how to walk..she dun wanna to be carrier...how?
any place to rent carriers??

celyn
i soak for about an hour..i dunno if the nutrients will be gone by then ...but i just wanted to make sure its not too salty lor..no need to blend..cuz it will disintegrate when the porridge is ready..use spoon to smash smash can liao...still smell and taste very good leh...heehee ( i usually finish the leftovers!)

Good Morning Mommies!

Mel,
Next time, your kid will be just as sweet…kids can say the most sweetest things but yet also test our patience to the max! heehee

Huichin,
Oops, increase shopping expenses coz send to office? Heehee…oh, my #1 is 5yo liao…

YLN,
My MIL puts dried scallops into the porridge and Mae loves her porridge too! But my mom doesn’t put and Mae oso eat lah…hehe

Vern,
Hint hint liao then go La Senza shopping huh? Mothers’ Day on 10 May. =P

Hashisan,
Glad you have discussed it through w hb and make a decision…yalor, try it out, at most, dun like, quit. Its just 4 hours...for me, I'm out of the house for 12hrs!!!

Morning mummies!

Hashisan, my MIL take care of my ger during weekday. Friday nite she'll go to my sil's place &amp; return home on sunday nite... she need a long break.... hahaha!

happy_mummy
Allivier also a needy baby. cannot be alone. play also must have someone company her, especially very "stick" to my mil. Whenever she saw my mil only, she'll eehh eehh &amp; push me away.... she want my mil than me, i feel so sad.... my mil like mother to her!

Shint
Glad ur ex-maid come back, the current one seem like not suitable as a helper &amp; obviously she dun like kid at all....

RE: Meat
Some mummies already let bb's eat meat but i still hesitate to try.... scared Allivier got choke le....

hashisan,
the PD i went is Dr Allyson Tan from the kids clinic at sengkang... i used to stay at bishan and now staying at upp serangoon, next to serangoon mrt...

oh, it's good to have part time work to do and still able to take care of your children... yup, just treat it as meeting new people and another source to subsidise your BP...

Shint,
congrats on your ex maid coming back after all these drama... good things got to wait??!!! hehe... your this new maid also funny hor, interview that time ok to take care of kids &amp; now then regret... they din know that they will kena additional 2 months salary as penalty? really duno what they thinking!!!

YLN,
it's a must to bring stroller when going tour, unless the terrain not suitable to push stroller then you use a carrier... even if kaer dont like sitting on it, you can use it to put your stuffs, change her, feed her or let her sleep in it... you will really need it...

Good Morning Mummies! TGIF! So looking forward to weekend with baby!

shint
we'll pay snow
happy.gif

Glad to hear your old maid is back! Must be a relief for you!

M2B
heh will start hinting this weekend cos its next Sun liao! Must think of what to get for my own mummy too! I am super excited cos first mummy's day for me! You must be too!? Now you got 2 lovely darlings to celebrate for you keke

mel_ocean
if you are worried about choking then best to blend it.. once its blended its very easy to swallow
happy.gif
Try a little at a time first yeah?

<font color="#CD3278">ReiRei</font>
My workplace is near NUS.. So far fr town *sulks* Nvm, hope i can catch more sales whether online or at the shops over the weekend
happy.gif

<font color="#CD3278">hashisan</font>
Tt's really great to hear ur hb's so supportive abt it &amp; tt u 2 already have an arrangement. Can your helper handle both the kids during dinner time though?

<font color="#CD3278">ling</font>
Yupz, she thinks she is in the jumperoo.. *i think*
Nope, fr abt 4 m.o onwards, or when bb can support head steadily
happy.gif

Needy babies,

h.fgaga,
True, it's not funny indeed ! In fact, it is very stressful for me when I am alone with him... Very difficult to even get food for him ! The min I go, he wails liao.

Celyn,
Can't even sit a few mins then go ! Sit a few mins, stand up, still cry... super jia lat leh like that !

Hashisan,
How long the will the seperation anxiety last ??!

YLN,
i may have missed your post. But how are things with your MIL?

Back