(2008/08) Aug 2008

hisstory, i'm taking fenugreek now. i dun usu massage before latching on since he will be quite impatient for milk. maybe i shld do that next time. yes, drinking lots of water at work now...hoping it will help.

hisstory,
my job is desk bound and most of the time i very free lah. actually i can afford to pump at 3 hourly in office but didn't want to do it cos paiseh lah. in case other colleagues not happy so i only pump twice. when i change job next year, i think i can only afford to pump once in office liao. so by end of this month or early next month, must try to slowly drag the pump interval and hopefully can still maintain ss.

celyn, why u want 2 change job when u're so free now? all of us dying to have yr job man!

i think i will do a mid day pump if i want to continue bf after 6 mths.

krex
Hmm, can get ur hb to distract bb first? try & see if it wld work.. Heard hot milo also helps
happy.gif

celyn
Eh, why wld ur colleagues be unhappy.. Can finish the job, they can't complain mah..
U've got a lot of FBM yah? Enough to last Yu ze till 6mths old?

hisstory, my hb sometimes help to press the milk out, haha. he will help out if around but sometimes i come back from work and he's working ot, so i have to DIY.

krex78,
i'm going back to ex-company. they had requested for me to go back since last year. but i didn't accept their request then cos i already know that i'm pregnant liao. don't want to lose out on maternity leave.

changing job cos i'm too free liao. very hard to pass time. everyday sit here and idle, not using my brain at all will soon become very stupid leh. already after giving birth a bit stupid liao don't want to make it worse. heheheh....

hisstory,
i believe i will have enough to last him since i'm still pumping regularly. i have about 70 bottles of 3oz fbm at home and i think near or more than 100 bottles of fbm at babysitter's place. i actually lost count on the no of bottles i have liao. i keep looking out for them. yesterday she show me her freezer, its bursting with fbm. that's why she told me not to send it to her for the time being. hahah...

i'm the only one who is super free in office. the rest of them seems to be super busy. don't know what they are busy with too. hehe...

my boss already told me that they feel that she is siding me liao. so i better 'zi dong' a bit loh. i still go back on the dot even though i go off for 2 pump session a day.

celyn, so nice. my ex-co seems to be retrenching so i dun think they want me back, haha. my goodness, where u get so much FBM? u store in disposable bottles or what? don't they take up a lot of space? mine even when i store in freezer bags already taking up a lot of space...

krex78,
happy.gif
they are really very nice to me. i also ask if they are sure they want me back cos economy is bad now mah. are they still recruiting? I'm lucky in a way cos i had already sign the letter of offer with them in oct, then economy still not bad yet and i do had an increment. if i were to sign the letter of offer later then maybe i won't be able to get any increment liao. i will be going back in feb 09.

hahaha.... i use glass bottles. i store 3oz (small amount) in each bottles. its actually not a lot lah. i get about 100-120ml only per 3 hour pump.

you all using milk bag can store more amount in each bag so in terms of qty, it will be lesser loh.

snow,
ya i got her contact and liaised with her already. Can touble you to bring my stuff on tues ?

BTW My hubby wana go too .. hahaha. I told him only 1 parent allowed, he still insist he wana go. Maybe he worry after the trial we all go shopping .. hahaha

celyn, so u only tender from your current job last mth? serving one month notice? then your bonus how? how much u pay for your glass bottles? i store 120ml in my bags; recently upgrade to 150ml. i prefer to store in feed size amt, so i dun exactly maximise the bags also, heh heh. i dun think i have more than 20 bags of FBM at any pt in time.

Hi Val,
Thanks for sharing.

Hi Celyn,
Think its true, your boy telling you he is going to sleep and ask you to rest too.
happy.gif

hi msapple,

can i join? me not that active in aug08 thread...
but then i have to check with my hb schedule first tonite...
btw, just need to get 1 x'mas gift or 2? cos i got a toddler and bb...

X'mas Babies bash'08

Venue: Boon Tiong Road (near Tiong Bahru Plaza/MRT)
Date: 14 Dec 08
Time: 1.30pm

Event include
- Temperature measuring, maybe check for HFMD (to be safe for the babies hee!)
- Name tag will be given to the babies and Parent (Can provide the name just like what I did for mine below. So I can prepare the tag. Thanks!)
- Catering Neogarden ??
- mingling
- Phototaking of the babies
- X'mas Gift exchange for the toddler and babies (budget = $15 or more as you wish)
- Gift opening?

1) msapple(E-Ling) + 1 toddler(Amabel) + 1 baby (Aisleyne) - confirmed
2) balugu (shirley) + 1 bb (Gerlene)
3) celynlee (celyn) + 1 baby (yu ze) - confirm
4) vone + 1 toddler + 1 bb (??)
5) M2B (Lillian) + 1 toddler (Lorraine) + 1 bb (Maegan)
6) aurora + 1 bb (Reagan) - confirmed
7) missysz (sereen) + 1 baby (Jonas) + Maid (not cater) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
8) Roiv (Ivey)+ Hubby (Rony) + 1 toddler (Xavier) + 1 bb (Allivier)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
9) snow74 (may) + hubby (bw) + 1 toddler (Nynn) + 1bb (Zynn) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
10) whatodo(Samantha) + Mom + 1 bb(Yu Min)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
11) Shint + 1 toddler (Quan) + 1 bb(Kai) + 1 helper - confirmed *address and contact sent*
12) Fitbaby (Lina) + 1 my mom + 1 bb (Trudy) Confirmed
13) Happy mummy (Katherine) + hubby (faroek) + bb (Adel)
14) vern (Laverne) + bb (Izzy) - confirmed
15) krex78 (karen) + hubby + 1 bb (Jonah) + 1 helper (not cater)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
16) catherine + bb(bernice) confirmed
17) cocomo + hubby + 1 toddler (Jayden) + bb (Shervalle)
18) april + bb (Denzel) - confirmed
19) megan + hubby +1 4yr old(megan) + 1 bb(titus)
20)hashisan + hubby +3yo (ryoutaro) +1 bb (misaki) + helper
21) Shay + bb (Ashton)
22) Nini (Winnie) + bb (Braiden) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
23) dongle (connie) + bb (cayla) - confirmed
24) happie (stephanie) + bb (chiemi) - confirmed
25) YLN (Pam) + bb (Kaer) - confirmed

Hi Dongle,

I seldom post as gotta to take care of 2 children and expressing bm so kinda busy. Also my 3 year old son wants to play on my laptop when he sees me surfing!! Just got a brand new laptop so dun wish him to spoil it.

catherine,
think if we follow the water proportion for dettol, shd be ok.
happy.gif
o can use sabbath's method.

RE: xmas bash gift exchange
So what;s the arrangement? ?Buy unisex gift or boys exchange with boys, girls exchange with girls?

joycelyn,
With advice from YLN who uses safety pin on a piece of cloth.
I am using 1 big piece of cloth (actually a sarong cloth) n i use those big baby safety pin to pin it.It acts like a shawl.
It's quite easy, just put it over the head then attach the pump underneath, can liao.
Will try to take a pic and show u.

Underneath, i use a handsfree strap so I can still type as I pump. Make sure the cloth is long so it can cover front and back oso.
Initially i bought velcro to sew on it but have no time until now.

Your office alot of pple there?
Mine has 1 male colleague, so i place a chair with a note "Busy ..." so he'll know i am pumping.
But if too many then quite difficult.

Nursing Pads - me need, who else have extra to get rid of?
I am left with the last box liao. Bought so many, use so fast.

U know ah, once, i went out for dinner and then the pad shifted, i din realised and then it leaked out.
My top was wet. Heng I happened to buy a new top an hour before, so i changed into it.
Now, i bring extra set of clothes when i go out .. sometimes forget oso.
Anyone had tat before?

aurora, think better buy unisex toys lah. otherwise msapple will have headache trying to separate the boys and girls gifts, heehee.

shint, wah you got so much milk ah? i dun think my milk will leak that badly...the only time i leak into my bra pads is when i have blocked ducts and milk is trying to flow out, or when i never pump for very long, like 7-8 hrs.

i use avent reusable pads, so i hardly use my pigeon disposable ones now. but i'll prob only sell when i stop expressing.

oh yes, i bought this nursing shawl which i hardly use. does it work as well as your sarong shawl? i find it very clumsy still, trying to place the pump under my shirt, then thru my bra holes. in the end i gave up. i only recently started using the shawl when i BF in public. but my boy feels quite hot instead. started sweating away!

celyn,
100 + 70 bottles of 3 oz ... how u store so much?
how much does Yu ze drink ...
I pump 250-300+ ml per pump but only manage to maintain his daily feed. Occassionally then i keep 1-2 additional packets per week only.
Can do milk bath loh.

Krex,
Me store up to 180ml (that;s the max) and at the moment about 28 pkts.
Oldest one is end Sept.
My fridge oso no space ....

Oh, u taking fenugreek ah? I have a brand new bottle to sell leh .. cos i never used it.
Enough ss oredi .... have also like 2 boxes of the lactating milk tea to sell. Who is interested??
I was vv determined to have milk for #2 cos #1, i had so little so i bought everything to ensure success.
When i delivered, oredi got milk at hospital - 50ml. So never use lor.

For those who trying for #2 next time ... i think +ve thinking helps.hhehe.

earnestmum,
My #1 oso, wan to see pictures la, thomas the train la ..
then see forum always say "Happy face", now he oso know the sad face.

krex,
I take out my shirt, then pull down the bra then fix. my self made shawl, the hole on top abit bigger so i can see from the top to fix it. Quite good and no cost to me ;) The cloth was given by my sis long time ago and it's got quite nice prints. Not too thin oso.

oops .... i mean i put on the shawl first.
Then take everything out before i put on the pump la. That one quite thick so can keep warm oso. hee.

Previous post - ignore hor. Sounds like i only put on the shawl later ... sounds so terrible!

msapple,

shirley sms me jus nw 2 ask me 2 inform u tat she's not able to make it. thus, pls exclude her.

will pm u my hp no & aso 2 get ur contacts. tks a lot 4 organising.

X'mas Babies bash'08

Event include
- Name tag will be given to the babies and Parent (Can provide the name just like what I did for mine below. So I can prepare the tag. Thanks!)
- Catering Neogarden ??
- mingling
- X'mas Gift exchange for the toddler and babies (budget = $15 or more as you wish)
- Gift opening?

1) msapple (E-Ling) + 1 toddler (Amabel) + 1 baby (Aisleyne) - confirmed
2) balugu (shirley) + 1 bb (Gerlene) - unable to attend
4) vone (yvonne) + 1 toddler (daryl) + 1 bb (dawn)
6) aurora (lisiah) + 1 bb (Reagan) - confirmed
7) missysz (sereen) + 1 baby (Jonas) + Maid (not cater) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
8) Roiv (Ivey) + Hubby (Rony) + 1 toddler (Xavier) + 1 bb (Allivier)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
9) snow74 (may) + hubby (bw) + 1 toddler (Nynn) + 1 bb (Zynn) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
10) whatodo (Samantha) + Mom + 1 bb (Yu Min)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
11) Shint + 1 toddler (Quan) + 1 bb (Kai) + 1 helper - confirmed *address and contact sent*
13) Happy mummy (Katherine) + hubby (faroek) + 1 bb (Adel)
14) vern (Laverne) + 1 bb (Izzy) - confirmed
15) krex78 (karen) + hubby + 1 bb (Jonah) + 1 helper (not cater)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
16) catherine + bb (bernice) - confirmed
17) cocomo + hubby + 1 toddler (Jayden) + 1 bb (Shervalle)
18) april + 1 bb (Denzel) - confirmed
19) megan + hubby + 1 4yr old (megan) + 1 bb(titus)
20) hashisan + hubby + 3yo (ryoutaro) + 1 bb (misaki) + helper
21) Shay + 1 bb (Ashton)
22) Nini (Winnie) + 1 bb (Braiden) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
23) dongle (connie) + 1 bb (cayla) - confirmed
24) happie (stephanie) + 1 bb (chiemi) - confirmed
25) YLN (Pam) + 1 bb (Kaer) - confirmed

total - 35 adults, 8 toddlers & 24 bbs

paiseh, shld b 34 adults instead. count salah... :p

X'mas Babies bash'08

Event include
- Catering Neogarden ??
- mingling
- Gift opening?

8) Roiv (Ivey) + Hubby (Rony) + 1 toddler (Xavier) + 1 bb (Allivier)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
9) snow74 (may) + hubby (bw) + 1 toddler (Nynn) + 1 bb (Zynn) - confirmed *address and contact sent*
10) whatodo (Samantha) + Mom + 1 bb (Yu Min)- confirmed *address and contact sent*
11) Shint + 1 toddler (Quan) + 1 bb (Kai) + 1 helper - confirmed *address and contact sent*
20) hashisan + hubby + 3yo (ryoutaro) + 1 bb (misaki) + helper
21) Shay + 1 bb (Ashton)

total - 34 adults, 8 toddlers & 24 bbs

Snow
me bringing my baby for hubby for the class on 9th cs manage to squeeze a day off out...

The trial session has been confirmed for the following mummies/daddies
1) Catherine
2) Yuuri
3) Fitbaby
4) aurora
5) valnsw
6) Briebaby
7) Megan
8) Jen
9) twin stars
10) snow74
11) msapple
12) Ruixuan

Catherine
will trnasfer tonight

Celyn
received amt with thanks!!

hello mummies,

long time never log in....but need an urgent favour.

Does anyone have extra ameda pump funnel and tubing adaptor to sell me? Pls pm me if u do as my son broke mine!! the tubing adaptor is the small plastic thing that connects the pump machine to teh 2 tubes. Appreciate your help!!

mummies going for the kindermusic trial or the xmas gathering, i have an extra box of lansinoh milk bag. Nvr open before. cos never express, only latch on.. Wana sell off. anyone interested ?

shint
u using my method ar? very useful hor..cheap and good..hehee..i also put on shawl first and then remove everything..n put in drawer..actually..for my case i dun put shawl also neber mind..cuz we have our own homeroom..that means my classroom is my office/room..we dun have staff room...but a bit furni if go topless in the room...i got lock my doors ..but still put on shawl feel safer ..
happy.gif

ruixuan,
thanks for informing
happy.gif

shint,
yu ze is drinking 125ml now with 1 night feed of fm. i also don't know how i manage to store so much. i don't give him fresh ebm. each pump i will get to freeze 1 or 2 bottles of 3oz depending on if its a 3 hour or 4/5 hour stretch. any balance from the pump, i will leave it in the fridge for him to drink. when the ebm in fridge is insufficient then i will top up with fbm. i think my oldest fbm is oct one.

i think positive thinking really helps for me too. right from the start, i'm determine to give bm so i got myself a high end pump. my friends scold me for that saying that i'm wasting $$ and not everyone got bm to bf. so i shouldn't waste $$ in getting a high end pump which might end up being a white elephant. they quote me examples of their friends who all didn't manage to bf. despite of what they say, i still spend near $700 on my pump. i tell myself if with a high end pump, i still can't bf so be it but at least i try with what is supposed to be good.

krex78,
i will only tender on 2 jan cos i still want my bonus. i'm on contract basis so its 1 month notice. they are thinking of buying over my notice but haven't confirm.

Re: Kindermusik

Next Trial: 12/12 Fri 3pm. Interested ?? Only for the following mummies. Pls let me know ASAP. Cos she reserving 5 slots for me now.

1) Gayle
2) faeriekim
3) missysz
4) fairybees
5) happy_mummy

yesterday I went to clinic they put misaki for injection on dec 13th, I went back home realize that our gathering is the next day. so I'll try to change the vaccination date to earlier date (in case got fever ,touch wood..)so we can attend the gathering.will call clinic tomorrow.thanks

X'mas Babies bash'08

Event include
- Catering Neogarden ??
- mingling
- Gift opening?

20) hashisan + hubby + 3yo (ryoutaro) + 1 bb (misaki) + helper - not confirmed
21) Shay + 1 bb (Ashton)

total - 34 adults, 8 toddlers & 24 bbs

shint, talking abt old fbm i ve been clearing them. used them to bath my gal. coz she dun like fbm onli take fresh. b4 i goes back to work i got 70+packs of it now slowly clearing. tomolo will b using 30 aug pack to bath. 1st in 1st out. keekee

celyn
wow.. Tt's a total of 170 bottles? Veryvery gd ss.. Can sell off some!!

Which pump are u using? I only know Medela PIS is quite ex

Hmm, the colleagues can't say much leh.. I mean you can be pumping & be efficient in your work. Whereas those who dun pump may be surfing net or chitchatting wor.. Time spent at work station doesn't mean work done leh

ruixuan
Thanks for the ad! Hb was still wondering what time does the sale start
happy.gif

krex
Ur hb's really hands-on (pardon the pun!!)
*jia you* with BF.. Am sure if u persevere, u wld maintain the ss. Heard tt there might be an increase in ss in the 4th mth, dunno if it's true anot

celyn,
so far, you are one of the more "disciplined" FTWM in this thread... still can wake up to pump every 3 hourly... very good... that's why you got so many FBM la... remember to check for near expiry dates ones cos my mum just told me that cayla make those want to vomit sound when she fed her with my nearly 2 months FBM... kekeke...

you very "hao ming" still wanna quit... my boss wont let me off easily... after i came back, he seem to load me with so many new things... plus seems like he stop giving out new projects when i not around!!!

pple with desk bound job always wish to have jobs that can run around & vice versa... my job is supposed to run around but i got so many things to do that i have to send my staffs to do the running around... funny hor...

earnestmum,
oic... hope you are getting some help from your mum so that you wont overstretch yourself... take care...

msapple,
can minus the kids & round down, what did they say their minumum for free shipping for the menu you chose? for 34 adults & 8 toddlers, 30 pax should be enough... i will PM you for your contact shortly...

shint,
aiyo, you saw??? you remember what i told you over the phone just now...

what you say it's true that 2nd time mummy might have more milk... those 2nd time mummies i met at my company nursing room all got 2 bottles or 1 big pack of milk bag!!! i also met a 4th time mummy who is also my uni fren in the nursing room, she was telling me she gets 200 to 300ml within 15mins using avent manual pump...

hehe.. you got to bring extra clothes... just like bb..

14 Dec X'mas bash I gotta give it a miss cos I am bringing Alden to watch the Tooth Fairy play at DBS Theatre. All mummies enjoy yourselves as it's a major gathering from the list :)

Dongle: Thanks for concern. I do have the blue cool pack with the black bag that comes with the Medela pump, it's just me in a rush sometimes so did not bring it out with the EBM!! Lazy mum!! Your 3 year old niece very well-trained :) muahaha! Did you have to pay for your pap smear with Dr Ang or is it under the package?

Catherine,
I'll buy the milk bags from you. Let me know how much, I transfer to you.
Btw, I've transferred the Kinder-trial to you ald k. THANKS!

Krex your determination to tbf your son is very commendable.
happy.gif
Don't focus too much on the dip but look on the bright side that you're still producing BM for him to drink. Some BM is better than none.

morning mummies.

hisstory,
i'm using avent iq isis duo pump. it cost $799 but i manage to get a 20% discount for it.

i know they are working cos my boss keep chasing them for their work. seems like they can't finished their work in time and even do OT loh.

dongle,
i used to work in sales so have been running around singapore. tired of it liao then change to desk bound job. i'm fine with it as long as got work to do loh. no work really very hard leh. everyday come in to office don't know what to do. i will even spread out my work that i can finished in 1 days to 2-3 days to do slowly.

for fbm, my babysitter will taste it before giving to yu ze if she thinks the colour looks odd. heheh.... i dare not even try it myself. hubby try before and he says its not nice. :p

mrs n,
yah, i agree. to have some bm its better than none.

morning mummies...

would like to ask: if i wanna tender resignation and my bonus is usually given out end jan with salary..if i tender 2 jan...would i be given bonus?

timminbuzz,
i think most company will not pay out bonus as long as you tender before you got it. to get the bonus, you might have to tender in feb instead.

morning mummies

my home pc was down, now logging in from the office

vone,
thanks for helping me to inform that i cant make it for the xmas gathering

celyn,
really pei fu you having so much bm, maybe i should also have a positive mind set for the #2 should i want to bf

Good Morning Mummies...

ceyln
very pei fu that you can still pump 3 hourly. Once I started work, I stopped pumping the wee hour one liao, too tired. After I feed my gal at 4am, I straight away fall asleep. How you manage? Not tired meh? I wish there was 30 hours in a day :p

re: Mattel Sale
Mummies who are going, can come back and share if there are good deals? Hesitant to go all the way to come back empty handed :p

shirley,
i didn't really keep track of how much fbm i have just that i keep running out of bottles looking for new ones. heheh...
happy.gif

vern,
on weekends, i will keep to 3 hour pump since i'm at home but skip 1 midnight pump. on weekdays, i will still keep to 3 hour pump when i'm home but if in office, it will be 4-5 hour pump.

i will be going to the mattel sale in the afternoon.

Sabbath/Celyn
Have fun shopping! TGIF!! Can buy present for the Xmas gift exchange next week keke I still thinking what to get that is gender neutral... Can't buy clothes. So best is to buy toys or books?

Back