(2008/08) Aug 2008

do1nk and mini,
thanks for the advice.
As my periods are irregular like Ratatouille, it's difficult to gauge how many weeks im in. My LMP was in mid oct, so supposed to be 8 weeks, but when GP couldn't see any sac yet, she concluded that i might be less than 4 weeks.

I think i'll see a gynae to confirm that everything is fine soon. Feel weird that tests are positive yet cannot see the baby! so anxious! Dun even dare to tell my mum or MIL yet. :p

Have u ladies told anyone about ur pregnancy? Is it supposed to be kept a secret until the baby stabilise?

Welcome all new comers!

Cutie, i pray for u & ur baby well being. but wat is the fluid found? No spotting rite? Thot as long as no spotting should b quite safe? I m not sure as this is my 1st preg. When is ur edd?

hello aurora, for me i usually do not annouce my pregnancy until im 12 weeks. but bcos im quite slim,my tummy always buldge by week 6 - not bcos of the baby, but bcos of indigestion and severe constipation. so my colleagues could guess.

hello ratatouille, thanks for praying for me. fluid is found near the womb lining. no spotting. thank god. tat is what my gynae asked me to watch out for. my edd is Aug 5th. but now im really looking forward to week 13. this is my 2nd pregnancy. my first i didnt have the fluid problem, but other problems. i was hospitalised for hives in the first trimester for my first pregnancy. i guess everybody will have a trying first trimester..my MS is also getting bad. i feel like throwing up everything i put in my mouth

aurora, don't think I'm telling many people until week 12 too. Think I'll announce my pregnancy in feb. I've known of many mummies personally who lost before the 12 weeks. So afraid I'm going to be one of them.

Meanwhile, I am also afraid of losing the baby. I'm 35 so afraid of losing the baby. And also afraid of ectopic pregnancy (paranoid I know) so really can't wait for next week's visit to confirm everything is good.

cutie, everything will b fine
happy.gif
btw wat is hives?

hello karen, ya, i also very afraid of loosing baby. worst still, my gynae said i got chance of miscarriage bcos of the fluid he sighted. i've tried very long for my 2nd baby. dont worry abt ectopic pregnancy. ectopic pregnancies are very painful. i've got a church friend whom had ectopic pregnancy before. you will not discover it so late. im now praying for week 12 to come, yes, it'd be around CNY. i pray for all of you too.

cutie - yr constipation - is it due to iron pills?

karen - dont be worried.. it wont add another day to your life! keep a positive mind, and think of things that a beautiful and peaceful... Look at nice baby pictures and think of how u going to decorate baby's room. FOcus on the positve. I had my 1st girl when I was past 36.. I thoroughly enjoyed the 9 mths! It was fuss free journey n i loved how my tummy grew bigger each day.... I prayed for my bb daily n asked God for an easy child. She turned out to be really easy to handle.. ! If you have worries, throw them out here in the forum ...

hello aurora, for my family members - they know. cause my granny stays with me. she needs to know so that she can prepare the right food for me. and once she knows, the whole family clan knows. but at least my family can also pray for me. for my colleagues and friends, i dont say. but for Boss, i tell her. otherwise, how to explain that i need to take mc for 1 week.

hello rataouille, hives is itchy patches on your skin. whole skin can look like world map type. damn ugly and very very itchy. its an allergy. i recalled i was sick that time and week 9 pregnant for my boy. i took panadol, had yam and bird nest. and later developed hives. it was really bad. i went to hospital A&E. my gynae admitted me straight away. gave me 2 steroid injections. he said he've seen people die from hives before. but he assured me hives wouldnt affect baby. so throughout pregnancy, i was worried abt the side effect of the steriod injections.

rata - hives are what they call HONG MOH in hokkian.. your body breaks out into itchy rashes. I had it too - i think was 3rd trimester..

abt preg announcement - i have informed family already but not colleagues... the worst part is that I've just taken a new job! less than 2 weeks... Hope my boss will be ok with it.

hello pammie, i admire your optimism. i cant help but worry and my hubby always reminds me to stay positive.
no, i dont know why i get constipated. it is very bad. even though i eat apples and drink lots of water everyday. i have not ate iron pills yet. my gyane only gives health supplements after week 12.

hellp pammie, yes, it is common to have hives in 3rd trimester. unusual for first trimester but its a terrible thing to have. very very itchy. my boy is 18 months. i like the 2-year gap idea, so was trying very hard and overjoyed when i found out i was expecting 3 weeks ago. but depressed when my gynae told me high chance of miscarrying. sigh.

mini - i average built. not fat not slim type. but i really eating like a lion.

pammie - haiyo. dunno who is better here. eat n eat n eat n eat non stop or no appetite to eat. haiyo what's wrong with all our hormones. i wish i could give u half of my appetite.

i also won't tell others i'm preggy until after 12th week. maybe because i feel that there's not much excitment anyway as there are already so many nieces and nephews. preggy is like only between me and hubby and we're both aware and happy can already. those pple who truly celebrate and rejoice in my gd news had already done so somewhere in this forum. to me, that's enough already.
happy.gif

cutie
Oh based on my own calculation, we have the same EDD!!

Thanks for praying for us. Yah, I'll have you all in my thoughts as well. So you will visit your gynae again on the 8th week?

to tell u honestly i'm not a v optimistic person by nature but pregnancy somehow changed it... I think it's also my faith in God. I was just v peaceful and happy everyday ... The wt gain didn't bother me nor did the MS.. I developed High BP at the end becos I couldn't sleep n it was bad but i was still happy.. Eventually it passed on to my baby.. she was soooooo easy .. just drink n sleep. I had a confinement lady n looking at her, I felt alot of peace that my girl was in her hands.. that was how it was for me..

2 yr gap is good... Mine w be a 3 yr gap.
happy.gif

hello hug me, so lucky that you eat everything. i feel nauseous at the sight of food. but i know that i cant let the growing little one go hungry. so i still continue to eat. sigh.

let me tell u some positive stories... I didn't not have house help when bb was born. My 1st bb was conceived during honeymoon so neither did we enjoy a long 2 ppl world before she entered. my house then was small 700 sf., no place for stroller n cot.. eventually i rented a house twice the size n moved out when i was 2 weeks from delivery! haha... then one day as I was sitting down in front of tv, contractions came.. taht was my story then. Oh ya, when I was 5 mths pregnant, i stpped on oil sleak at the carpark n fell. I didnt know what to do except pray for the safety of my bb. Then when I saw the gynae 2 weeks later, she chided me for not seeing her immediately aft the fall. Tat day during the u/s scan, my bb waved 3 x at us .. It was a defining moment for both me n hubb....

cutie - dont worry if cannot eat. dont force otherwise will all come out. bb knows how to get the nutritients it needs... from our kidneys, liver etc... they will grow. It is amazing... This is God's creation.

hello karen, ah, so concidental. so we have the same LMP date. yes, im seeing my gynae during week 8, ie during christmas eve. i pray that my baby will be fine till then.

hello pammie, my boy was also easy. he is now very very cute, but cant speak yet.

hi mummies.. had a good lunch?

decided to get fruits as extra snacks today as I feel I'm really starting to look like I'm putting on weight..

think all of us are anxious to breeze through our first trimester.. for me... won't be seeing my gynae till week 10 coz she's off for her vacation liao... hope these weeks go well for all of us...

hello do1nk, i didnt eat much, not much appetite. ya, dying for 1st trimester to pass. seeing my gynae during my 8th week on x'mas eve.

do1nk, ya lor cant wait for 1st tri to b over. Todae will b the last day of my 6 weeks fr tomolo onwards i will b 7 weeks liao
happy.gif

wah finally. ate bee hoon, one appe, one chicken chop + extra rice + chocolate bar. finally got this feeling of being filled. Phew. it's a good feeling. but i wish this feeling can last me till dinner time. really dun understand why something so small can eat so much. gosh i think i am like the opp of most mtb here.

hi 3D - if u have no appetite, maybe u can drink milk? what about yummy fresh fruit juice?

Rat - hi Rat, i eat a lot i also poo alot. it's like totally opposite. last time i ate v little and got constipation n i dun go toilet in the morning till late afternoon or even evening. now is like, wah eat n pee n poo.

now i tel hubby to save $$ for me to lose weight later. at the rate i eat, i sure be a fatty in no time. but i m seriously hungry. i tried to ignore once but i got v v bad gastric which is worst.

Hug,
you really have good appetite. Me just couldnt think of anything to eat except durian... haha. crave for durian for both my pregancy.
I dun know about milk this time round, the last pegnancy, i will have loose stool if i consume milk.

cutie - hi cutie, if u can't eat, maybe you can get vitamins rec'd by your gynae? at least you know u will be taking in 'good' things. or look for something light and really pack with nutrient? like milk?

for me i eat n eat i only eat to curb my hunger and may not get the appropriate nutrient. actually i eat until i get v tired not that i enjoyed my food, i just need to curb that hunger. And i never like to eat. i used to eat minimal only for survival last time. now is like... ... ... ...

3D - you know, when pple say good appetite - it means like wah eat a lot and enjoy the food. but i duno what to eat just need to eat because i m really super hungry. i feel a little like my dog now. lol. eat anything n pee n poo alot. lol.

wow, i can't keep up already - this thread is so active!

how will u break the news to family mbrs? haven't thought abt it yet, but i guess me and hubby will announce only after CNY. maybe with a scan of the baby? haha!

hahaha hug_me what dog do you have?

i finished my fruits n it's onli 3... how to last til dinnertime..

like you, think I'm starting to get a bit tired of eating...but can't seem to help but eat coz always having this hungry/gastricky feeling in me..

krex78, so no one but your hubby & u know yet? for us, my hubby juz couldn't wait to tell...so we told our parents the day I tested positive (when I was a few days late)

Actually, I have not told my IL too. coz stress mayb tell them after next week appt ba. Onli told my parents & my close frenz

hi krex78 - that's how my sil break the news. she show the bb scan photo then we know already.
happy.gif

do1nk - wah! now is your turn. hohoho... at last i feel comforted. my doggie is a 6 yo silky. He super good at eat n pee n poo. now i think i supercede him already. lol.

Hi Cutie,
You rest well and hope everything is well for you. Take care.

Hi Mini,
Haha, how come you know me, I dun rbr leh, you changed nick b4? So coincidental, our kids almost same period againYap, we always want only 1 kid but recently my gal has been bugging us for a bb so after much consideration, we decided to give her 1 but sure the last liaono energy to handle man

Hi Pammie,
Your gal is Terrible 2 stage? To be frank, my gal has always been quite easy to manage maybe because we are rather strict with her?!

oh...wouldn't your other halves wanna tell their parents? find it a bit hard to hold back sometimes.. but must wait longer before letting more people know..

awful feeling coming back.. opened a pack of sour apple gummies but...disappointing...not sour at all..

I actually made some ginger/longan/red dates drink to see if it helps.. onli helped expel wind in my tummy but in fact I think the ginger makes my gastric feeling worse..

head's starting to hurt too..

wish I was at home in bed right now..

Hee hee. Are we all analysing appetites?

Let me see. For me, I get hungry easily but I don't find the food very enjoyable. Everything is not yummy to me. (and I was a greedy pre-pregnant mummy, ok!) As I mentioned earlier, I have this constant tummyache but every time go toilet, don't seem to get rid of everything.

do1nk
I've told my family because my DH wanted to seek advice from my mum. As his side and everyone else, he wanted to wait for one more month. His mum's the bochup kind (so I can't rely on her to babysit for me next time too).

Also, I have three dogs and DH doesn't want people, esp. his mum to nag us to get rid of the dogs.

wah... looks like some of us are doggie lovers too here.. ya... i've beeen telling my 4 year old boi dat he's gonna be a big brother soon... hehehe

do u think parents and in laws will mind if we tell them so late? i scared they will feel offended that friends get to know first (or that they get to know same time as friends).

i guess it depends on what your parents or inlaws are like.. but i feel that it's no harm letting them know coz they should be the closest to you.. n can cook the appropriate food or look out for you..

So hug_me, how are you going to prepare your dog for the bb?

We want our child to raise up in a dogs family also so that s/he grows up to be more loving, responsible and most importantly, respectful of animals. hee.

For me no pets at home. coz I very lazy to do hse keeping so better not ve pet to add on. though i like dogs too
happy.gif

Anyone staying in the west?

Karen - here? maybe u want read my post here?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/578191/1033741.html?1197407441

in addition, when your tummy is a little bigger u can get your baby used to your doggie barking (play type of doggies barking - record yourself or otherwise / get your doggie to bark near your tummy) so that when he/she is born the baby will not be frighten by the doggies bark anymore and you will not be so stress also. my friend's baby slept all thruher doggie barking.
happy.gif

don't forget to do your part as doggies owner and a mtb.
happy.gif
cheers!

hi all, hope you guys had good dinner. i felt better after 7pm, and had dinner and just ate supper. now feeling much better. i think babies can co-exist with dogs. my mom has a dog, and my 18-month toddler does not seem afraid of him.

Rat
I'm in the West!! In Bukit Batok
happy.gif
happy.gif

hug_me
LOL! No problem. I have one who is rather barky. Hee, bb will have lots of chance to hear the barking.

Back