(2008/08) Aug 2008

yln
bo bian de rite?
go out w/o ur kid, u will miss them de.
ended up also cannot enjoy...hee hee... =P

jen
its ok lah, thx.
dun need to purposely go and find lah, cos think the promo is till 6th oct nia so also must find a way to go collect those empty tins...ha ha...

jen & krex
my #1 also sleep very late de, cos she is colicky during infant time so no way to force her to sleep.
agree with krex that as long as they have approx 9hrs sleep...also dunno how to force them to goto sleep leh, can force de meh? -_-"

snow
ya lor..i will feel uneasy..tho with kaer very mah fan..cuz she will run here and there...mess about..but i realised i cannot go out without her lor!..hahaha..

Good Morning Mommies!
happy.gif

Regarding DVD or IT pdts exposure to the young kids, I think there is no right/wrong to it...methods of parenting if it works for you, nobody can tell you it's wrong
happy.gif
If it makes life easier for you and the kid, why not? heehee

I do give my iphone to the gals to watch videos when outside but it must be after they have finished their meals and are waiting for us to finish ours.
happy.gif
Of coz I will rather #1 be reading a book hahaha But sometimes they will draw instead of asking for my phone...

Jen,
J in pm session next year?

Snow,
Ya, I will miss the gals when they aren't with me too! Now #1 goes IL pl to stay on Sat, I will feel that the hse is so quiet and Mae like so bored hahaha

2 Sats agao, #1 went IL pl and Mae goes wedding dinner w my family, hb and I went out to buy mooncakes and later movies but I see other kids, I felt so sian that my gals not with me =(

jen,
tell you something. my colleague's son slept in class on his first day of school in p1. he walk to the teacher and tell her, he is tired and time for nap. then he walk back to his seat and sleep for the rest of the lesson. cos its his first day, so teacher ask my colleague who was there how? want to wake him up? my colleague ask the teacher to excuse him since its the first day. after that, he manage to stay awake from day 2.

snow74 & yln,
yah. if they are not in school, i will miss them if i go out without them loh. hahah...

m2b,

J is pretty smart when it comes to tech gadgets. he knows he can bully my ILs so last time he used to ask them to show him video in hp during meal times. but with us, we don't allow. he can only view videos/ photos in hp after meals and in the car. lately he has been quite "kuai". ILs are able to feed him w/o much fuss. at most they will complement his food with tomatoes (which he seems to love). so he'll eat his pasta meal with fresh tomatoes on top. other fav foods like wolfberry, raisins and cranberries also work, but we usually try to limit them to snack time and not eat with food.

M2B, yah lor... the school not yet single session until few years later... i'm still thinking if i should transfer her to a single session school... if got chance, i will consider... else my 2 kids forever "dun meet"... hahaha...

celyn, WIN LEOW! hahaha...

Celyn,
Your coll's son is so cute! If I'm the teacher, I sure laugh
happy.gif

Jen,
OIC...the 2 schools that I shortlisted for Raine to go are all single sessions...actually that's 1 of the criteria that I'm looking for too... =)

Krex,
I think most kids will bully their grandparents coz they will sure give in
happy.gif

Snow, YLN, MTB,
I go out quite often oso ... like one nite Pak Tor with hubby, another nite to do some exercise .... i feel bad about not able to be home to read for the kids but what to do? Hubby wants to go out - without kids.

He says I spend too much time with them ... but personally i feel it's not enough.

So i dun think i can go on long trips without them ba. if the place super interesting then maybe ok ... haha.

M2B,
I thought most schools single session liao ... not yet ah?

DVD/iphone/itouch/ipad ... agree, no rite or wrong. For me, i more kia si ... cos i know my #1 sure come to bug me and he's vv persistent ... i sure end up giving in. So i better delay giving such toys to them as long as possible. But i do know the day will come ... hopefully by then he can be more sensible n dun get too attracted to it.

I guess some parents are more firm and can handle the kid when it comes to the crunch. Parents would have to guage and control themselves.

morning mummies. =)

shint
understand ur situation, cos 1 of my gal friend also need to cheong pub with the hb at nite after make the kiddos go to bed...i mean, both of u have a hb that prefer to have couple life over family lifestyle. =)

Good Morning!

Shint,
It's ok to have couple time w hb once a week I feel
happy.gif
For me and hb, it's once in a blue moon when both gals are t-loan out on Sat nites...but I will be the 1 missing both of them as I miss their smells...hahaha

Jen & Shint,
No, not all schools are single session yet...maybe a few years more...I enquired from the student care that #1 will be gg to...they do have afternoon nap of 1 hr before doing homework.

Shint, how come ur boys didn't wear party clothes today?

Snow, wah... ur friend hot... can leave kids to sleep by themselves meh? Got maid is it?

M2B, couple time for me is rare... cos hb works 6-day week... Sun he is so tired he rather zzz than go anywhere... at most go supermarket nia... hiaz... what a way to pak tor...

leaving kids home. i cant do it leh. coz sometimes hb bring her to buy dinner, can hear her cry very loud in the lift n out of the lift n cry til the whole block can hear.......only stop when she came back n then hold onto me so that I wont mia... faintz.

so whole family must go together, 一个也不能少。
hahahaha!!

celyn

think yu ze & BBM love supermarket. hahaha!!
BBM will pull/carry it.

That day, she was pointing to mickey mouse tissue boxes, so I told her to take one and go pay. she pull all the way to cashier. Hahahaha!!

happy.gif

YLN

it's good that kaer wont ask at home. BBM always at home, so exposure to TV is alot liao.

Once hb showed her dvd in car as we waiting for someone, next time she kept asking for it. so we told her don't have. only played it as audio cd without pulling the screen out.

if I bring the player... think I will hv a kid only watch player. No gd. Though she might be busy running ard to meet other kids too, not taking chances.

happy.gif

Sylvia,
Same as bernice, everyone must go together type.

Shint,
I think it's good that you have couple time. I don't have that luxury as no one will watch ber for me and she's like koala to me must see me one. So bo bian. Plus my hb time is opposite from mine.

Re: DVD player
I have that in the car cos it keeps Bernice occupied when I drive. We have that for quite awhile already cos initially when she was about 7 mths Bernice wouldn't stop crying in the carseat so that distracted her. But now when she is naughty I would tell her tat if she doesn't behave I will switch it off. I think now she already used to the carseat sometimes I don't even switch it on then we would talk about the things outside

Re: iPhone / iPad
I think most parents that have that would hV somehow given it at some point to their kids to play. I think they have some really good educational apps. Lately I let Bernice play those apps on the iPad too, plus the story books there are really good. Bernice loves the 3little pigs story. But we don't bring it out for meals to distract her. Meal times are for meals only. There are only certain exceptional cases whereby we know eg going buffet and the time would be long then we bring to let her play after she has finished eating.

sylvia,
yah. yu ze loves to stand in the trolley and put all the things inside or pass to cashier when we pay. the mickey mouse tissue, i buy 2 or 3 times liao. cos yu ze sees it and insist of buying. he will carry it all the way to cashier. the first time when we buy, he put all the boxes in his room and play stacking games. he will stack high high and push it to topple them and he will laugh out loud. as times goes, he can't stack high high liao cos we take box by box from him when we run out of tissue. hahah.....

cat,

can u share what apps are gd? so far, i've only dloaded ABC lite and time, but i think the latter is too cheem. the rest are also brainless games. ipod touch is too small to read, so i'm looking mainly at edu games for J.

computer:

any of your kids can use mouse or know how to operate computer already? i'm contemplating buying a-star edu CD rom to teach mandarin. anyone tried before and is it good?

Krex,
For iPad -fw deluxe (must pay), magnetic alphabet, 123writing, phonics free, story books by story chimes ( eg 3 little pigs, frog prince, little red riding hood, Jasper sc), draw free , etc

iPhone - fw deluxe, phonics free, funny flash, talking baby flashcards, vocal zoo, toddler teasers shapes, kids songs lite

cat,

tks, will go take a look. mine is ipod touch so may not have all. and the stupid ABC lite is only until "I"...must pay to get the rest!

hi mommies..

Ya there's no right or wrong in watching tv/dvd for kids.. Like my neighbour's son, the only way to sit him down is while watching TV n eating at the same time. Braiden is not a TV addict although at home the TV is always on.. but its not a must.. He prefers to go out. haha..

YZ n BBM so guai..!! Braiden will wan to PUSH the trolley instead..

Morning mummies!

Silly me din read the skool memo properly. Saw that we needed to bring pastries/ cakes but din see tt they are to be dressed in party clothes... Poor Anvelle is the only one wearing skool U today. I feel so bad. Her little boyfren was pointing at his clothes and hers and said "Why?" Haiz stupid Mummy =(

re: iPhone for Kids
My frens always laugh at me saying tt they can't find any decent adult games in my iPhone. It is filled with Anvelle's kiddo games.

Krex,
U can try TozzleLite, FW Sampler, Baby Piano, Peekaboo, Garden Party, Doodle Kids.... Juz search Toddler and a long list will surface.

Cat,
U r back from Hkg? Hw was it? We have DVD in the car with a screen specially for Anvelle in the car. We used to hv to switch it on each time we fetch her in it. But not anymore. She prefers to look outside and talk or sing along to the CDs.

Snow,
I have a Mamil Gold 1.6kg tin and 800g tin. You want? I will be in town tml and Sat.

Sylvia,
Hw's bbM doing? Miss her so much...

Celyn

Same. BBM also loves to push trolley and her own pram. dunna ppl to help.

But she will also come back to help carry if I am to carry it outstaircases.
happy.gif

For BBM, she will point only at the tissue box. only when I say go n take, she will go n take and pull along. Hahaha!

gd idea to use to stack ah?
hahaha!!

nana

she's growing alot. enjoy her arts class
happy.gif

& dunna to take off the tee. I hv to hide it if nt,everyday wanna wear.

btw........... in hkg, cha chang ting usually cost ard hkd 20-30 since a decade ago. cheap is cheap loh. but nt so liao since 2005 pah.

Morning celyn and rata..hee hee..lets see how many persons the last person who log in today need to greet. :p

Nana
Thx, i've stock up friso till no place to store liao.

snow74,
hahahah..... just that bit only, no space liao. last time, when mamil have the same promo i also stock up. i have 14 tins at 1 go leh. hahahah... then when they got buy 2 get 1 free, i also stock up 18 tins leh. kiasu hoh.

going to let yu ze try friso tomorrow. if ok, i also want to stock up friso.

celyn
hee hee...actually cos i already have some stock at home liao, add those i bought that day can tahan till next yr...think so.
and also, i scared difficult to collect those tins will trouble ppl. =(
hb dun drive leh..

snow, same here. i stock 12tins of 900g of gain iq now still ve 10tins then recently CS promo I stock up another 5 tins of 1.8kg enough to last till Jac turn 3 liao then will be gain kid. hahahaha

rata
actually also cos my sis "lectured" me for stocking up so much, she has concern over the real expiry/freshness date lor. =(

krex78,
yu ze can easily drink about 600ml a day. if drink fresh milk, it might cost more than FM. on top of his FM, he also drink fresh milk leh. either he sees me drink, he also want or when he saw it in the fridge, he will ask for it too.

snow74,
hahah.... having more than 1 year expiry, i think its quite ok loh. usually it will be gone 1 year ahead of the expiry loh.

krex & celyn
ya, both my gals take fresh milk more like tibits.
can drink alot, many times a day.
but i believe fm should have more "age appropriate" nutrients? =P

celyn
my sis's concern is our way of storing, what we have now is sufficient till zynn 3yo liao...ha ha...

oh ya, we not having x'mas bash this yr liao ah? >D

snow74,
yah yah. drink fresh milk like any other drink and not 'real' milk.

no xmas party?
sad.gif

want leh but hoh can avoid the period that i'm not in (2-14 dec), so i can come?

celyn
i dunno leh, just asking.
if want 18, 19, 25, 26 either 1 day, we gotta fast hand fast leg find place to book liao...hee hee...i only remember last discussion is some of them prefer outdoor. =)
i'm fine with any type of celebration, as long as can have proper contigency plan incase of rain can liao. =P

celyn/ snow,

wah, seeing how much milk your kids drink, i think J would be calcium deficient. he stopped drinking milk already and will only drink yoghurt drink in a cup each morning. chocolate milk works ok also, but he doesn't seem to like the original taste of milk. he must be the only kid who doesn't like milk.

snow74,
i'm fine with any type also. i think indoor better bah, don't have to make contigency plans for rain. hahah... lazy mummy.

krex78,
as long as he is feeding well, should be ok bah. all along yu ze likes his milk, 600ml is his min loh.

Back