(2008/07) July 2008

Batgirl, remember the good side effects of this? Can grow thinner! hahahaha *opps*

But if its food allergy at least u know the cause of it and hence there is a cure! Better than coughing away away away =)

Youpi it is really very scary! Will definitely be 100% more alert in future man!

Cellow hope u are feeling better!

SY how can u tahan sleeping with JX -- same question to Youpi! I am letting mini xun sleep in the middle of me and hub and we hardly have any space to move or breathe. This small little person is taking up 80% of the bed -_-"" trying to shift her back to her own but still failing. Will try and try and try! *yawnz and thats why I haven had good night sleeps for a long long time!*

Oh no batgirl, poor you! I hope they manage to find out what it is you're allergic to

Cellow
I totally understand. My MIL is nice and would be happy to poppysit anytime. But we're only this close and friendly because we live in totally different time zones

dustee
i was initially thinking of gonig for the disney music festival but not cheap!!

so scary...but i do see parents leaving their kids at the pool alone even when they are quite young. even jh asked me why the gal is alone at the pool and where did her mama go

batgirl
if your cough is persistent it is likely to be an allergy and prob due to your nose. and the back drip will cause your cough. my kids get this all the time! are u on the puff? i think it will help.

re lunch on tue
can we do vivo? but it will be a chop chop lunch for me.
happy.gif

smiggle
are u better? hope u get well soon!

cellow
it's really trying to find a balance when the grandparents are here. while i appreciate the help and love but must really draw some lines when it comes to issue like discipline! my mum likes to feed JH(5 years old liao and still feed) and i really try my best to discourage that....

jacelyn
dun have a choice. she just comes over and plop herself on my bed, pillow etc and falls right asleep.....i think i will move over to their bed tonight.

jace,
physically yes better. will be even better on sunday once they go :p

batgirl,
prick test yourself then.... to ascertain which food you are allergic to... for your own sake, i hope tis not eggs.
hey i survived one year already without eggs, without shellfish and without tree nuts (oh how i miss the creaminess of pine nuts in pesto). you will too.
but on food allergies for yourself... one of my frens was advised to cut out diary entirely and she did for one year. now if she even takes a leeetle bit of diary, she gets very phelgmy.... she blames the doctor for this hypersensitivity to diary now. after you hv identified the allergen AND recovered fm cough, try to introduce it back to your own diet in mini doses. listen to your body!

pb,
hi5 sista!

sy
i love the way you described JX's animal instincts!

ok to chopchop lunch on tues at vivo but i will be in poppy's school till 1130 for lantern fest (this time i WILL remember to bring the lantern! remember racial harmony day when poppy was one of the few kids without a costume...). so earliest i can make it is about 12.15 ok? just sms to tell me where you'll be.

cellow
you want your ring cushion back then?

pb, sy,
ok!

sy,
you have more iherb mail
happy.gif

vivo lunch 13 Sep noon
Nyonya and Baba #01-54/56 tel: 6376 9138
i havent been there before... most of the perankan food that i hv eaten before is good (budden the katong area has spoilt my taste buds
happy.gif
)

Thanks gals....yea, I hope my cough will get better with this abstinance... and Jacelyn, YES!! I am secretly hoping i will lose weight! :D

Cellow, doctor say prick test may not be conclusive, so he suggests that I avoid these foods totally and after I get cured then I slowly introduce them back 1 at a time.

hiaz.... this cough ah....

if lunch is at vivo.. will give it a skip coz i probably can only dash out for lunch within 100m from my office haha but you girls have fun.. no idea where my iherb pasta is now haha...

aww pat pat batgirl..could also be wheat (doctor told me my sensitive nose could be an allergy to it but i never could abstain from food so never did find out... better to find out and have a coughless time, then slowly introduce it again like the rest say... hang in there!

smiggle u ok? so skinny liao... still kena food poisoning.. poor u...

DD
your iherb pasta is with bbp.
happy.gif
maybe easier for u to meet her. unless my lunch day is my work from home day...which prob will have a few days in oct!! boss going to US...haha.

cellow
okie! wow u r bringing me to new places for lunch....

PB
yes she super instinct one. think she differentiates us by smell at night when her eyes are closed and yet she knows when papa gets near her.

Cellow
Ooooo I am always on for peranakan food but that one unfortunately has had really bad reviews. Sidetrack-which are the good ones in katong? I've not been in such a long time and katong has changed so much

How about soup rest? I'll never say no to a nourishing bowl of soup!

Disney's music festival
I don't know how accurate but a friend who attended with her 2.5 year old said it was a waste of time and money

Tue vivo lunch:
Me!

Sy,
I will bring your shampoo! Can bring my multi vits? I haven't paid you yet right? Anyway to add 2 kids Sambuccus to my loot? No worries if cannot.

Dd,
Ya your pasta is with me! Anytime you wanna call for a RP lunch, just let me know.

My Computer is down
sad.gif
typing on the iPhone is so torturous.

chop chop vivo lunch on tuesday - yay, i can join
happy.gif

SY - me me, will send you iherb email later

smiggle - hope u r all better!

DD - safe safe travels

mickey music festival
pb! hmm your friend's review worries me, considering mr dustee paid $300 for our tickets. but, even if mickey mouse as much as comes out for 5 secs and waves, pomfret will be overcome with joy.

these shows targeted at kids are horrendously expensive.

bbp
thanks for the sesame st link!

tues lunch
i'll be there! with pomfret in tow. excuse us if pomfret gives you the withering look. i've been looking at lots of misbehaving kiddos witheringly and i fear she's picked it up from me. i believe she thinks we adults are misbehaving too.

bbp
i also saw the same sesame street offer..wondering whether is it good...

so tue lunch will be

PB
Cellow
BBP
dustee
Cin

correct?

and loot for cellow, PB, Bbp.

PB - 22.27
Cellow - 54.34
bbp - 47.83

PB
i also got the free entry thing to sentosa and zoo. sure it will be super crowded!

Litany of my IL's transgressions

1. FIL fed C2 with a biscuit containing egg this morning. yes i know the ingredient list is printed in super small font. yes i know your eyes are not v good. but common sense will tell you most baked goods contain eggs. then when i stopped him, he said nvm la, litte bit only. later i found the box w ingredients listed and one of them is EGG protein.
no wonder C2 was scratching here and there while maid put him down for aftn nap.... itchy skin and teething some more. poor baby. whose fault? FIL.

2. food. thaw, refreeze raw food. eat processed food like sausages, ham and fishcake, fishball. cook in small qtys, leave the reminder for fridge angels to eat ah.... me the fridge angel just threw out expired sour fishcakes. and found bowls of raw pork/potatoes (blackened) from wed night dinner. and raw turnip from god knows when... maybe last sun.
did anyone teach them abt food hygiene? disgusting sia... esp the thaw, refreeze, thaw, chop off a bit to cook, and grow roots in my chiller.
both MIL and FIL contribute to my fridge messiness.

FED UP

i m so glad they are going home tmr. i want my house and fridge back.

Mummies
Is it just me or is $70 a lot to ask for, for a preschooler's end of year concert? What on earth do they need $70 costumes for?

Oh wait let me clarify. That's not the price of the ticket for parents to attend. Tickets will be charged separately. That's just the $ we have to pay if we want poppy to participate in it

Um it's.... Ridiculous?

Cellow
Hmm I think older folks have different level of tolerance re food and cleanliness. They prob subscribe to theory of "lasap jiak lasap dua"?

Whoa! Bbg's was $30, tix are $10 and there was some $30 for class Photo (which I said no to) but decided to pay for concert and tix since it's his first school... So yes..rather expensive huh..

tess class photo also $30+ which i think was expensive but since its class photo so got to say yes to it.

cellow
my mum also like that,frozen food,thaw(soak in water),cut ,refreeze and the cycle goes on till food is finish.
cant stand it,told her many times but she never change.....

tue lunch
it being so long since i join u gals.can i join in?

kopi cellow
my mil also has this thing about thawing, freezing, thawing, freezing and on and on. so very often the food has to be thawed and checked for level of edibility/survivor chances after eating it before we can serve it.

it harkens back to those days when they didn't have enough to eat growing up. something we can't expect them to change. and they also won't understand why i won't feed pomfret a fortnight-old donut for eg.

PB, indeed! I think it is expensive too! Wuffy's one is ard $30 +. And i dun think we need to pay for any entrance tickets... hmmmmm...

pb,
i cannot rem the exact figure that C1's sch wanted me to pay for costumes but tis around that region of $50+ too. i din pay... so C1 just took part in the free segment...
happy.gif
so kiap siap la, me
yes it is ridiculous. but when you add up the cost of materials and labour (tailors) to sew them... then suddenly you realise why tis $70.

phyphy,
nice to know the ILs are not the only ones.

and yes dustee.... i understand better. surely food hygience trumps frugality in this case? the doc's bills plus ruining own health, how to place a cost?

i m super duper happy to have my own home back
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

cellow
oh i can't stand the thaw and refreeze thing. it's a big no no to me too! i always instruct maids not to do that. but i realise most older folks think it's ok.

PB
yes it is expensie nowadays. and ticekts are expensive too! i remember i had to pay like $20 per ticket for the concert, $28 for the DVD concert and lucky costumes were not too ex. but i had to get the nec clothes for them like white t-shirts and jeans shorts etc. but in general it's ex!

phyphy
yes come come!! miss u too! haven't seen u for so long esp since i moved away from the east...

so tmr lunch confirmed at Romulus Vivo. i got it correct?

we meet ard 12.15?

Pb: concert is not in school premise? It must be a big scale concert.

Lunch: Aiya, would love to join but I can't. Am bringing Bb g for free trial class.

thank you SY. you are a great help in iherb la... i went to NTUC just now and couldnt bring myself to buy HT vanilla cookies at SGD 5.95

of course! you are welcome for lunch phyphy
happy.gif
that last time i saw you was.... so long ago... in the japanese place and tess was still latching in your sling

tomorrow's lunch set for 12noon Romulus #01-52 Vivocity

SY
PB
Cellow
BBP
dustee
Cin
phyphy

first one there, pls chope a table for 9! presume bbp is bringing Declan.... i havent decided whether to bring C2 and maid... have to look after them myself these 2 days while wfh bcz aunt's maid is not yet back fm home leave, and the ILs went back ystday to celebrate FIL's dad 91st bday.

side note. my fridge looks so uncluttered without small bowls of this and that!!!! YAY

cellow
u r so cute...u sound really happy to have your fridge back!!

so it will be 7 adults + 2 kids (declan and promfret right?)

hee nice big party...bring C2 along!
happy.gif

hee, yah man. nowadays when i see something that i buy much cheaper from iherb, i feel so satisfied...
happy.gif

Cellow the fridge angel
Congrats on getting your territory back
happy.gif

Sy
Yes, thanks for always organising iherb buys! Huggie huggie

Oh mummies
If anyone is using huggies, can keep those little stamps for me please?

Phyphy
Looking forward to seeing u again!

Jo
Nope not on sch premise. But not at an "expensive/atas" place either. Last year was nice and cosy in school and FREE. They wore their own clothes, the teachers tied/styled the kids' hair and applied make up on them. Simple. Perfect. But this year they wanna go big scale I guess.

I found out that half her class is also not attending. My concern was: what about those who are not involved in concert. What do they do when the concert kids are practicing? Teacher said there'll still be teachers conducting classes. I said we prob will be travelling so not attending. Rather than "I think $70 is downright ridiculous! My own costume for costume parties also not so expensive! And I had wig some more! Siao ah?"

My mind was transported to tiger mum's words "my daughters have never participated in a school concert".

PB
so they get to decide whether they will be performing or not? i tot usually it will be compulsory. last sat jh's sch was invited to perform at one of those mid autumn festivity and the teachers din really ask whether we can make it or not. it seems like they assumed everyone would be participating. but the good thing was that they dun try to make them don fancy costumes so at least no cost on our part except the tickets which cost $4 a piece.

oh sy... whether i am able to bring C2 along tmr depends on his morning naptime... he woke up only at 1215pm today despite being put to sleep at 10am. he def sleeps better with C1 in full day school. let's see what happens tmr
happy.gif

aiya Jo, i miss you again!

singlehandedly flooding the forum thread by myself
happy.gif

haze
have sealed the living room and bedrooms, switched on the air conditioning, and using delphine to purify the air.

oh my, the amount of dust in the delphine water container after running it for 10mins in a room... is simply amazing.

C1 is already coughing. remnants of last week's cough. silly haze. shoo.

cellow
still in time, i haven't click the order button yet cos i m still browsing for intersting stuff haha.

yup i saw the blender bottle before but never tried. but i think there are some ppl in my office who uses them.

yes the haze is definitely putting me on alarm mode. jh used to cough when there's haze. hoping jx won't be like that but i half suspect so.

hmmm sy,
how much is the extra shipping to buy the blender bottle.... bcz tis quite a bulky item....

C1 is def coughing much more this morning and ystday. sigh.

Sigh. Haze. Sian. At first I thought "wow are my glasses that badly scratched?".

Poppy and I have had little coughing bouts. shoo haze shoo.

Dustee
How was mickey mouse concert? Did pomfret enjoy?

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! Wow such a big group!

cellow
the increase in shipping is not that much. cos what is impt is the shipping weight. it is 0.73lbs. about the same as a box of biscuits!
happy.gif

let me know if item is confirmed.

re haze
it looks really bad. when i look out from the office window it looks like it is going to rain...but it's actually just haze!

Wonder y now we are absorbing these costs in sch. Another memo from sch , informing that sch is going to celebrate children day n each kid got to pay $12 .

Wonder wat goodies will Tess bring back from sch.

Coffee Cel: ya, miss again! Will try to make it next time.
happy.gif
your new nick makes me want to drink coffee- mocha!
happy.gif

Pb: the show will still go on if more than half are not participating? I'm just wondering if n1 concert is already $70, graduating year will be how much. I would think its ok to skip if you are traveling.

Maid is putting C2 to sleep now. Hopefully he will wake up by 11am, latest 1130am.
With the haze, I m def taking a taxi to Vivo later....

phyphy,
yes sometimes i wonder.... how come need to pay all these fees when i already pay school fees? plus C1 usu has nothing that he will bring home to show me.... is it just me wondering.

woah ho, lunch is turning out to b a big group. bluey, wrest the car fm HB if need be... you need help? hehe.

ding .. time out!
bluey lost to hubby
sad.gif

Difficult to go w/o car as I have a meeting right after lunch.

Will lurk around here till the next lunchie opportunity.

Enjoy!

Back