(2008/07) July 2008

Cellow, I chose the obvious one!
happy.gif

hi momzies.. how's your monday so far?

me drowning at work but then again.. work is endless huh?

I join mich in kok-ing cellow's head.. you are already almost on part time mode so should treasure that.. unless u feel u still do not have enough time with the kiddos.. i hear many people who switch to part time or 3/4 but end up with same amount of work, but just the pay and benefits being halved or 3/4-ed...

got enough annual leave to work a 4 day week too.. so will use that to console myself and cherish the time I have with bbG too..

playgroup teachers: do not expect them to sing like julie andrews or speak the queen's english.. but hmm.. think I'll take a chill pill for now.. til i next can't tahan again haha.. after all, he finally stopped crying too!

wah mich start so soon?? didn't you just decide?i would have picked the former.. wonder if u did too..all the best on the first day!

preschool at upper thomson.. how about the one that doggiebb & youpi's kiddos are going to now? marymount?

guess what... got some hand-me-down underwear for gordon and decided to put it on him.. and voila! no pee in undies at all but of course there was the I WANNA GO PEE every 5 minutes! (almost, initially!) so proud of my little kiddo! was bracing myself for another battle (i've stil not weaned him off the milk bottle!) but hey...

Zombie mummy checking in
We're trying to get Poppy to sleep on her own but she has different ideas. Last night she tried all kinds of tactics - crying, blackmail, requests for milk/water/blanket/lights... Finally fell asleep at 1140pm!!! o_O

Then woke up many times in the night saying "I want mummy". Oh my heart. Finally had to bring her in bed with us (super duper going gostan on the sleep training!!) cos she wet her bed.

Thankfully BB and I are in this together. Not like the last time when he left me to be the bad guy then totally spoiled my efforts by going in to lie with her. Sigh. Step by step, night by night!!

hi gals, didn't know so many kids here also still do not wan to be toilet ready. My gal sama, will just pee n poo everywhere if i let her diaperless. irony is she will tell us she had pooed if she wear her diaper.

n she also wear panty over diaper. her fav panty are Dora range.

Waiwai

I just brought Sebi to USS last week. There is no entry fee for him but he could only take 3 rides at most. The carousel from Madagascar, which Sebi loved and we lined up 4-5 times, the flying dinosaurs at Jurassic Park and there's this short car ride in the Mummies section. Other than that, there are the many photography sessions with Kungfu Panda, Woody Woodpecker and the animals from Madagascar. Do check out the timings as they are not always there. Besides that, walking around and just exploring was fun. We also watched the people who were taking the rollercoaster like Battlestar Galactica and screamed together with them
happy.gif
We went in the morning and left around 4pm when Sebi was too tired and needed his afternoon nap. If you are deciding to take a room, Festive Hotel is reasonably priced and their pull out sofa bed can fit 2 kids or 1 adult and 1 kid(or 2 adults if they don't move much). Remember to use the Hard Rocks pool as there is a man-made beach and waterplay area + slide suitable for our kids.

Cellow
Agree about the amount of work staying the same despite the reduction in hours, unless there are others to help you out with the workload or you need to be on standby.

Mich
Congrats on your decision and new job. How was your first day? I personally think you'll be glad with your decision. You're so very involved in Eboy and when he starts having to study and do homework, you'll be happy that you can spend that extra time coaching him too. All the best in the new environment. What is CH?

PB
*pat pat* This is new for Poppy, she needs time to adjust... jia you jia you! Sebi is also taking steps back cos now in Spore he can only sleep with Gong Gong or me next to him. He will NOT sleep alone
sad.gif

Toilet training
Sebi is far far away from it. He doesn't even tell us when he poos. We keep reminding him but it feels like we're talking to the wall. I just got him a potty ... let's see.

Nursery/Kindergarten
I'm still on the lookout. Any mummies here living in the east with recommendations? Thanks!

last night type a post and it din get posted.
sad.gif

PB
it's ok....kids go thru phases. when they are older u can kcik them out of your bed again. like now, when jh comes to my bed, i wake him up and say go back to your bed...haha...

Sparrows
u stayed over at USS? i was planning to go last fri but it rained. was going for the hollywood after hours.... but the rain changed our minds.

hmm, u want to try my boy's previous sch? i really liked it. it's called Great Beginnings. THey shifted to Joo Chiat. Only thing is it's not cheap. I paid abt 1500 per term of 10 weeks for 3 hours session.

Confinement lady
Hi mummies, my friend is looking for a confinement lady for July. Would any of you recommend yours? Thing is, the CL must speak English as my friend is a foreigner. PM me please? Thank you!

Cellow
Fret over already, thank you! I was really pissed off because the parent just shot without thinking and I was accused of something that I did not do/say. But everything's okay now
happy.gif

Mich
How was your first day at work? Was Eboy okay?

DD
Playgroup teacher singing like Julie Andrews would be great fun, lol!

PB
May you have more sleep tonight!

Sparrows
Brighton Montessori too.

Wow is poppy even sleeping without diapers now? *thumbs up*

AnyOne's kiddos attending any music classes now? Thinking of sending bbg so wanna compare reviews of seimPi/yamaha/seimpi through learning horizon/ other schools...

Taokay-neo pb how's biz so far?

Mich how was 1st day at work?

Crystal..think Doggiebb has something similar..how does it work actually?

I survived my first day!!! Bored to death, almost!!! After doing all the admin and it's only 940am and I had to sit around read doc, surf on my iPhone (and thick skin to borrow charger cos I firgot to bring) then finally lunch. Did shopping at city hall (=CH) during lunch and back to office only 1.30 nia. No computers, no notebook only docs on an empty table alllllll the way till 630!!! You all asleep yet?

Well, Zheng hu gang first day is like that one... I suppose I should treasure my honeymoon period. Ha ha.

CH lunch, one for one crepe at out of yhe pan, anyone??????

Pb, how we trained eboy was to start with his door open and we sit outside till he fell asleep, then slowly we move further and further away and he's willing to let us sit 'outside' his room (but we're already back in our room Hee Hee) everynight and will say goodnight tp us outside and go in the room himself (I.e. He leave us, not we leave him in the room), slowly slowly he will go tp bed on his own, within a week. Oh and yes, with doors open until fall asleep. T

Mich
We changed plan tonight. Milk, stories, singing then I said ok no more talking, it's sleeping time not talking time. I explained I wouldn't be lying down with her but would sit near till she fell asleep then I'll go out. She protested a little then fell asleep singing to herself. No crying at all. High five myself!

Tomorrow I'm planning to move my butt a foot closer to the door. And closer and closer till total success. :D

Yikes your first day sounded long! But most first days are like that la hor?

Youpi
Glad you managed to clear it up with the parent!

DD
No no! Where got sleeping without Diapers? What she said was just tactic of trying to get us to stay with her longer!

Biz is ok but can always be better :D you want to help me intro to friends? *flutter eyelashes*

DD
lil E is now attending the baby music classes at mandeville at united sq... just started on 12 Feb but i think all the classes are full oredi... quite fun as it's parent accompanied and the follow up class is called baby graduate where each kid get to have their own keyboard...

Yo, I forgot to share lobang yesterday. Lotto shoes are going cheap! Just an example below.
Anyone interested just PM me for an invite ok?
5167270.jpg

Anger mgt
C1 has been acting up ever since Sat. Only w us, the parents. Mr C lost his temper last night... I had to come out of the room unlatching C2 to calm the storm.
Later I wrote him a note that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results. And even I was scared when he raised his hand to C1 while I was carrying C1, let alone a small person. I held C1's hand, well basically I slept next to him until he went to sleep. Sing song, talk talk talk to the toys. Children forget so fast.... but this adult is still stewing at the other adult.

I was so mad that I stayed up till 1am to do work and din get to sleep until 2am.

Can you understand why I am so mad?
afterwards I felt like shaking Mr C, threatening to smack him and all, see how he likes that. but of course that scenario would only happen in my dreams!

sparrows,
C1 is at little school house at mountbatten. the teachers are very caring. language leaves a lot to be desired but hey like PB says, I cannot affort 3k for superb diction/grammar for the teachers. so be it then. chinese is taught by a PRC, so still ok.

Cellow,
*pat pat*
I'm guilty of Mr C's behaviour too. Sometimes I get so angry that I have to hit something else (eg. pillow, wall, etc) just so that I won't take it out on my boy. I'm not proud of my behaviour but if I can't admit to fellow mothers, who else can I admit it to right? It just gets me so mad when he doesn't listen to instructions that I know very well that he can follow. It was only after reading some articles on the strong-willed child that I sort of realised that my own obstinateness was probably encouraging/verifying his own. So now, I try to step back and pick my battles. I hope my efforts are obvious, but I think I better go get feedback from Mr bbp.

bbp,
i m guilty of Mr C's behaviour too.

overall i try to manage my own anger away from the boys' sight and hearing. yes i have ever punched a pillow, punching the wall hurts my fist big time (yes, i have tried that before too).

now i m even madder that i lost sleep over it and have a full day's of work ahead of me.

i feel a major bout of mad coming.
need to find smthing soft to punch. or just jump rope.

no i m not in office today, but at home, so i can decide how to act out.

Anyone using high-end hair products such as High Hair, Biotouch, Sebastian, and SP Care products? I got lobang - 40% off Retail SRP. I don't know how good the discount is cos I don't use. I haven't even heard of most of these products! But just sharing lobang la.

This is wat my cousin posted re his 3 1/2yo daughter in FB.

"Just found out that K is being bullied by this boy in school. Although he's only 5 years old, I want to break his neck."

parenthood brings out the protectiveness big time. even agst one's other half.

Cellow
Hehe I can understand your cousin's angst. Parenthood does bring out the primate in us.

Bbp
I totally understand. We all need an outlet for our anger. Remember I asked some time ago what everyone does to for a release? Cos sometimes I feel so ARGH that I need to punch a wall or scream into a pillow. Then I found that throwing bags of frozen peas on my kitchen floor worked perfectly hehe.

Youpi
If you ever go for Bernard's class, be prepared! My legs are like jelly now. But Fun la
happy.gif

Mummies
Anyone knows where to buy cheap squirt guns? Those small handheld "pistol" kind. No need those big big bazooka for swimming pool kind
happy.gif

bbp

Any good articles to share regarding 'strong-willed child'? I would like to look through them. Perhaps N1 is just being strong-willed in not eating...

cellow. Re: bullies
I think its natural protective instinct. There was once when my 7yo nephew was shoved roughly aside by a boy of his same age cos that boy wants to get into a tuition center. I immediately shouted at that boy, then quickly reminded my nephew to shout for attention if something like that happens. Turned out that boy father was nearby and he quickly apologized to us. Feels great :p

bbp - u are e lobang queen!
happy.gif

i also guilty of forever losing temper at my kids
sad.gif
with 2 so close in age and both rather hot tempered and diff to manage type i feel so frazzled daily!

cellow
yes indeed, while you are fuming away, mr C might already have forgotten. i've finally realized that if i keep fuming at mr dustee, i'm the one losing out, coz he's dropped the issue already.

stewing matters inside you is not gonna change matters either.

zen story about monks
2 zen monks were walking along. reached a river, and there was a lady who couldn't cross the river without getting wet. so the first monk carried the lady on her back and crossed the river. the second monk , shocked, followed behind.

along the way, the second monk kept debating the issue in his mind. finally, he couldn't take it anymore and he asked the first monk "wasn't it wrong for you to carry the lady just now? we're monks, we're not supposed to touch them"

to which the first monk, surprised, replied "i have put down the lady long ago. why are you still carrying her in your mind?"

ommmm.

sick pomfret
a boy coughed in her face in church, and now she's got a high fever. our kids are like petri dishes. the bacteria thrives.

different degrees of hypochondria
eh, this 2 yo , fell down a flight of about 5 steps in church. his lips were swollen, his nose was bleeding, cheeks were blue-black. if it were me, i would have left mass right away, hailed a cab and ride straight to an A&E.

but his parents? nope, didn't bat an eyelid. didn't bring him to see doc even though he wouldn't drink milk the next day.

and then i couldn't bear to keep asking about his condition anymore, coz i spend so much time worrying about that boy!

Dustee
Right you are. Usually while I'm still fuming and plotting my revenge, BB has already moved on and in his mind, we are friends again. Usually I'll try to just forget about it and move on.

dustee,
so zen, i hv heard that one before. and apply it to mothering C1... esp when C1 makes me want to jump up and down like a psycho.

i just got onto IM w Mr C
"C1 makes me angry as much as he does you.
Stomp off downstairs tonight after dinner if you feel like you need to blow. The children do not need to see/hear our psychotic episodes."

and received a concise "ok" in response.

re 2yo battered and bruised due to a fall. the parents are so cool they are almost frozen?!

crystal, hi5 to fellow frazzled mum!

cellow - somehow 2 just makes the work and temper escalate exponentially dun u feel? haha.. in my worst moments, i wld wish the age gap between e kids were bigger or i had only 1 kid! or none?! haha

any other mummies keen on logico? i have gotten orders for 8 sets.. 2 more to go and will be placing order soon! hee..

cellow - mr cellow sounds like my hb.. i wld type long message abt wat i felt or wat we sld do.. and get an 'ok'.. sometimes e 'ok' makes me feel o-k.. sometimes e ok results in me sending him many long messages abt how he cannot just say 'ok' but needs to tell me wat he thinks.. etc etc etc.. oopz//

Ok ok. Super random intro of topic to hopefully put a smile on frazzled mummies' faces:

Remember the 80s song "zhe xie ri zi yi Lai"? During the time when boys looked like girls in mushroom hairstyles and girls had big pong pong permed hairs and super cartoon sweet voices? Wo shi bu shi gai Li Kai ni....

I just put a VERY old CD on (my 2nd oldest cos I couldn't find my deng lijun!) to make my afternoon of housework a bit easier
happy.gif

What were you doing when this song was playing on the radio? I was probably sitting by my radio with a blank cassette popped in, with my finger on the record button :p

Enjoy the memories, mummies!

Housework mummy, out!

mummies
busy busy busy

Michelle
treasure the honeymoon! starting work is like that one...bored initially. can let me know which one u are at? PM me..in case i interested hee

BBp
oohh..SP Care and Sebastian products are good. Can help me check how much is the POtion 9 after discount? This is a leave in hair conditioner and can act like hair cream also. it's good.

cellow
i can totally udnerstand! sometimes when my hb gets mad with the kids this way, i get very very maid with him too!!! and won't talk to him also.

and if it's me who get so mad, hb will scold me also.

nowadays my kids morn will sing 'my valentine' to me and night will sing' the moon represnets my heart' it's a routine everyday

DD
music class- check out www.ingenio.sg i saw their ad on tv. looks good

smiggle
yes. will reply to u.
happy.gif

u can try mothercare for goggles. i bought JH one from there. they have quite small ones i think

hiya mummies... combed through bp's but can't find teh right water bottle for bbG.. found one i like at taka.. (japanese shinkansen) but it's $38! and can't find thes ones I used to get bbG anymore.. (with hinges that won't break easily when dropped) .. someone was bottle hunting.. wat did you get in the end?

out of the pan lunch. .i want! hope i can make it though.. work's a killer lately..

*blush* did i sound like the difficult customer who can't be pleased... asking for teachers to speak good english and sing in tune? so i should really play a deaf ear u think?

music classes.. will compare manderville and ingenio tomorrow (eyelids heavy now after massive bottle searching)

going beserk when own kid is harmed/hurt (even if accidentally by another kid) -> eeks! thought my hb was an irrational kid in an adult body too.. when he wanted to stomp on the feet of the guy who accidentally opened dog run gate and kiap my dog's leg.. or wanted to smack the kid who smacked my kid... LOL

PB: i used to play and rewind on my cassette player radio to copy lyrics of favourite songs!

okie dokz.. gonna hit the sack now...

sweet dreams mummies!

bbp
hey i'm interested in all shopping lobangs, invite me pls!

cellow
husbands should be banned from using 'ok' as a response to wives.

mothercare
speaking of mothercare, it's having some sort of mega sale at their harbourfront flagship store this weekend. for those who need stuff from there (like the soon-to-be second-round mummies)

DD
yamaha has this music wonderland for 3yo and up. yes, your bbG will be turning 3 in 3 months!

pb, dustee,
oh no Mr C hasnt forgotten, there is a distinct chill in the air this morning.

mothercare sale....
whoopee here i come! I need to get milk bottles for C2.

Mich,
It takes time. Or you got to be shameless and self-invite yourself to lunches.

SY,
This is the only Potion 9 I found - Potion 9 Lite Lightweight Wearable Treatment Styler 150ml. Is it the correct one?

morning mummies! 1st week back at work for me and already 9 hour days in office last 3 days..boohoo..hardly saw mini bean cos she's half asleep by the time i reach home. miss her smiles! ..and this morning there was supposed to be a 830 meeting so aunty here rushed to office only to find out tt boss forgot to inform her that it was cancelled..really feel like knocking someone on HIS head. now drinking lots of coffee to chill and keep awake.

cellow - taka fair starting next wed !! i hv to get milk bottles too.

dustee - how's reno coming along and is move in date in sight?

DD - let me know what you decide after yr research
happy.gif
anyone has any comments on whether keyboard instruments vs strings (violin)?

ok, back to deleting 4 mths of emails :p

michelle - are you a "boss" in yr new job? bosses seldom hv friends one la ;) it's really funny cos everytime there's a dept meeting, there will be several empty seats next to my boss and same when we are attending courses, the table where my boss sits will have the least persons :D..my boss is totally aware of this (hard not to!) and she always says "i wont bite or I am not here the whole day, so you guys need not worry"

bbp
hmm i can't remember the whole name. only remember it as potion 9. does it come in tube? hee u have the rest of the things available like shampoo from SP Care? If u have a list, can send to me and I comb thru and let u know what i want??
happy.gif

cin
oh no! what a stupid boss.....maybe things will get better after some time of adjustment.

When I first arrived most mistook me as one of the officer and came up to me and told me 'hey there's this mtg later you can join!' so well, friendly.... Then the hr lady announced later that afternoon about me and my post and suddenly, everyone started treating me like alien. No they don't report to me, I have no staff report to me yet and they belong to other department but hey, I'm friendly lah!!!! I'm not their boss, I very fun to be with one you know... Talk to me people!!!!

After that I approached a few of them to ask certain things, they are so stiff and serious. Aiyoooo, how do I break the ice? How how how?

SY
Let me know if the amount I transfered is correct ok?

Mich
Aww the first couple of days are tough. Make friends with peers? Or Chia your team out one by one (if it's a small team) or by small groups so you can get to know them. It'll also allow you to know them personally and learn about their styles and vice versa.

DD
Me too! I also used to copy lyrics!

Music classes
BB believes that playing a musical instrument makes a child smarter. I don't know where he plucked that from but I don't think poppy will sit still long enough for a proper class. So I'm just gonna let her play with home made guitars and maracas for now
happy.gif

PB
Who is Bernard and what class does he conduct? If it is one of those 'siong' ones I won't be there yet. I can hardly survive a low impact class at the moment... *pant pant*

Bbp
L's teacher told me that when the rest of the class is listening to stories etc, L is usually playing elsewhere. He will only join in on his own after he's played enough.

Dustee
Those parents are so cool they're scary. I'd freak out.

SY,
Sure, I send you the list.

youpi,
See, told you you're balm for my soul. I already feel more at ease.
Did the teacher feedback to you or you asked?

Rena
Thanks for the info on preschool! I'll definitely pass it to my friend.

strong-willed children
Emma is one. Once she throws a fit, she will just shut down everything. Nothing we say or do, (even punishment) can have an effect on her. She recently refused to eat/drink anything before school and didn't want to brush teeth. I was sick yesterday so Mr SD is taking her to school and for the first time he lost his cool in front of Emma. She cried and cried and Mr SD couldn't take it and gotten really angry. Aiyo but this girl was still very stubborn. In the end we send her to the corner. Lucky this morning she behaves cuz we reminded her that she will be sent to the corner again if she becomes monster girl.
She is good at avoiding answers.
Me: Do you want to be monster girl or sweet girl?
Emma: I'm a mouse, not girl!
Me: Ok do you want to be monster mouse or sweet pretty mouse?
Emma: I'm a dragon, not mouse
and it goes on and on... *rolls eyes*

Bullies
Ashley got bullied many times when she's in primary one. she was the only child then and basically interacted only with us and several friends in kindergarten. Her thought would be there are only nice people in this world. So when there's a bully she couldn't handle it.

DD
The others are too expensive for water bottle. I bought one from Disney Hongkong and it's already broken. Now I settled with Lock and Lock. They have cute design now and bpa free. Costs less than 10 bucks. Got the straw but Emma didn't like it. so I took the straw off.
http://www.locknlockplace.com/servlet/-strse-1002/Lock-%26-Lock-Water/Detail

Michelle
They probably not sure yet are therefore they're just being careful. Just be yourself and I believe they will find sooner or later, that you are a friendly person!

Back