(2008/07) July 2008

Quick one re playing
I think it's very natural for us to feel sian playing their games. Cos the games are not made for us in mind! I usually play imaginary games with her. Like we pretend to make pizza (roll dough, put ingredients, pop it in the oven etc) and "I spy with my eye", and let her have her own time to play with toys. Usually when I'm cooking
happy.gif

Their imagination is fantastic now so I can ask her to cook all kinds of things for me at her stove and she loves it :D but ask me to build stuff with Lego with her? Yikes. I'd be bored to tears

PB
yes i can't do lego! terrible at it. whenever they ask me to play i try to direct it to the father or get them to do it themselves. jh is much better than me!

SD
nothing wrong with u. think it's natural. sometimes i just do my own things even when playing with them. feel so tired at times that i just switch off. while i m not good at playing, i m better at reading. we can't be the best at everything.
happy.gif

I love Lego!
Eh, actually I'm quite bad at it since I'm not creative. But I AM good at following instructions/manuals so I enjoy building the stuff they give me.
And so while trying to build a car/plane/house/dino and trying to prevent Declan from destroying it before I even finish assembling it, Declan's making his own little car.
happy.gif

youpi,
So can I treat my child as gifted instead of problematic? :p

Lobang must share:
Nursing moms! We all know that our nursing clothes are hardly stylish. I just came across a sale site that features really quite stylish looking nursing dresses at $30+! But this site requires invitation, so if anyone's interested, PM me ok?
5152834.jpg

Oh no I'm really sorry - I now remember I owe SY and Cellow for the same thing!

Will tsf soon!!!

Bbp
I love those dresses!! But I don't need nursing anything now.... Will that invitation expire? And how come you got this lobang? Are you expecting good news? Pun intended :p

PB,
The invitation will not expire, but the sale will. Well, it's not a primarily nursing wear site. It's a site where you can get really good discounts on branded names, or so I think branded names la. So every now and then, you can discounts on new stuff. Mostly... I have never heard of :p

Bbp
Just treat your child with love ;)
But seriously, maybe Dec *is* advanced for his class, therefore bored to bits, therefore acting up. Also, he's only two leh.

youpi,
Well, I think I know what the problem is. Declan is plain cheeky! As feedbacked by the teacher, he knows what he's being asked, but will just refuse to do it or purposely do something else.
Eg: When we arrive at home in the evening when the sky is clearly dark, we will ask Declan to say good evening to the helper. He will look at the sky, think for a little while, and then say good morning with a cheeky smile.
HOW???

Bbp
Very cute what. He knows how to access a situation, turn it to his own, and make a comment complete with charm. What's the problem? ;p

Did kho kho lunch happen? My throat would have protested big time anyway..

Mummies..is it just fussy me or should we mind if the playgroup teachers sing out of tune and doesn't speak good English? Cant get it out of my head yet bbg has finally settled down (no more tears this week) but I don't want him speaking broken English Or singing out of tune!

And any mummies know how much it cost to move a piano from one apt to another?

Bbp
Awright, now I feel like calendula cream ;p
But no, I am actually fretting at the moment. Save me from anal, super kanchiong spider parents who take whatever their flighty domestic helpers say as gospel truth! 'Cos the helper just turned my conversation with her into an attack on the child and now the parent is upset! Sigh.

DD
About $200, no stairs on either side, plus tuning thrown in.

Good night!

Bbp, PB
thanks. will check.
happy.gif

is the website u referring to reebonz?
happy.gif

DD
i would mind if the teacher speaks broken english. some of jx's teachers dun speak very good english but lucky she was promoted to another group very soon so i din really pursue it. but when her chinese teacher couldn't speak properly i called the principal up. i dunno whether the principal followed through or not but eventually the teacher left due to other commitments and they got a new teacher whom i think is much much better.

so NO u r not fussy.
happy.gif

Greetings gorgeous mums!
Sheesh what weather huh?

DD
Poppy's main teacher's English is also not the bestest but her Chinese teacher is superb. What's more impt to me is that they are all very caring and I'm so comfortable with all the teachers at the school.

But it took me some time to realise that and accept it. Cos in sg, I don't think the number of "qualified" and highly educated childcare/preschool teachers is high. Unless it's a 3k per month place... Which I can't afford :p

Oh Mich... Should I even click on that... Yesterday BB and I found out a ground floor unit near our place with indoor courtyard is a cool $1.2million!!!

Oh morning mummies! I have to come here and post this.

Xun gal suddenly said amen to us last night! Got a shock. but after internalising, we know it has to be the prayer she says in school before eating her meal. We asked her what she say in school and these are what we can figure out: Dear father, thank you ... ... ... amen.
It just sounds so lovely coming from her mouth! My girl is so grown up already... ...

Mich, I did click on the link and like the shophouse! its modern enough for me. haha but does not fit the other criteria i have :p

me and hubby we have kind of decided which development we are looking at but it will only TOP early next year. Pray hard that private property prices will fall during second half then we will buy! this development fulfills all my criteria - near schools (2 pretty good schools within 1 km) near my sis place (10 mins drive) near mrt station ... ... just that it is a mass development and hence will be pretty crowded. well u just cant have the best of everything!

jace
so cute. i love it when the kids say their prayers. very innocent and childlike. jx loves to say amen also.

mummies
bad luck on a mon morn! my car couldn't start! think no battery. actually really frustrating cos i already suspect the battery is weak but just no time to bring for a check. tot i will do it sometime this week and the battery ran out before i cd even action.....so got to ask hb to send the kids this morn.

lucky i have an understanding boss who said i no need to take leave to wait for the pple to go fix my car. if i have to take leave for every little thing i think my leave will run out liao....dunno whether later i can take some time off to pick up my car...haha..

i finally got my new camera!! bought a canon in the end. can feel hb's eyes rolling at me for the quick purchase but i have been thinking abt it for months!!! next on my list will be lasik but think i have to save up for it. did my new contact lenses in dec so prob will only aim to do it next year!

Jace
Xun so cute!

SY
that happened to me before. at the office hahaha. Saw the photo in FB. Ooh if your car is Honda, you could get Honda recovery services to come and change the battery on the spot. Battery around 100 dolars and the transport and labour $50.

SD
oh do they do that? ok next time i know already. anyway the car needed to be serviced so let them tow away and service at the same time......

sigh what a start to the week!!!

did u have any warning sign that the battery dying? i had but i din act on it. feel stupid.

SY
Yep they do. Quite convenient cuz they'll come within 1 hr and to change the batt only 1/2 hr. Battery dying haha yes I got signs - when you start the car sometimes the sound a little weird. I oso didn't do anything and then it just died.

<font color="0000ff">Hi mommies,
I have a brand new, Queen size, fitted, waterproof mattress protector to let go. Pls pm if keen
happy.gif
</font>

went to see a cc over the weekend. they have vacancies for afternoon nursery class for pomfret 2.30-530. it took all of my self-control to not register immediately and ask "can she start on monday?"

but but but but mr dustee is still hemming and hawing. he claims he's supportive of her starting some form of schooling. but he doesn't want to start in march because HE "hasn't talked to her about school yet"

last night when he was sleeping, again it took all of my self control not to get hysterical and shake him awake and scream at him to take leave from work and stay home to look after her while he's still indecisive to let her start.

sigh. i'm insomniac and psychotic.

hug dustee.
oh no men can make us psychotic w their wavering minds. that's why must explain many times to them. i have had a few psychotic episodes myself at Mr C... not proud of them... but there you are....

youpi,
if you are fretting, the reaction fm the other child's parent must be serious. next time stay away fm that maid? dun even say hi lest the greeting is mis-interpreted. a sane parent would know better than to trust a flighty maid, or clear wat you said up w you.

signing off fm a bz workdesk!

psst. i hv been toying w the idea of going part time. but...

not only the finances cannot make it, but my sense of self cannot take it.

good work-life balance with stability vs high-level corporate climbing opportunity job. which would you choose?

Ms Mich is having a headache .....

PB
haha...no lah i wd rather have the opp to send the kids. at least can spend some time in the car talking to them or listening to them sing!!!

SD
hee next time must heed warning signs! i learnt a lesson today.

dustee
why not u just decide? usually my hb leaves the sch part to me. he 'trusts' i make the correct decision (actually it's he dun wan me to keep asking him to decide!!)

cellow
or can u go 3/4 time? i think that's the ideal. dun lose too much financially but get 1-2 hours more with the kids.

michelle
so u got 2 offers?? really depends on what u wan. for me, i always go for the good work life balance with stability. cos i dun wan to be bringing work home or working late and have less time for the kids.

knocking cellow's head to senses.

you are currently enjoying a "parttime" work arrangement with full time pay, sans the irregular hours at work. you are in an enviable position. dun forget that. dun forget that.

michelle,
if you are asking yourself that qn, then you already know which is your choice.
you may also consider if eboy needs your time and attn to intervene and do more speech exercises (or watnot). bcz work can always catch up later, but our children grow up so fast.

sy,
i say toying w the idea as my coy allows me to take a sabbitical for one year. risk is come back, got no job, that's just the way the current climate is now.
3/4 time ah.... heh. theoritically i m nearly 3/4 time. 18 annual leave + 6 childcare leave + 5 working mother's child sick leave + 15 annual leave c/f from 2010 = 34 days altog.

smiggle,
yes i think so. check MOM website....

dustee,
Just sign her up. Seriously, Mr dustee is just gonna delay until goodness knows when. You need to force his hand if you think it's good for pomfret. Don't you think this sounds just like our kids when they don't want to sleep and they give us hundred and one excuses? "I want to read book", "I need to wee wee", "I need to ngg ngg", and the list goes on
happy.gif

smiggle,
I don't think you're covered if you quit. Only if they terminate you, then you do have grounds to fight on basis of unfair termination. What you CAN do to get around it is to work till 36 weeks, because according to MOM, "An eligible employee is entitled to absent herself from work four weeks immediately before and 12 weeks immediately after delivery, totalling 16 weeks."

oh dear,
so i cant quit..
then i will try to get my self fired???

haiz.. my boss just fired 2 persons.. imagine who's gonna take over their work..

cellow
wah.. u got so many leave!
workin mother child sick leave? is that the no pay one?

smiggle,
that is coy specific.... need to back that up with an MC in my child's name.
i havent counted in the no pay leave options yet.

ooooooh, the method bbp taught you is good. do that.

Michelle
Congrats on your new work!! Errr *patpat* on starting work hahaha.

Childcare/preschool
Dear mummies, anyone knows some good childcare/preschool around Thomson/Upper Thomson area? I'm helping a friend who will be moving to singapore and will be staying around upper thomson. Thanks in advance!

Sd,
There is MMI, junior school house, redschool house and kinderland.. Catholic church there also have a kindergarden..
My tenant 's kids are studying at junior school house.. Not bad.. I wanted to put Elijah there previously , when I purchase thomson view.. But hb wants to rent out and wants to buy near st Andrew .. So we rent it out ..there is also a childcare at shunfu estate but not sure how good..
There is a cherie hearts there too..

Back