(2008/07) July 2008

OMG. Please don't remind me of my confinement days. I think I was really sad and depressed during that time due to multiple reasons. Feeling like a handicapped, being treated like one, smelling like one, not being able to do a lot of things, not being able to eat a lot of things... and the best... not being able to care for my baby cos everyone else was trying to help me. I think I only existed to pump milk.
sad.gif

Jace,
You can sleep aircon room??

SY,
You definitely spoil him la. Even though I'm a SAHM, I don't do everything for Mr bbp. After all, it's not just my kid, it's his kid too leh.
Haha, silly mama. Reminds me when I go silly Declan, he will sometimes respond with silly Mama.

Hannah,
Oh! So that was you! I recalled the showing how to breasfeed incident too.

youpi,
Yup, I heard that they are expected to know how to write a 5-sentence compo by the time they enter P1. I hope it's just Urban Legend, but with Singapore the way it is, I doubt it's an Urban Legend.
And L's amazing!

Re Latch and Koon:
Thumbs up for that method. At the same time, I suspect that's the reason Declan is STILL sleeping in my bed.

Sparrows,
Yeah! I love 5 stones too! We seriously can start a 5 stones mommy session already.
Food World War - gave up more to sheer exhaustion.

PB,
Well, you're still more hardworking than me la. So thumbs up for you!
Oh man, the playschool cold is really efficient.

crystal,
Hiya! Welcome back!

Mich,
Yup, when Declan had flu the previous time, I give Sambucus for a few days to see if it helps. It did so I'm quite sold on that thing. I didn't even have to feed him the usual flu meds.

Lol on bbp's "latch and koon". Dec is really powerful. He even managed to kick YOU off the bed! Or have you been promoted back to bed and off the floor? Hehe :p

Smelling like handicapped person, Bbp? You make me laugh la, woman!!

Oh I remember being so into latch and koon that at one point I was worried that I'd have to lie down on shopping centre floors.

Crystal
That's great. Less money but so much more time
happy.gif

Girls
I am on waitlist for a PT job! This co has got a usual contract person who may not be able to make it due to family commitments. I will not even work enough hours to be applicable for FTWM childcare subsidy wor! But earning about 2/3 current pay :S

PB - GREAT NEWS! so happy for u! if only i can find one like tt too! hahahaha.. i think i work enuff hrs to be applicable for FTWM pay and earn less than 2/3 prev pay! hahaha.. hope it turns out well!! then u wld have ur dream of working in morning while poppy is at sch and being home for her in e aftn come true!

youpi
Oh did I miss something?? L speaks his sentence in mandarin??
Ummm I scroll up also didn't see leh.....my eyes playing trick on me??
But yes ur hardwork is paying off now.

Mine are still in singlish mode and E is bilingual most of the time in the same sentence.....LOL

Sparrows
Long time no "see".
Hopefully I know what I really wanna do or achieve soon. Cos its real irritating everytime it hits me and I think I've been clouding in that mist for quite awhile now.

Sparrows, my #2 is 6 YO, in K2 this year.

Yup, they made students write simple compos while still in pre-sch wor ;-)

Hee bbp, it was me!!

PB, you like that job scope? 2/3 of your current pay is quite good an offer right, assuming u only work half amount of hrs as compared to now?

Hello Crystal
You were at the big birthday party right?
happy.gif
The "fixed working hours" part of your new job sounds really good; there won't be OT so you can go back to Caitlyn.

Michelle
Yes, I think we can Royce tomorrow! What time are you going?

Sentence in Mandarin
Er that is the ONLY sentence. And I made him learn to say it because he'd flip my boobs with his hands otherwise.

Bbp
Your description of confinement is so funny! When you have #2 you can do it all differently, the way you want to.

PB
Yay! Waitlist sounds like you're hoping for a flight. But you are! A flight outta where you are now, hehe. Sending hugs and thoughts of vit C to Poppy and Bb!

youpi - yup i was but honestly i cldn't "identify" any of u! hee.. actually i dun go home str after work as i tutor too (was actually giving tuition full time when this offer came along so cldn't stop students in middle of yr) so still pullg in long hours.. but at least from next yr sld be cuttg back on tut.. cannot give up totally as need the income.. btw, r u the one with e delphin contact? can i get it from u? thanks!

Jace,

I called cellow's masasge lady too, but she can't do it for me as she is going on her Omrah (it is a mini haj). So I got to look for others.
sad.gif
tell me about the oiliness from the massage, I also tak boleh tahan. But i am really quite tempted to wash my hair everyday. If it gets to the point where I am miserable, I think I will just wash my hair.
happy.gif

Crystal, PB,

Hearing you guys doing PT work makes me gian for one too. Would have to evaluate in the next 2 years.
happy.gif

SmiggleP,

Rest well! and shoo MS!!

today the at-king striked again.

Was suppose to brief DIR at 1.30pm. he was part of the team, but i sent email out to two other junior staff (not part of the team) to join in the brief, for awareness and learning. At-king prepared the slides.

when the two junior staff arrived, i asked where is At-King? they told me at king not joining. i was like, WHY? (cos i saw at-king asked the junior staff to bring the laptop to set up etc). The guy said, dunno jokingly or what, that "i did not send email to invite him". What!?!

I immediately SMSed him (big bosses coming in so cannot call). "Why are you not here at hte brief to DIR?

You know his reply? I type word for word. "Excuses aside, i want to focus on the remaining work n cut down on exposure".

I was boiling!

Mich
OMG This person!!! *PIAKS* Really can't get rid of this guy!!!! Feels like saying: Get your a** right here or you are not going to get anymore work to do!!

wah, the thread is suddenly so active!

catch up later. m dashing off for physiotherapy..... have a neck crick that has been there for 2-3 days liao. and seems to be getting worse.

Mich
Wah that guy is too much! Must piak him, really. Tell him off. That you expect him to be responsible. Yes it is good to focus on work but briefing the dir IS part of his work because he prepared the leg work.

He really needs a good talking to. Really sounds like he does not respect you as his boss and this is becoming a disciplinary issue.

I just had a 1hour talk with the guy who kept looking at his watch. Really beyond hope. I told him if he continues like this, he can forget about coming back to the department after his study. If i could take back his post grad scholarship application......

Wah.. the start of the weekend got everyone excited and chatting huh..

I just realise your five stones are like little bean bags.. we from the kampung played with real stones haha but we looked for nice round pretty ones..whoa cellow.. how do u make them?

cellow: the mohawk is C1's signature lah.. he's so cool with it!

dustee: been falling sick i think... poor thing.. get well soon and pop by to say hi ok?

smiggle: how old is sasha (or tasha?) again? how come u wanna give her up so badly now.. try contacting the husky club or a rescue organisation? BTW.. hang in there with the MS...

bbG was stuck with 16 teeth for the longest time, and now his 2nd molar on the lower right is coming out! so bbp.. think there are 2 sets of molars on each side (meaning total 8 in a mouth)?

sparrow: are you an only child or did you mean for sebi to be one?

NS for boys: citizens and PR's I think.. may not have to if kid is on long term dependent pass? but of course non-citizens pay MUCH more in school fees and childcare fees...

hi crystal! where have u been?

parrot babies: mine goes CHEEKY MUMMY when I scold him CHEEKY BABY!

and guess what he learnt... the LAH word! My jaw dropped when he first said this one night: I SHOW YOU LAH! (telling me how to work my blackberry!)

is dec still latching too? something bbG never learnt..
sad.gif
all I recall about confinement was carrying bbG in a sling the whole day..PB! I so recall you making that statement about lying on shopping mall floors! LOL!

wah royce! would you all still b there at 11plus cos our class only ends 11am?

anyone whipped out the lanterns and gone for walks already? bishan-er's you know there are a few going on right.. one at bishan park for sure.. another at seletar tomorrow!

yikes youpi! was that komodo dragon lying in your way somewhere in sungai buloh or botanic gardens??

goosebumps rose as I read about L and his stitches again.. BIG hug to you and him... you were one BRAVE and calm mummy!

doggiebb: T1 looked so sweet in her tutu!

mich who cut E-boy's hair???

what's this alphabits u girls r feeding the kiddos? and how do you make them wear caps and hats ah.. mine totally refuses any accessories!

DD you've been blog hopping huh? Eboy's hair ah, the auntie at junior league loh. $20 for a chic hairlook. Hee Hee.

Having a splitting headache now after complaining to my hubby and recounting the incident caused by at king. Me going to pop a panadol and go to bed. Tata

dor
you wanted muffin recipe?

Ingredients

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 3 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.

mich
wah your colleague sounds like he really isn't keen on working with your company anymore. what attitude! looking at watch! did you ask him "is there somewhere you need to go?" but.... was the time mutually agreed upon?

DD
got a lantern but it keeps getting squashed so i guess we'll be out with a squashed lantern tonight or tomorrow
happy.gif

alphabits... i forgot what brand, will check
happy.gif

I wonder if I've asked this before: anyone knows where they sell small sized little miss and Mr men t-shirts? Like for our kiddos that kind of size? All that I've seen are for bigger kids.

PB

I've got a couple of these little miss and mr shirts but unfortunately all bought in australia. so if you have friends heading to oz, just ask them to pop into Target heh! but as for singapore i can't really help there.

Target got? Yay!!!!!!! All the more reason to heartt Target!

DD
Ya alphabits are quite sweet. Don't give too much lor
happy.gif
if you want those ABC kind, biscuit king at casuarina also sell. If anyone wants I can buy :p

Sling instructions
Guess this will be more useful for the preggie and new bb mummies: Does anyone want the MIM sarong sling user guide and demonstration DVD? Just PM me, I can send it to you or pass it to you.

I also have these two DVDs if anyone wants them. They were given to me and I never listened to them.
1. What every pregnant mother must know about stimulating and communicating with her unborn baby
2. How your choice of birth affects the health and personality of your child
Both are CDs by Dr Thomas R Verny, an expert on the effects of prenatal and early postnatal environment on personality and development.

ooh.... if they are sweet.. will give alphabits a miss.. someone's been eating more bread lately coz it comes in shapes now hahaha (got some breadcutters)

pb: wat kinda abc biscuits the plain marie-tasting kinda biscuits? where's biscuit king? just stopped by for prata on way home from lantern celebration at seletar reservoir... yum!

wanted to ask: youpi and anyone else.. .still serious or keen to do a playgroup of our own where we will diligently do art n craft, sing and dance, read a book and stuff like what we do at regular classes? coz if we can gather a few, I dun mind starting after this last term at JG...come come come!

PB
Sebi has 2 passports now. Poppy too? I just know that he must decide nearing 21 since must enrol for NS too. I think I missed your post abt where you are working? Is it a private company or? How come the bosses so scary one...'are you REALLY sick?!' macham in school like that. Poppy and BB feeling better oready? Also, fingers crossed ... hope you get that job! When are you going Melb?

Mich
No la, not just for lunch :p but known also for good, practical advice and err... leaving Ethan your legacy! hehe. About your at-king ah... think you should really speak to your boss and HR leh, how come company can still sponsor such a person a scholarship? Even if cannot take back, can at least have some notes in his personal file about his character for future bosses?

Crystal
Congrats in finding a job you're happy with.

smiggleprincess
take care and rest well ... ya and SHOO MS!

Cellow
How's your neck?

DoubleDee
I meant that I'm an only child :p Oh, Sebi doesn't like sunnies at all and hats only when it's really forced on him or when everyone else is also wearing.

sparrows
ME!!!!

jx says NO and I DUN WAN very loudly to a lot of things...it even extends to me at times.

DD
hee me and a few mummies used to try to do our own playgroup during jh's time. need really a lot of commitment. i dun mind if the timing suits but i will have jh tagging along probably....

we can rotate at different houses as well.

i recently borrowed a craft book from library. got some simple crafts. planning to scan them. whoever interested PM me and i send to u after i scan.
happy.gif

PB
for your muffin recipe, do i need a mixer or can hand blend??

ohhh u getting a PT job with 2/3 of your current pay?? very good leh...if u got lobang let me know ok? i really need a PT job with better pay.....

bbp
hmmm like what the rest say, some habits hard to change. hb has changed abit already (so u can imagine during jh's time how terrible it was) so i can't also totally discredit his effort. i just wish he has less expectations of me! u know what he said? he said i must earn at least 4k to qualify as full time work that require his help. anything less than that he thinks the work must be not stressful = not tired .....if i continue this kind of conversation with him, we will only end up arguing.

cellow
hope your neck is better....
happy.gif

smiggle
hope u feel better soon!

michelle
at king is terrible!!! your boss can't do anything abt him?

i realise my office quite near yours. i m at lower delta road....when my boss go travelling, we can do lunch hee.

mummies
need some ideas. initally was planning to bring the kids to universal studios when my parents are back. tot of going as a family outing. but a lot of pple told me not worth it to go cos they can't take many rides. got any other suggestions what else we can do?

Pb
poppy better? i tell u, it's really terrible whne they start sch. jx saw doc 5 times in 4 weeks and spent close to 400 bucks when she first started sch. the pd told me it takes 1 year to stabilise with the first 6 months the worst. my jaw almost dropped.......

now i m just hoping the probiotics, fish oil and sambucus will really help ward off whatever sickness.

Hi girls!!
I am finally back...
So glad to be home after the hospital stay..

Dd,
I used to do play group or conduct lessons at my place fir children from 18mths and above.. But after Ezekiel I dun have energy coz needs alot of planning and the clean up ..
Now I only conduct for church camps and some homesxhool ..

PB
Thanx. I was looking for cupcake recipe actually hehe.
Found a very simple 1 off the net and now I'm cracking my head to do deco.

Dor
What's the diff between cupcake and muffin ah? I never know.

SY
I don't have a mixer. Everything is by hand! *flex muscle*

Poppy is still coughing on and off. I can feel the phlegm vibrating in her chest when she coughs but bluebunny says "now that she's older and stronger we shd not bring her to doc, just let the cough die off by itself" :S so just put chest rubs now. And everyday still give colustrum. She does not like sambaccus!

Sparrows
No no it was not my boss that said that (though I think she must want to). I overheard that on train. Bit she isn't short of her classic lines either. But I shall not spoil my morning by thinking of them
happy.gif

Sy
I haven't gotten the job. It's only mine if their usual part timer can't make it
happy.gif

What a weekend. Poppy sick, I got a cactus in my throat and bluebunny got stiff neck! Anyone went for kite flying fest? I brought poppy (bluebunny said stiff neck so cannot look up at clouds Haha). More people than kites! The fringe activities were interesting!

Hi mummies.. Running late n stuck in traffic coz if whiney bb in morning..dunno what happened but he turned into some whiney crybaby koala since yesterday!

USS: didn't find it fantastic n not many rides for our kiddos but I went when it first open,not sure if new rides were added..

Playgroup: come come! Think if we can gather enough it would be fun! Esquare..we help u clean up?
happy.gif
Youpi u still game? Pb? BBP?

One more question: when do u think it's time to keep our boys out of the bathroom when we r bathing/changing?

Dunno who taught my little kiddo to say 'shame shame' when he sees anyone bare bodied (he said that to a guy playing tennis n I had to quickly scoot him away)

N he said this to me the other day: mummy why u put big sticker on your underwear?

N I turned beetroot!

morning all!
happy.gif

i wanna diiiiiieeeeee, so tired today after handling the 2Cs alone w maid ystday. major monday blues. best ... cannot eat mooncakes and lovely peanut soup that my mum made for me over the weeeknd, and cannot eat puteri mas durian puffs as well. sooo many food restrictions. stoooopid eggs are in EVERYthing nice.

pardon me for the whine. i limit my whine to this one, then i shall zip it.

cellow chin up!

esq, welcome home!

dd,
i have kept C1 out of the room when changing ever since he could sort of talk. tis fine for him to be w Mr C when Mr C is changing, but not w me.
LOL on big sticker on underwear! but oooooh, tis a beetroot moment indeed....

but ... still got time to PIAK mich's staff! insert note in HR file after warning them.... for insubordination.

it is ok to be 100% b**** at work for those who deserve it. i hv done my share of taking pple to task at work, and the 1st time is not fun. just rem to turn it off and not let it affect your home life..... sayang!

PB
share share with me how u look for PT jobs?? i hope u get this one!!

actually if the cough is not affecting poppy, then dun really need medicine. doc usually tell me most parents give med cos they feel so uncomfy to hear the kid cough. but if not serious and they eat /sleep like usual i leave it and it does get better after a while....

i wanted to go for kite festival!!! missed it again this year cos jh not well. he gave me a fright on fri when he said he has a terrible headache and he was crying over it. scared that i will be some brain infection i quickly zipped to PD. but q was so long and doc was late and we waited nearly 2 hours!!!

by then jh was feeling ok already and i suspect his headache was gone but he din dare to say no headache so he gave me silly reasons like when he shakes his head it still hurts.

pd of cos tried to comfort us saying that we did the right thing etc to bring him in for a check but i was pretty sure i cd do without it.

DD
bbG so cute.....hmmm sometimes i will still change with jh in the room to be quick. i try not to but i think if we can, we try to teach them the difference btwn gals and boys and how to respect each other. u know what he asked me, he asked me what are his balls for? i dunno how to answer...i just told him it's impt and next time u will know...haha...

cellow
sayang...can really feel your frustration. if i were u i wd feel the same way!!! ren ren...next year u eat double your share!!
happy.gif

ADVICE NEEDED
i have a crisis at home. my hb feels that my mum's maid not up to standard and he wants to get one more maid. but i feel that 2 maids will be a lot of trouble! how how? cos it's my mum's maid i dun wan to say too much but sometimes i feel that she really not doing enough. she says she has no time but she looks very free to me. cos no one at home in the day she actually has a lot of time right?

a few things happened.

yesterday night before sleeping, my hb found a cockroach beside his bed! it's really quite disgusting cos it's bedroom mah and jx is terrified of cockroaches. so he feels that she din clean the room properly

and he said that she never wipes his study table until he asks her too. and dun even use soap so the table very sticky

for me, i always have to ask her whether she cleans the toys. i already very relaxed with her cos not my maid but my mum's but my min standard is clean the toys once a week and i told her no need clean all the toys but just those that they play more often. the last time i ask her abt it she told me she no time to clean. how can no time when she has mon - fri to do it right?

one thing is she goes into her room very early cos of past habits. by 9+ she will be in her room chatting on the phone. i feel that she dun finish her things and will retire for the night at the usual time. last night, i cd hear her on the phone when it was goign to be 12 midnight. she was on the phone for more than 2 hours!!

and last fri, she asked me whether she can go out to send money. i said ok and she was gone for more than 3 hours!! i know she went shopping but i feel she took advantage of me. the 2 kids were at home with me and she had already taken her off for the month. so she shd quickly go and come back right? from my place to clementi by bus it prob at most only take 30 min. and she came back with such a big bag of stuff.....

if i get another maid, sure have trouble one. what are 2 maids going to do alone at home in the day?? will they really spend the time cleaning???

DD
Lol on sticker on underwear!!! I was wondering what sticker for a while hahahah.

Umm I'm not sure when to stop but I still change with poppy and so does bluebunny. We have never said "shame shame" to her. But sometimes she pulls on certain bits when the 3 of us are in the shower together Haha.

Playschool
wow, I didn't realise playschool is so cool! The teachers email me the activities of the week. And the kids are constantly doing some activity or other. Really cool
happy.gif

Sayang Cellow. Eggs will find their way into your life again soon. C2 is already 5 months plus. And hey some allerigies may disappear after a while so who knows? You might very well be having omelettes for breakfast real soon!

Hello Mummies,

how was your weekend....

SY
retrain the maid or change a new one, no need a second maid...

Cellow
i also kenna alot of restrictions now..
also so sad i cannot eat alot of things...

PB
have they sent you pictures of her at school yet?? when the teacher sent me a photo of kayden sittin down at arts class stickin pasta onto his plate, i was amazed..
now waiting for a photo of him in violin class.

PB,
Nope, I'm still on the floor. And the mattress is getting thinner and thinner. Need to either get a new mattress or kick Declan onto the toddler bed we got from our cousin.
Gasp! You're my idol... I can't imagine mixing by hand. Especially the butter. OMG.
Oh, Dec used to be that way about Sambuccus. Then I mixed it into water and drank Ribena while he drank the Sambuccus. Heh, it's working so far.

youpi,
How can I do confinement differently if it's the same people involved? Anyhow, no I do not want to think about doing confinement again...

Dd,
Yeah you're right. My friend told me that they have 20 teeth in total, so Dec MAY be teething. But whatever the case, I've decided to stop cooking for him to save myself the grief. A happier mother makes a happier kid.
No no, Dec is no longer latching. I weaned him off a long time ago at around 13-14 months I think. But he's STILL on my bed.
I'm still showering with Declan cos it's just easier putting him in the tub and letting him play with water while I shower. Got that idea from youpi. Instead of sticker, he says I got a diaper on. I just slap my forehead and go "yes, Mama's diaper... where's Declan's diaper?" And the conversation is over from there.

sparrows,
Yeah, Dec is also in the I don't want phase. For the longest time already. But for what it's worth, I think it could be a lot worse. So I'm not complaining too much about it. But when it goes get on my nerves, I just go "Fine, don't want, done." and I walk away. At that point, he usually wails "I waaant I waaaant...."
happy.gif

SY,
Sigh, I guess I can only give you a big hug and say you're a fantastic mom and wife.
Ooh craft, I want!
Hmm, instead of going Universal.. go to the beach? Sentosa's beaches are quite clean, so get your parents to watch them while you all go Universal? :p
And I agree with smiggle about the maid issue.

Esquare,
Welcome back! Hope you're feeling much better after the hospital stay.

smiggle
not my maid so hard for me to train right. i can only ask her to do things but not dictate too much of how she do it.

Bbp
yes the kiddos have 20 teeth in total. hee last time jh also call that diaper...haha

i think going beach quite hot leh. got to see the weather that day. jh did suggest the beach. hee i did think of dumping them on my parents but defeat the purpose of bringing them out on children's day!!

Bbp
Maybe cos I don't use electric mixer that's why my cupcakes/muffins usually don't fluff up? Haha.

Toddler bed! Yes! When we shooed poppy out of our bed, bluebunny and I felt very strange with so much space. It took a while to get used to non lizard style sleeping

Today is the LONGEST day poppy has spent without either parent. I hope all is well at playschool!

Smiggle
I look forward to receiving pics of her too!
happy.gif

Back