(2008/07) July 2008

ya, im workin from home..
salad??
erm, im eating mushroom soup & sandwich now lei..
like somethin for substantial..
u two go ahead then for the salad?

hee hee... I dun mind a roast chicken salad with italian/vinegar dressing, a bit sour sour type... yum. they have?

ok, only salad har, dun make me order what soup lah, bread lah, and all that comes with salad, then defeat the purpose loh...
happy.gif

err they have like in house salad like 5-6 types not like ur lettuce kinda salad you know. got smoked duck and dunno what other kinds. very substantial actually.

let's see, who else is here? DD? okie i go sms her.

you know ah... anyone peeping into this thread would think we focus on food more than our todds... haha!

enjoy the salads! today i got lunch and learn session w one of the female big(ger) shots in the office.

*piak mich's hand away fm soup and bread and other watnot*

Alamak early morning all already talking about yummies
happy.gif

Congrats Smiggle!!! Great news for a monday morning!

We had such a smashing weekend. Every weekend should be 3 days long.

haiz..
now wan go also cannot go..
we gave our dog away on sat.. and the owner called us and said she bit him till bleeding.. gotta go take the dog back..
haiz..

Smiggle
Congrats! Must eat eat eat!

Stitches
Had a great one week sch holiday etc and then last night L fell and had to get stitches! It was the worst night of my life. He's fine and okay and all now, thank goodness.

alamak, din know we yak yak yak until time pass so quickly!!! oh, the salad is very very delicious!!! and unique! yumz.

oh dear, youpi, what happened to L? is he alright?? stitch where?? must have hurt (for you all and your heart!!)... Dun worry, kiddo's skin heals very quickly one..

Youpi
Oh no! My heart shivered when I saw that. Where did he need stitches? How did he fall? Poor L! Hope he gets well soon. You too, how is your heart now? Stable Liao?

Mich, PB
I was scrubbing the bathroom. He and his brother were having a water play session in the shower, which is what they usually do. He slipped and fell. Heart stopping moment. And hb at work! There was a gash over his eye and the blood did not stop flowing - think bloodstains on towel and bedsheet - so I brought him to the hospital. He stopped crying very fast and seemed fine, but the wound was gaping a little and the doc said he would need stitches. Heart stopped again. He had local anaesthesia but screamed anyway and I probably aged a decade during those five minutes or so. After that he breastfed and fell asleep immediately. He is back to his usual cheeky self today so he's definitely okay. Phew. I am giving thanks to deities of every religion and have already told hb that I should probably never do housework again.

Oh poor baby L! Big big hugs from me and bbG for both mummy n baby! Is S ok too? He must have been terrified seeing his bb bro like that!

Congrats to smiggle and darn! I missed. Good salad lunch!

Slogging away at work n for upcoming super rushed work trip coz I'm trying to rush back for 1st oct esplanade with my bb
sad.gif
am I being silly or should I have just stayed N enjoy Sydney more ( nothing seems fun when Alone on biz trip without bb around)

i wrote a long post and it disappeared!!

smiggle
congrats!!! avoid eating coconut, pineapple n raw stuff. dun worry. i also less than 40kg n always coughing last time. jx still healthy
happy.gif

youpi
lucky L is ok. kids are amazing...recover fast, n forget what happen fast!!

michelle,doggiebb
craving for salad!!! is it really so good? after reading abt salads in the sun papers i was craving for one!!!

Youpi
Oh my gosh. My heart would have stopped too. So you grabbed S and L and rushed to hosp? Sayang little L!

I like how you said "I think I should never do housework again" hehe. Sidetrack: this is the kind of thing that keeps me thinking "should be decently dressed at home. In case." muahahahah

Salad
Hmmmm. I've never been much of a veg fan. Maybe when I am pregnant my hormones will turn topsy turvy and I will turn vegetarian hehe.

Smiggle
Don't worry. I think crystal was also quite small sized when she was carrying Caitlyn
happy.gif
drink black chicken soup? I had that every other week when pregnant.

Woke with a bad sore throat and a super blocked nose, so staying in bed today.... dunno got it from what? i've been eating light stuff all day you know???

PB, the salad doggiebb gai siao is not like the usual salad, all veges type you know. there's thai chicken, there's duck, theres long beans with chicken etc.. pre-mixed with sauce, its very tasty you know....

today lunch i will cook bee hoon soup... with broccoli, fish, wolfberries, and some herbs.. anyone craving for bee hoon soup yet? hey hey hey..

youpi!!! my heart would have stopped too!!! thank goodness you brought him to hospital to get the stitches fast enough.. else with open wounds, and small kids, gets infection very easily... ya, lay off the housework for a while and get your part time helper in more often?? meanwhile, give L a big hug and kiss from auntie michelle and his buddy ethan boy... wound recover fast fast!! Was S shocked too? perhaps you may want to get those non-slip mats and put it all over the play area, and make S ensure they both stay within that play area while you go around washing the bathroom?

btw, you are one solid mummy who knows exactly what to do in all cases and do it so well... handle everything by yourself and in the process of it all, raise two really cool and intelligent boys... YOU OUGHT TO BE PROUD OF YOURSELF, I AM PROUD OF YOU (guess who have been reading your blog?).
happy.gif

LOL on PB's comments "should be decently dressed at home"... i am always decently dressed at home leh... hahaha...

ya smiggle, get your helper to cook everyday, more nutritious food, like fish and pork and black chicken soup is good... dun take raw stuff, dun take pineapple... oh, and just sleep away... sleep sleep sleep.. if not, just nua on the bed... let your little feotus stabalise strong strong, k?

SmiggleP,

Congrats!!
happy.gif
Ya.. you got to eat more good quality food, rest well and be happy!!

Youpi,

Poor L!! Accidents do happen. Great to hear he is back to his cheeky self!
happy.gif

Salad Lunch,

Sorry i couldn't join. Was supposed to be on leave yday, but had to have lunch with boss before i go.

Anymore lunches comeing up? maybe i can still make it. :p

Batgirl
How are you and Batangel feeling?

Youpi
Can PM me ur blog addy please? I lost it when we changed comps. Thanks!

Mich
Oh no get well soon! Beehoon soup sounds yummy! Will ethan have some too?

Dustee, dustee
Where are you hibernating?

youpi - sayang L and you. your incident reminded me of the time when we were kids and all of us were sitting on top of the sofa and my brother who was 2 then fell backwards and his head hit the sliding door tracks and blood just gushed out. till today the memory of all the blood is still very vivid.

smiggle - congrats..must take care of yr self..eat lots of good for body food oki..(sorry, i am no help in this dept cos i junk a lot :p)

mich - get well soon! sleep lots and drink plenty of fluids.

lunches - yes yes when ah? this week schedule is out but i can def do next week..SY - need to see you to pay and collect item.

mass of jumbled emotions today

it was (i think) my own finger tt swiched off the switch for the upright freezer n 10L ... mayb more, i dowan to know... of fbm is now sitting in my pail. for me to think wat to do w it.

i got no energy or mood to cry even

and best, i m going to india end sep
luckily still got some stash at aunt's. but dunno how much.... later go n take stock

youpi,
sayang L!! your heart must hv stopped several times. yes yes i like your conclusion of laying off hsework for a while

Pb

U know I am not the jab-happy sort but I gave mine pneumococcal when we started him at Sunday sch when he's 1. Has poppy done this?

PB,

We are still doing fine. Still happy to stay as one.
happy.gif
apart from the occasional braxton hicks and back aches, i am still pretty mobile. tomorrow going facial. probably will arrange a hair spa this friday.
happy.gif

As for jabs, i gave everything, pnemococcal, 5 in 1 (or is it 6 in one, cant remember), hep a, hep b, rotavirus, chicken pox, mmr, even flu jab (but not the H1n1). But for those compulsory ones, I am not sure, I just gave everything under the sun. :p

Mich,

I think diet plan causes your body to be weak la.. haha.. as long cut carbo, i think eating meat is ok ba.
happy.gif

Doggiebb
Pneumococcal sounds familiar, yes
happy.gif

Batgirl
You are hilarious with your "we are happy to stay as one". Enjoy your facial! Hair spa, wow I (suaku) have never been for one. Sounds heavenly

Today I am thinking: it's really silly to stay on in a job just cos the job scope is interesting, right? There are many more aspects to consider, like boss and colleagues and the tiredness from all the travelling right? I feel so torn. Tomorrow I turn 6 months old here. How time flies. I'm sure I could tahan another 6 months. But if the very thought of it repulses me, then is it really worth it, I wonder.

L sends big big hugs and kisses to all the gorgeous aunties and his bb friends, and says "Thank You!" for the concern
happy.gif

Mich you say the most encouraging things, thank you, you made me feel A LOT better
happy.gif
We don't have a PT helper. Ah J and Mr Ah J are the domestic help around here ;p

Cellow
Oh dear! *Sayang* Use as foot bath, face bath, body bath etc. That's what I did with mine last time. Good thing you have great supply, you'll be able to replenish in no time (visualise rivers of milk as you pump).

Cin_bunny
Your "sitting at the back of the sofa" brought back many many memories, hehe.

PB
Can you do a similar job scope in a different company? If so, why not let go of this and look for something else? Since Bluebunny is starting work soon, it should be okay, right?

And I thought I'd typed it already but obviously not:
The thing about this Jul08 thread is that the women on it are really great. The support and help and sharing here is wonderful. And i hope that this will continue for a long long time till our kids get tired of hearing how they got to know each other because their mummies met on some forum during the (for them) dark ages. *Group hug!*
happy.gif

just popped in to join in the *GROUP HUG* :D

some of u may remember us standing in a row wiv tummys purposely pushed out 2 years plus ago...

Group hug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like! :p

Shhh
I'm applying for jobs because life is too short to feel miserable at work. I've come to the conclusion that I don't have to prove to anything to anyone and if I'm really unhappy then it is me, and my family, that suffers. So what's the point?

Youpi
I was lucky (haha, so ironic) to be given this job scope because I actually applied for something else but they found that I was very interested and reasonably capable in this field. However I do not have any formal training and background so it might be hard getting the same job elsewhere.

But I am repeating to myself that I am an intelligent and creative woman, and I can and will find a job I enjoy!

Yes Bluebunny is going back to work, but it is on contract basis, so it's a good step but not exactly my fairy tale ending.

But my darling Bluebunny said the nicest thing to me today. Something to the effect of "Just quit today so that you serve a shorter notice and can get out of there and out of her reach. You don't need a replacement job immediately. Don't worry about money. We can manage.".

Awwwww.....

Group hug!!!!!

Pb bluebunny is really nice to say that!

Doggiebb, yeah agree it's wed! Mid week but I am not counting down to weekend, rather counting down to the end of confinement! I need to be able to bathe n wash my hair properly in order to feel normal again. But having said that I wonder how will I cope being alone with bb when cl leaves. Hmmmm challenging

*runs into GROUP HUG*

someone sent me a message ystday after my cry over split milk to encourage me, i really appreciate that.

my right boob decided to listen to me and produced 260ml of milk just now. YAY!!!!

youpi,
to date, S is the only small person who visited my home and put away all the toys after that. he is really so sweet! and the way he came up to stand beside me for a hug when you asked him to say bye.... awwww.
you are raising the boys w a lot of love, and tis catching!

jace,
bathe and wash hair properly, the day will come!
you started your postnatal massage already?

hmm, are batgirl and batangel still staying as one? i like that turn of phrase
happy.gif

Group hug for me too!!!!
even though kayden was born in april...

Cellow,
your boob is amazing...

haha, yesterday someone reminded me of the baby bonus which i posted in Jan.. now waiting to collect money..

Ok, I think the thread zoomed too fast for me to catch up this time. So here are some of my highlights.

smiggle,
Congrats! Do take good care of yourself ok?

doggiebb,
Eh, what's the address and name of that salad place? In case I ever pop by there, however unlikely
happy.gif

youpi,
Thank goodness L is alright. I think my heart would have stopped too.
And yes, I agree with Cellow that your boys are amazing. If Declan grows up to be half as good as them, I will be thankful already.

Cellow,
Jiayou jiayou! Don't think about the milk anymore. I'm sure your very obedient boobs are making up the shortfall now.

PB,
Why don't you just pop to your clinic and ask if Poppy's updated with all the jabs? That should be the simplest I think. And that's exactly what I'll do when it's time for Dec to go to school.
And yes, life's too short to be miserable. You go girl!

Group hug too!!

Hello mummies!!
I'm back from Penang. The vacation is pretty ok since the hotel is nice. Lols. Food wise - I'm not sure why is it so famous. I think the food in Singapore is much better.

During the plane ride back to SG:
Ashley: Daddy, please give me the DS (Nintendo DS)
Daddy:... (I guess he didn't hear her)
Ashley: Daddy.... please give me the DS
Emma: Jie jie NO DS!!!!
Ashley: Daddy... my DS please..
Emma: Emma say NO DS!!
Emma: Daddy I want DS
Ashley:....

Batgirl
Not sure about maxi cosi. I'm using britax and it's pretty good. In fact Emma is still using Ashley's we bought 9 yrs ago and it's still working perfectly.

Cellow
Praying for your friend's boy. Hopefully they'll find a donor for him asap.

*pat pat* about your BM. Jia You!!!

Dordor
Really? I don't think you look fierce.

Smiggle
Congratulations!!! Start drinking the fish oil and also folic acid. I think free to eat anything as long as in moderation!! And enjoy your pregnancy!
Hmm gain weight? Mebbe drink lots of double boiled soup? Have plenty of rest and don't carry Kayden for the time being.

Youpi
Sayang L. Wow that must be really scary for you. It's like what I was feeling when Emma fell to the planter balcony sometimes back. Glad L is ok.

I hope I'm not too late for the GROUP HUG!!! *HUGGGSSSS*

Cellow
I would like to say "hug to your boob for job well done" but that would just sound so wrong wouldn't it
happy.gif

Oh my new name at work is now "dumping ground".

Poppy's first day at playschool today! I'm happy to update that eyes are dry all around. According to bluebunny, poppy is a bit like "huh? What's happening?" and not so used to being in confined space for so long (it's raining so no playground time) but is generally ok.

What a morning it's been for my heart.

sd,
those conversations between sibs on sharing are just sooooo amazing to hear.
happy.gif

PB,
*blink blink*
the phrasing is a bit strange. but i know the meaning behind your sentence. thanks!
dry eyes are good. bluebunny is with her for the first day?

Cellow conclude: your boob IQ is definitely higher than mine! Give your boobs a big pat :p

Mine still trying to make ends meet over here hahaha

PB wow thats quite fast that poppy is in school already. Hope she adjusts well! But must really monitor coz really will fall ill more often. Xun gal nv quite have a period of ill-free time such that she has not taken all the boosters yet!! she is either coughing, having a flu or some kind of stomach upset. Sigh. thats the bad thing abt gg to school/cc i guess.

Cellow, seriously when at work, time flies; during confinement, time crawls! Oh btw u ordered chicken rice for C2's full month right? min how many pax? Whats the link ah? Wanna take a look. Going to just have a small celebration but lazy to cook so tot of ordering some stuff.

Cellow
Jace's comment about "give ur boobs a big pat even funnier right?" lol!

Yupyup. Bluebunny is with her on day 1. Last I checked, not keen on food, only wanted milk, and everybody else sleeping liao but she was "helping" the teachers set up the lantern decor Haha.

Sdchick
So funny re the DS conversation!

Got new name for my boss. Cylon. From battlestar galletica. The universe's population is apparently divided into 2 groups: human and cylon (non humans).

Jace
You comment on giving the boobs a big pat is so funny hahahaha. Must buy expensive boob cream to sayang them!!!

Cellow
Ya.. lately I found the little one is sometimes so mean to the jie jie. kekeke..

PB
CYLON = non humans LOLLLLLs

PB
at least u have a chance to get out..
now that im pregnant, its hard to change job..
i had to turn down an interview...

poppy will get used soon.. it took 3 days before kayden decide to sleep with everyone else...

sd,
my little one at 5mo is also bullying his korkor. will HHMMMMMMPH loudly at korkor when korkor takes the toy out of his sight.
can faint. soooo young already bully his elder brother.

but C1 keeps running away w C2's bolsters and his toys. hard to tell who is at fault.

jace,
that... sounds even more wrong. *blink*
wee nam kee. along the same road as TMC. let me see if Mr C still has the contact. he puts a lot of amazing rubbishy (to me) details in his pda phone.
chix rice was for C1's baptism. C2's first month celeb was at Big Ben's pies in opera estate.

pb,
cylon. bwahahhaha.
wat abt oorks fm 'lord of the rings'?

in telecon now for the india trip. the date looms near. *insert deary music*

Back