(2008/07) July 2008

lunch lunch - me me! (unless last minute meeting pops up :p)

kko kko nara
57 Tras Street

14 Jul
1. michelle
2. smiggle
3. doggiebb
4. Jacelyn - can i meet someone at the MRT???
5. cin_bunny

I cannot make it for yummy korean chix wings next wed! =...(

wah SAM I wanna go too but got class til 11am leh..

Thumbs up for pb starting her baby making machine again..
happy.gif

mich..must ask u..do u think it will be tough for e-boy to handle family matters alone next time with no siblings so share the burden or confide in?

dd having doubts over your one child policy har? Of course there are million and one things to worry. As far as possible I will plan such that I have minimum burden on eboy. Plus my siblings are close so much so that the cousins will be so close so much so that they can share whatever they can with one another. Plus, I think by the time he needs to worry about this two old folks, he would be old enough to learn to offload his worry to his girlfriend/wife which will be 'appeoved' by me. Hee hee Hee.

So in a nutshell, there are endless worry as far as one or two children is concerned. I've seen really bad sibling rivalry too so I will also worry when have two. So.

Cellow
Eh, I have no problems with what she said lah. It's okay. People in Singapore tend to assume that everyone has a maid and a car. Fact of life
happy.gif

Youpi
I second that! Out of the 5 (or is it 6, 7 or 8 now?) Cs, I only have 1 I think! Plus no prestigious local U degree. Tsk tsk. I really am branded a "failure" by local standards!

Re SAM
I can't view the links! Some kind soul tell me what it says please? What's happening at SAM!

DD
I'm not starting the engine again until I get confirmation that they don't want me. I suddenly thought of the perfect ABBA song for this:

Dear company x,
Love me or leave me
That's your choice, but believe me
I love you!
I do I do I do I do I do

:D

LOL to PB!

Thanks mich! Need to garner more support for this one child policy..kena cornered by my own parents + in-laws + hbwho didn't stand up for me last weekend!

Sesame street Anyone?

DD
Yup I brought her during the time it was museum week I think. When it was free entry hehe. I'm not sure I can make it in time cos I'm playing mj on fri night :D bluebunny said "maybe you will be in time to meet the mums for lunch la"

kko kko nara
57 Tras Street

14 Jul
1. michelle
2. smiggle
3. doggiebb
5. cin_bunny
6. qing (don leave me out la.)

hmmpf
i cant go to the museum....

hmmm... maybe i can meet for lunch?
ahhhhh... what time is lunch?
and where is that place?

kko kko nara
57 Tras Street

14 Jul
1. michelle
2. smiggle
3. doggiebb
5. cin_bunny
6. qing (don leave me out la.)
7. sy

Hee mummies, finally got time to update on our progress.

Michelle
thanks for the mover contact. they did a GREAT job!!! very professional. i think they were quite stunned by how much stuff we had. we were quoted abt 30 boxes but in the end moved 40 boxes, plus it was raining so they moved our items from 12 to 6. and though they were rushing for next job, they still made sure everything was done properly.

now i m FREE!!! the kids are more or less settled in cc. though jx will cry when i leave, she will stop cryiing in abt a min or so. i will hide one corner and leave when i hear her stop crying. she has attached herself to one particular teacher and lets her shower her and follows her ard. she is also doing her montessori work. i saw her feeding herself over lunch and i felt like crying!!

as for jh, he found a talking buddy and doesn't want to go home everyday! mornings will complaing abt going sch but afternoons will complain abt going home.

Awww sy, so glad to hear the kids are setting well in cc! I know what u mean - we worry when our kids can't do certain things (like self feed) but when they actually do it, we feel a stab in our hearts seeing them do such grown up things. That's how it is for me anyway!

Hey I was at Orchid Country Club today so went to kaypoh at the little skool house there. My gawd it was gorgeous! Huge outdoor playground and huge indoor gym (I think can just leave poppy there all day and she'd be happy). They bring the kids out twice a week either to the playground or for a swim in the really nice pool

I a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y love it. But bluebunny, being the practical man he is, say I siao cos it's so out of the way. Well it's a detour on my way to work so not entirely out... But it will be a hassle la. Unless got car :S

What price, good childcare?

Aiyoh on mrt I just gave my seat to a suspiciously preggie lady. Lucky she accepted and never hit me with her handbag saying "you say I fat is it?!! *#*$+@*"

DD
haha if your own hb didn't stand up for the one-child-policy, does that mean he wants more?

i am actually wavering a little towards the one-child-policy myself.

but but but but but, you really got to listen to that small little voice speaking from your heart. if it's even so much as whispering to you to have another one, then you gotta think about it.

michelle's all decided and steadfast and unwavering. so it's not like one day when ethan is 10 she's gonna turn around and say she wished she had another one. if you have second thoughts now, that may jolly well happen later! (i had a few ex-colls who decided to try again after their kids are in primary school, then cannot, all sorts of issues)

and about sharing the family burden.... from what i've observed from my male friends, if they are family oriented, they won't mind shouldering everything. if they are not family oriented, they couldn't be bothered at all. and they don't need the emotional support all that much also? it's like, they don't suffer emotionally if they are the only child vs if they had a sibling to share thoughts with? when my father was in icu, i didn't like being the only one sitting by his bed watching over him, i was scared of everything. but my brother had no issues doing his 'shift' y'know? he didn't need me there, didn't need me to listen to him, etc.

oh what a long piece this is! but if your only child is a girl, you might want to have a second one. since gordon is a boy, you don't really need to worry so much.

SY
glad to hear they are both doing well in cc. i'm still looking around for something for pomfret. oh pass me the mover contact that michelle passed you. hopefully i get to use it end of the year (coz right now hb thinks we're gonna just move everything OURSELVES)

PB
orchid country club is rather...out of the way! hahah. didn't you say carpe diem near hort park is good too? that's nearer your bunny nest yes?

Good for sy's kids settling down..now u can look for job without worrying for them..

Pb: occ IS far hehe

am I the only paranoid mama..who dun allow anyone but me to bring bbG down to a pool..n would never buy a Penthouse wiv a jacuzzi for fear if drowning incidents!

Qing which class is Barbie attending ah? We juz attended our first last sat 9am n bbG had a good time!

Dustee..hb's indifferent but doesn't wanna help wiv the bb caring n bottle washing!

N u r so right Abt boys not really needing another sibling to share feelings n all..so says my hb too..I grew up wiv 2 sisters n we r all girls so I guess that's different..(though I feel youpi's boys r the exception n very loving in my perception)

Oklah set lah! Affirmed my decision in a one boy policy..

Dustee,
we used to think we want a 1 child policy too .. But in Singapore it's tough coz when you have siblings , anything happen to your parents there is always some one to discuss and to share the burden with.. Many of my friends also came to realize this as well.. Hb's friend's dad pass away and his friend was the only son.. Has to bear the hospitalization cost, the funeral .. And all.. It's tough...

DD
I just logged on and scrolled to the last post and my jaw dropped lor. Thank you for that vote of confidence about my boys! I will remember it when (i) #2 is sitting on top of #1 and refuses to budge, (ii) #1 pushes #2 down because he is in the way, (iii) either one is trying to pry something out of the other's grasp, with both whining, screaming, or crying ;P

One child, two children or more: I believe the child will grow and adapt to cope with his circumstances
happy.gif

PB
OCC - did it use to be Pat's Schoolhouse?

SY
Glad to hear that Jx and Jh are settling well. You must be so relieved. Which cc are they in?

Hey you guys!! *ala The Electric Company*

absent for far too long but wanted to say Hi and hope everyone's doing well. Congrats to mummies who've added 1 more to the family in the meantime too!

Our babies are 2 already! Hope you all had/will have a wonderful celebration.

A little update: we've moved overseas last Dec and life's been about juggling work, Sebi and housework... perpetual fatigue la. Hope I'll have more time to catch up abit here... there are just too many posts to read
happy.gif

I was serious, Youpi.. i find S very matured n sensitive..can picture him breaking hearts wiv his words next time..;)

maybe I've never seen them squabbling before too, that's why.
happy.gif

hi sparrows! Didn't know u moved to Germany! How's summer so far? So what kinda kindy is sebi attending now? BbG's only going for those once a weekend parent accompanied playgroups now..

PB, Dustee, Youpi
they are at little wonders. actually i have some concerns over the teachers but since they are settling well i will give and take a bit. jh's teachers are fine but jx's one a bit cannot make it. her chinese teacher can't even speak properly and she mixes with english during lessons! that is a huge NO NO for me. and today when jx din follow instruction, she said that jx not a good girl. teachers shd not label kids. i will speak to the principal when she's back.

and her teachers english are also a bit....hmmmm leaves much to be desired. maybe i shdn't spend so much time observing them...haha

Dustee
will pass u the contact. tell your hb that u can't possibly move everything by yourself! it is impossible!!! we moved 40 boxes of stuff plus all our furniture...can u imagine how tough that is to do on our own.....

Dustee ,
if you do not have much things to shift.. Should be fine shifting on your own.. When we first shifted to our place.. We only pack our clothes and books.. As for furniture .. We directly purchase new ones .. So only about 10 over boxes and we just shift them bit by bit ..
Now we are looking a round to shift too but so far none that we really like thus our family had grown so area needed is much bigger.. Our current place is looking more like toy store..places near my mom place are mainly landed and personally I dun like landed as I have been staying fir 30over years very sick of monkeys , snakes and bats.. Rats too... O would prefer condo or apartment but so far no luck .. Those that I really like is near my mil (balestier) .. Haiz who want to stay near her..only her side has area of at least 1800-2000sqf.. But not in a hurry coz want to wait for no3 to finish preschool here..

dustee
i agree with SY. don't move by yourself! when we moved, we mobilised some friends. then gave them a good dinner treat after. BUT that was when i could borrow the company van to drive, and we didn't have poppy at that time. ya, me, drive van. can you imagine? can hardly touch the pedals

sparrows
hellooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youpi
not sure if it used to be pat's.

i know, i know. it's incredibly out of the way for me. but the naggy voice in my heart says 'but it's kinda on the way to work.....'.

carpe diem is great but in the opposite direction of going to work. unless uncle toto decides to give me a gift soon, a car is out of the question

One child policy:
Im kinda leaning towards that policy. I used to want 2 children, but its so hard to get the engine started again.

Ohayoo gozaimasu BBP! R u back or still there? Had a good time?

Hb dun wanna go museum, so maybe we will go tomorrow after class..u ladies still going? Maybe I'll be in time to join u for early lunch n walk around myself after dat?

Oh ya..stayed up last nite browsing thru bp's...saw so many cute Korean streetwear for kiddos!

Pb..saw affordable leggings (like leg warmers kind) and some 3/4 kinds..

SAM
Stupid hubby wants to play tennis tomorrow morning AND wants to join us at SAM. So by the time he finishes, i think we can only reach at 10.30-10.45am thereabouts.. you all go in first and I will go in to hunt for you all when i reach, k?

Not sure about lunch too cos the stoopid hubby say, all mummy dun want lah... so.

Dustee, you need a mover lah. very easy. they give you boxes, you pack. put one side. within a few hours, everything OUT! and especially if you have furnitures, they place nicely at your new place for you... this mover is nice. I told them maybe 10odd boxes, in the end I have 40boxes! (just books alone we had 10 boxes - LOL). Unless.... you want to antagonise your Monster-in-law.. let her heartache each time she see her sweet son taking one.box.by.one.box out of the house... idea? hee....

Eboy said DOG!!
happy.gif

PB, when the kids are almost 3, you can consider for them to take school bus to a school that aint too far. Think poppy is independent and have the confidence to cope!

One child policy
i think only money and my health gonna stop me from havin more babies..

Dd
the museum can be quite fast, i finished it in an hr cos kayden was too much for me to handle..
those whith hubby gion, each adult ticket cost $10 unless, u all take turns to switch and go in..

PB
let poppy take school bus??

Lunch at Food for Thought, must reserve seats cos very popular ah...
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/food_for_thought_queen_street/

So funny DD getting the vote of "one boy policy" confidence here... btw, this has to be a JOINT decision hor.. for my case, both Mr and Mrs Mich have the same policy. SHould one day Mr change his mind, Mrs Mich also ok one.

But for now, its still one eboy!
happy.gif

and DD ah DD, need to chill a bit lah! (about the jacuzzi and pool thingy -LOL). : )

PB
school bus is good actually. it helps them adjust faster. if jx's sch has school bus vacancy, i dun mind letting her take. can save her all the crying when i drop her off!!

Dustee
the movers are good at packing. in fact when they came, some of our items not packed yet. so they got those big crates for us to put some of our items so no need to pack. hee i wanted to suggest they shd offer a packing service cos they are the experts....

bbp
get your engine starting soon! if wait too long, will really feel too comfy to start. last time i told myself if i dun have #2 by the time jh turns 2, i will not have a second one.....

mummies
now that the kids are in sch, i feel that i have so much time! but somehow not utilizing it well....seem to be lazing ard or just doing little silly things....

Sparrows
Hellooooo! You're in Germany? I will be transiting at Frankfurt for almost two hours next month. Want anything from here?

SY
Let yourself relax and rest for a bit first
happy.gif
You're so brave. I think about putting kids in cc but know that I won't be able to tahan the separation. Agree that teachers should have proper language standards, especially since the children are with them the whole day and will definitely pick up lots from them!

Bbp
Agree with SY. Start the engine!

SAM
Enjoy! We went last month so will not be joining in this time.

hi sparrows!!!!!

quick one re lunch on 14 jul
if i come, will be with C2 in ergo.
any kind soul can scoop food into my plate? hot pot rite?

alamak wassap wiv this forum man!

ooh... if mr mich wants another bb, mrs mich will go for it ah? good good! me... I only want one, mr bbG has no say since he dun wanna help! hahaha

smiggleP: oh.. so if u r all going at 10am... will finish by 11am? think i'll only get there at 11plus... but since mich is running late... shall we all meet at 1130am first then? Then eat lunch first, later only jalan jalan together? how to reserve seats at makan area? call? or chope wiv tissue paper? :p

mich.. i know i'm super paranoid and kancheong.. i even worry about whoever has to walk him to school next time.. will they cross the road while looking properly...

wah school bus? i must take one step at a time haha

tell u all a secret... before bbG days.. i used to worry.. what if there was a fire and my MIL forgot to bring my doggie along when she runs for safety.. and that kept me worried and awake at nite hahaha! *blush*

SY so r u gonna look for a full time job now? ur hb is back in old co right?

TGIF!

cellow dear - i will scope lots of food for you
happy.gif
..i cant wait to see handsome c2
happy.gif

hi sparrows!! how's life treating you there?

SY - enjoy the break for now la..u hv been working soo hard
happy.gif

tgif indeed!

Oh ya dustee ,,
I totally forgot about your mil.. In that case you should get a mover.. But make sure your bil is not around on the day you shift...

Youpi,
is SAM suitable for 2 yo?

Pb,
my cousin's kids are at Occ .. Heard that it is clean and nice.. But won't it be out of the way for you?

Michelle,
tell your hb that he will not be the only guy .. Coz cellow bringing c1 and c2.. Wahaha...
Yay!! Eboy for saying dog.. Mine only goes knock knock when u as him.. The dog says? .. Rolled eyes@@@

Esq
the museum is suitable for 2yrs and above though the 4yrs & above will understand more.. but we need to hold them in certain rooms so that they dont destroy the exhibit!!

there are alot of space for them to run abt..
At $10, its a cheap thrill la..

DD
yes, can call and reserve or we just reserve when we reach the museum at 10.30am...

DD
Totally understand your paranoia. I am also like that! In cars or taxis I will think about what steps to take to safety (best way to unlatch belts, grab boys, open car door and fling ourselves out) should something happen. I have also pondered about how to escape a burning flat by Ergo-ing one child and Bjorn-ing or slinging the other. Not so much these days lah, more so when #2 was a small baby and could not move.

E Sq
Yes, E2 can enjoy as well. Lots for them to look at, to touch, and to interact with. My boys also enjoyed the Philatelic Museum. That's another one that is very child-friendly.

youpi and DD

when i was in taipei, we took a boat to yu ren ma tou (fisherman's wharf). that boat ride was the most terrifying boat ride in my entire life. it was worse than a roller coaster, even the locals on board were screaming! we were like literally being thrown into the air and then come crashing down. talia was very very scared and kept asking me what was happening. thaddie was like immobilised with fear. those who were outside dashed in completely drenched. I was clutching both of them so hard that afterwards i got a cramp in both my arms and thinking furiously in my heart, are there enough life jackets, should i put the life jacket on me first or on them, how to stay afloat if i am grabbing two. that was how scared i am and i just kept praying and praying and the 15 mins boat ride took forever.

then there is the problem of needing to go back again. my whole family were green in the face and nobody could eat any dinner. we headed back after 30 mins and this time, i prayed and ask GOD to give us a smooth ride back. and miraculously the return journey was sooo smooth, its unbelievable! even talia said how come the boat is not shaking? I told her God answered the prayers of a very frightened mummy!

youpi! your post of how to escape the burning flat triggered this very long post muahahah! but my youngest sister who is experiencing some challenges in her life had tears in her eyes when i turned around and told her, isn't our God very real?

SAM 8Q

I think i will go about 10-ish and head inside first and wait for you guys to come later. cos i want to be home 1-ish for the children to take their naps.

ok re SAM 8Q on sat
my stoooopid hb also say dowan to eat lunch w a whole bunch of mummies. then he read and saw that Mr Mich and Mr Jace might be coming. he is rapidly thinking of another excuse not to eat lunch... i can tell....
in the end, i think i will only go for the museum. by ourselves, the C famiy. *pout*
but i do understand that Mr C wants family time to be uninterrupted family time. bcz if he were to propose an weekend outing w the kids then say btw, i m bringing all my frens along, i think i will also have some reservations.

so wat time does the museum open?

cinbunny,
awwwwwwwwww. *touched* or as my pretend-cheena fren will say - wo3 bei4 mo1 le4!!!!! hahahaha.

ooh! cellow and the C's are joining us for SAM! thought u were talking about kho kho! yayy!

dun worry.. I play the single mother role very often too.. due to my anti-social HB!

museum opens at 10 I believe.. I'll be there at 11plus... qing mei come along too lah!

one child policy
Hmm I agree with Rena. Having a sibling is definitely a plus. My MIL is in the hospital right now. My hb family is really close to each other so they depend on each other when the mum was sick.
I'm so lucky I have Emma. I was waiting initially waiting for 3 years before the second one but was having problem conceiving. Finally the second one came after 7 long years!

Sparrows
It's been a long time! Saw your pictures on FB. Which part of Germany are you? My sister and brother are both in Germany too.

SY
Good that both kids are adjusting well in cc!

Jacelyn
Thanks for the Fairprice flyer. Time to stock on the diapers kekeke.

Dustee
The moving is not a big problem. The biggest problem for me actually to pack and unpack!! (more unpacking - I still have a few boxes left - dunno where to put.)

SAM
I'll try to make it tomorrow. Cuz my nephew and niece are here too so I have to watch over 4 kids!!

Doggiebb
OMG the boat ride sounded so scary!! Glad the trip back was smooth. I hate taking boats. I always ended up feeling sick!

dd,
i WAS talking abt kho kho on 14 Jul. when i buay pai sah asked who was gonna help me scoop lunch when C2 is in the ergo.
then somehow turned into cellow is coming for SAM on 10 jul (tmr), so i turned around and asked Mr C.... and the rest of the converstion w Mr C is as abv lor.

Back