(2008/07) July 2008

Oh japan japan I would love to go again.... I need another holiday!!!!

Mummies, eboy can say ball ball! Yay!! I know, it's late but still, as long as there's increase in vocab, there's no need for further tests about him not talking!! Yay!!!

Yawn, tues only??? Any lunch today? Tmr again also can. Anyone?

Lunch 6jul
Michelle

hello mummies..
suddenly the thread is active again??

Qing
thanks but i dont have paypal acct...
Happy bdae
happy.gif

Lunch
where???

Sesame street
when????

Haiz, yesterday doctor said Kayden showing traits of mild autism.. gonna see physcologist..
worryin worryin..
and these few days so not happy with my hubby, just realise he's been hiding things from me.. trusting him is so hard now...
anyone of u feels like me, like u are having only a weekend husband??

smiggle, based on what did the doctor said that? cos signs of autism cannot be ascertained at this age. minimum 3 yr old. tho delay in speech is one of the symptom that is why I worry for eboy, but my Pd said there are many other signs to look out for and plus they are too young to have anything conclusive. so don't worry too much!!

hubby hiding things..
recalled you wrote something on this recently. what kind of things? everybody has got secrets loh. so it really depends.. if its something that you need him to be completely honest about, you have to tell him... its difficult to juggle between work and family, so if you do feel that he is not spending time (justified) with you both, again, you have to talk loh! communicate!

maybe we both can have lunch together.. bugis? :p

Michelle
ya, the doctor saw him throwing tantrum la...

my hubby went drinkin and hid it from me, esp when i call him and and its not one time.. its many times..
i saw his bill amounting to $4000 plus, which he said was shared among 4 frens.. he thinks its rite and ok..

wa, ur workplace very far rite??
u can come bugis??

im fine with city or bugis
happy.gif

anyone else...

Quick one. Bbp, roppongi is great for cheap and good food!!!

Smiggle
What is he hiding? Talk it out ok? And why does pd suspect what he does?

can't make it for lunch today.. but tomorrow can :D

my colleague's son aged 2.5 yo also was told he shows some traits.. and was recommended to go for further assessments.. but these assessments are not cheap man!

handling relationships is not easy huh (not just the hb but siblings or family too).. yet we can't possibly cage our loved ones up 24 hours a day or watch them like a hawk.. go through all sorts of 'environments'.. causing the more vulnerable ones to change or be tempted easily.. be it money or women or whatever bad vices..

mich is right... it takes both to put in effort and communicate honestly to make things work

now that we have grown up and seen the real world.. you realise nothing is 100% soundproof.. anything can happen so we must be able to stand on our own two feet and not be 100% dependent on anyone..

At the moment, Kayden's vocab is only abt 5 words.
and this has remained the same for the past few mths. even when he starts to learn a new word, he forgot one of the old word, and refuse to say the words again..
this is wat the worryin trait is according to the doctor. and the therapy is of not much help at all..
she recommend we see the physcologist and do full assessment, then we will get referal to maybe a special school of private therapist if necessary...

at the same time, i went for gynae check. seems that im ok to have another one.. so gynae recommend to take folic tablets..
Qing!! U better be taking folic too!!!

But now with Kayden's situation and my hubby's behaviour, hard to think of #2 leh.

ok loh, then we meet for lunch tomorrow.

7 Jul
michelle
DD
Qing

who else?

why throwing tantrum is a sign of autism? so non-conclusive one. I still think the our kids are too young to go for full tests. it may be non-conclusive, time-consuming and may be repeated when they are older. do think carefully.

smiggle, could your hubby not be telling you cos he knows that by telling you the truth, you will stop him? is it the cost issue, the healthe issue, or simply that too much drinking takes time away? or a combination of all? be clear about your expectations on him and work out a workable solution so that if he wants to drink, it will be within what you both agree then maybe he wont hide it from you loh..

So right about what DD say.. we must stand on our two feet no matter what. Men, especially Men, will err some point in time. ITs always us, women, to forgive and forget. so, be independent and dependent at the same time (to make them feel needed, some ego thingy)... its so difficult!

hi mummies,

can i check if u noe wat are e rates for ROYCE kids gym on weekends? there's also some membership fee to be paid? cracking my head on where to bring caitlyn to this saturday on her bday.. figured she may like explore a new play gym.. haha.. she's already done the luge at sentosa, duck tour, etc coz of e gor gor.. haha

Crystal
$50 for membership and 12$ for every visit. So far all the kids I know who have been there love it
happy.gif
wow she has gone for luge? Cool!

Has anyone been to koh samui? Any family friendly hotels to rec?

Girls, extremely demoralised bunny checking in. Just realised that all my efforts, and my work, have been claimed by "someone" under "someone"'s credit stash

And to summarise my furstration, let's just say that talk is cheap but to listeners who don't know better, it seems to be worth millions

Got 2 green ikea round kids mammut tables and 10 stools from same range. Used and not for fussies but going cheap if anyone wants. Collection pt bedok

PB
Just saw an ad for the new Banyan Tree in Samui. Opening special offer: stay 3 nights pay 2, stay 4 pay 3. $1358 (adult), $278 (child) - exluding taxes and fuel surcharge. Includes b'fast, transfers, flight on Bangkok Airways. Additional perks for stay 4 pay 3: 90-min spa session for two. Early bird upgrade: book and pay 30 days in advance to get an upgrade to the next villa category.

Re: work - go chiong for the one that your heart desires!

Smiggle
Go for the assessment if it makes you feel better and gives you peace of mind. Like Mich said, our toddlers are still young. And they are at the age where tantrums are common. L has only just started saying more words recently.

Cellow
Wanted to talk to you earlier about this but forgot. I was in touch via email with bmsg but I pulled out as I have to bring both boys with me and I cannot guarantee that they will not cause any disruptions. The lady asked me to bring my (non-existent) maid along to look after them, haha.

Sesame Street show
What? Where? When?

Show Sypnosis

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Introducing Abby Cadabby, the newest Muppet on Sesame Street joins Elmo, Zoe and all of her other furry and feathered friends in asking “What do you want to be when you grow up?” as they prepare for a pageant on Sesame Street. Get ready to sing, dance and dream when Sesame Street Live "When Elmo Grows Up" performs in September 2010! When Elmo and his Sesame Street Live friends think about growing up, it's a musical show-and-tell!

Bert dreams of becoming a forest ranger, Telly longs to be a cowboy and their newest friend, Abby Cadabby, wants to be a Fairy Godmother just like her mommy. Elmo thinks about becoming a 'weather monster,' but has a hard time predicting his own forecast--he wants to be anything and everything all at once! "When Elmo Grows Up" includes lessons on perseverance, teamwork and the power of imagination. Children will learn that if they believe in themselves and are willing to try, the possibilities are endless.

DATE
10-12 Sep 2010
Fri to Sat - 11am, 3pm & 7pm

Fri 10 Sep 2010 - 3pm & 7pm
Sat 11 Sep 2010 - 11am, 3pm & 7pm
Sun 12 Sep 2010 - 3pm

DURATION
Approx 1 hr 25 mins

INTERVAL
Approx 15 mins

VENUE(S)
Singapore Indoor Stadium

TICKET PRICE (EXCLUDE BOOKING FEE)
Standard - S$90 (VIP - Meet and Greet), S$75, S$60, S$45, S$30, S$15

that's the sesame street show thingie. you can search it at the sistic website.

do you think our kiddos would love it? or it'll be completely too cheem for them? (plus indoor stadium so big, they'd all be quite far from the stage even for vip seats no?)

there is another one for those with older kiddos, called "upstairs in the sky". again, search sistic for details. interactive play theatre.

crystal
royce currently has a promotion. new membership at $50, you get one free hour.

pb
well, go for the one where you really love the company! well, just send in the application and go for the interviews anyway. you never know, it might even pay higher than this job where the credit never goes to you ....ahem.

think if our kiddos recognise the characters, they may like it...

anyone wanna go together? OCBC platinum mastercard holders get 20% off! :D

hurry... before tix sell out!

Hey youpi tks for typing that whole para! It's a good deal but way outta my budget :p we prob going to samui for 800+ for the THREE of us for 3 nights!

Mums of princesses
Where to buy leggings? Not stockings kind but the capri but skin tight kind for our kiddos? I think it'll be very useful at play gyms like royce

Re work
What my heart desires is company X but it seems company X may want to hire someone more junior, my spy tells me. Oh well. Then I won't have to choose
happy.gif
it's easier when one is not in hot demand haha

Hey youpi tks for typing that whole para! It's a good deal but way outta my budget :p we prob going to samui for 800+ for the THREE of us for 3 nights!

Mums of princesses
Where to buy leggings? Not stockings kind but the capri but skin tight kind for our kiddos? I think it'll be very useful at play gyms like royce

My boss now... I worked my a** off all day (while other colleagues chat chat chat) on a project. I alrd did much more than I was supposed to but still she said "why didn't u include xxxxx". Honestly, would it really kill anyone to recognise quality work? I could keep patting myself on the back but my arm is really getting tired

gap usually have lots of those leggings on sale right?

anyone wanna royce this sat? wonder if we should pop by after our class ends at 11am or would the bb KO?

glance through the postings and saw lunch today!

WHERE?

back from HOT HOT HOT taipei! 38 degrees celsius! even the breeze is scalding hot!

the kids enjoyed the AIR CON taipei 101, and the AIR CON gugong! the outdoor excursion trips...errr.. OH they enjoyed the night markets too!

but to take care of their everyday needs singlehandedly by myself is very satisfying even though tiring! and our next trip will be to a COLD COLD place! MUST! *sweat*

morning
garfield,
why your mil so kaypoh one. you are not even her daughter to scold as she pleases. *black face her!!!!*

youpi,
that's fine. i will feedback that not all mums have maids to look after the children while undergoing counselling training. mayb she din mean it the way it sounded.... anyway will still feedback

straw,
a short and concise birth story! but how did you feel?

*pat pb on the back*
so that you wont get arm ache...
happy.gif
fm patting yourself on the back

happy birthday to all our Terrific Twos! (and qing mei mei
happy.gif
)

On Batgrandpa,

He is ok liao. Thanks for all the well wishes! :D He even went out yesterday (without his dentures as they broke during the fall). So it really seems he is all hale and hearty again!
happy.gif

Mich,

thanks for the lobang on swensons! Will go take a look this weekend! also found one in Bengawan Solo, so we go and see the choices first.
happy.gif

Qing mei mei,

Happy birthday!
happy.gif
Nemo cake as in the clown fish in "Finding Nemo"
happy.gif

Jacelyn,

WAT! 9 more weeks! me no further either....*bite nails on thoughts of sleepless nites all over* haha.. but at the same time I cant wait to see my little girl. :p Tummy is expanding fast... start to feel itchy and heavy now. Weight has been increasing steadily too. Hiaz, doctor ask me to cut down liao... already put on 10 kg and i have 2 more mths to go.... ARGHHHHH

Lunch today, just saw it, but hiaz, no time to go and have a relac lunch..got to rush rush rush.. 2 more mths before i pop... and I am starting my AL + ML on 30 Aug.. so a big mad rush for me to settle my work prior to handover..

Jace, Batgirl,
wow.. time flies eh. now u both are abt 2 months away from seeing ur gals lo. we like all racing with time like tt. come to think about it.. i am abt 3+ mths away as well.

i already start having weird weird dreams abt newborn. Ytd i even dreamt that i forget a newborn only knows how to cry for milk n i kept asking bbC why is he crying?? wat a mum.. i think i getting stress all over again about taking care of a newborn.

Batgirl,
my weight also increasing ah! haha! 2 weeks ago just kena nagged by my gynae say why this mth i put on so fast. lalala~ but.. din really bother. i still eat on happily. give up already. hurhur.

SD,
thanks for the site. placed an order for the toilet seat already. abit headache with this little boy..

great lunch and even better company!

our loud laughter and wild gesticulation (ala michelle!) is hilarious! but having lunch with you mummies is always fun!

and this saturday morning! ON YEAH! 10 am at the SAM!

Oops, was I too loud?!? hee.. came directly from and influenced by Eboy's class teachers.. very high energy- a lot of action and very loud.. haha

The Kimchi Pork, yummy.

And hor, i tell you hor, WARN you...

NO MORE KOREAN LUNCH WITHOUT MICHELLE! NO MORE!

So lets plan for the korean lunch at that place?
next week?
Thurs? 15 Jul?

ya, SAM on sat, 10am ON!

Mic
lunch on wed can?? my manager not around, can sneak out longer mah...

Doggiebb
u must bring talia, her age will enjoy it more, she would be stuck like me at the trees there, tryin to water it and make it grow food..
i upload a video on fb of kayden in the enchanted forest too..

mich

me too! 15 jul is thaddie boy's bday, i am likely to take morning off.

smiggle

yeah yeah! confirmed will bring her. you wanna go again bo? hehe!

smiggle, ya I saw your vid. think Eboy will be scared haha.. will know this sat!

ok lunch at korean place.
what is the name?
14 Jul
1. michelle
2. smiggle
3. doggiebb

oh i went back to search high and low but i cannot find my scene setter!!! how? got the table cloth thingy, the happy birthday banner, some hanging stuff, streamers, but NO scene setter! kua kua kua! just pass to you hor?

yup, won't need your set.

oh...you want my sesame street cake toppers too?

Yah yummy lunch!

Batgirl, oh u gg on leave pretty early ah. I originally took 23 onwards but gg to shift back 3 days because next year i wanna come back later :p hee hee i wanna come back only on 2nd week of Jan so i asked to shift back by 3 days .. hmmm dunno if my boss will allow :p

Wow biangz weight is very sensitive wor. have put on 8kg to date but errrm still got 8 weeks + to go and with the expotentially increasing appetite (guess what i am eating now? Yami yogurt!!!!)

Yah like dunno how to take care of new born liao

ok lunch at korean place.
kko kko nara
57 Tras Street

14 Jul
1. michelle
2. smiggle
3. doggiebb
4. Jacelyn - can i meet someone at the MRT???

This sat 10am ah?? Hmmm i got to check with HUBBY but tentatively INCLUDE ME!

mich

ok! pass everything i have to you on sat!

e square

come come come! everything can eat i think! cannot eat chicken meh? just don't exert yourself! walk also slower abit hehe...

this time we try the big hot pot too? super yummy!

jace

i can meet you at mrt and walk there together.

Doggiebb OK!

Birthday cake, hee we finally decided (hopefully) to get a swensen's birthday cake for xun girl. Now the trick is, if its Mickey or Minnie, i dunno if she will end up with scared scared because u know what happened, one fine day when i was feeding her dinner at my kitchen, there was a minnie top at the service balcony (i bought for her and hang there after washing) to dry ... then she suddenly became afraid and started crying asking me to keep the minnie top!
I wonder if i buy such a cake for her, will she see the cake and start CRYING???! -_-"""""

Already looking forward to meeting thaddie + talia and e boy on sat!

Jace
I think xun gal is so funny with her scared scared! Poppy did not eat her birthday cake either even tho it was her beloved minnie mouse. She said "no cake!" And proceeded to play

Wow u girls are really crazy over the korean place!!!

You know, one good thing about not getting the job I really want is that I can start trying for baby earlier
happy.gif
so ... When god closes the door, he opens the window
happy.gif

But we'll see. When the ship reaches the bridge, it will turn naturally, right?

Back