(2008/07) July 2008

batgirl
glad wufeng got no more fever liao... at least he not so uncomfy... sayang him for me hor... u take care of urself... remember to drink loads of water okie...

Qing, summert, SY,
How do you potty train your bb arh? So impressive, so young can train liao? My bb also pushes very hard every time when come to big business time.

cellow
your co needs extra headcount bo?? *wink wink*

SD
Great work!! Thanks for your effort and time spent on the beautiful avatars & wallpaper

Dustee
Oh no.. Your back problem sounds bad. I too had consistent back problem before I have my #2. but soon after I'm preggie with #2, the pain go away by itself. Praying very hard that it doesn't come back.

Hannah
Your celeste also flipped liao arh? Haha.. mine also. They are slow, but they eventually made it!! Hehe.. Oh yes, how's she drinking pattern now>? Still fuss a lot? Mine seems better now, from 1-2hrs down to half an hour to finish her 120ml..
happy.gif
*hope dun jinx myself*

batgirl,
Oh glad that wu feng is ok now, I understand the pain you had when they poked him with needles, cos I witnessed . Btw, how did you find out he has UTI?

Bugis gathering
I wanna join if you ladies do it on weekdays for lunch. my office just nearby, can drop by.. hehe.. But of cos, can't bring my bb since working mah. But I can help jaga bb while you are eating.. so Rayna you don't have to watch us eating lor..
happy.gif

haha, thanks for the offer sonic. it's just my weird logic. i very scared if my smart gal know that she can have someone carrying her while another eats, next time we can't just put her in the rocker or pram and eat in peace. now she can sits in rocker or pram till we finish dinner without fussing much. so want to keep it that way. =)

rayna
oh that's how you train her? good point, i also wanna to train my bb like yours.. for the sake of dining out peacefully..
happy.gif

dustee
Is the session long?? Else ask can bring bb along n leave her in the pram?? Cos I know u dun wanna leave her with ur mil. Or ask ur hubby to take leave n go with u?

jsp
Hehe yah lor crowded hor. Sigh me too lazy lor last time let #1 sleep with us cos BFing ma n he refuse to sleep in his cot. Then preg #1 stick to me even more. Until few mths ago he did for a few weeks then he's BACK!! So now I try to use the cot for Ember n sort of to surround incase *touchwood*....hehe

re Small gathering
calling all mummies... me meeting up with serene next week... any mummies keen to join us??? we'll most prob meet at the TCC at bugis...

Date: TBA
Time: TBA
Venue: TCC @ Bugis

Attendees:
1) Nancy (JSP) & bb ernest
2) Serene & bb kacey
3) Doreen & Damien & Ember

Qing
Last time before marriage I already tell hubby to tell his parents liao. We only staying 1 yr at most (to save up enough CPF for the downpayment) then we will buy own flat.
Also got problem when we wanna buy flat.....sigh
So I always advise if possible BUY FLAT 1st.....keke

JSP
aiyo
tuesday i also cannot
acc-ying my mother for her check up.
hmmm...

batgirl
glad to know wu feng is doing better now.
hug hug you.
you must be very worried.

sonic
it is my god mil idea.
i was home one day, she was on the potty trying to poo poo liao.
all of us will be like: 'eng eng eng' trying to get her into the mood

dor
i always want it that way too.
but rachel on the way liao.
cant wait liao.
gotta marry first.
everything else can wait. tummy blooming cant.
so i got NO CHOICE. i cant even choose.

bb carrier:
me got a fisherprice bb carrier... erm.. quite nice but the part supporting the crotch area 4 bb is kinda stiff so when i sit down w bb, it feels uncomfortable loh.. but so far bb is enjoying the bounce bounce as i carry him inside n walk ard.... kinda regret moi purchase tho...

wow so many many post... i very sick now so no mood to read just go through abit. now going to sent my son n helper to my mother place cos me n hubby not feeling well...

Attendees:
2) Serene & bb kacey
4) Sheena (i_ling), helper & bb Theoler

SD
Wow! You’re really creative! Thanks for the beautiful wallpaper and avatars
happy.gif

Dustee
Glad to hear that Pomfret is okay and that the hoarse voice is normal. She’s growing really well, topping the weight charts with Cedric and Doggiebb’s FZT! No wonder your hip hurts *pat pat but gently*. It must be quite terok if you have to see a chiropractor so often. Take care and rest more!

PB
You must be vooming over to Canada now (or maybe there already?) Have a wonderful holiday and Christmas! Poppy will experience her first white Christmas, right? Wah Poppy’s bag for the plane trip itself sounds like it’s enough for a 3D2N jaunt!

CS
Dani looks very ‘zai’ on her arms.

Bbp
LOL on Declan’s pull ups. He looks like he’s really doing them hor, with expression some more!

Cellow
Ahem… I think there is a BP for the bandana bib leh.
And your company welfare gets two thumbs up! You are very lucky to be there!

Michelle
Ethan very farnie lah, can give thumbs up to his clothes.

Hannah, Summert
My baby is also non-prata. Do your babies spend a lot of time being carried, or in a bouncer? Because if that is so, they don’t have enough opportunity to practice and thus may be later to flip or roll over. So you just need to give them more mattress/playmat and tummy time. You can also encourage them by doing the ‘corkscrew’ – put baby on the back, lift one leg over the other and gently help bb to turn. Once the lower body is turning, the upper body will automatically follow. My boy is carried almost all the time so he’s late in flipping. Now he’ll do a crunch and slow-mo turn to the side, then humpf and grunt and flail and MAYBE plop over onto his tummy. Once on the tummy he’ll be stunned and surprised and keep lifting his butt, trying to turn back. He usually ends up moving forward instead and this bad mummy will sit and watch and laugh ;p

Batgirl
How is baby Wufeng? Hope he’s feeling better now.

Star
Bb L still wakes 2-3 times a night to nurse too. It’s because he does not feed much during the day. He’s one of the 2-minute latch types.

Dor Dor
How do all four of you sleep on a queen-size? I am on one with the two boys and it is very crowded already. Plus, my #1 will move all over the bed while he sleeps, kicking everybody else (and waking the baby). Hb kenna moved to a single next to us.

Qing
If you get a new flat near to your parents or your ILs, you’ll have quite a hefty grant, about $50K?
My cousin is your colleague? Erm, which one? So qiao.

Rayna, missy
yah, frank will stare at the camera whenever i take pic of him.

Hannah
how did u get ur celeste to flip? pls advise this desperate and helpless mummy.
sad.gif

smiggle, sonic
actually i havent really potty train frank cos he always poos on his diapers. my mil said can start to train liao.

Qing
wah, rachel's potty is much bigger than frank's.
as for staying with in laws, if you are feeling down, dont hide in the toilet and cry. i think u should let ur hb sees and knows. Then at least he can understand ur problems? as for the air-con, bring rachel to ur room then say she's perspiring not good cos will develop rashes, then turn on the air-con??
happy.gif

dustee, bbp
i have wat both of u have. back pain (hip area) and knee pain. sighhh..

batgirl
so sad to hear that wu feng has to go thr so much at such young age. u must take care of urself too ok?

dustee
Take good care of your back yah.. my bloody wrists still hurts like crazy
sad.gif

Hannahl
Congrats on Celeste joining the prata club!
happy.gif
But that would mean more work for you thou... hee

JSP
I am on leave that day so definitely going. Just give me a buzz if you want to join me yah
happy.gif

As for TCC gathering, Im onz cos Im clearing my annual leave starting from tmr (1/2 day) Fri (1/2 day) then off office for the whole of next week til Dec 30th. So that day we going to be lone ranger again or .... keke

Attendees:
2) Serene & bb kacey
5) Cyndi (CS) - gotta see which date it is to decide if bringing Dani

youpi
yes i have tried many times the "corkscrew" method. i just lightly touch his back and he will flip. but i must help him turn to side way first otherwise he wont do it leh. though he takes his nap in the sarong but it's only for half an hr every 2 hrly. i always put him on mattress/play mat most of the time leh.

summert
no, jx poo in pampers too but she use so much force that it usually gets onto her clothes. disgusting right? so i decide to potty train her.

cinbunny
here is the link to the photos of the stickers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/littleengelscloset/sets/72157610841303429/

Attendees:
2) Serene & bb kacey
6) Sy & JX - depends on date. best if it's on weekday

mummies
JX has a tooth! discovered it on sun. think she had it for some time but din realise it. and today she actually got onto her knees! really much faster than my boy.

SY
wow yah then better potty train her.. if not so much washing. Ya, u know, sometimes when Frank poos, i will really get choked by the smell.

SD... the pics are sooooooooooo sweet!!! thank you very much! *muack!

CS... i'm using Pigeon spoon, and the bowl is from Pigeon warmer

dustee... take care. my lower back also aching

hannahi... congrats celeste for joining the prata club!

batgirl... glad to hear that wufeng is getting better now. u also take care of yourself orh

qing... my bb thinks i play with her when i make the "ng ng ng" sound to make her poo... wahaha

solid food feeding headache
i've tried feeding rice cereal for 2 weeks liao, but every time end up a misery as bb eats 1-2 tablespoons then start to fuss. she can be settled down when i give her some milk in bottle... what should i do? or i should give her other puree? anyone has similar experience?

bugis gathering
i'm interested... so when is it? TCC @Bugis got enough space to put a few prams? btw where is the exact location of that TCC?? paiseh me sua ku, seldom go to bugis since pregnant

sd
thanks for the wallpaper. so cute.

re knee pain
me too. also got really bad knee pain. now when i bend it will hurt and if i m on my knees, it will hurt too!

wai wai
think just keep trying or maybe u stop for a few days then try again. i dun give a lot to jx but just a bit so that she can get used to it.

Youpi
Her name is michelle
And hor the grant is only 40 not 50
But of cos better than nothing la

Summert
Yup it is much bigger and is a pass down one loh
And yes, their poo poo is really smelly
Sometime I almost puke loh gotta hold my breath
If not can die
And hor, the air con shr actually off the main switch today for no reason don know is it don let me use

Potty training
Whenever we see her got the ng ng face
We quickly bring her to the potty liao
And start chanting ng ng
And if poo poo don come out, will use wet wipe to clean her butt
Like that poo poo come our easier

Sy
Wow,
Jx got teeth liao?
That's fast
Bb rachek only got a little bit white white but haven't come out

SDChick:
thanks 4 all tat u've done... it's simply lovely.. sweet.. heart-warming.. n....

Feeding semi-solids:
i've asked dis b4 bt no 1 replied... say if i mixing cereal w milk, do i:
1) mix tog w 1 normal feed of 150ml n feed

or

2) mix few spoonfuls w say like 30ml of feed, den the rest of 120ml feed milk?

Glad you all like the wallie. Thanks.

Qing, you mean a wallpaper with all girls?
Ok. I will make 1 for girl and 1 for boy.

Qing
Understand.. but ur hubby no pro buying own flat now aah??
Else u can find out the costs n everything n calculate 1st show him.

youpi
Think i jus got used to it.....hahaha
My #1 was a very good sleeper when young. But after he turned 1. All hell broke loose. He moves so much in his sleep n I was preg already so keep protecting my tummy all the way. So guess until now very used to it already.....hehehe
Nw I try to put Ember in the cot if I'm not too lazy so I can sleep better. But I'll try to sleep in between the kids cos dun want any freak accidents. Hubby as usual sleeps like a log even his alarm wakes us n not him. Like jus now I was bathing n he was supposed to watch the sleeping kids. I heard Ember cry. So I opened the door to check. Sure enough hubby was asleep n I had to shout at him to wake him to attend to Ember.

SD
Did u order the clips you were eyeing on ebay that time?? Cos itchy backside me got an idea from another mummy n decided to make a few more to use to clip Ember's handkerchief, pillow, bankie when outside so they won't get lost if dropped. And can even use it to clip my sling so it covers me properly when I am Bfing outside....hehe
So I need quite a few of the clips. Not very hua suan to buy them from minitoons at $1 each.

flipping
not too sure if bb tess is consider flip already or not as last week she surprise me with a single flip n no more after that.

star xin
i cant advice u as after bb tess cereal , i latch her on.

bugis gathering
interested in going too ... but this time thinking of bring my pram also ,but worry not enff space as mine is quite bulky...but i put my hand up 1st

Attendees:
2) Serene & bb kacey
7) tess mummy n bb tess

Qing

When I read that you want wallpaper for boy and girl, come in my mind is for matchmaking purpose. Ha...

Feeding solid

What kind of spoon that you ladies use to feed your baby? I haven't bought the spoon yet. Last time during #1, I use Nuby.

bugis gathering
aiya, missed out my name. buahahhaa

Attendees:
2) Serene & bb kacey
7) tess mummy n bb tess
8) Rayna & bb Megan (Gotta see which date to comfirm. prefers weekdays too)

SY,
if you also going for the gathering, then i collect the cereal from you then can? =)

Sonic,
ya lor, that's how my mum train lah. she with my mum go market, she can sit peacefully for like 1 hr plus in the pram. ek ek a bit only. cos
1) She kaypoh, like to look ard.
2) my mum always sits in the coffeeshop with her friends for breakfast and chit chat.
so she use to it lor. so now, when we bring her out, she can sit in the pram lor.
if at home, we place her on the rocker and all eat at the table. she watch tv. hehehe only she make noise, we will talk to her from the table. until cannot then we will rock her lor. but of cos, got bad days lah.

aiyo, mine also not prata yet. but hor, i think shld be ok. cos my cousin says, when they are ready, they will flip.

i think Megan might be teething too. i saw like the side of her lower gum like got white white thing. but hor, everytime i say mummy see ur mouth, she will close it. when i don't want to see, she will open it and see song. sighz...

morning mummies... holiday mood liao...

dor dor
ur #1 quite attention seeking hor??? budden he super cute lor... heehee... i think coz u SAHM tatz y he so sticky to u lor...

re Small gathering
serene suggested 2nd Jan... any objections???

re bb flipping
ernest is now a flipping expert liao... he can flipped back by himself liao... heehee... =P

CS
if gg isetan sale not adviseable to bring bb lor... was there the last time with lbt n a few others... too packed liao... budden i see the newsletter like nothing much leh... i think most bb stuffs got 20%... u oni taking till 30th??? i think i'm fine wif most days lor... budden boxing day out for most of the mummies so yet to cfm date... if 2nd u on??

SY
a tooth??? in front??? tatz veri fast leh... i think ernest also teething coz he's like fussing alot recently n also dooling... yesterday when i touch his gums like got sharp sharp feeling on his gums lor...

waiwai
initially bb ernest also dun like... budden when we thicken it, he likes it lor... budden my mil says he loves the apple puree tat i made... n yesterday, we mix apple puree wif avocado puree n i finished it all... TCC@bugis is somewhere near the hotel... can see the main road facing bugis village one...

star_xin,
I would mix 30 ml of milk and take 2.5 tbsp for a 1 tbsp of cereal. when she finished, i will still feed her the remaining milk 9from that 30 ml).
1 hr after she had her cereal, I will give her the usual feed.

Dordor,
In the end I didn't buy. My sis is coming over from Germany End of Jan, and I ask her to get me a nicer clip instead, made from wood. something like this: http://de.dawanda.com/search?q=Babyclip+Schnullerclip&price_min=&price_max=&fields_option=&searchopt=1&fields=product
costs around 1.5 euro.

Star,
I'm using Combi spoon to feed bb.

SY
High-five! Emma also can see tooth liao.

SD.
thanks you so much

dor dor
got problem
not enough money loh.

Star
aiyo, i dint hor.
i just want to put in my blog.
if put 2 pic only for a post, very short post ma.

spoon.
my one also pass down one.
those silver kind.

teeth.
bb rachel still only 2 white spot.
still not coming out of the gum yet.

Qing

Just a joke, don't take it too seriously.
happy.gif

Hannahi,

Congrats on Celeste flipping.

Youpi, Cellow

How many kg is ur bb? Wondering whether bb wake up at nite will be heavier?

Batgirl

Glad to know wu feng has recovered.

What is the cause of UTI? Anybody knows?

Qing..

*sAyAng sAyAng*..nOe it's hArd stAying w ILs.. mE oNli hV in-lAws stAying oVer oN sM dAys, i oSo fEel stiFlEd @ tiMes.. jUz so *sUffocAtiNg* 2 bE eVen breAthiNg iN dE sAme @iR... wEll.. i oW@ys fEel tAt iF it'S sMthIng tAT cAn bE cHaNge (like getting own flat) den temporary bEar w it n wOrk oN dE sOlutiOn.. elSe... jUz bRuSh it oFF..u niD 2 bE hAppi.. n uR hAppi smiLe will mAke littlE bB eVen mOre dElightfUl... *CHEERS!!!*

Hi Smiggle,
Can can. I'll collect for you. I work at somerset, during lunch and evening will pick up my hb at UOB, so if you're ard that area can pass you weekdays.

hello, sorry to interrupt.

I've 5 sessions of swimming at hwa xia to let go at $40. u need to pay hwa xia another $52. pls PM me if keen.

hi girls. just a quick one. we made it nice and safe. it was a DAMN long day for us, esp poppy (we left home at 4am SG time and reached montreal after 3 plane rides *singapore-hong kong, hong kong-chicago, chicago-montreal* and an 8-hour wait in chicago about 32 hours later) but she was such a good sport throughout. she didnt fuss too much on the plane, managed to sleep quite a bit, and did not torture my nnps. im so proud of her!

but the severe lack of sleep for me made me feel very faint upon reaching and i just wanted to pengsan. felt very lightheaded. but after a good sleep at my MILs place, im all better now. cos i BFed alot while on the flight. btw she was GREAT during all the take offs and landings. no fussing at all! till the last flight cos she was so tired la.

we went to bed at 3am montreal time and she kept waking me up every 10-20 minutes after naplets for my nnp until 5am. so i couldnt sleep. by the time it was 5, i was so tired i asked hubby to wake up to make milk. then who knows, this morning (when we woke up it was 1pm!!!) the milk was still in the bottle. he said she just fell asleep at my nnp and didnt wake up for milk!!! she must be so tired

tomorrow the weather will be nice at -3 degrees. poppy has alot of clothes and a winter jacket so big that when we put it on, we can hardly see her! can only see the top half of her face.

the snow is really lovely cos its falling nice and light now so everything is white. but its not bright sun like we are used to. like 4pm already the sky dark dark kind. but at night its not really dark like ours too. understand bo?

cant read any posts cos its almost 2am here. so i dont know if there is any SIAing going on hehe. but i will have enough shopping here to keep my wallet occupied for a while la

wallpaper - SDchick, did you miss me out?
sad.gif

those babycubes thing, how much ah? see if here got cheaper or not hehe

arrghh.type a long post and oculdn't post!

PB
nice to hear from u..post pics!

glad that poppy was a good gal on the place... think it's easier to bring them when they are younger.

re tooth
will try to take a pic of her tooth and post...

mummies
jx really amaze me. yesterday she got onto her knees in the crawling position. compared to my boy, she's really much faster....

rayna
ok if we both go to the gathering i bring the cereal for u...

mummies
anyone has peppermitt contact? she din contact me on the collection of her cereals. if i dun hear from her still, anyone else wnat her cereal? she ordered 1 brown rice and 1 oatmeal

"maybe we don't need to buy so many things for the baby"

i don't think my husband's ever said anything else that made me as angry as this >_< hmph.

PB
finally hear from u liao... praise poppy for me hor... can't rem how much i bought them at liao... too long ago...

dustee
tat's man lor... my HB also commented that I bought alot of things for ernest...

PB,
Enjoy your white christmas... sounds so nice...

dustee, JSP,
Re this topic about baby having too many things, my hubby just said this about 2 days ago. "We are like quite mean parents hor? Never buy any teether or toys for Declan."
Haha, which is true cos all of his stuff except a few pieces of clothes are hand me downs or gifts.

PB
Ya, heard doctor say the smaller babies are the easier they travel, cos they dunno wat is ear block and dont really know the feeling...

I bought my babycubes abt $12-$14 two months ago.

Dustee
My hubby never like to spend $$$.. he say Kayden is a boy, at home no need wear clothes. wear cloth diaper can liao...
everythin Kayden wears, i buy one.. My hubby only say nice or not nice... say Kayden veri handsome when he wear clothes (my eyes rollin upwards)

PB:
have a wonderful white christmas!!

dustee/ JSP:
moi hb oso oways comment abt me buying things 4 bb.. so i oways window shop w him.. tink of de items i want then get it few days later by moiself...

i guess tat's man lah.. aniway 4 me, i dun care as long as i m happily spending moi money.. n seeing bb hapi w de items i bought 4 him..

PB... Poppy is such a nice bb! enjoy the trip and post photos for us to see!

smiggleprincess... where can buy the baby cubes?

i bought Frisocream for bb to try... she rejects it! she only eats rice cereal + BM... mix with water she also rejects... faintz

knowing that my ss is dropping, today i gave her try Similac FM sample. dunno how come i feel like crying when i was feeding her the bottle of FM... going to be end of TBF soon
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Back