(2008/07) July 2008

BBP: go for your KFC burger!
happy.gif

yay yippee for you bbp! talk to her and ask her to kwai lwai put on more weight! ps will it be another D name?
happy.gif

grrrrrr. psy has a new song. please please please i hope nobody shows this one to poppy. gangnum style is nothing compared to this. at least gangnum style was reasonably funny the first time i saw it.

ps bluebunny told me what gangnum means! something like some point in some river in some part of korea. um he explained it better
happy.gif

DD
Hello! You can try to wake her, tickle her feet, undress her, etc. Her tummy is still tiny. Just enjoy the bonding time with bb and the ability to sniff her and admire her without her running off to play
happy.gif

Bbp
Hooray for little Bbp-let! Dec can do wushu, she can do wing chun, you can be an Ip Man family :p

PB
Think gangnam is a affluent district in Korea. The new song and dance is worse ah? I will go and check it out now, hehe.

Pb: ya, gangnam is an affluent district in Korea. And yes! There's a new song! I really dislike his face and song and dance moves!
sad.gif
every party we go, the gangnam music is played! Sighhhh.... Can't they just have decent music for parties!
sad.gif

Jo,
I think it's calories-laden overkill! I better go share it with someone. I wonder if Mr bbp wants to share it with me.
Ya! The New Year Eve party we went to last year was playing Gangnam Style and so of cos everybody was dancing to it. That's how Dec got infected.

PB,
We are hoping to stay with tradition and continue the Ds. But Mr bbp doesn't like the names I like, and vice versa!
Oh, and I've actually made a public announcement to the whole clan to not show or even make any reference to the new Psy song to Dec. I hope to avoid it as long as possible.

youpi,
Haha. Now that I think about it, I don't mind being Ip Man's wife. She is super steady in the show! She doesn't talk much, but her expressions and rare sentences communicate so much!

PS: The boy is beside me now looking at my screen. I wonder how long more I can do this without him knowing exactly what I'm writing.

mummies!
been so busy!

bbp
glad that bb is putting on weight! sounds like a good weight. she will catch up fast!!

DD
must enjoy the bb moments! nowadays jx still acts bb. i think the second child usually will bb a bit longer..or rather the youngest child haha..

smiggle
think just wait till her contract end bah. there is a lot to do esp if your hb not able to help!

parenting alone
sometimes i also enjoy it. more freedom to do what i like with the kids. though primary sch has given some restrictions!

hb traveling this week and he also plans to do MBA so will be alone with the kids most of the time!

Youpi, I laugh each time I tell the tiny one: you stay here, I'll be right back...and she always does hahaha! Enjoying her little hands and feet now... All so cute and tiny but growing by the day...

SY: guess who's turned manja and babyish at times instead! But he's still coping well...glad for that but tough getting him to pipe down and be less active when I'm trying to make her sleep

Anyone heard of little mandarins before? http://www.little-mandarins.com/

Wondering if I should sign G up for the holiday program on Chinese fables since I've not been doing much with him at home... N its so hard to peel him away from his iPad/tv addiction! Feel kinda guilty though for 'outsourcing'

dd,
Have you signed him up for JG's holiday program? I've heard good things about JG's holiday programs.

Question: Is 2.8-2.9kg a decent weight for the baby? I'm 10 days away!

Totally forgot about jg!

G1 was 3kg and G2 was 2.8kg

How r u feeling n r u all set to rock n roll? Hehe

How did you deliver dec? It's true when they say no2 is usually a quickie so don't take too long a shower ya! Keep us posted!

G1 was 2kg and G2 2.8kg... Just nice for an easy labour, especially when you are petite too
happy.gif

All set to Rock n roll? Subsequent labours r usually much quicker so don't take too long in the shower ya!

doggiebb,
Thanks for the quick info! What did you feed Thaddie? I love that he is/was so solid!

dd,
I'm so not ready to rock and roll. So although she's always rocking and rolling inside, I'll take that over her coming out.
Dec was delivered naturally, at a whopping 3.25kg. So anything easier than that should be ok.
So how long was your labour for G1 and G2?

the little guy is such a foodie! eat solid meals (read: substantial portions) but doesn't quite like to snack like the jiejie! it's a joy to bring him to buffets, seriously!

Dd: JG Chinese is fun! But whole week affair.

Doggie bb: I know what you mean! Gwyn is too! Anything also will try!
happy.gif

BBP: weight is good enough! 2.5kg and below then it's worrisome. Woohoo!!! 10 days! Am excited for you!
happy.gif

jo

i wanna go the jg chinese prog at the new rochester mall. are you signing up your 2?

4 kids got group discount of 15%! *grins!*

Hi girls!
Jo and I are meeting for breakfast and a stroll at MacRitchie on Friday 17 May, 8.30am. Would you like to join us? It'd be good to catch up again!

Doggiebb: which week are you looking at? I haven't check their prog. I have to see if timing fits because the kids have holiday prog at school and during the last week, they have a science camp.

Got lobang to share
happy.gif
http://singaporemotherhood.com/articles/2013/05/editors-picks-may/

Bbp
One of my friends just gave birth. She was low-weight throughout too, but baby turned out to be 3.2kg. Completely unexpected! 2.8-2.9kg is a very good weight too!

Hospital bag
Clothes and toiletries for you. Baby will be taken care of by hospital. You only need to clothe her when you're leaving so someone else can bring the stuff. And a fully charged camera! For L I also brought a lot of trashy books 'cos I was alone throughout the process and needed some form of entertainment.

Doggiebb: sorry, can't join you at JG, that week we will be at port Dickson.
sad.gif

BBP: button from pjs, breast pad, nipple cream, sanitary pads and disposable panty were most important to me.
happy.gif

FYI, don't need to get maternity pads. Just get sofy overnight pads- the longest one. :p

Youpi
That's my area! And I have never heard about that bookshop! Will go explore :D

Bbp
Any day now! Phone charger too hehe. Mittens and booties for baby

Youpi: thanks for the lobang! I love that bookstore too! Didnt know they opened one at TB! I always visit the one at millennia. Love their collections actually.
I have that on the night you were born. Love it too.
happy.gif

youpi,
Thanks for the lobang! I loved the Cloud book from your previous pick. But so sad initially when mother cloud disappeared. And my usual happy-go-lucky boy was actually affected by Mother Cloud's disappearance.

And big thanks to all for the hospital bag tips!

batgirl,
Thanks! Currently still stuck with the baby though. No contractions, no show, no waterbag bursting. Just loads of kungfu from the little one inside.

bbp,
tip - get mr bbp to pack the hosp bag. drop everything out on the bed, give him the bag and say, make sure everything goes inside
happy.gif
he can be the go-to person for all the admin stuff, you conc on delivering little girl.
second birth is much faster. 14h for c1, 2h for c2 and i had to tell c2 to stay inside until we reached the hospital some more.

youpi,
which book are you reading? the pre-menopause one or the mother dance? i m now reading LKY's hard truths in Mandarin - personal challenge....... to finish it within 3 years. i took 6 months to read the foreword!!! havent clicked on your link yet.... will do when i finish reading..... haha. 3 years.

sy,
parenting alone. no one else to handle, no one else to report to.... good rite.

Cellow
Pre-menopause. The more I read the more paranoid I get. But can't stop because it is fascinating! Kowtow-ing to you for reading Hard Truths in Mandarin!

Bbp
Congrats!!!
happy.gif
I just went to visit my friend and see her baby girl. Carrying a newborn was like a brand new experience!

SY
Yes do, they're both very nice
happy.gif

Finally checking in after a long while... and we've finally settled on a name. Dana (pronounced Day-na), which we know lotsa people will end up calling her Dah-na as in Banana.

Birth Story ah. Well, Doc was going to induce on Sunday evening 8pm if she still hadn't made her appearance by then cos she would be 6 days overdue already.

Then Sunday 12am I started feeling a little funny. I self-monitored it for about an hour before deciding that they were actual contractions and told Mr bbp. Another half an hour of monitoring the 15min-apart contractions, then Mr bbp carried the sleeping Declan to his parents room and his dad volunteered to fetch us to the hospital.

It was just past 2am when we arrived at the hospital. From this part, timings got hazy. But the highlights were:
1) the OB on standby checked me and I was 4-5cm already
2) she called my regular gynae who said not to burst my waterbag because my contractions were still quite far apart
3) she said she would check me again in 3h time

0400:
Contractions intensified and Mr bbp requested for the laughing gas. I think crazy me was still contemplating hanging on for a little while more.

0500:
Nurse came to check me cos I felt the urge to push. Pronounced me 7cm dilated and went to call my gynae.

0530:
Requested for Pethidine shot, but nurse said, "Too late. You're going to deliver already, and your gynae is here." Then my gynae really came in, started prepping the stuff and explained that the shot takes 30min to take effect.
TMI alert! Then the doc told Mr bbp, "Look, the waterbag is out already." So apparently, my contractions were so hard that part of my waterbag had been pushed out. According to Mr bbp, it was just a little smaller than fist-size.

0551:
Doc took about 5min to prep his stuff. Felt like forever to me. Then 9-12 pushes, she was out... finally!

Whoa! That was fast!! And no painkillers! *two thumbs up*

What's Dana's birth weight? But wait a minute... Isn't baby supposed to be swimming in the waterbag?

PB,
I was thinking, most people say that the 2nd birth is always easier than the 1st. So by that theory, if I didn't use epi for the 1st, then I shouldn't need epi for the 2nd too. What I didn't count on was that I would be unable to use the Pethidine shot as well.
We were deciding between Dana, Daena, or Dayna.
Dayna was immediately thrown out by the Mr cos he said it feels very umm... how do I put this nicely... it feels like it's from the country that produces lots of mangoes.
Daena was preferred over Dana only for the fact that the pronounciation would be more obvious. But you're right, in the end, we figured that whichever spelling, people are going to mispronounce it anyhow.

dd,
Yah, definitely faster than the first. Imagine if I had waited till contractions were 5min apart before I went into the hospital (as I did for Dec). I don't think the gynae would have made it to the delivery suite. No wonder he and his nurse kept telling me, "If you feel something, come in straightaway. Don't wait!" Lol. They told me at least twice.
No la, laughing gas is still considered a painkiller no?
Dana's birth weight was 3.035kg. Considerably smaller than Declan but I guess a decent size. Only part of my waterbag was pushed out, the rest was still inside me with baby. According to Mr bbp, it looked like I was blowing a bubblegum down below.

I like Dana best! Only came upon this name once when I was much younger... Unique!

LOL to the blowing bubble gum analogy but I can so picture that now haha

Back