(2008/07) July 2008

cellow

i have those! and i am using for T2. he holds the pencil like mao bi!

i bought it from one tuition place in bishan and now that i am no longer in bishan. not sure where else you can buy these!

Happy new year mummies! I'm so drop dead tired... 10 days with my family in town just whizzed by in a blink of an eye and they have just left today =...(

That marks the end of our holiday, and back to slogging at work before I make my disappearing act... I better start washing stuff n packing my bag!

Happy REN RE (everyone's birthday?)!

youpi

i'd go and ask rose if she remember the exact location and let you know.

i wouldn't mind getting a few more and put them on all the pencils! fwah! somebody training to be calligraphy grand master!

woooo, runs to hug youpi, say I look like Gong Li! lalalala.... haha....

Been hunting for creams and what nots this weekend, only to find fwah, so expensive... wonder if they really worked.. so the Ah Soh me went around collecting samples.. no try sample how to tell good or not, right? lol.

I recalled long long long time ago somebody mentioned some korean cream that worked wonders... anyone????

Boohoo I also got dark spots. Yes mich does look like gong Li!! I only look like gong gong

Anyonr's kids' schools got scholastic list? Can I tompang? Poppy's school doesn't get for some reason

Mich,
What age group is the car seat for? If can for infant, then let me know how much you're letting it go for. Thanks!

PB,
Declan's school also doesn't get scholastic list.

the car seat is suited from infant to 5yo (tho they state till 10). I just "upgraded" eboy to a booster. He's been using that from 3mth old.

It's in tip-top condition, no stain, no fade, no damage.

I bought it at $499. will let go at $200.

interested I can send it over to you to look see!

Comes with the shade that has nevver been used and kept in vacuum packed.

8127699.jpg

sent the pic of the pencil thingy to bbp and cellow already. too busy to resize and repost on the forum. those who wanna see, WA me pls.

youpi

will msg you where and you see when you got time to troop there and see if they still sell. its at our mkt there.

PB
jx sch does give the list. the lastest one i can't remember where i put it...haha the next time i let u know when i receive.
happy.gif

michelle
do u use sunblock? it is a must! u can skip everything but still msut use sunblock. whitening creams use with caution. there was a report some time back that some spots become worse when some ppl use whitening cream. so best is still use sunblock. u can get those day lotion with spf. for spf, dun use those that are too high. it will stress and dry the skin. mine is about spf 20+. since i m mainly indoors it is ok. i used to have very bad freckles. i can see that it has lightened over time. i m using this serum from a mlm. i think it does help in my spots cos i used to have very bad spots when i go out into sun. last year after trip to phuket, i came back and even my hb agreed that i din really get it that bad though i was out in sun for a full day! so i think the serum works but u need patience to see it work. the other one that i have also used is sk2 cellumination. i only use sparingly so even though ex, it can last me quite a while.
happy.gif

Happy new year mummies!

Michelle,
What brand did you buy for the booster seat. I want to buy one for Emma but so far have not found the right one. Mr SD wants to have those with safety harness but the range are so limited.

Dark spots - I had that too. I went to dermatologist which prescribe me a cream to lighten it. He said must use it for quite some time to see improvement and must apply thinly. But lazy me sometimes forget and sometimes lazy to use.

Cellow,
If not mistaken, the pencil thingy is available at popular bookstore.

Gong xi gong xi everyone! Lots to catch up!

Mich: looking at birth rates, our kids' years seem so. I think all mission schools don't have openings for volunteering. But I know st nics have.

PB: sure thing! I'm sure Gwyn will be so happy to see poppy! Wish me luck! It will be by faith for me!
Gwyn's school has scholastic but not as often as before. I'll let you know if I receive it again.

Cell: *big hugs...* lots of finger painting, tearing of paper, handling of scissors, playdoh, all help in improving deterity and fine motor skills.
For gross, pick up a sport, bouncing balls, dribbling with balls, hop-scotch, running up stairs all help. Sports council also conduct sports clinic for kids who wants to pick up a sport. You can check them out.
Not sure if you all played before, walking cans is also a good gross motor exercise. Hanging onto a hammock and swing also helps. For now, do things that wake up the muscles. Hope this helps.

Dark spots: skII's miracle water helps! Also when you diy face mask using lemon, don't go under the sun, will get dark spots also. The ingredient AHA(I hope I get the acronym right. Am thinking of dha! Lol), usually in skin care, if used also can't go under the sun, will cause pigmentation also.

SD: Mothercare is going to have a member preview on 28/2, the mc brand high back booster is on sale, very good price and specs are good too. You can consider. Comes with 5 point harness also and eventually can remove back, switch to booster only. Spring maternity also sell one belt-positioning one at $69. Available at bb fair at expo tomorrow.

BBP: Mothercare sales on 28/2, it's 15% storewide. 28/2 is members' preview and susequent days are open to public. Need anything? Also, tomorrow bb fair at expo, should have things for you to see. Oh ya, Kodomo wipes, 1 for $2, buy 10 get 1 free at Watsons. FYI.

Co-sleeping: my kids are still in my room. They refused to sleep on their own. But they have their own mattresses in my room and I'm not in a hurry to chase them out.

I'm a britax fan so I got the britax booster seat with back rest and belt support so it falls nicely on his shoulder and won't strangle his neck. The booster can remove back rest totally too. It comes with two cup holders on both sides and eboy us loving it. Line his toys in the holder. ;)

Britax is known for their safety design in the car seat thus I don't mind paying more for my child safety. A car seat is so important that it is the only thing that can save my child's life in an accident and I want to choose one known for safety in all areas lah...

Mc sale: anyone wants to go together? But not on opening day cos I hear it's crazy!!!

Question: anyone knows where I can get nice (ie not pasar malam kind) white tee shirts for kids? (1 year old). Planning calla's one year old party (gulp!!!!) and wanna get t-shirts for the jda. Plain white ones. Pref not too ex cos it's ten kids! Babies but still

Ok suuuuuper random question. Does anyone know the "lyrics of Lom jiam bas"? I mean the full lyrics with "wo men Shang, wo men Xia, wo men Hou Qian zhang. Wo men yi er San, wo men si wu liu, wo men Qi ba jiu. Wo men jelly jelly Lom jiam bas!"

Something is missing, right? Help !

Mc-mothercare

Bbp
Saw u yesterday but u too busy...

Pb
Haha.. I just played this with kayden..
He can't relate lom jiam pas to scissors paper stone.

It's "jelly jelly"? Oh I'd always thought that it was "sally sally"! The things we 'broken-telephoned' when we were young!

Pb: white t shirts- daiso!
happy.gif

Wo men Shang, wo men xia, wo men hou qian jiao. Wo men Yi er San, wo men si wu liu. Wo men hao Peng you, Sally Sally lom Jiam pas!
happy.gif
no qi ba jiu.

BBP: mc is Mothercare

PB,
What's jda?

MC:
How come everybody know that shortform except me? Anyway, I don't dare to go!

smiggle,
You should have just called me and I could have waved back! Saw Serene (Kacey's mom) on the first day and we did just a waving thing too.
It was quite a hectic fair cos we shared booth so there was just 1 chair for Sophie & Friends. I think I got the better deal already cos I took the chair most of the time. The others were in a worse shape. Friday was the worst cos it was just me and hubby.

Pb: the front part if have is probably sek sek sek, then continue with wo men Shang... You know the hand gestures to accompany the rhyme?

jo
uh huh. i know the actions
happy.gif
plus the 'set set set' part. but i keep thinking there is more before wo men shang, wo men xia. i thought it was much longer!

white t-shirts at daiso: quality can make it right? i'm not hoping for MC (bbp: MOTHERCARE) quality but it's going to be given as party favour so i don't want koyak kind that will fall apart in 2 washes either. didn't know daiso had baby t-shirts

bbp
typo i think. i meant party bag :D

PB,
Well, you could always get 1 t-shirt first and try IF they do have it at Daiso. But I don't remember seeing baby t-shirts there though.

PB

try song and song. I rem seeing little white tees at the HV branch but I am just not sure how many pieces they have and do they have the sizes you need.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHRjNXd2MDlrV1ZtN2RIMjlydW5sN3c6MA

kids program at Gardens by the bay.
========================
Tour 3: I’m Special

From pot-bellied trees to plants with fuzzy paws to leaves with sharp teeth, children will learn about some of the strange and fascinating plants in the conservatories. In addition, children will find out more about the interesting habitats of these plants. After the tour, children will try their hand at making something creative and useful out of recycled materials.
==========================

anyone keen to go together? heh!

i prefer that later timing too. but looks like the stipulated timing is 10.30am. and not sure how many pple then they will form a special grp for us. if its just us two. may need to go join the groups liao.

back from hot hot bangkok!

chatuchat was an experience for the kids! heh heh heh!

what is everyone else doing for the holidays?

hol program
i brgt the boys out to play with sand at the beach yesterday, and snapped a fantastic shot which is now on FB (haha, buay paiseh me).... Mr C will organise something else for them tomorrow morning.

news!
C1 is reading. a chinese book. all by himself! the new school is good for him la.

Wow Batgirl! Chatuchak with kids?! YOu are so brave!!!!

We had loads of fun during the hols! Mama is super tired! Beeeezeeeeee like siao hehe

doggiebb,
What was the kids reaction to Chatuchak? Other than hot! I don't think I'm ever going back to Chatuchak. Not really worth the heat I feel
happy.gif

My ILs went BKK too and their reaction was - BKK is just too hot! Haha.

Cellow,
You must be very happy with the Chinese book reading. I think teachers are extremely important, more so than the curriculum me thinks. I'm very grateful that Dec has gotten very experienced English and Chinese teachers this year. So that's why we are sticking with the school even though the management/adminstration is kinda not so good.

youpi,
Cutest Kid Contest? Do you think I'll stand a chance if I post a picture of a sleeping 4.5 year old kid? :p

Holidays:
I had planned to take a cable car to Sentosa after my NUH appointment cos Kent Ridge is quite near to Harbourfront right. Cable Car! So exciting right? Then I had to cancel cos I wasn't feeling too good. And then am currently under house arrest. Boo hoo. And to think I wanted to go Science Center too!
sad.gif
sad.gif

Cellow
is C1 now in GB?

Bbp
how come u r under house arrest? everything ok?

re hol
nothing much! in fact jh kept asking me why we are not going hol...

only brought them to art science museum for the lego exhibition and my blur hb tot it was asian civilisation museum and went there to meet us!!!

SY,
So how was the Lego exhibition? Is it more for adults or children? That museum is so expensive!
Everything's alright. It's just that baby's on the small side and I only gained 0.1kg between appointments. So Mr bbp has commanded me to stop running around Singapore
sad.gif

Bbp
Dunno, you can try! :p
Get good rest... was it the same when you were pregnant with Dec?

Lego exhibition is good fun. We went a couple of months ago and both boys enjoyed it very much. SG citizens pay a discounted rate so it's not so ex.

Cable car - half price now right? We went to Sentosa two days in a row, for the Adventure Cove waterpark and then the Marine Life Aquarium. But did not take the cable car in. I was thinking about it though... maybe we could have a Jul bb group outing there when you are given the green light to run around again
happy.gif

youpi,
I put on normal weight with Dec, but I really started to put on weight during the last month or so. The 0.1kg weight increase really surprised me though. But my appetite for this one really pales in comparison to the first.

Cable Car:
Yah! Half price for adults now. And Dec has been asking me for the longest time to let him take the cable car. Green light? The Mister beside me just told me I'll basically stay home until I give birth! Sobs!

Cable Car
Im in!
or rather Kayden's is in..
This mummy hear too scared of heights.. Can someone pls take him???

bbp
Congrats!
I must be the last to know..
U take care and yup.. stay at home...

Youpi
How was the Aquarium?
Goin this fri to celebrate Kasper's bdae..
Is the adventure cove suitable for our kids?

Smiggle,
The Aquarium is very big! Lots to see and point at. But if you've been to the other Aquariums in the region, then this is nothing new. You have to go through a long stretch of exhibits before arriving at the fish. The massive see-through wall area was not as big as I expected it to be, but still good for gawking at the manta rays. You can also crawl into a 'hole' to see the eels. Overall, it's a nice way to spend a day, and very relaxing too, since it's air-conditioned and out of the blazing heat, and there's no space for the kids to run too far off. Is Friday Kasper's actual birthdate?

Adventure Cove is better for older kids. There is a minimum 107cm height limit. That said, the small ones can go on the Adventure Ride which involves sitting in a tube and going around a circuit which goes through tunnels where you can see fish. L liked that a lot. The tubes are huge so our small ones have to sit with or on a parent. There is also a waterplay area like those at the zoo and the bird park, with slides and buckets and shooters. They can also go into the wave pool with adult supervision. There is also a tiny toddlers wading pool. Hmmm, think that's all for the smaller ones. S enjoyed it a lot more 'cos he could go on the speedy slides. There is one restaurant which has typical theme park food - deep fried and ex.

If you are driving in, RWS carpark rates are $$$$$! Also, if you park at RWS and want to stay in Sentosa after your visit, you have to drive through the entrance and pay for entry to Sentosa. Park at Palawan or Beach or Siloso and take the monorail. You walk a little more, but it's just $. And you can go spend the rest of the day in Sentosa playing on the beach or the luge etc
happy.gif

Back