(2008/07) July 2008

Youpi
Yup.. Kasper bdae on good fri...
We been to the Underwater world..
Seems like the same..

Adventure cove sounds limited.. will stick to POLW still then..

Thanks dear..

smiggle,
Thanks! Well, didn't really announce it this time round so I suspect you may not be the last to know
happy.gif

Yah, so I'm now staying home and trying hard not to go crazy which is really hard to do cos there's massive construction next door. Drilling just drives me bonkers.

youpi,
For some strange reason, I really loved the Aquarium even though I've been to the one in Monterey. Then again, I loved the Night Safari too. Maybe it's all that Animal Planet / Nat Geo Wild I watch (that's when I actually get down to watching TV). It's kinda cool watching a documentary on the Moray Eels and then actually seeing it in real life! Ok, I think I sound super geeky. Lol.

dd,
Congrats congrats! How are you coping with the heat? The heat, the humidity and the drilling is driving me berserk. I suspect I may actually take off someone's head really soon.
Yah, I should load up on all that beef considering my iron count is not that great too, but dunno why my appetite has been more veg lately. So I'm actually consciously trying to eat supper to gain weight. The little one better be appreciating everything I'm doing.

Good Friday:
This Friday!? So there's only 2 more days of school?!

Bbp
Then I shall join you in partial geekdom cos i love the night safari. It was just too crowded to see anything properly at the aquarium that day - sch hols, what to do? And we are pretty aquariumed-out too, having been to sydney's and hk's and sentosa's underwater world several times (each!) over the past two years.

and yes friday is good friday... we will be at a pool... and if tradition persists, it will storm in the afternoon. Happens every good friday, anyone noticed?

bbp
yes.. load up on the beef..
Look at Kasper vs Kayden.. Beef does alot of difference!

dd
beautiful girl..
welcome to the club of two-child mummies!

Youpi
Yup.. good fri always rain..
apparrently the sky cry cos Jesus died..

bbp
how many weeks are u? eat more durians!! last time jx also on the small side. my gynae said eat durians!! i think it makes a difference. my fren's bb turned out much bigger than expected.

for jx i also gained weight slower and mainly put on towards the end....so dun worry too much. most imp it healthy bb and mummy!

re lego
not bad. quite interesting but i think kids do not fully appreciate....

re aquarium
i heard the same thing. if u have been to other aquariums, this may pale. but then kids will sure still like it!!

youpi
adventure water cove suitable? i highly doubt my kids will be that adventurous....

SY
Water park better for older kids. S went on the slides etc by himself. In fact we lost him several times only to find him playing happily with other kids! Heart-stopping. Thank goodness he knew how to stop and come back to our 'mothership' location. Think Jh is tall enough to enjoy like S. Younger ones, not that much.

I would love to try adventure cove! I think poppy would have no prob with height restrictions! But maybe we should check out cheaper alternatives first. Like the jurong west swimming pool. In case she chickens out, we don't waste that much money!

Last Good Friday, I GAVE BIRTH! Whoa. And yes it rained that afternoon! I remember carrying tiny calla and looking out the window and pointing out the rain to her
happy.gif
man! Time flies!

I must still have crazy hormones because I have decided to do something really crazy. I'm going to bake Calla's birthday cake! Cos I refuse to pay 300$ for cake!

Note: I am a bad baker. The last cake I attempted was Bluebunny's ten years ago. It looks so horrible that my mil very discreetly asked if she should get a store bought one haha

chatuchat. actually both took it rather well! there was the usual complains that its smelly and dirty and HOT! but there were many things to see and their eyes were like saucers! we went from 9 am to 1.30pm. when we were leaving, talia exclaimed! this shopping is soooo interesting! i see the shopper emerging from her! wahaha! the little guy? just a wilted-wet-soaked mess hanging limply by my side! but he was stoic about it!

we went to a slightly atas asiatique night bazaar thingy and it was nicer, with the bangkok version of the singapore flyer to ride as well.

and the kids had their foot massages every night as well alongside us. Good trip overall!

Youpi, BBP: groupon and deals often have cheap promos on the aquarium annual passes, can subscribe to it. Oh ya, there's Rws invites you can consider also. They offer free parking and on weekends, a flat rate of $6 I think. Check them out.

Pb: want the rainbow cake recipe? ;)

PB,
Wow not bake cupcakes. Easier and fast to decorate.

Doggiebb
That's why it's good to have girls. Can shop together hahaha...but can also drain your wallet fast.

For aquarium annual passes, can buy cheaper at travel agency in Lucky Plaza. I bought the groupon one, and collect at one of the travel agent in lucky plaza. Turn out without groupon they also sell the same price.

DD and BBP: Congrats to both of you!

FIL
He gave c1 his own bowl (uneaten la if not i have something else to say about hygiene) of ginkgo nut barley porridge. Poor boy was coughing himself to sleep.

Go go go from my home! Why are men all like that one la.... Gloss over a fact when they want to do something then scold the woman like anything if the woman does the exact same mistake.

Best. The mistake is bcz fil n mil in minor tiff, mil gave fil the porridge, fil din want to eat, conveniently chuck to my coughing c1. Got use blain anot.....!!!!
Keep your quarrels away from me n the children. Mr C has eaten your rice, he is obliged to listen to you m put up w your nonsense. I m certainly not! Plus my children too

Hi dustee!

Youpi, I think it's "how is it going" in German. I've seen it somewhere before.

Pb: drama sounds fun. Sat at what time?

youpi,
I recall they were having a promo sometime ago for Underwater World. Was tempted to go but as bbp tradition goes, the promo ended before I got my butt down to going. How was it?
By the way, thanks for the book lucky draw link!

To make baby gain weight:
Beef Steak with Durian Topping. Lol!

SY,
Whenever someone asks me how many weeks I am, I can't answer them cos I don't keep track! Then I'll turn to my phone to check my pregnancy app. So I'm 34 weeks now and still no idea what name! I'm also rather worried that the baby won't hit the 2.5kg mark at birth. Considering Declan was 3.25kg at birth, I'm rather stressed now every time I think of it.

PB,
So! How goes the cake? Have you tried a test run?
Sorry, gotta pass on the drama at Jacob Ballas.

Jo,
Yup! My aquarium visit was on a groupon deal. But I know myself well enough to not get an annual pass because I'll never go enough to make it worthwhile.
happy.gif

dustee,
Hi! It was such a great and nice surprise bumping into you at the cake shop!

Cellow,
*pats* I understand you completely. Hope C1 gets well soon.

dd,
What's normal life? To answer such questions, one has to define the parameters first. But anyway, burp the little one often even if it's not after mealtimes. I recall very vaguely that whenever Declan cried, I would check diaper and the time. If it was not time to eat, I could just try to burp him. It worked sometimes
happy.gif

Dd: hope you have the aircon. The weather is really terrible. And I perspire buckets!
sad.gif

Do you have that ru Yi oil? Dab on your palms, rub and place palms on bb's tummy. Can also try massaging her tummy. Use 2 fingers, in circular motions, start right end left. Lie her on her tummy. Should help.
Oh ya, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage are biggest culprits of colic so stay off for awhile.
Hope things will be better soon. Jia you!
happy.gif

Youpi,
Yup I know you went to the aaquarium
happy.gif

What I meant was, you said you've visited the underwater world a few times in the past 2 years right? So I was asking how was it. Cos I haven't been there since I can't remember when.

Bbp
Ah!
happy.gif
Underwater World -- No mega tank, no massive manta rays, just petite ones. Much smaller overall but I like that because it is a great size for the little ones. They can go around it easily on their own, without getting tired. It also has a cave-like dome that they can crawl into and under. And it does have like 90% of the same creatures swimming around and staring at you with googly eyes. Not too sure but it also seems like the touch pool area is bigger here...

dd,
Oh yes! Different positions as youpi said reminded me of yet another Declan moment. I used to sit him on my lap, then gently rock him back and forth in a circular manner.

Jo,
I highly envy everyone who can turn on the aircon during confinement. I'm already dreading mine. I'm already anticipating turning into a monster. The heat, the noise, the over-enthusiastic grandparents. I had the most miserable confinement the first time round and this was without the "helpful" renovation noise next door.

youpi,
So I was contemplating asking you if it's worth a visit - the Underwater World that is. Then I realised - what visit?! I'll be stuck at home for a few months! *Wails*

Oh my gosh! Calla is one tomorrow! Where did all that time go
sad.gif

Aircon during confinement: me! Shower 3 times a day: me! For second confinement. Cos looking after the two of them with no confinement nanny, I would have gone crazy if I were hot hot hit

Personally I think the underwater world is quite run down! The touch pool area always has wet floor and is smelly :s

DD smell her neck often! Not that t will help with clearing colic but it's so nice to smell babies isn't it
happy.gif

BBp
Cake: tried last week, icing melted even before leaving house haha. Tomorrow trying something else. Gulp.

Jacob ballas
We choose date and time. But I think it's got to be a Saturday. How about we target something in July then can celebrate the kids' birthdays after?

ILs are flying off this Sunday. *happiness*

SIL has a baby for them to look after.... MIL has a lot of things to say abt SIL's mil but tis none of my business to know. i hate it when she tells me irrelevant stuff.
.... quick quick SIL, have another baby after 2 years..... hahahah.

dd, hugs... hang in there.

DD
Another position that someone here shared oh so long ago... lift both legs by the angles, gently rotate in a circular manner. It apparently helps ease the bowel area or something, letting them burp or fart. Is this right, mummies? Ageing lah, my memory is going the way of the dodo.

Bbp
You can bring Dec and baby, just sling
happy.gif
And make Mr Bbp carry the barang barang of course. S.E.A. is more air-conditioned. Er air con is very important! Anyway you labour and deliver baby in air con, and spend the next couple of days in an air conditioned maternity ward. Already 'tainted' by air con right?

Cellow
Your happiness is radiating through
happy.gif
Hugs too
happy.gif
As another friend reminded me, at the very end of it all, all this will not matter.

cellow
haha, you are so looking forward to sun!!

bbp
34 weeks! so fast liao!!

dun worry too much. they put on nearer the end. jx also very small. i still remember she couldn't even hit the 1kg mark at 30 weeks! declan's born pretty big! eat more durians!!

DD
hang in there!! i m terrible at burping. even now when i help my sis to burp her bb, nothing comes out!!

ah youpi,
*hug*
the key phrase is 'at the very end of it all'. right here and right now, they irritate me. i think i m just getting more impatient as i age.

bbp,
i rem gaining 4kg out of the total 12kg in the last month.... so you still have time....

Thanks for the tipS, ladies!

Youpi: rotating the legs is new to me though... Will give it a try
happy.gif

BBP: oh no! U gotto do the full works for confinement? Bribe DY to smuggle in ice cream n stuff for u when no one is looking?

BBP: I think the same like Youpi! Aircon is very important! Ha ha ha...
happy.gif
I hope you get to shower too! Send them out to fetch d, to pick out bb stufs then head straight to the toilet! And full blast your air con! :p

Am going to venture the aquarium soon! Saw your pics Youpi, nice!

boys being boys.... I intend to bring mine out to the Navy museum (free! and relatively near my home) and then the Air Force museum (free! and near my home) one Sat morning.

who wants to come along?

i m a single mom from this sat to next sunday... so the outing will most prob be next sat 20 Apr.

youpi and her pixs were the inspiration
happy.gif

youpi,
Before I bring Declan and sling the baby anywhere, I have to survive confinement first. I'll check back on mid-June when Mr bbp will be on a I-think-2-week business trip and I'll be alone with 2 kids and the ILs. :S

SY,
Yah! So fast but yet so slow. I can't wait to get my bladder and my digestive system back to normal. Peeing and burping so much nowadays I feel like I'm the newborn. But yet at the same time, I'm not ready for the newborn!

Cellow,
Thanks for the encouragement. I figured I'm doing all I can already. If she still doesn't put on, there's pretty much nothing else I can do.
Have fun with the museums!

Jo,
I'll definitely get to shower, with some strange herbal concoction. But being able to shower is good enough already. Aircon leh. That's another separate issue altogether. Maybe I'll get to cheat a little when they're out. Heh heh.

Jo & Cellow -- have fun!
happy.gif

Bbp
Mid-June: you do an open house, we'll storm the fortress and abduct you and the kids out to have fun ;p

SEA
OMY..
When we were there on Good Fri, the queue was horrible..
It takes one hr to buy tix.. Another 2 hrs to queue to go in...
Lucky we have the RWS card and got in without queuein...
It would have been so nice if there is lesser crowd.. We were incapable of taking pix with so many ppl.. Its worse than a shopping mall on sale..
Really bad choice to go on PH /weekend...

Cellow
got ur email..
no worries..

Jacob Ballas
Im in.. haven been there since Kasper was born...

Birthdays..
So glad that im done with e boys' bdae..
Phew!
Pocket one big hole already...

SAHMs
Any mummies can offer some advice??
Im planning to do it for a few mths after my contract ends..
Or maybe longer.. but im not prepared..
what do i need to look out for?
My helper will still be ard till jan though.. shld i terminate her contract or wait till it ends??

smiggle,
When does your contract end? I would suggest that you keep your helper first. Let her do the cleaning and washing while you concentrate on the kids first then slowly take on more stuff.

Youpi: lol at storming the fortress! I'm going to get the passes this weekend!
happy.gif

Ya! BBP, take very long visits to gynae and pd too! Then every week also plan a day out to bring kid to check if she has jaundice! (Touch wood! Of course!) just an excuse to go out!

Cell: how come alone with 2?

Smiggle: take it easy first. Have the maid around. Get a feel of is this what you want to do first. Don't think it's te same as ML. So good to try out first.

bbp,
dun buy too many of the strange herbal concoctions from the chinese medical halls..... gave me a rash!
bathing with water boiled w ginger and lemongrass is good enough.

i so DO NOT miss the newborn days.
i love smelling newborns' heads. i just borrow yours ok
happy.gif

Why I m not having #3
besides the usual financial, time, energy, breastfeeding grouses..... I wrote down the impact on my marriage in this blog post.
http://hisabundantblessingss.blogspot.com/2013/03/for-new-mom.html
The book i mentioned.... hmmm.... i should make my TTC sisters read it first. yep yep, 2 of my 3 sisters are TTC..... champion. i m fertile like nobody's biz and here they are a year plus into the process.

smiggle!
happy 5th birthday to kayden!

jo,
Mr C is going on a biz trip to the Netherlands from 13 Apr to 21 Apr. will miss him but i m also looking fwd to parenting alone :p sometimes.

Cellow,
Thanks! Will let my hubby know then ask him to pass the message to my MIL. The herbal things was my MIL's idea from Declan's first month. Actually I think a lot of these practices are a bunch of I'm-not-very-sure-but-I-think-it-should-be-like-this.
Fertile - not just you la, but Mr C also. Basically both of you are like both me and Mr bbp. The moment we play a-fool with the fertile period aka Natural Family Planning method, tio beh bio liao.

bbp,
teeheehee.
i just picked up Dr John Lee's book on "What your doctor may not tell you about premenopause: balance your hormones and your life from 30 to 50".... boy, m i glad that i never took any form of oral contraception consistently.

the book is a great but difficult-to-wade-through-all-the-scientific-terms read. now if only someone smarter and more artistically inclined than me will mind map it in colourful drawings.... lazzzzzzzyyyyyy me.

Hello! Zombified mummy here with a girl acting princess's by taking small 5 min meals only... Every hour or less!

But slowly getting the hang of things and yikes! Almost a month has passed with almost nothing being done, other then latch, change diaper/bathe, latch, rock and sing to baby (or competing to see who's louder... Mummy or baby haha)

What I miss: baby movements in belly

What I'm so glad for now: being able to sleep in any position I like without the big bulging belly

What I don't like: the jail term and missing out on lots of parties and activities (but soon we should be able to resume normal life?)

Ooh.. Mr DD will be in Germany 13-20 apr... Hope it won't be another chaotic week cos he's been helping me mind G a lot and my older sis is due to deliver anytime now too!

Dd,
What else is there to do but those things??
I will certainly not miss those baby movements. I swear she feels like a Wing Chun expert sometimes.
How come she doesn't drink? Does she fall asleep cos it's too comfortable?

Gpod news for me! She's 2.3kg now. Phew! She was only 1.6kg 3 weeks ago so I was really worried. Guess those suppers did help. But still only 10-15th percentile though. Hope she'll spurt somemore although I cant imagine how much bigger my tummy can stretch!

Back