(2008/07) July 2008

with C1, tis consistently and regularly - WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

with C2, tis only when i have time to look at him properly - WOW. then need to scuttle off to tend to C1, tend house, tend my job, watever else... then again WOW. i dun do wow-ness as frequently, but the intensity is still the same. wow-ness never goes into lower caps.

happy.gif

ok?

Yeah... *Thumbs up*
Totally understand the decrease in frequency but I'm glad that the intensity is still the same.

I *think* something in me is going tick-tock.

Ok, I need Dec to piss me off real bad later. Cos tick-tock is not good.

*tries not to laugh and not succeeding*

both you and mr bbp need to hear the tick tick ticking of the clock. dec is a well behaved boy, and you are a patient mum, so i dun think he will piss you off real bad later.

wat else can deter you?
that is, if you want to stop at 1 <font color="0000ff">for now</font>.

But I don't think men hear the ticking as loudly as women do.

Oh, but I'm not a patient mom when it comes to eating. You should be EXTREMELY glad you don't have a boy that doesn't like food. Cos that keeping food in mouth and not swallowing reaaaallly pisses me off.

And my dear, you really didn't need to put those words in a different colour. It's quite obvious on its own :S

food
C1 has been rejecting milk for a day or 2 now. and doesnt want to eat wat i cook too (especially porridge). i reckon he wont starve himself, he will eat when he is ready, so i dun fuss. tis a phase that will pass. maybe cough and phlegm again la.

dor,
this cough/phlegm thing is realllllly irritating!

waiwai,
happy birthday to ZH!
if i count the 40weeks gestation, then i have been a mum of 2 for approx one year too! *blink*

Happy birthday to ZH! So fast.

Jace
BB really looks so demure and sweet
happy.gif
just curious, what will you call her? Cos Li xun is xu gal right? And it's the same xun right? So how? I'm so kaypoh hor :D

Bbp
Come, you sing hickory dickory dock with me! :p

Smiggle
How, you feeling better?

Mich
Are you busy fighting with colleagues?
happy.gif

Btw girls, to those whom I've met before. Do I LOOK unapproachable? I've been told I look fierce if I don't smile. But you girls know me la. I'm so siao that if I start smiling and laughing, it was really not do my professional image any good! So I've been told I don't look approachable. At work. Hmmm. I figured between not approachable and serious vs approachable and accomodating (ie everyone will mistake it as "please dump all your work on me") and not taken seriously, the choice is clear.

Cellow must be having the TGIT syndrome... super duper happy ya?

Jace,
Big Xun and Small Xun!

PB,
Oh well, no need to bother I think. If people get to know you, then they will know you are approachable. Comes with time... no need to rush. I get that unapproachable thing often too. And I don't bother. But then again, maybe I'm not PR. Haha.

SY, Dd, youpi,
Instead of Macritchie, want to do a <font color="ff0000">Botanic Gardens picnic at about 5pm</font> instead?
Anyone interested?

Lol lol lol!!

Today I'm so busy at work. Was reading post while having my dinner now and I glance through the post from bottom up

Then there's this about less frequency, but same intensity.... ;) then there's wow wow wow wow wow, then someone
agree on freq and the wow wow wow, and that she likes and it makes her happy, I thought, whoa, today so hot topic!! Hee Hee

As to #2, I worry I can't give eboy my 100% attention and love and I think he deserves that from us, so he's going to be the only child to get all of that, plus my legacy!

cellow,

Maybe an impending sore throat? Wuffy also rejects milk and porridge (and every other thing) when having a sore throat. Although like bbp, wuffy doesnt like to eat, it is 10 times worse when he is sick.

bbp,

I also have that question as well. I always worry we don't have enough love for #2. Cos now #1 occupies our entire world and we love him all so much. But I remember what Cellow said a very long time ago, "love is not divided, but multiplied"
happy.gif
So I do believe the warm and fuzzy feeling in the chest and stomach will still be there when i see #2.

Sesame Street!

We are going! This sat, 7pm. Anybody else going in that time slot??

Jace,

Small Xun is a beauty! At 1 week old, she looks nice and chubby! You have done well!

michelle,

okie okie!! will keep a lookout for you!
happy.gif

Maxi Cosi car seats,

Anybody using it? Is it good? Need to get another car seat for #2 (rather, the old one will be given to #2 as it is an infant car seat too, wuffy is getting the new one). My fren is ordering from Europe as it is much cheaper, so wanted to find out if there are any real life reviews here.
happy.gif

Mich,
I love the way your mind works. Haha.

batgirl,
Why is it that Wuffy and Declan are so similar in eating styles ah?
I've heard rave reviews about Maxi Cosi although Declan doesn't have one.

Selamat Hari Raya and happy long weekend everyone!

BM pdn
Dunno about boob IQ but am sure they're all pretty capable
happy.gif
Just to share: my #1's first taste of milk was FM as I was haemorrhaging and needed a blood transfusion. Only bf him the next day and he had FM in the meantime. But he ended up tbf-ing for 2.5 years. #2 latched on immediately after birth but had one FM feed in the hospital. Thereafter tbf and he is still latching on like a newborn now. So feeding FM does not necessarily mean the end of bfg. Both boys had FM by cup so there was no nipple confusion.

Hospital nurses
I lurve those at Mt A. Because I was alone for #2's labour and delivery, after he was born, they allowed my family and #1 to come into the labour ward and hang out. Usually only hb is allowed, I think, no kids, no other people. Then we got the same room as during #1's time in the maternity ward and the nurses recognised us so it was like a friend-friend gathering.

PB
No, you're smiley
happy.gif

What is happening at the Indonesian Embassy? We were at the Thai Embassy last weekend, gorging on yummy Thai food, yum yum yum yum yum!

Dor
L also kena cough/phelgm but only at home and at night. Sigh. And we want to go swimming tomorrow...

Life with two
Wow comes a lot 'cos both are so different. Wow esp when they play together. Wow when you see the sibling relaionship building before your eyes, the way they relate to each other as individuals, the way they have already sussed out the 'we kids, you parents' dynamic.

Feeding
Maybe it's time for a change... our toddlers can eat table food already. L the ever reluctant feeder opened his mouth voluntarily after taking the first bite of his chicken and peach casserole. Thank you Gina Ford! (your recipes rock even though I don't like your sleep training methods)

for those who are religious, pls pray for my fren's little 6mo boy.
for those who are not, send best wishes to his home anyway!

from his daddy
"bbS has Chronic Granulomatous Disease (CGD). Basically it’s a rare condition in the family of immunodeficiency diseases that renders his body vulnerable to bacteria and fungus infections. In clinical terms, one of the major groups of white blood cells found in bbS cannot produce hydrogen peroxide to oxidise (and dissolve) common bacteria and fungus that gets into his body. In practical terms, a simple act of sucking on dirty fingers, an open cut wound or even a walk in the park could potentially kill him (if he breaths in the spores from fungi commonly found on tree barks). If you got time, you can look up Google to learn more about CGD, there’s plenty of information online.

bbS tends to get infections easily, hence we have to be very cautious about cleanliness ever since we found out about it. He got diagnosed when he developed a big lump in his neck in late May this year. It was an infection of the lymph nodes in his neck caused by a particularly strong and antibiotic-resistant bacteria called MRSA (commonly found on our skin). He has since recovered from that first infection and now he has developed his second infection in the lymph nodes under his armpit. But as of yesterday, we started to notice his neck growing another lump again (opposite side from the first infection), so we are monitoring him closely. We probably need to admit him into KKH to start his IV antibiotics soon as he is not responding well to his current oral antibiotics. So far all his infections have occurred in his lymphatic system which can be resolved quickly with IV antibiotics and surgery (to drain the puss accumulation). We are praying that he does not get an infection in a major organ (like his lungs or kidneys) as things would get very serious then.

Bottom line is, we need a bone marrow transplant (BMT) to cure him of this condition, otherwise his body would just keep getting infected by bacteria and fungi that are found everywhere and are normally quite harmless to us. Each infection would shorten his lifespan quite considerably if we do nothing about it. We have to do the BMT sooner rather than later while he is still somewhat protected by the antibodies that he is receiving from his mummy’s milk. Going to childcare or school would be out of the question while he still has this condition. Unfortunately neither mummy, his elder sis or myself have compatible bone marrow to S, so we can’t start the BMT process as quickly as we would have wanted. The only bright spark is that S has been coping very well even with his condition, in fact he is a very cheerful and interactive boy. It’s really heart wrenching for us to see him suffer when he gets admitted into the hospital. In my line of work, I go in and out of neonatal ICUs in Singapore quite frequently and see worried parents’ faces all the time, but little did I expect to be placed in such a position as well. The BMT process will see him stay in a hospital ward for no less than 42 days (once we find a bone marrow match). During which, he would have to undergo a short span of chemotherapy to remove his existing defective immune system so that his body would not reject the new bone marrow cells being grafted in him. After that, he would have to spend a few weeks in an isolation room after the BMT procedure while he has no immune system (and still growing a new one). No small feat for big and strong adults like us, so I can’t imagine what it would be like for a 6 month old baby. Hence please pray that bbS will somehow pull through this phase of his life. Every prayer is much appreciated."

heart break heart break
sad.gif

S is only 2 weeks older than C2.
i was reading this in office late afternoon, then my eyes started to sweat profusely.

PB
Actually when I was in hospital for #1, even though I had already told them I will do total breastfeed, I was still very very worried that I dun have enough milk for him. But non of the nurses asked me if I wanted to feed formula at all. N I think I really really didn't have enough for him cos he didn't have much pee plus he had juandice so he kept sleeping alot and didn't suck much. Didn't even put on weight for the 1st few days and even lost. N I was almost caving in not sure if I am jus too stubborn for the good of my bb or not. But then lo n behold the milk finally came in and boy did he become a super chubby baby even though he was born only 2.68kg.
So for #2 I definately stuck to it but then milk came in already while in hospital and she was like dun wanna let me go till the nurses came in n ask me to jus leave her and sleep....haha

I've been told ALOT that I look fierce when I dun smile. But hey do I look crazy to you?? Who the hell smiles when they are walking by themselves or jus sitting at their desk themselves?? I really find it rediculas when I get told and will tell them back that they also dun look friendly when they dun smile.

Jacelyn
Actually hor since u still wake to pump then might as well jus latch direct, will increase ur supply too. Will get better lah last time with #1 I almost never stop latching him the 1st mth lor....hahaha
But then after he only needs to latch 10 mins per meal....very fast n good for me....hehe

Cellow
I'm laughing to myself to ur reply on bbp's qns.......LOL

re the cough n phlegm
Yeah man I am still in the period. Yest night D totally never cough. I was so happy lah but he remembers n reminded me in the afternoon. Cos I am so pissed with him coughing for so long n still irritating me the whole afternoon on eating stuff he's not supposed to I always tell him "When you dun cough at night, I will give".
N although I still never give.......HE'S COUGHING AGAIN NOW AS I TYPE!!!!!
WTF cannot give me like a week's rest!!!!
ANd when he was almost stopping E started coughing yest night AGAIN. OMG.
My bank a/c is bleeding...........

youpi
Same here it only happens at night. Daytime is all clear so pd actually not very worried......but i am lor!!

Cellow
Read your post also very heart wrenching.....such a small baby have to endure so much. Hope he gets through it all smoothly.

On Bfing
Okie I have a very weird dilema....
Hmmm why weird....cos I also dunno what I am trying to do....sigh
I am reintroducing FM to E n hoping she will take some FM and use the bottle. We used to offer her D's leftovers in D's bottle and she will suck suck suck n give it back. Then I bought a bottle for her and will pour her some of D's FM and she still suck suck suck and give back. Okie she's a lazy girl so normally she will jus hold the bottle in her mouth for very long and only drinking a tiny wee bit. The amt decreases by the day.

So now what happens is I force her to drink a small amt of FM(I make 100ml) before I allow her to latch and sleep.
And most nights she will cry cry cry cry cry when I refuse to let her latch. Then groggy from crying she drinks alittle from the bottle n sometimes latch sometimes not.

Actually bfing her is not such a big deal cos she only latch in the morn and evening or night if we go out. But will latch all afternoon on n off for fun I guess when we stay home.
But maybe I am thinking of stopping or want to have more options cos not sure if I still have enough nutrients for her or FM might be better.

Then when she latches on me in the morn and smiles at me like I'm the only person she loves. I wonder why I have to force her to take Fm at night.....sigh
N now yest night she took bottle n slept after crying n today she jus slept without latching or FM. I worry she dun have enough and she is already so petite(still not quite 10kg yet).

Sigh.....see I also dunno what I'm trying to achieve....sigh

bbp,

Don't know why they have the same affinity for food....
happy.gif
Only eating habits though. Wuffy will never ever let me sit 1 hr at a hawker centre to eat my lunch. heehee

Cellow,

Hope bbS pulls through. The parents must be going through a lot. hiaz... hope a BMT will appear for the baby soon.

dor
@ "....smiles at me like I'm the only person she loves." : awwww.

@ "Sigh.....see I also dunno what I'm trying to achieve....sigh" : don't smack me ah. maybe you just want a little freedom and your boobs to be yours again?

i know that's how i felt!

we just went for my nephew's birthday party. everytime i meet up with my family i feel like my nephew is constantly being cared for by either my parents or their helper or in today's case, his other set of grandparents/aunts etc. whereas for poppy, it's always just either bluebunny or i taking shifts to eat/be with her.

guess it's like that cos my bro stays with my parents so i guess naturally his son is closer with my/our folks. but still. aiyah. i also don't know what i am trying to say. like ever since i moved out, i don't seem to be considered part of the family anymore liddat. like when my dad wanted to get a bigger car, i said 'what for? most times it will only be used by one person leh' (which is true). but he said 'no la, the whole family can sit in it together when we go out'. after calculating the number of seats, bluebunny told me that we were not included in 'whole family'. i very gek sim.

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

i know my folks don't do it intentionally but still, it's quite tough to know that they have unconsciously blocked me out

gooood morning!

sayang PB!
my parents already treat me like not part of 'their' family. sometimes i wonder whether it extends to C1 and C2... even though C1 is their first grandchild, they dun seem to be very excited abt him. even my aunt (the one whom C1 and C2 stay with during the day) and my sisters are more excited abt the Cs.

i sound like a teenager, still grappling w parent issues :p :p :p

dor,
understand la. you are preparing for a day (maybe) when you are not around, then E will not drink except fm you then siao liao. One thing at a time lor...
"smiles at me like I'm the only person she loves...." - awwwwww
C1 has not done that for a looooooong time.

dor hang in there.. not easy to wean off latching... have you tried reasoning with her or telling her why she should stop now? my sis tried to do that.. it helped a little..

being a middle child, and one who was in the shadow of a much smarter older sis.. I had issues when younger too, and it affected me emotionally.. but now that i'm older, I seem to realise that it's not possible for parents to love every kid the same way.. or that it's inevitable that they'd be closer to my younger sis' kids who they see more often.. somehow it doesn't hurt me now.. coz I feel as long as they do love us still.. i'm quite alright... plus my mom feels damn guilty up til today about it.. though I told her I'm really ok with it now.. hehe

was there any favourites among you pb and cellow?

poor bbS.. hope things work out well..

barney: how was the show?? going for sesame street soon.. someone's snoozing to conserve energy to shout out to cookie monster later! hope it will be a blast!

he had some funny red mark on his face that now looks like a very red 5 cents coin.. applying hydrocortisone.. will it go away?
sad.gif

DD
Shoo BBG's red mark!

Hope all the sesame street kids enjoy themselves!

Were there favourites among us... Hard to say cos the age gap between me and #2 is 6 years (7 years with #3 and 17 years with #4. No typo). So I had 6 years of being an only child. And my parents had us at different stages of their lives ie maturity and financial capabilities.

But I spent most of my years at home feeling like they hardly bothered about me cos they knew I could take care of myself. It could still be the case now I guess. The rest still stay with my parents.

Oh well. Like Cellow says, enough of teenager style complaints. Should really just enjoy this "oh SH*t is it already Sunday?? Ah, no it's just sat" feeling :D

Just a strange random thought... How do Japanese women manage to look so glam even with kids?

Sesame street is awesome!!! Eboy sat still and watched through from start to finish!! And held on to his Elmo too!! Haha!

Did bbg and wuffy enjoy?

Sesame Street was indeed awesome! Never knew Wuffy could be so excited! When we first entered the area, he kept saying, "Mummy! Elmo is coming!!". During the show when Elmo is not in the scene, he kept asking, "Mummy! Where is Elmo?" He clapped and "head banged" to the music. But after the 15 min interval i think he got a bit sleepy, not as enthusiastic as the first half liao. But on the whole, yes, i would say he enjoyed himself!

I also wanted to get one of the soft toys for wuffy, but dunno where to get them (cos partly I arrived at 7pm and have no time to go and rackie). Hmm...maybe go down to Indoor Stadium later and grab him an elmo...say it is a gift from mei mei ? :p

Batgirl, surprisingly they don't have Elmo soft toy at the indoor stadium. Only Abby. Get from kiddy palace lah.

Eboy not so Rock to the music. He just hugged his elmi and watched intensely instead, clapping and doing the intcy wintcy spider thingy... ;)

oh is it? no elmo? okie...i saw many kids holding elmo or oscar the grouch. heehee.
happy.gif

Wuffy likes Linkin Park and Sheryl Crow. thus tend to be more "rock". haha!
happy.gif

Jus spent two hours at the salon and had my hair cut shooooorrrt!!! Feels lighter but looks fat!!

M going on a diet regime now. Don't ask me out for lunch.

PB: whoa.. didn't know the age gap between your siblings are that huge.. and didn't know there was a no.4 too! makes us grow up I guess..

re: jap women looking glam: tell me when u find out ok? coz i'm always looking haggard and tired.. wonder if i should really learn to put on make up.. at this age when i probably need it more now haha..

can't believe the weekend's over.. *groan*

monday blues. starting engine after looooong weekend is hard. Mr C drove like a maniac. he used the s*** and b**** words a few times in C1 and C2's presence too.

well, there were a lot of slow moving CARS this morning that left huuuuuuuuge gaps in the traffic.

still. when i got out of the car, i told him i would find it extremely unfunny if one day C1 gets really angry and blurts out either of the abv words.

dd,
oooh middle child syndrome. the eldest is most accomplished, the youngest is cutest, so the middle ones are ignored.
i m the eldest. and on paper, the most accomplished.

pb,
yep, this teenagerish whining doesnt do our own parent-child relationship any good. thinking abt ways to solve it as an adult.
i have asked my mum to come down and play w her grandchildren... but she somehow manages to always have some medical ailment or too tired. i have decided to tell her that she can come as and when she likes, just call me first, and that (this is the kicker) i m not gonna ask her to spend time w her grandchildren anymore.

a thot that i would not say out loud to her - time w my children is your privilege as a grandparent.

Jap mums looking glam
they apparently have a whole array of skincare and bodycare (and body shaping garments!!
happy.gif
) to keep them looking so fantabulous!

off topic
today's straits times page A2 describes the young teenagers as oompa loompas, always singing and doing practical jokes. wat an apt description!
i want to retain the oompa loompa ish part of myself in the office. now... wat song shall i be singing?? (or humming subversively... HAHA!)

I ordered the Paul Frank PJs since like many weeks back but still have not yet received the goods? I emailed her but no reply.. all of you received your orders???

What a blast we had at the Changi staycation! what fun the 10 kids had! adults totally pooped but already talia was asking, when can we come back again? *glupz*

watching elmo was a blast too! at the finale, after watching intently the whole time, the little guy finally couldn't take it any more and leapt off my lap, dashed into the centre aisle and started grooving to the music! muahaha!

MAJOR MAJOR MONDAY BLUES TODAY!

wanna chase off this blues with some yummy lunch anyone? *blink blink at Mich*

no lunch no lunch.. go some place with salad, maybe, then i can join... started to regret on my short haircut... later see me, dun laugh until fall off chair har!

Sesame street
Kayden loves it..
and they gave him so much milk to drink!

Michelle
i wanna eat lunch lei...

its official
happy.gif

am 7 weeks, EDD 30 April..
help.. what do i do now?? what do i eat or not eat?
must find confinement lady now?? abit lost and feeling like a first time mother.

smiggle!! congrats!!! you bring good news on a monday morning!!!
happy.gif

now, you must Bu yourself, load up with folic every day, multi vits, etc... eat healthy!

and yes, good confinement lady, can chope first. Doggiebb one, is good, no? dun feel lost, must feel happy everyday, take things easy...
happy.gif

cellow, salad cos me on diet loh.. haha

smiggle

you want my CL contact? another friend wanted her for march next year but she's already booked, but yours is april, maybe can.

eat FOLIC acid!!!

ok ok..
everyone just pm me your contacts..
i very blur cos first one didnt had confinement as baby in hospital. so my maid just cooked for me lor..
so now need i think..
folic acid i got plenty.. but i need to gain weight.. now only 39kg. and plus i cough alot.
really worried abt this one goin full term.. haiz...

congrats smiggle!

good postnatal massage lady also must chope first. i sms you my contact now... wow. so excited for you!

smiggle, dun think so much about going full term or not, most important is to take things one step at a time, happily!

so eat well, sleep well, and uhm, reduce carrying kayden too much?

come come, join us for lunch today, i eat salad, you eat meat!

doggiebb, where? what time?

you decide. i am ONZ.

super bored today! wanna go out and eat lunch and so hungry that i gobbled down one mooncake just now! glupz!

smiggle

wanna come try this salad place at raffles place? yummiest salad. a hole in the wall place behind bank of china building!

LOL, smiggle, your craving for food start liao?
happy.gif

we were planning for salad today.. which i think should have those roast chicken salad or soup type, you want?

are you at home? i can pick you from home since you stay so near my office....

Back