(2008/07) July 2008

cin,
Haha, maybe I'm doing so much research cos my brain is subconsciously trying to make the places run out so that dec will need to stay at home with me.

SY,
So Macritchie this Friday? I can make it.

bbp, DD
hmmm, dunno whether i can go or not!! my hb last min arrange with my mil to go pay respects to his grandfather. i told my hb me n kids already plan to go macrichtie. and can't go in afternoon cos so hot rigt...

anyway, let's plan first. i will try to go. what is a good time?

re iherb orders
finalyl sorted out the 'pig head'
happy.gif

can either pass to me when i pass the items to u or transfer to me also can

Michelle - $146.53
Cin - $24.28
DD - $255.76 (will email u the breakdown cos some of it is your fren's one. )
BBP - $66.41 + $6(swensens) + $6.50 (toothpaste) = $78.91
Youpi - $66.10

In future if any of your single orders is large enough, I can help u order and put your add as shipping add. still can get discount. large orders means either your order is within USD 80 and less than 3 pounds (shipped weight) or your orders is ard USD 200 (which gives u economy of scale in shipping). Hee, can ask me which is the best way for your orders if u need. I m expert liao.
happy.gif

SY,
Thanks, I will transfer the amount to you later tonight.

Macritchie outing:
I can't make it already. Sorry. I didn't know if it was going to materialise and planned a breakfast thingy with my brother and parents liao.

corny joke for the weekend:

"Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher.

The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant."

The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked.

"Sure," said the young student confidently. "Means carrying a child."

bbp,
ooooh so cute. the illustration and the synopsis. are you ordering fm the website? can i tompang?

dd,
so jagong-y!

Helloooo!! Happy Monday! Its a short week, everybody!!

how was your weekend?

Jace, how you feeling??? enjoy your confinement yah.. oh, din know some of you went to visit... does the baby gal look like xun?

coming longweekend
eboy going to meet Barney AND Elmo! planning a picnic by the beach, cycling, and sun tanning. Then to airport, maybe do some shopping... looking forward!!!!!

hello mummies,
back from food posioning.. went to kkh a&e on monday nite..
then had a side effect to their medicine.. was on MC whole week..

they also saw something, and im seeing gynae this sat...

Batgirl
can we meet up this thurs for lunch??

Jace
congrats!!!

doggiebb,
delphin tour ended at my home sat morning 11am after YL went to bbp's place. after seeing all the yucky yuck that came out of one bed, Mr C was super tempted to buy.... how many times a week do you (or in this case, Rose) use it ha?

Smiggle
Hope you are better. What did they see?

Cin
Wow you really are moving around! I cannot catch up! So it's bali next? Shiok.

Batgirl
Yay that batangel has turned!

Mummies
My aunt's funeral was on sat so I could attend. I really hate going to mandai crematorium. It's all too familiar. All too sad. It was very hard for me to see my mother crying so much. They were very close. It was hard to see my cousins, younger than me, taking care of the funeral arrangements. Boys having to act like grown men.

It made me think too, that when I go, I don't want poppy to go thru all that by herself. Good to have a sibling's hand to hold.

On a lighter note, a really yummy recipe to share: coriander chicken.

Fry chicken till browned, add carrots zuchini potatoes onions parsnip, fry then add veg or chicken stock. Add ground coriander and dash of tumeric. When bubble, stir in 1-2 tsp plain flour.

Put in pre heated oven at 180 degrees for 45 min. Yum.

And finally, some updates.
Bluebunny starts work in late Oct. Poppy will start going to playschool next week. I've chosen to let bluebunny bring her for first 3 days. But I think I will try to go for one of those days. Better load up on the tissue supply.

cellow

she does the mattresses once a week. cannot tahan right? after seeing the yucky yuck!

smiggle

let us know after you see gynae. aiyo poor you! so skinny already still food poisoning! must have lost wt!

PB

*pass PB some tissues* hang in there sista!

and yes, i was formally a firm 1-child believer until my mum got sick and I saw how much easier it was that i had 2 sisters to take turns to sit at the hospital, to pray together, to discuss things together.

mich

you seeing barney too? muahaha! you also have one packed long weekend coming up!

Mich & doggiebb
i want to bring kayden see barney or elmo..
which one is better..
and if in back seats, can rush to the front? i worry i must carry him all the way la..

hehe.. hold ur horses first.. too early to see anythin.. that's why must go back..
it was like an re-enactment of 2yrs ago when my hubby rushed me to hospital..
carry me to a&e and not know what was goin on..

i hate barney! so cannot give you objective comments on that muahaha! but for these shows, i feel must see top price seats, or else they will be so small that i think watching teewee at home will be better!

Doggiebb, I also dun like Barney so my in laws are bringing him while I go watch a movie!!!
happy.gif

Aiyo, smiggle, very scary your a&e encounters. No more already ok!! Meanwhile, fuel up with folic!!!! Keep us updated...

pb,
*tissue box coming rite up*
i appreciate having my sisters around now that we are done w growing up. shd have poppy-sequel soon if decided. our eggs are not getting any younger lor.....
happy.gif

smiggle,
side effect to medicine.... wat? will affect a potential bb anot? you best bu yourself more.... so slim you.

doggiebb,
*puts on thinking cap re delphin* Mr C and I think tis a hefty invst. But def will put it to good use IF we buy. so still thinking thinking.... he is negotiating w yenleng now.
the room smells soooooooo goooooooood after she left!

bbp, you not tempted to buy the delphin at all ah?

PB
agree on the sibling thing. i keep telling hb we shd have one more kid (hopefulyl a gal) so that jx can have a sis. wd be nice for a gal to have sisters.

Great to hear that BB got the job. so when is poppy starting playsch?

smiggle
got good news??? your food poisoning must be serious...do take care!!!

re delphin
sounds like it's better than rainbow...wah the lady getting good biz.....

gals, is it very silly to think of quiting because of your staff? What happened last week and it got on my nerves so badly.... this was what happened:

Incident #1.
The attitude king (at-king) is a project manager for a project supporting a bigger programme (run by me). There was a project milestone meeting with the foreign counterpart (high level) and multiple parties were involved. On wed (first day of meeting), at-king SMSed after meeting started that "hi, i'm not feeling well so can only join in later. pls start without me". He just assumed I am attending the meeting which I already told him i am not. anyway, the project engr supporting him was there and started the meeting, and in the end, i had to be there to make sure everytjing is ok. In the end, at-king only made a grand entrance at 330pm and he looked fine to me. anyway, there were tonnes of issues to be done, and the next day was suppose to be half day only, so we decided to start the meeting at 830am sharp the next day. I told the team (in particular looking at at-king "Don;t be late, we will start at 830am sharp). The next day came, at 730am, he SMSed again saying he's still not feeling well and may not be able to make it. Was I pissed? yes. this is the 5th time he did this in such critical meetings. So, as soon as i reached office, i SMS him back that the meeting is only half day, and that he is to come back to sign on the MOM (as the PM). he can take the afternoon off if he's still not well, I can cover him for the brief to DIR (scheduled long ago). 830am came, and NOT A SINGLE SOUL was at the meeting room. Even the young engr was late. I started the meeting feel like boiling inside. I had to scramble for the projectors, laptops etc cos the logistics were all with them!! only at 1030am, at-king replied my SMS and said "ok". reached office only at 11.45am. Again, he looked fine. I was pissed. Imemdiately handed the meeting back to him, and proceeded to tidy up the slides for the brief to DIR later that afternoon. The whole day, i skipped breakfast and lunch!

Told my big boss about it and he later "scolded" the at-king but at-king, as the legend for attitude king, did not give a damn and smile it off.

He applied for medical leave and I did not approve until he shows me the MC. I'm still waiting to see the MC.

Incident #2.

On friday, GASOT was to have a project meeting with the users at 2pm. she was on leave in the morning. At 1.35pm, only then, she SMSed to inform me that she is stuck and will be late. asked if I could proceed with the meeting on her behalf. Can i say no? in the eleventh hour, with the entire team ON THE WAY over for meeting? so i said ok. we went on the meeting and only at 430pm, she told me she is done and even asked 'i'm done and nearby, you need me back?". I was like. DUH!!

In the end, last friday was a mad rush for me cos I had to cover so many people's job and in the end took that many extra hours to do mine.

its very infuriating, and if this goes on, I can die! HEEEELPPP!!

to elaborate on at-king
while in the office, at-king told my boss that he cant join in the brief and *saying loud and clear to the whole open office* "I am actually on MC these two days". My boss, after hearing it, said to him., also loud and clear, that hey, you look perfectly fine to me, and dun trick me, cos I am medically trained. OK, my boss is a medic in NS... again, at-king smiled it off.
the next day at a review meeting chaired by my boss, the whole team (20odd ppl) were there. again, my boss looked at at-king, and said "wah, you, two days MC.. doesnt look like it leh, nowadays MC very easy to get hor".. and guess what at-king replied?!? "Ya, nowadays MC can buy one!".. I slap forehead.. give up! and My boss went on to tell the story how his son, despite not feeling well, insisted to join in some competition that he signed up for... and then ended by saying that "even my primary school son has a better attitude"..

I mean, wouldnt you feel a teeny bit guilty for doing such things? but noooo... he acted like nothing happened..

really, I am waiting to see that MC... still waiting.... I am not letting the matter off...

but, having to do such confrontational stuff is NO JOY, and I HATE IT. I hate it that i have to be like a nagging mother to talk sense to other people's children. I hate it that i need to teach other people what is basic work discipline. I HATE IT!!!

so, can i quit?

mich

i read liao also boil! and even going to your big boss doesn't matter to them? how to get any work done?

can warning letters be given? can you threaten them with bad appraisals?

i suppose warning letters can be given from HR if i escalate it all the way. SO i am waiting to see that piece of MC. if he can produce, fine. if not, i will think of what to do.

The main reason for at-king, i believe, is that he thinks he is going for his post grad study in Jan next year, and that he can 'start to hand over". hey, HR haven approved for his study yet and he is already displaying such traits. I know he wants to leave for study in Jan partly cos his wife is giving birth in Dec this year. I can defer his study start date to Jul 11 if I want to you know....

As much as I want to be sympathetic and nice and understnading, i think you got to earn that, and not take it for granted.

so, a lot of straightening needs to be done, and shaking up to do... just hate to do it, that's all. sigh.

Mich
Are those 2 people very young? They sound like they haven't been working for long. Nope. Don't quit cos of them. They are the problem, not you. Call them in one by one and talk to them, pref on neutral grounds like mtg room (not ur office). Tell them this behavious is neither professional nor acceptable. They have been given the flexibility to work like responsible adults (hey, I don't have that! My boss micromanages me!) and if they continue to abuse that, you will not hesitate to give them a warning letter. 3 strikes and you're out, right?

Mine is the opposite. The boss is the one who is obviously very tam Chia for self gains. Whenever there are overseas opportunities she will not even bother disguising her intention to put herself up for it. Today she talked about one such trip and I swear I could see a pool of drool forming Haha.

yes, he is definitely taking advantage of the system but i agree it's tiring being the b*tch to institute discipline!

guess you have to decide. can you close both eyes? if cannot, then be a b*tch all the way and make sure he learns his lesson or get him transferred out.

it's not worth it losing your health (missing meals) over subordinates like that!

PB, oh no oh no, GASOT is 1 year OLDER than me (age and work years)... at-king has been with us for 4 over years, and before that, been working outside for 2 over years.....

I think they just take the flexibility for granted and yes, i am thinking of taking back those flexibility privileges, until they earn it back.

I know what needs to be done, I just hate to do it, cos you know, it takes someone with black face and emotionless, and I FEEL BAD DOING SUCH Things.. you get what i mean?

I suppose I can learn to do it, and eventually get really good at it, but why do i want to be such a person when i am also taking pay every month, doing such things which i don't enjoy .... sigh.
sad.gif

hey those of you who wanna grab some last minute tix to the sesame street show.. think the cheapest tickets (SGD15) are going one-for-one now!

I still find barney and his friends rather ugly with funny fran-drescher-like voices, but growing to love the songs leh, and so is bbG.. watch with eyes closed?

CONGRATS smiggleP! You must take care of yourself leh..I think Kayden can knock u out easily if you two had a boxing match man!

feeling guilty reading all your comments about the anti-one-child-policy..some siblings are not even on talking terms or close or responsible enough to share the responsibility right? and the one-child has friends/girlfriends/wives to confide in too mah... right? right? right? mich hor???

what's the diff between delphine and rainbow again? a borrowed rainbow is sitting in my storeroom at the moment muahahhaha

the tough part of work is mostly not the technical bits but the human mgt bit huh?

doggiebb is right.. either tolerate or sack them! haha

mich,
Think of it as discipline in a good way.
You need to get your job done, and you need them to fall in line.

If you have to black face and emotionless in front of them, do it. Just do your crying and yelling and emo in the toilet, if during office hours, and at home if outside office hours.

Take back their privileges. Do it as a form of cautioning the others on your team that such behaviours are not to be tolerated.

if i draw a parallel to motherhood, being boss is a little like that. You wouldnt allow Eboy to lord it like this over you rite.

Am i making sense ah? in telecon now but i had to respond. facing some stupid work issue too.

smiggle,
wooooohooo~ congrats ahh!! no worries la. stay calm. i am reaching the "fateful" week also. praying hard bbC will b more guai den korkor n let me pass thru the gate safely. hurhur.

dd,
having another child is a very BIIIIIIIIG decision. ultimately you have to decide why you want (or dun want) another child.

for myself, it was def easier for me to have sisters around when parents were ill. at least there is some support for each other. Mr C and I are nt only children, so we always figured we would have more than one, just so they have coy when growing up. And yes, hold each other's hands at our funerals.

although.... the boys might not want to hold hands then... do manly bear hugs or watever works for them
happy.gif

DD, why do you need to keep reminding yourself on your one-child policy? if you have doubts, talk it out with Mr DD. maybe both of you will decide to have one or two or three more! hee hee...

oh, btw, bbG continue with playclub?

and oh, btw, I work in an organisation who does not believe in hire and fire... so sack them is totally beyond me..

oh, me, a bitch? can I? should I?

i still waiting for the MC... he ignored my email asking for MC.. what should I do??? continue pestering?

Mich
Don't pester. You are not his mother. Since you've already asked for it then now issue the warning. "if I don't get it, I will take necessary displinary action. This is an abuse of the company's kindness" or something

I'm facing my own crap at work. I just got told (in not so many words): "you just need to be a follower and copycat". The company wants to be a leader and can be but someone obviously has diff plans.

Tomorrow is my appraisal. Wonder if I shd just throw in the towel. Original plan is to stay to finish this exciting project. But Hugo just wants me to do all the copycat work and dress it up to claim credit for it.

But no job means no maternity leave hehe

mich - i think you should just make it a HR issue cos producing MC after declaring being on MC is very standard.

Smiggle - await yr good news and confirmation! bunny baby!!

sayang PInkB - erm, my dept looking for PR manager if u r keen to apply
happy.gif

Smiggle
Yay congrats!
happy.gif

MIch
You have given a lot of chances already and he is taking advantage of that to try to push the envelope even further.

PB
Will you be requiring maternity leave soon, hehe.

Cellow
Over the weekend hb used the Delphin to (i) clean the curtains (ii) clean the mattress (iii) clean the floor (iv) purify the room. So yes, it is very useful if you use it. YL recommended weekly mattress cleaning and twice-weekly floor vacuuming. Purifying the room at night - up to you.

SY
What time will you be at MacRitchie on Friday? I can probably meet you there to get the stuff and pay you at the same time.

Cin_bunny
Does your dept also need a PR exec?

Cellow,
I'm still deciding whether or not to order books. I'll let you know ok?
I was tempted to buy the Delphin but hubby wasn't overly convinced due to many reasons. So well...

Wah..has mr Youpi helped in housework as much previously? Or has the Delphine converted him? Hehe. Hb n I r lazy bums when it comes to housework

One child policy..think I'm someone real weak when it comes to standing firm or emotions..keep feeling guilty for not giving him a sibling n doesn't help to have almost everyone telling me that, incl hb but he said he'd just respect whatever decision I make since he's not gonna bend over n chip in more to help with another kid.. N I really cAnt see how I can find the time n energy for another..already feel like I'm not spending enough time with my bbg and dog now..what more with another kid.. Yet I dun have the luxury of time to slowly decide either cos I'm not exactly young anymore! N I just thinking too much n worrying unnecessarily? Maybe I should just shrug it off n stick to my decision n not listen to anyone!

michelle
think just do what u need to do, dun bother abt whether u are being a b*tchy by doing all these things. if u need to escalate them in order to get things done, then just do it. nothing u do will matter to them anyway esp at king...he's terrible...even can respond to your big boss in this way. most pple will at least give big boss face but he din even bother....

or can get HR to step in to talk to them?

Youpi
i m probably going to macrichtie in the evening. let u know time when confirmed.

DD
having another child or not is really up to u. before i have jx i also wondered how i can handle having another kid and still spend time with jh. but when the time comes, u will just be able to do it. or just let things take its natural course.

SY,
Ooh, evening then maybe I can make it. You let me know when it's confirmed ok?
Anyway, just transferred the money to you... thanks!

updates!
we counted that she said our names more than 10 times during the presentation haha.

we really wanted it. we were all prepared to go on the installment scheme but somehow they did not manage to swipe our credit cards. bluebunny was very upset because they went right ahead and swiped for a lesser amount without asking. which meant that we had to top up the diff in cash. so he made his displeasure known. after that it all went downhill.

she arranged to bring up a machine to our house the second we said ok we will get it. she said that her technician happened to be driving around the neighbourhood. after our credit card didn't work, they insisted to leave the machine at our house while we called our banks to increase our credit limit.

by that time it was already 930 and we were tired and poppy really needed to sleep so we said very nicely that it was late, please leave, and please bring your machine with you

so i guess it was a blessing in disguise cos i think it was bound to be a $3k white elephant in my household
happy.gif

look what bluebunny managed to find online: http://www.boman.co.za/pKARCHER_1_195_130_0/KARCHER-Vacuum-DS-5600-HEPA-FILTER.aspx

it's retailing at $699 i think

DD
stick by whatever decision you are comfortable with!

cin bunny
thanks!

delphin purchase anot
Mr C ah.... is still negotiating for more vouchers. I m easy whether to get it anot. I reckon if we get it, we will use it. But! it IS a hefty investment.
Now I should think abt C1 and C2's health rite.

so farni PB and BB counting how many times she said our names during the presentation. Mr C was out at supermkt the first time around, so she did the presentation to me first, then another one w Mr C. I had the space and time to admire / take stock of her selling tactics the second time around. Must learn smthing mah.
First, she is non threatening. The overall impression is that she is another auntie sharing the benefits of her prdt.
Second, she shares that she herself used the machine and it improved her son's health, previously was asthmatic but now is not.
3rd, the demo of the machine is really dramatic in terms of how much yucky yuck it managed to suck up. it IS a good product no doubt abt it. i m just not sure that tis worth the asking price.

DD,
my take is if mr DD is firmly agst the idea of another child and already said he doesnt want to take care, and therefore you will be in charge of #2 <font color="0000ff">all by yourself</font>.... i wont do it. a child needs both a father and a mother to grow. anyway that's wat i think only la. pls feel free to ignore my musings. because in the words of jon bon jovi, babe, tis your life.

michelle,
feel better after a night's rest and playing w eboy?
you dun need to sack. just make them so uncomfortable that they quit or transfer to another team of own accord.... easier said than done though. let me think abt some prev _really ugly_ examples i have seen and get back to you

youpi - erm, no PR exec role but if u r keen to work with PR agency I can check ;)

delphine -my friend loaned me her unit..she said no need to buy. i guess once a month cleaning is better than nothing :p

Eboy said "haaaaa-ouse" this morning!!!!
happy.gif

aiya, i wont feel better at work one lah.. not with these at-kings and gasots around... but i realised that instead of changing them, i might as well change me (to feel better and dun be affected). watch my own health.. haha... am i spouting nonsense? dunno.... see, totally confused... muahaha..

anybody wants to meet for lunch tomorrow????

mich,
YAY to eboy's 'haaaaa-ouse!'
yes dear you make sense. tis back to 'who can make me feel good (or bad) except me' attitude. PB's qn of how many % self inflicted misery comes to mind. i liked batgirl's response!!
happy.gif

lunch tmr
onz! m going from home. i need to be in orchard Mt E by 2pm to bring c2 for his 2nd 6-in-1 vaccination. can we go for korean fried chix again at tras st? i m sure there must be a bus i can take to orchard from there. any other suggestions are most welcome.

doggiebb scurrying away... reminds me of rabbits and bunnies. change nick to bunnybb? LOL!

Back