(2008/07) July 2008

cellow
I always talk terms with D......hahaha
But sadly it didn't work ......cos ......sigh ....and I really blame myself for being itchy finger for buying tix and going to that bbprom. Cos he got really lost there and he has a phobia of that place now and everytime i mention it he will just keep telling me he doesn't wanna go there, he dun like the place. And he started this very extreme separation anxiety that has me pulling my hair sometimes.

I'll offer sweet or like last night, he kapo a chewing gum from his uncle so I told him he could eat it after sch today. And we'll be going to IKEA (next door cos we send van for repair as kanna bump by idiot so I go collect it back) And if I were to go into class with him, I will sit behind where all the mummies sit and he would sit infront and he's not supposed to come looking for me.
But well, he went toilet with the class while i wait in his classroom and he came back crying.....TWICE!!!! But he did pee the 2nd time while crying.............haha
So I'm gonna be the hardhearted mummy and leave him to class alone tomorrow since its gonna be 2 hrs this week.

And I was saying to him.... why he cried since he knows very well I am waiting for him in the classroom. There is no reason to cry right?
He tells me in his just sobbed voice, next time you give me bring handphone to class. When I cannot find you I can call u.
*faint man*

Yay for your positive thinking and yay to Mr C for thinking of u and the kids.

youpi
Was gonna ask you abt S's 1st day.
Sigh.....D always gives me all the politically correct ans so I really dunno hw to deal with it leh. Tell him I will not go into class with him he just ask "Why?". Then I explain its his sch not mine, I only go in to see hw his sch is like for the 1st 2 days. After that no parents are allowed in. Then he okie.
I ask him abt tml, "he says I will be waiting at the sofa area and he will be in class"
But I know for sure he will start crying the moment I leave...........sigh

And the teacher when I asked when exactly D start crying when he went toilet with the class, told me he actually started alittle once they walked to the toilet but he still managed to wash hands or pee lah while still crying......hehe
And she was saying their age quite attached to parent and I was saying D's actually okie all along until he got lost once.
Then she said, "Oh, no wonder he was really terrified and keep wanting to rush back to the class"
sigh.........my heart is oh so wrenching when I heard that.

Really dunno hw to manage his this fear leh. Anyone got any tips I can try?

cellow
actually i do enjoy reading sometimes when you post about foregoing a certain purchase, or about your glee when you find a bargain item. hehe. i do have a penny-pincher in me too. and sometimes when i see oh-so-cute baby girl things, i would rationalize "does this amount look better in pomfret's education savings, or look better as a dress for her now?" but alas my hb is not same mindset as me. sigh.

and yes when you suddenly need to be on a single income, you will gradually adapt to living within that income so yes, while i still miss my own income, i have learned to do without a lot of additional expenses.

poo tips
thanks for all the poo tips! gonna try to introduce those thingies to pomfret one by one. hmm. not really sure i myself am mentally ready to toilet-train her now too.

SD
pomfret can be insomniac buddies with emma. she sleeps around midnight every night too. drives me crazy!

first day at school
erm. i actually remember my first day in kindy. teacher called my name and i didn't respond. coz parents always called me by english name, and i didn't know i had a chinese name! i remember sitting on the floor, turning around coz my mummy is trying to whisper to me "go go, that's you!" from the back of the class.

and i do remember that even at that age, some kids were mean.

so erm, i do think that pre-school does leave some kind of impression on them. so pls be gentle with your sweet kiddos.

dordor,
some part of me wishes that he din have to choose.... actually when he came back and told me what happened in mid dec when having that conversation with his boss (refusing to go to China bcz it clashes with C2's birth)... i knew in my gut his time was up. they cannot very well keep him around doing nothing while the rest of his team is in China.
but i was so so so bz with my own role change that i din think too much abt it lor.

positive ah, have to la, if not, will affect C2. he does feel what i feel.

smtimes tis not the pok gai part i fear, but the emo part of him possibly moping around all day. (i know he wont in front of me)

oh it was babies prom that D got lost, and now he has phobia ah. day by day lor...
eeech, hit and run on your van?

dustee, hannahi,
hooray to the skinflint in all of us!

dustee,
i rem hanging onto my mum and then granddad in kindy, and watching them go from the window, possibly with big fat tears running down my cheeks. and having my pencil case raided by the boy sitting next to me. i wish i can say the next day, i fought him back for my eraser or pencil
happy.gif
but noooooo, i prob let him raid my pencil case for at least a few weeks.

hannahi,
psst, i tell you ah, you dun laugh ok.
even my TV was free (but not LCD tv la, the normal bulky cathode ray type) when we signed up for 2 years' subscription to starhub. the 2 years were up last sep. tis amazing what keeping eyes open to bargains will bring.

waiwai,
hard on you orrh to watch her cry...
teachers usually suggest a fav toy to bring around with them for the 1st days of school... ask them if anything else works??

michelle,
eboy's schedule is packed!

smiggle,
haha.. sometimes u just nid to go for some deals out there n u can save loads. =P i typical auntie liao la. no choice. LOL!!

we also stay in 5rm but without maid la. if i go out work n hire a maid, there should b xtra money but i rather tk care of bos on my own. dun really like the idea of him getting to close to a stranger. ... my point of view... =P

Mich,
manage to eat the crab porridge?

Yes crab porridge!!! Took it on the first night. Nice!!! Slurp!!!

Sold my old house and letting go of some sound system, 42" projection tv (bulky), microwave at cheap prices like $50 type anybody keen?
happy.gif

eboy become very sticky and whiny after the trip. And kept throwing tantrum sitting on the floor. In Macau I can't leave him alone but here, hey hey hey! I just walk away then he stand up to do other things like as if nothing happened. Qi Shi wo le!!!

Thanks all for the gong xi.
Going to see doc tomorrow.
The weird thing for me is i keep waking up at 5+ 6am every single day since sunday! Very tired...

amazon.com
doggiebb wanted to buy stuff, and i thick skinnedly asked my US teammate to bring her stuff and mine for me from US to Amsterdam. bwahahhaha.

do1nk and batgirl,
you got mail!

anyone else? i will cut off at the point where i think my teammate cannot tahan the wgt :p

hi mummy
i am back...
finally...

thanks everyone for your encouraging sms.
fortunately i have barbie if not i think i will die loh...

and agree with holly why is everyone getting pregnant?
my luck isnt there, so sad and yet happy for you mtb again...

constipation
my god mil also give gripe water

advise needed
any mummies sending their kids to cherie hearts playgroup?
can advise on the cost, duration and activity?

wah, you all very fast....

amazon.com closed liao... taking in serene's and do1nk's additional orders. my colleague will have one heavy heavy parcel to lug over to amsterdam.

Hannah
Phillips tv cant make.. they look good but spoil quickly..

Qing
u ok??

Holly
yup, cant resist..
but i cant leave without a maid.. i like clean house i will clean like crazy everyday..

Wah...long time no post. super duper busy. michelle, heng saw your email else totally forgot abt Pat's trial!

cellow, i have been thru that phase of worry before. hubby's company closed down, i guess as wives we have to be supportive. If we look worried for them, they will get worried too. But market is picking up, I believe a better job will come by soon! Will keep ear open for any opportunities! I will check my mail soon!

Qing,

u ok? I did not follow the thread so closely. but it does not sound good. Take care!

Michelle, remind me, we are suppose to do a pats trial right? when when ah? totally forgot!!!!! errrm dun even remember if i am involved?

Qing take care!!!

MIchelle, Cellow:
we give XP pacifier when she cries, she doesn't have any particular favorite soft toy, but loves her "smelly" bolster and pillow when come to nap time. this morning she starts crying while i was parking the car... sighz. really heart pain

Wai, how about borrow tonnes of books about going to school and how fun it was and everynight read to her? Or u can incorporate some activities that the school actually does as part of story telling, maybe she can connect better. Anyway it normally takes time so hang in there she will love school in no time. Dun stress, k?

Cellow
Yah best if dun have to choose but its good at least he noted that it will be ard C2's birth. Not like mine lah who endup reservist both 2 times I gave birth...........BTH

Yah lor he got realy lost cos he run out the door and we searched inside cos never expect him to run out. N think it was alittle chaiotic with ALOT of ppl so think it left a big impact.

Thankfully my van not hit and run lah the guy willing to pay but still at that kind of time(so many PH and so many things I on my mind) and my hubby drag so long to bring it in for repairs I was alittle worried the guy might not pay anymore n its not a small sum lor. And the kind that I won't bother to repair if nobody was paying for it kind of thing. And see I still gotta rush over after D's class to pay and drive the van home.....sigh

Oh and hor my room LCD tv is free becos of inlaws starhub subscribtion....wahahhaa
I got the better deal of the bargain....hahaha

dustee
Wah u still remember ur kindy aah. I vaguely remember my nursery and kindy and remember being bullied by someone I dun even know ......haha
But surprise surprise, I have a memory that match to when I was only 1 yrs old and there was a photo of that time too which is why I knw I was only 1+.....weird huh hw I can remember something so young and now I worry if they will remember something that happened.....keke

Jacelyn
When I was preg with E hor I always wake ard 5-6am go toilet then lie there awake until 1-2 hrs later fall back to sleep. N u know hor the very irritating thing is........my upstairs neighbour very ONZZZZ kind u know. Dunno is ONZ exercise or with his wife lah n always at abt 6am so I really dread to be awake at that time to hear the knock knock knock sound nearly everyday.

Qing
Poor thing. Take care, rest well then try again okie.
happy.gif

poor D getting lost at bbprom! and LOL to you dreading to hear your neighbour's ECA going on at 6am..

waiwai: would distractin her with a new cute bag work? try n see? but i have a feeling nothing may work.. and it will juz take time for them to adapt.. meanwhile.. stay strong and put up a cheery brave front for her!

jace: pat trial tomorrow.. can u make it?

mummies
very busy lately! since sch started jh has skipped his naps! then at night i need to catch up with my BP.

wow wow wow a lot of news to catch up!

Jace
congrats!!! do take care and update after your visit.

Michelle
your E sounds real real busy....

let me know how the pats trial go

qing
oh dear, do take care...hope u r feeling better...i haven been catching up so dun really know what happen but take care

i visited cherie hearts before but i dun like. and i dun hear very good things abt them....but it still depends on the branch that u go. which branch u looking at?

mummies
who needs iherb items? i will compile a list and see whether enough orders.

missyz - Fish oil
bbp - sambucus

anymore?

oh SY u r doing iherb spree too? any promo going on now?

dor: i was gonna ask you if u know if both sambucol and sambucus are equally good? or if u have tried both.. sambucus contains echinacea too I know..

SY you have extra new bottles to give up ah? which is yours?

dor: where did you get the lozenges from too? was browsing drugstore didn't see it leh.. but think iherb has it..

what other supplements do you give your kids ah? wonder if I should give bbG vit C since he doesn't eat a lot of fruits.. any good brands to recommend?

Qing,
is okie. u are still young. rest well n make sure ur body is ready for it again. who knows BOOMZ! and u might have a surprise just before the tiger year's quota end. =) *big huz*

smiggle,
ah? But when u do long le u wun get sick of it meh? i had my own place for 2 years. seriously.. i am getting lazy in cleaning up already. now that i shifted, maybe coz is a new place or maybe is my bil's place, i more hardworking in cleaning compared to b4 le. hahahah... sometimes really get very sickening. esp when bosco is crying while i am doing the household chores.

Mich,
Eboy is such a busy boy...

Jace,
when i was preggy with bos i wake up everyday at 7am also. go toilet come back cannot slp anymore. den i will go to my study room n start surfing net. dunno y de..

Qing
take care.. most important ur health must be ok before tryin again.. ur baby also deserves a healthy womb in order to grow healthy..

Holly
i wil get lazy at some point of time but cant stil stand dust lei.. budden kayden is a dirty boy.. he always in sweat so i give up oso..
with maid, i just put my finger on everythin to check for dust..even higher expectations! imagine if without
sad.gif

bbg
kayden has fruits every day,, the fish oil in capsule and one spoon of fishermans

do1nk
Ummmmm ummmmm............u really put me to shame leh cos hor...
It used to be named Sambucol, then the company changed the name to sambucus. I do not know why and I didn't bother to go find since I still jus order the 1 from the same company so I assume its just the name change lah.
Now u mention hor......ummmm......I really dunno if there is any difference......hehe
I get my sambucus normally from drugstore only......cannot find aah?
I think youpi found it leh cos she did email me.

I got the rhino gummy bear vits for D last time cos he was into sweets and i didn't want him eating much sweets. They have a vit C with echinacea.

talking abt supplements
D has this fish oil supplement that I realise he always fall sick to flu after taking it for awhile...........hmmmmmm weird right? 3 times liao leh.

SD
I'll be ordering from drugstore.

qing, just read yr post...
sad.gif

hope u recover v soon n conceive. as i say, nature has its way. u still young

u askin abt cherie hearts? my boy going in in march. cost is $380 here. depends on where u send him. I chose full day as v diff to choose half day as both of us working.

garfield
i just called them
he told me it is $450 after subsidy lehz. mine is the balestier branch one.

then tried my first skool, its $320
hmmm....

now don know whether should i let her go or what. boz i was only planning to let her go for a few hours just for their activities nia.

qing, mine is the CMPB branch

act I also wanted few hrs so that let him get use to it first since he so shy but logistic diff la... but my frens encourage full day as they say they will have more structured routine in the long run.

btw, I just chanced upon another school which sound interesting but further from my house. Art kidz pre-school. got provide Japanese, vioin n even yoga lessons... which I wan to expose little G to since bro already attending Jap lessons. if I enrol her there, I no need give her enrichment courses like LNT, n music lessons. but not sure the price...

I saw smiggleprincess has interest there too? cos i saw some1 by tat nick in another forum askin for this too. is that u, sp? u enquire charges?

Eboy enjoyed pats so much. I left him in the class and sat by the side, he knows how to follow the teacher out to wash hands, playground, snacks etc. And he could now follow the songs and steps! He's such a big boy now, brought tears to my eyes. Sniff sniff. I think letting him join classes 1.5hr each day is ok! It's like play to him and not siong at all!

Qing,

Take comfort that you are barely 24. Take time to recuperate before you embark on your quest. *hugz*

Michelle,

Pat's was good! I like the environment. After that I dropped by Julia Gabriels at Evans road..good grief, it was sooo packed! Hubby and I will discuss about it first before we decide if we want to sign him up. thanks for helping to coordinate!

dor.. think my eyes 'tak stamp' thought I saw the vit c + echinacea in liquid form, but now can only see the gummy version.. was I dreaming? is there one? when r u ordering? wait for me....

i wanna get the vit c for him.. probably the childlife one coz i dunno the other brands haha

i only know sambucus has echinacea whereas sambucol doesn't lor..

can get me a pack of the sambucol lozenges too? still can't find it! is it this: http://international.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=197295&catid=382&trx=PLST-0-CLOSE-MATCHES&trxp1=382&trxp2=197295&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CLOSE-MATCHES

smiggle: what's fisherman

dor so weird.. maybe D's not compatible wiv dat particular fish oil..

i probably shouldn't start bbG on gummies hor.. later he wanna keep eating sweets how hahaha

smiggle, why u said Philips no gd leh? My current tv is Philips, and my bil also using this brand.

Qing, juz move on. U r still so young, and barbie is growing up so well. Take care, ok?

dor, u gave birth all alone without hb by your side?

U mean subscribe to starhub then got a free tv? Now still have bo?
happy.gif

Garfield
yup, arts kidz near my place.. i went to see the school and quite happy with it..
signed kayden up already since last july.. he wil only attend in march..
paid $450 for 3 days a week, cos if 5 days is $650.. but the hrs are 9am to 3pm only..
haven decide if to let him take which class, they got jap, yoga, violin and speech and drama..but the place is non-aircon hor..

bbg
the fisheran's call scott eulsion???

SD
No prob but will only be ordering after I order my Gap stuff which is maybe end of next week.

Do1nk
This is the 1, http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=69599&catid=9807
Hmmmmm I jus check the sambucus we bought and it doesn't list echinea as 1 of the ingredients leh.
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=69596&catid=9807
Maybe the 1 that has is another brand??
Now I dun think there is sambulco selling liao cos it used to be called that when I started on D but it changed the name to Sambucus.
I be ordering next week bah after I settle my ON/Gap cos their shipping takes longer.

Hannahl
Hubby came back lah but then very irritating to be alone when something happens or you dunno if so zun the day he cannot be reached is when you gonna give birth right?
For #1 gave birth in the morn after whole night of contractions where hubby just keep dozing off right beside me and I am in pain is so irritating lor.
If he dun manage to come back I sure kill him 1..........hahaha

dor, i think drugstore or iherb webbie explains the diff.. between sambucol and sambucus.. haha but hey.. u r right.. we got the nature's way version.. didn't see it in drugstore.. n found this instead initially: (sambucol) http://international.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=229025&catid=9329&trx=PLST-0-CAT&trxp1=9329&trxp2=229025&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-CAT

sambucus (the one we got) can take from 1 yr old, and contains echinacea, but this sambucol says 2 yrs old onwards, and doesn't have echinacea...

oh ya.. so was there a vit c + echinacea in liquid form, or is it for gummies only?

okie.. emailed u my orders..THANKS! :D

Michelle, bbG:
Thanks for advice. we bought her Mickey Mouse bag and Winnie the Pooh water bottle, her favourite characters. she will cling on to them when we leave, like very poor thing like that. think it really takes time for her to adapt

Qing
*Hug Hug Hug* Take good care of your health first, k? You'll always have support here!

BbG
Hmm I am also looking for a Vit C supplement. Have you found any?

Dor Dor
First two days at kindy so far so good, with 2nd day better than first. Am keeping fingers crossed that it can only improve. He seems to be adapting much better than last year. How is D doing?

Hannahl
I was alone when giving birth to #2. Hb did not make it in time, and only reached the hospital 30 minutes after. Not his fault, he was looking after #1 at home. But he does wish that he had been there.

Smiggle
ArtsKidz sounds fun, Kayden will surely love it there!

Just to update and share
The Splash Park at Sembawang Shopping Centre is fun! It also has a sheltered playground by its side, and the entire area is on rubber flooring, so it's great for kids to run around on. My two boys had fun and got very very very very wet!

Steph

Thanks thanks for the book...

Qing

Take care ya.... share the same feeling as you...lucky got our little one ard... otherwise we'll die... have faith...

To all preggy mom...
congrats congrats
happy.gif

IVF

juz to check any mummies here have friends or relatives who went thru IVF, can roughly tell me the process n how many time they went thru then successful...

Qing:
hugz... take care of yourself... barbie needs u

XP has been attending Cherie Hearts playgroup at Anchorvale CC for 1 week. she is on full day programme, so $540 after subsidy. i like the environment, bright and clean. The teachers encourage the kids to self feed. i was surprised that XP learnt to use fork to self feed within 3 days there. Her teacher is very nice, takes photos and MMS me to show that XP is doing fine

waiwai
great to know that XP is doing well in school!

dor
D better in school now?

youpi and doggiebb
how were S's and talia's first weeks?

qing
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
big hugs

Back