(2008/06) June 2008

ellysia...
old folks recommend to only eat 2 types of bananas: "pang jio" and "ang ba jio"...wonder how true it is...

Mor,
As far as i can remember, i had taken few slices of breads, with individual packet of jam, tomato juice, eggs for breakfast. Then lunch and dinner, i think is rice or porridge, got some vege, then got green bean soup (not black bean soup leh), some fish slices etc. To me the food very westernised loh, not at all like confinement food.

<font color="ff6000">felicia

hmmmm.. i cannot recall wat i ate in exact but i rem black bean soup coz my mum stil say good for us who jus delivered leh.. </font>

shycloud,

I dunno how to differentiate the different types of banana le.

Bec i have severe constipation, so i ate banana lor.

Its v jiat lat, i having constipation every big biz. Even though i eat fruits, i drink water also no use.

morraine,

I got go to level 2 just now to buy fruits but maybe by tat time u ored go off to eat yr dessert liao.

<font color="ff6000">ellysia

i was in the 2nd row as in now the fruit stall the first row
happy.gif
i was sitting near the super long q famous dou hua </font>

shycloud...
i see... but be careful if u swim too...
happy.gif

tinyfeet...
hey hvnt seen u ard here for awhile.
happy.gif
u shld be doing the detailed scan at 20th week...
happy.gif
mine will be on 13 feb, after cny. did u sign up for her $600 antenatal plus $300 ultrasound package? i went to see her 2 weeks back and she actuali got around to doing 3D scan for me. I went home with a long string of ultrasound pics... :p

Morraine,
Maybe the nurse forgot to pass me confinement food menu. hehe....
I remember my mil was shocked when she saw me drinking tat green bean soup, she said will cause wind, ask me cannot drink. Ya, they even give me watermelon as fruits. Got pudding oso.

tinyfeet,
Hey, so your gynae also Dr Yang? hehe. I find her so far so good. But do you know the DS will be done by her? I will be going for the DS tomorrow. I will update you gals once I came back on thursday. Dun think I will choose MtA because GlenE is nearer, also both my nephew and niece is delivered at GlenE : ) When is your EDD? Mine is some 14th June. Maybe the three of us , you soyabean and me will delivered together.

Btw, there is two TinyFeet? I am confused.

morraine,

Nowadays everywhere food price increase le. Lau Pa Sat price increase liao or either food quantity reduce. That day i buy duck rice $4 (i top up $1), the meal amt is like $3 amt. So i cannot imagine if i get the normal meal size.

So I am going to goldenshoe more often now though it is a farer walk for me. Cos i top up $1 to Lor mee, only cost $3 in total
happy.gif
but the amt quantity i get is $4 worth.

ellysia,
me also dunno how to diff. maybe when u buy u can ask the staff wat type it is...

soyabean,
ya...do everything must take extra precaution.

<font color="ff6000">felicia*

ha ha ya green bean cannot la! its too liang already!! but i rem watermelon though!!

ellysia*

ya lor totally agree! over at GS can eat big portions with good pricing
happy.gif
</font>

Green bean soup cannot take lah. v liang leh.

Most likely i going to take confinement menu at TMC i guess, cos they have herbal soup.

morraine,

Hee. Btw how much food u eat nowadays?

Which dessert u eat just now. Is it those small shop at arcade.

<font color="ff6000">ellysia*

ok la i stil eat normal portion like one bowl of mee soto onli lor
happy.gif

the dessert shop is the one opp hans at level one den after tat managed to buy a pair of shoes from the shoe shop just next door oso</font>

Ellysia,
You always mention about Lor Mee really made me drool. Just now I call back home to tell my MIL not to cook my dinner. Going to eat Lor Mee at the hawker centre near my place...your fault lar.
hehe just kidding.

dunno why nowadays I always have cravings. I thought we should be only having it during first tri?

Anyone know if we can eat pineapple tarts? I really love it but dare not eat due to the pineapple

Mor/ ellysia,

I remember tat time i was quite hungry, so oso forgot tat green bean is too cooling. I remember very clearly tat my mil shocked face when she saw me drinkin the soup.

morraine,

OIC i tink many people go to that dessert shop.

Then i must be big eater liao jiat lat lah. Wait eat too much.

Felicia,

Ya i am toking abt tat spree but not sure can order or not, i scare order wrong size.

One bowl green bean not that bad i guess. Ang Moh also eat but also like tat.

pkdust,

Lor mee v nice le. If dun want to eat yellow noodle hor, can eat mee hoon lor mee also
happy.gif

I dun have much cravings, i used to have cravings b4 i am preggy but i opp now. I also like pineapple tarts, my colleague say eat nevermind but i scared bec' of an incident of severe contraction due to pineapple sauce.

Nowadays i got eat watermelon but i eat only 1 slice. If i eat 2-3 slices, sometimes i have mild contractions.

pkdust,
In fact i'm planning to eat pineapple tarts duirng this CNY oso leh. Well, i think no harm if we take moderate kua since the pineapple had been cooked and not raw.

Felicia,

I suggest try out bit by bit and monitor how much amt can take w/o causing contraction.

Now i recall the contraction incident i still have phobia. Bec of this i have skipped all thai restaurants at the moment. I only eat at Indonesian.

ellysia,

Actually i had my 1st pineapple try yesterday nite. I'm cooking some cuttlefish + pineapple with tomato sauce. I purposely let the pineapple cook in the sauce for longer time. Anyhow i only take small amt lah, ok lah so far. Hopefully i'm not too sensitive to it loh.

Ur contraction was due to taking raw pineapple? how much u taken?

<font color="ff6000">ellysia*

aiya u so slim.. eat more pls!! yeah the dessert shop always crowded!

pkdust*

i have been eating liaoz lor!</font>

hi mummies,

i wanna share something here..

http://www.citibank.com.sg/SGGCB/APPS/portal/loadPage.do?tabId=Ready%20Credit&amp;path=/promo/sub_det/rc_fcard_health.htm

we can get

Mount Alvernia Hospital
5% discount on single &amp; double room packages for first child born at MAH, 10% discount on single &amp; double room packages for subsequent children born at MAH.
10% discount on 13 standard Health Screening Packages.
10% discount on Over The Counter products at Retail Pharmacy.

I am going to deliver in MAH.. so this may help mummies who plan to give birth in MAH
happy.gif

Its just one year once. Somemore we are not really eating a lot of pineapple tarts. Guess should be okie. I love Pinapple tarts!!

Nowadays can feel baby always "jerks" inside my tummy. The feeling is so funny.

pkdust...
my edd is 23 june. i doubt i will deliver earlier cos my number 1 was an overdue case... :p yes... i believe the DS will be done by Dr Yang. I was seeing her at Yew Tee the past few visits and she personally drew blood when I had to do the tests. She is actuali a pretty independent gynae.
happy.gif

i love pineapple tarts too. but dun overload on them... its not the pineapple that wld kill, its the sugar content. :p

ladies,
any idea where can i get kid's ATM savings bank machine? It was a machine with credit card and when you deposit the coin or dollar into it, it'll automatic show you how much is inside ur ATM. My collegue told me she brought it at Giant but couldnt find it there any longer. Anyone knows?

Mor,
i try at Toys r us at United Square before, couldnt find it. Then the sales person look at me with 'are you sure got such product?' face loh.

soyabean,
Yeah Dr Yang is quite pretty. Normally I go directly to her clinic at GlenE. I didn't know she has a clinic at Yew Tee. I just know she has one clinic at Bedok and she will go there once a week.

pkdust...
silly me...went for gynae visit forgot to ask whether can eat pineapple tarts and CNY goodies anot..i suspect can lah cos western docs not so particular...at most they say eat in moderation!

Mor,
I try to search and Toys r us website and found in their international website but not in sg loh. Must see if someone organise Toys r us spree.

felicia,
i bought the atm machine for my nephew last last xmas.. in taka.. mayb u can try to see if they still haf..

felicia,

i bought the atm machine for my niece in Metro last year. maybe you can see if they still have or not.. It is Metro, Compasspoint, Sengkang.

<font color="ff6000">felicia*

confirm metro have liaoz den since my sis and shirley98 oso say same place! ha ha but my sis confirm is not Compasspoint one though.. she stay east so most likely town ones or East side ones
happy.gif
</font>

Mor/ BabyCupid/ shirley,
Thanks for your feedback.
Metro hah? Maybe i try at causeway and see if they have. I had been looking for it very long time liao. Wanna to teach my #1 ger how to save. hehe.....

Felicia,

me staying near CP.. i later go and check for you when i'm getting my dinner. See still got stocks available there or not.

Aprilmum,
Congrats for your minnie. Haha, you also a two princess mummy.

gals,
Seems like my breast now is bigger than my tummy! Really cannot believe it. esp when I wear those bra with light padding. Just now was on my way back from toilet and notice a construction worker keeps on staring there : (

hey gals...
can we wear bras with underwire? i realised its making me hard to breathe especially when im seated down...how to solve this prb?

shycloud,
Best is not to wear those with underwire.I have read somewhere in a book. I have changed to non wired support bra when I am 4 months preg. feel that its more comfy.

hey morraine, there are bras with good support without underwire. I'm actually using Triumph's nursing bras. they are good for me. Marks &amp; Spencer's bras also come without underwire. They look like they provide good support too.
happy.gif

shycloud,
me oso start to feel suffocated liao.
Agreed with pkdust, dont wear underwire, not good. The oth day saw in TV prog, mentioning about women wearing bra. Statistic showed that those wearing bra for whole day got breast cancer higher then those wore only 12hr a day.

Back