(2008/06) June 2008

Jenny,

prunes = dried plums. its actually plums that are dried. u can either get fresh plums or get prunes to make into puree. i can't find plums so i get prunes.

<font color="808080"><font face="verdana">morraine,
why you didnt sell away your turquoise since you are using carnival liao?</font></font>

I just went to read the may forum argument.. v messy, can't catch head or tail abt wats going on.

I have ever consult a lawyer on deflammation comments in forum and wats the definiation..
basically if the info are true to wat the person perceive it can't be considered as defammatory.

morr...
then i think i shld get size 3 man.... size 2 reali like too small for me leh! but one thing... my weight is abt 57kg and height 164cm... totally match the size 2...

<font color="808080"><font face="tahoma">soyabean,
you can call up maternity exchange to ask &amp; even go to their shop to ask them to teach you how to use, with your bb, thats what i did the last time</font></font>

sorry to intrude... I m a Jul08 mummy and looking to buy a Medela freestyle breast pump from US site addalittlelove.com. Need 2 more orders to go ahead w the spree. If you know of any1 who is looking to buy Medela freestyle or PIS, pls look into this link.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2081856.html?1231999787

My 1st pump is dying and I really want to get a new one from this spree!
... oh, and I am not related to the organiser of the spree, jst a really desparate mummy.

hi mummies,

ahahaha.. after dinner, i was catching up on today's postings n i kpo ah, went to read may thread..

to all who were confused:

the story was 1 mummy bought her baby ger who was exposed to chicken pox (the baby's nephew got chicken pox) to the may mummies gathering n this resulted in some mummies very upset with her.. cos other mummies thot she should stay home instead n not risk spreading the virus to other babies..

apparently someone from forum is 'stalking' this mummy with baby who got chicken pox n started asking mummies from other threads to view their may thread n this mummy with chicken pox ger got upset by the stalking n felt that she was being 'defamed' n wanted to seek legal action agst this 'stalker' mummy loh.. but now they have decided to totally stop talking about this issue aledi.. but the hole incident was so drama loh..

sigh... but quite sad.. now their thread is marred by this incident.. n i oso rem this mummy from our thread in the early preggie days...

yaya.. like what everyone said.. i'm SO SO glad that we are all 'xiang qing xiang ai'.. n we very honest to one another.. heehee.. =)

Woohoo.. More baby devt chart to follow (so fun)!! But how come both lists not tally de? Did i copy wrongly? Gwen n Yu Jie can't crawl yet?

BB who can crawl:
1. Qyan (ioio): backward and circular
2. Kyan (BabyCupid): circular
3. Charlotte (feifei) : Front,back,circular,up!
4. Isabel (Krispy): Forward &amp; circular
5. kai (morraine) : everywhere!
6. Rex (jn80jn) : backward and circular
7. Jared (fennie77) : backward, circular &amp; forward
8. Vivienne (Veniz) : everywhere
9. Lucas (tera): backward, circular &amp; forward
10. Jayden (MLP): Everywhere! Sweat for me!
11. Sheryl (angel_z): backward, circular

BB who can sit:
1. Yuzhe (Ellysia)
2. Charlotte (feifei)
3. Kyan (BabyCupid)
4. Isabel (krispy)
5. kai (morraine)
6. Gwen (crystal)
7. Rex (jn80jn
8. Jared ( fennie77)
9. YuJie (Felicia)
10. Vivienne (Veniz)
11. Lucas (tera)
12. Jayden (MLP)
13. Sheryl (angel_z)

Eggs:
Dear mummies, we must give bb egg yolk to try for any allergy b4 u bring them for MMR jabs cos the jab contain egg &amp; if allergic then cannot take the jab. I went to a talk last Sat at polyclinic &amp; the nurse said to give a tsp of hard-boiled eggyolk early in the morning b4 any other food so can observe for reactions the whole day. Recommended is give egg yolk after 8mths.

Choosing Avocados:
Better to buy the green ones then wait for it to turn black &amp; soft when pressed. I leave it in the kitchen top &amp; press all sides until turn all soft then give my boi. Better dun put in fridge cos may forget then by the time remember, may rot liao &amp; waste $$$. :p

I gave my boy butternut puree today, 1st few spoons sucked big time for him cos mayb not used to it but after that ok oredi. Will continue to give puree until the 4 days is up then may mix into his cereal. Still waiting for my avocado to ripen.

Mag: wa.. so many diet tips...

butternut is pumkin's family fren, right? heehee.. a bit forgot liao..

U still rem ah? Yup My MIL is taking care of Sheryl now.. I brought sheryl over to my MIL's place 1 week prior to me reporting for work.. She did cry during that 1 week but i jus hid in the room n let my MIL handle.. onli when sheryl didn't stop crying then i take over.. so after 1 week of practice, now sheryl has no problem staying there..

but when coming to evening time, ard 7 plus, sheryl will get cranky n we have to faster rush her home loh..

Thanks for asking!

Angel,
how are u?? long time no see cos bz with school issit?
happy.gif
how's lil' sheryl.

Mag,
har loh, i had 1 organic avocado which cost me 7 bucks rot and spoil before i could eat it..
sad.gif
very xim tia.

BB who can crawl:

BB who can sit:
1. Yuzhe (Ellysia)
2. Charlotte (feifei)
3. Kyan (BabyCupid)
4. Isabel (krispy)
5. kai (morraine)
6. Gwen (crystal)
7. Rex (jn80jn
8. Jared ( fennie77)
9. YuJie (Felicia)
10. Vivienne (Veniz)
11. Lucas (tera)
12. Jayden (MLP)
13. Sheryl (angel_z)
14. Eunicia (Priscilla)

tera: hihi!! ya.. been busy with sch.. you know la.. during term time, its mad house..

sheryl is ok.. jus that now she more mobile hor, currrently she has sustained 2 injuries. 1, she hit her face while crawling n hit the toy n her upper lip a bit swollen.. 2, she was crawling all over me n she suddenly knocked her head agst my mouth n got red patch.. both times she cried until so chiam, until no voice loh.. sigh...

think once she starts crawling, walking will have even more injuries... *shake head*

how is lucas?

Angel,
good to know Sheryl is used to being at MIL's place during daytime. At least u know she's in good hands. Evening Sheryl knows Mummy is there mah so 1 2 fast fast go home &amp; bond wif u lor cos so many hours din c/smell u. Hehe...

Ya, butternut similar to pumpkin &amp; I suppose is more angmoh type cos I can only find it in supermarket. Wet markets only got the round type pumpkin.

Tera,
where u find the organic ones ah? I can only c normal ones leh. I just told hubby 7bucks for 1 organic avocado &amp; he was like "WAT?" I think if i buy better dun let him know, i think he might hit the roof lor. Haha...

angel,
sayang sayang. bet u must have felt bad when she cried until so chiam.
sad.gif
oh no, lip swollen, better now? if not, can try putting teething gel to soothe the pain. like u said, accidents are part and parcel but having said that, heart will still pain leh, hehe.

also, glad to hear she's adapting to ur MIL, at least u can "fang xin" more while @ work.

lucas is good. starting to crawl around and getting difficult to carry cos very wriggly like keep on wanting to come down and walk. *faint* then today my mum taught him to wave bye-bye and he seems to know. did it a few times but dunno issit coincidence (i'm sure some babies can do that already but me 1st time seeing so v happy, hehe).
happy.gif

mag: ya.. at least i know sheryl is safe at my MIL's place.. oh... i always thot its cos evening time, babies will be more cranky eh.. but your version is much nicer to believe.. hahahaha.. =)

me myself have never seen butternut before loh.. dun even say eat it.. hahahaha... n now athan gets to eat leh.. heehee.. but seriously everytime i compare athan n sheryl hor, i feel so guilty for being such a lousy mum cos u always prepare so many things for athan.. maybe u wan to help me babysit sheryl? hahahaha...

Mag,
We bought it at Great World Cold Storage (think cos there got many expats, keke) Hubby and I also lah, never really checked the price, thought it can't be that exp. It was only when we got home and saw the price tag - we both had to support each other so that we didn't faint. Just kidding, keke!!
happy.gif

Needless to say, u can tell Richard that that was the 1st and last time we are buying an organic avocado. :p

tera: yaya.. i was super guilty loh for not being more watchful over her.. heart very pain.. but after 15min, she seems to forgot liao..

now she ok loh.. within half a day, her lip reduce swelling le.. thanks for the concern..

yaya.. sheryl oso like lucas loh.. like wan to wiggle to go down to walk.. reali must hold her properly loh, if not sure fall.. i got scare by her a few times cos she almost fell..

its like that wan la.. now i always think sheryl know that her name is sheryl cos everytime we call her by her name n she will turn n look.. but my husband said cos she is responding to our voice, not to her name.. though i know he is right but i like to believe that she knows sheryl is her name.. hahahaha..

but i'm sure lucas is very smart cos she got principal mummy.. =P

angel,
hey no no, i think sheryl really knows her name! cos i read in babycentre that by 7 months, babies will respond to their names!
happy.gif

tera: HUH? reali ah? yeah!! so my instinct was right eh.. cos i reali feel that sheryl can respond to her name..

n i jus told my husband about what u wrote.. n he said 'so smart meh?' hahahahaha..

Angel,
u also a good mum yourself leh. At least u can do alot of things on your own b4 u went back to work. *pat pat* U can find butternut in Giant &amp; Cold Storage but NTUC i dun know have or not. It's very easy to prepare one.

1. Cut into half lengthwise &amp; scoop seeds out.
2. Slice it cos easier to remove skin.
3. Cut into chunks, wash &amp; steam for 10-15mins.
4. Blend or mash then cool. Ready to serve liao.

Babysit Sheryl no prob but I cannot guarantee my monster won't bully sweet Sheryl leh. Hehe...

Angel,
tell your hubby babies r really smart nowadays cos take in too much DHA liao. I always tell my hubby he better take more DHA or else next time Athan will bully him until very jialat. Hehe...

mag: heehee.. thanks for the compliment eh.. dun think i did an excellent job though..

ooo.. so actually the preparation of butternut quite similar to preparing other fruits puree.. but i hesitate to puree big fruits cos i dun know what to do with the rest of the fruit..

what u do with it ah? cook?

hahahaha.. i oso think kids nowadays are super smart.. should be the DHA.. think by the time got #2 n #3, think they will outsmart us very easily liao..

Bye bye, Mag! ;)
Me also need to hand laptop over to hubby soon.

Angel,
U not sleeping yet? Got to wake up early tmr right?

Angel, I kept the other half in the fridge but today used some of the steamed ones to make porridge for myself. Taste good. U can even just eat the steamed ones wifout doing anything &amp; it tastes just like sweet potato lor. Healthy snack too.

tera n mag: nice catching up with u!!

will sleep ard 12 ba cos got to rush lesson plans! hahahaha...

tera: thanks for the babycenter tip

mag: thanks for the butternut tip

nite nite

BB who can crawl:

BB who can sit:
1. Yuzhe (Ellysia)
2. Charlotte (feifei)
3. Kyan (BabyCupid)
4. Isabel (krispy)
5. kai (morraine)
6. Gwen (crystal)
7. Rex (jn80jn
8. Jared ( fennie77)
9. YuJie (Felicia)
10. Vivienne (Veniz)
11. Lucas (tera)
12. Jayden (MLP)
13. Sheryl (angel_z)
14. Eunicia (Priscilla)
15. Reanne (janiviy)

BB who can crawl:
<font color="aa00aa">12. Cheri (Ice):backward</font>

BB who can sit:
1. Yuzhe (Ellysia)
2. Charlotte (feifei)
3. Kyan (BabyCupid)
4. Isabel (krispy)
5. kai (morraine)
6. Gwen (crystal)
7. Rex (jn80jn
8. Jared ( fennie77)
9. YuJie (Felicia)
10. Vivienne (Veniz)
11. Lucas (tera)
12. Jayden (MLP)
13. Sheryl (angel_z)
14. Eunicia (Priscilla)
15. Reanne (janiviy)
<font color="aa00aa">16. Cheri (Ice)</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!

Angel, u r so funny! Can sit does not mean can crawl liao mah. YuJie still cant crawl but in fact I was hoping she'll be like my #1, start with stand up and walk. hehehe..... I'm a lazy mum, dont have energy to catch crawling kids.

Hey Mummies, since most of the babies can crawl liao, why not all go and join the baby crawling contest in March? I think i saw in one magazine there's this crawling contest leh. It must be fun lor</font>

Morning girls!

Felicia,
My baby cant crawl leh. She doesnt look like she wants to start crawling soon. -.o" But I can crawl.. Can I join on Lil ZuEn's behalf? Hehe.

BB who can crawl:

BB who can sit:
1. Yuzhe (Ellysia)
2. Charlotte (feifei)
3. Kyan (BabyCupid)
4. Isabel (krispy)
5. kai (morraine)
6. Gwen (crystal)
7. Rex (jn80jn
8. Jared ( fennie77)
9. YuJie (Felicia)
10. Vivienne (Veniz)
11. Lucas (tera)
12. Jayden (MLP)
13. Sheryl (angel_z)
14. Eunicia (Priscilla)
15. Reanne (janiviy)
16. Lil ZuEn (ZuEn) - Butt too big!

<font color="aa00aa">*felicia falling off from the chair*
muahahah...... ZuEn, i oso wanna join on behalf on my YuJie! hahaha....

Ice, ok. Let me go have breakfast 1st, then i go and find the details har. No eat, no energy. hehehe...</font>

Morning ladies..

felicia,
Got crawling contest? wow, where huh?

ZuEn,
hehe...bery fast ur ger will crawl de, by then u will be busy!hehe..

Ice,
wow, u are early wor..

<font color="aa00aa">feifei,
i guess 1st time so early...i'm here since 5am...
cannot go back to sleep after bf my baby...lol</font>

Back