(2008/04) April 2008

jamie,
thanks.. haha
happy.gif

Maro : My showerhead is very big also leh. He kok a few times he won't kok already la. haha. At 1st the shower was a little strong so we turn to the less powerful spray. After awhile he was upgraded to the full blast like us. Haha. U get him used to sprinkle water on his face 1st. Use the count 1,2,3 method to get him ready.

Jaime : Ya. It's through Julian I learn the 2 frens names too. Haha. Ju likes BJ. I dunno y.

Angel : u r right. No matter how tired i am, I go home see ju with his big smile, I'm happy already.
happy.gif

so many handsome boys and sweet looking gals .. especially can dress mei mei and tie hair
happy.gif

angel,
i think i saw u and ur girl last sat at kindermusik, as my boy went for his makeup class. Saw your girl wearing a dress with her name sewn on it, so sweet !

Maro,
Regarding sambucus,so far no allergy..Tot by giving her this will strengthen her immunity but recently she got the flu bug again.. Haiz..& last for a week plus. Now not much appetite to eat. Even milk also dun wana drink.Most of the time, she'll only drink 60ml only, 120ml the most.Never ever exceeded 120ml.How to get her to drink more huh??

Ever since,i've transit her from BM to FM, tats the amt she drinks.
sad.gif

Jules Mum,
Tks for the tips.
happy.gif

Xavs Mummy,
Nope, never bring her to the pool for a long time oready. Cos oways no time. Hb is working shift.
sad.gif

Wow... see so many pretty gals and handsome boys... i oso tempted to post Kayla's photos. She loves the playground alot! Will shriek even before reaching the playground... hee.
2739683.jpg

jaspire, Kayla looks different now already wor... so cute to see how the babies have all "grown up"..

Adel loves the playground too, she goes 'whee!' when she sees the slide..

Lynn, yes... Kayla seems to have changed quite alot! She is really such a big gal now. Loves to sing and very ji zha... but at times dunno wat she babbles. LOL!

Na.....u advertise our Princes! hee...

Maro, Kaleb love the Barney kiddy ride too. Have u tried letting XX stting on those kiddy rides at neighbourhoods? Abt 20cent or 50cent?
Kaleb doesnt like neighbourhood kiddy rides! He prefer those at mall which are $1 per ride.
Me was complaining to hubby why Kaleb so 'high class' wan, hubby enlightened me, reason is because neighbourhood kiddy rides are very loud, noisy and music not nice at all.

any tips on how to fatten my leo up? he everything also dun want to eat!
here's the list of food he dun want:
cous cous
beef
chicken
pancakes
ikan billis powder
banana bread
bread
cereal
avocado
macoroni
rice
porridge
brocolli
milk
pediasure
brown rice noodles
udon
egg

food that he'll eat:
corn
tomatoes
apple
grapes
papaya
banana
jap layer cake
yoghurt
sphagetti
baby bites
tuna

anyone can pls help me?
sad.gif

Leo Mum : Did u try a few times? Maybe he's not those who accept new taste easily. I know for ju, 1st few times he won't eat. After trying few times he will accept the taste. Sometimes he has mood also la. Things he like also won't eat.

At least leo eats tuna. Ju hates the smell of tuna. Ju dun like minced chicken. He prefers shredded chicken.

leo's mum... u wan to include potato into his diet? and also maybe add some brown rice cereal into his milk?

actualli hor.. my boy eat lesser than ur will eat list..

mine onli pear, porridge with carrot n potato, yogurt and biscuits...haha

can see his ribs & he's still wearing clothes for 6-12 months!! the 12-18 clothes are ALL too big!! only his PJs are 12-18months.
Here's a bath time pic & you can see all his ribs!!

2743546.jpg

jules mum- dietcian says must try at least 10 times b4 can say he dun like. ya try many times already.

choc - yup he's ok wif potatoes in soup but not mashed. he dun drink milk!! only BM, direct from me. he dun like cereal anymore!

leo's mum... dun worry so much ya... slim slim oso got own beauty one... =)

maybe his genes is those wun get fat type leh?

then u feed more potatoes lor.. my mum always say potato very good lar.. eat liao will fatten up... so i let her feed all she want...

how about u sneak in some brown rice cereal when he eating those porridge or fruit purees? can try wor...

HUH..he dun drink bottled milk..onli direct from u...then u got excuses to eat more good food lor..

i always tell my hb..my boy wan to drink "bird nest" milk.. or "hot fudge sundae" milk.. LOL...

yeah..i agree with jules... my boy hor..he refused to take porridge till he 1YO leh..so i been trying purees and porridge for 6months +++ before he finally accept them.. .SOB! tough.. but happy he finally can eat... but during this period he heavily on milk + HB brown rice cereal lor...

Leo mum : u very cute leh. Show his ribs. Haha. Ju also wearing 9 months clothes. Just too short. His jeans for 12 months is too big! haha. I was telling my hubby our son help us save money. Oh. u tried many times and he really dun like ah. Does he have a favourite food? Maybe give him more of his fav food.

Choc : my boy till now reject porridge ah. Even rice in soup is no no. I just give watever he feel like eating la. Better than not eating. He love mash potato so he eats that almost everyday. Esp if he dun eat his lunch properly, dinner definately potato. I do add butter, meat, vege in the potato la. He like to eat cheese and yogurt. On days he reject even his fav bread, he will eat cheese or yogurt. These 2 he will not reject one.

Jules...same lar... they reject we give watever they wan lor.. now my boy very into cream crackers...so i just give lar..close both eyes liao...
i duno issit i love chocolate too much.. he also likes chocolates alot..faint... i give abit lor.. if he see me eating.. hahaaa

ur boy still reject porridge till now? u got taste before? u wan to try adding bovil? i noe some mummies are very against such artificial additivies..but hor...if realli no choice..add a bit n they finish whole bowl..why not...

i added bovil chicken hor.. he finished whole bowl..LOL..u can try

good lar...cheese n yogurt very good! hehee... got calcium

leo's mum
i think the trick is adding more fats into your son's diet. how do u normally prepare his spaghetti and tuna? what's in the spagahetti sauce?

Choc : Ju also love chocolate!!! He love to eat pocky. He lick all the chocolate and throw the biscuit. haha. He also love chocolate cake. maybe he's like his daddy.

porridge : Choc, The porridge we cook damn nice la. (hahaha) I even add sesame seed oil, salt, soy sauce, pepper... Eerything la. He still dun wan. i think he dun like nua nua food. I gave up on giving him just plain food cos I find that he very difficult to accept new taste. I will try brovil la.

Joelle: I give him all kinds. mozzarella, chedder, edam, laughing cow, kraft. whatever is in the fridge and as long as he eats la. hehe. I prefer to give him those shredded or block ones cos I find less salty but the shelf life is shorter. he don't like to eat with bread. he will seperate it and eat only the cheese.

julesmum
tts cool. v wide variety of cheese. dom takes his spread on bread. i tried giving him cube cheese solo i dont think he likes. he is slow adapter to new foods.

Joelle : Ya. initially he dun like also. I gave milder tasting cheese 1st for him to accept the taste. He's very slow in adapting new food too.

Jules.... u even add sesame seed oil... soy sauce..win liao win liao...

maybe its the texture of the porridge lor... u try..some kids like nua nua one..some like grainy one... dun give up lar...

brovil not bad! can try...

cheese...i tried last week a tiny bit.. he spit out leh... =(

Leo's mum: you can try giving more carbo food.
Or maybe can try to cook the food he doesn't like in a different way?

For instance, I will minced the veg and mixed into the meat balls.

Add apples to cook in the porridge as well. Quite nice.

Or just use garlic spread to pan fried the fish slices. Can be quite nice.

Can try to feed him the food till he accepts. Take time ya.

my girl on food refusal these few days, i feed until sian ah.. new pattern these days suddenly wan to eat nuah nuah food, and when eating porridge or watever, can eat everything except the minced meat which she'll spit out.use her fingers to take out and give me. she was taking minced meat for very long liao leh... suddenly like this. i really hope it's just teething and not somegthing like a sore throat which is making her reject textured food..

thanks to angel for the recipes, i'll try some of them real soon
happy.gif

today Adel turns 15 months, i wanted to have a special day with her packed with her fave activities but then she woke up 2 hours ahead of schedule, refused to finish her breakfast, was extra clingy etc etc.. needless to say i got upset with her.. then i suddenly realise i have 2 more months with her until she goes to cc and i go back to work, so felt guilty already.. hiaz..

just to share, my cheeky girl at 15 months today..
at her playhouse
2745302.jpg

helping mummy water the plants
2745303.jpg

Lynn,
Adel look so sweet standing by her playhouse posing for you to take photo
happy.gif
I understand how you feel about being guilty... There are days when i get home after work too tired and really dun feel like doing anything with her and i feel bad coz i only have like 2-3hrs each day before she goes to bed... Haiz... the woes of a FTWM...

Hi all,
Just to share... my gal and her book selection... This chabo chooses the books to be read to her during her bedtime routine... >.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqJfta5xOnc

<font color="119911">amy, ya babe really choose her fave leh.. look at the way she nods and shakes head verrry xiao da ren</font>

amy... ur babe so cute..nods and shake her head....so cute leh... the way she nod..whole body also moving... lol

lynn,
thanks for the reminder.. my boy also 15mths today and so is julian.. all born on 29 april..

amy,
i hv the same feeling too, guilty cos sometimes really tired after a day work and our baby keeps on wanting our attention or to play with them.. will do something special for him today after work.. haha..

cant access u tube from office, will do it t9.. but think yan yan is smart, even chose her own books..
happy.gif

Amy, ur gal is smart. Knows how to nod her head indicating her likes &amp; dislikes.

Mummies, my gal just turned 15 mths yesterday.And all of a sudden for these few days, she doesnt want to drink milk at all. So worried now..
sad.gif
Not sure whats wrong but she still take solid food though.

Leo's mum
my boy is not fussy with food, basically he very tum jia eats watever we give him but still he is not big size n still wear 9-12 mths clothings, n my mil always like 2 comment he very small build &amp; compare with my sil's son.
sad.gif
mayb he is like me.

Amy
yan yan is very cute, really like the way she nods her head.
happy.gif
wow u bought so many books for yan, until nw me only buy 2 books for my boy, mostly buy toys,hahaha, bad mummy. :p

RE: Books...
my gal only like those "flip the flap" kind of books...

real headache to get those books....
seem so limited in the market

Lynn - Adel is so cute and chubby! Eh ur house very big lei can put a playhouse! How big is the playhouse? SHIOK.

cloudme... u wan to try the Suntec opps toyrus there is a shop call ELM? selling a variety of books and flashcards.. i guess they should carry it.. .

cloudme, lots of lift-the-flap books, like karen katz's books, eric hill's spot books etc.. can try borders too
happy.gif
or www.acmamall.com, they have 32% off for hsbc cardmembers..

my girl like books in this order: pop-up, touch&amp;feel, lift-the-flap, sing-along, then normal books
happy.gif
but she has a secret obession with paperbacks, whnever i read her a paperback, she scoot off with the book and refuses to let go or put it down, trying very intently to turn the pages lol..

lynn,
ur ger so cute..
happy.gif

me now heavy lah...
only can wait till after i popped #2 &amp; confinement...
then can go to those place to source the books...

i got a couple from tom &amp; steff at white sand...

so far i only tried bkstores near to my place...

lynn,

i already made an appt with the cc this sat, i unable to go there on weekday. can u pm me more abt this cc? coz i think most likely i will choose this cc if i decided to place my child to cc..

thnks...

lynn,

i already made an appt with the cc this sat, i unable to go there on weekday. can u pm me more abt this cc? coz i think most likely i will choose this cc if i decided to place my child to cc..

thnks...

calamari,

oobi in aussie not cheap wor.unless u can get wholesale price.their retail is ep too.but if u manage to go to their canival,u cna get cheap a nd ncie tutu and handmade dressed.I am not sure which state u going,but they have royal show,and u cna buy things ,eg bags,costums etc....which u wil not get from elsewhere.be prepared to spend a whoel day there:>

hi mummies.. how's everyone doing??? been a long long time since i have last logged into here... all our babies from our tum-tum times have grown to cute &amp; lovable tots aka terrors.. hahaha

Here's my princesss.. Adrynna..
2755846.jpg

Hi Hi

thanks for the contacts of PDs.

The tods' pictures are all very cute. Anyone interested to go together for Kids Dash at Singapore marathon, 3yrs and below? One parent to accompany the child.

Here's Jayden's pics.

2756077.jpg

Back