(2008/04) April 2008

calamari

for me my boy sprouted 1 at 4 months and 1 at 8 months, with 1 more on the way just. so do wait a while more.
happy.gif
they all sprout their teeth in their own time... :p or so my dentist says coz i actually got worried and called my dentist.

calamari,
my ger sprouted 1 at 8mth, 1 in 9mth and now 1 at 10mth...
but hor all not full grown yet(not tall pearly white yet) only half tooth out for each...

jasmine,
i thot u going to the expo fair?
i am going later...
took 1/2 day off to go
and see if got good nursing clothings

If someone meant to make profit out of BP, then every BP she/he organizes will go through. She wont miss a single opportunity to make money even if it's a few cents. If someone really mean to make a living off her fellow friends, she wont teach them how and help them in their shipping..

Whether or not shipping charges is inflated to profit.. in some cases, its difficult to judge.
Like for the happybellies that I bring in..sometimes shipping is $6 per can.. and sometimes is $3.60 per cans..As a bp organisers, I will peg maybe to $4.50 per can so that to be fair on ppl who order late but paid/collect early. Sometimes, inevitably , earn some profit out of the bp but that's to make sure there is no lost. Money are throw back into the pool for other flavours for friends. Sometime a lower shipping cost is given not because the shipping went really lower but there are spare in the pool to absorb.

ha ha ha .. I still can remember my hubby remark me that i am stupid for not to charging >$70 for each leappad since all bp organiser charge at least $70... And I told him.. this is not for profit..

Just to share you gals some of the incidents as BP organizer for this thread.

Remember the California baby spree we had earlier, because Nur has a better price than shipping from oversea so I made a decision to buy from her instead and help with the distribution since it will easier for most of you. But she cannot deliver. So end up I wen to her mum's place in cab to take from her and cab back home . *forgot how much the taxi fare cost but I didnt mention since I am doing this as a friend.* She sell at $17.55 to me .. i transfer the item to apr mummies at $17.55 not a cent in profit even when i "incurred cost".
Some mummies wants to get rid of their new desitin cream and pass to me at $8.50. I pass off to other mummies that come to my place and wanted to get the cream at $8.50 without a single cents of profit.
The other time the babycenter cloth spree, I lost money.. cos' the shipping for some parcels are not $1 per pc.. work out to be ard $50 lose if i am not wrong.. but i didnt really mention. I have 1 mummie that order but didnt pay me at all.
Another incident, I waited for someone to turn up at the jurong east during lunch but the person was held up by a meeting. I end up taking a cab back to office. I dun think i mention to anyone , including the mummy.
Countless times, I have waited at home for mummies to come to my place to collect but didnt turn up after 1,2 hrs. But I never mention to anyone or grumble abt it.. cos' i think that's part of being a bp organiser.

Many of you have thank me for help in getting a good deal but sometimes when spree goes wrong.i.e shipping is higher than expected. I just wish that mummies will give me a benefit of a doubt and I didnt meant to cheat anyone or trying to profit from a friendship. How much shipping could I have cheat if the shipping is only $2-5 per item? $10-20 per spree, I think 1 outing the food cost alone is more than that.

Sometimes when things happened.. i dont blame ppl for being angry with me... but just disappointed that didnt really know me and how I work. hahaha.. i tot i am an open book..*very straight forward*

Jgal,
Oh dear, i was just responding to calamari's comments about dishonest spree/BP organiser. Please don't be upset. I am sure you are an honest spree organiser hence the sprees you organised always yield a great response. However, i thought it would be good if you post copies of your shipping charges and invoice from the website you spreed from. In this way, quantities ordered and total shipping charges incurred are open for all to see. Even if the shipping charges turns out to be higher than what you predicted, i am sure your spreeist will glady pay and you dun have to shoulder the extra cost. Its all about transparency IMHO.

No lah, Amy :p i just speaking my mind on the matter
happy.gif
ha ha ha. No worries..
I still treat everyone the same.. maybe abit upset at first but.. then again I also know where they are coming from.
happy.gif
My policy is always if i can help. Not expecting any returns. Be it letting ppl get my share of the item 1st when i see that they need more urgent than me..or speak up for them or give them info they need. And I am happy that I can help ppl
happy.gif
ha ha ha..
As for the shipping charges post on the web.. sometimes.. possible like the medela spree i did.. Sometimes not possible like the happybellies spree..

Actually, I am not sure if the coach spree is a scam cos' if the organiser really had an accident, it will take at least 2-3 wks before the organiser settle the things at home before replying to emails. But of course, it's alot of money involved that's why the crowd are quite work up in just 2 days.

Nothing happened to medela and happybellies spree.. they are okay..
happy.gif

Happybellies, more complicated because alot of orders.. need to order in batch and shipping cost varies, esp when the first batch arrive and the last batch still dun know what is the shipping cost yet. I just take the average as I mentioned and collect money first. Posting the shipping invoice will just cause confusion.

Medela spree I refer to the freestyle spree that I organized earlier. BTW , no regrets spending that few hundred more. It's a great pump.
happy.gif

I post up the shipping cost as there is only 2 shipments and I dont intend to do again. So it's quite straight forward.. add and divide.

anyway.. bygones are bygones..
happy.gif
ha ha ha

Think i enjoy buying from spree n i shd say jgal is one of my regular spree organiser.

When we join spree, there is always calculated risk involved. Really hard to tell sometimes who r fakes, got to be really careful. Haiz, e scam is really scary

hey hey

don bother to go! it was a wasted trip for me but maybe you can get some minimally good deals...... :p

calamari

did not get the pram.

cloudme

there are better maternity deal online. the deals there are not cheap leh. maybe only the bum wear

jgal...
i have trust in u too... hahaa.. i love to spree from u also... becoz i find ur shipping reasonable and ur place is near my mum's place,...so easy to drop by...

hhaa... now i spree lesser on baby items..dunno why...maybe economy getting bad...trying to save abit and nt splurge as much..wat to do...

everywhere also pay cut lar, retrenchment... scrimp abit.. LOL

piggy
i plan to order disney cakes from bengawa solo just opp my mum; place. Convenient for me when im back to sg later on.

Hi Nana & Winter,

Thanks for the Birthday Bash party dtls... will see ur there. Hv emailed U, winter on the finalisation of the transfer of funds and maybe u need the particulars etcs... ? Do hear from u, thanks. - RAR

Hi All Mummies,

My son brithday is approaching in early April... will throw a simple party at home's function room for him ? Do yr have any good suggestions to make the party lively and fun for all guests and especially my baby boy. I am worried he may not accustomed to a sudden throng of people flodding to the place than usual and especially the new faces he never see. If he cry, will be embarrassed and have anyone encountered such... or etcsss?? Care to share more and I need help !!! - on any activities or organisers that ur know or have used that could calm and make my son enjoy throughout the 2-3hrs party time tog with all the people??? Do yr have any good food caterers, contacts for simple party giveaways like cupcakes or suitables...., any contacts for a cheap and good photo taking sessions with every guest tog with the birthday boy, etcs.... in short any good suggestions & experience in hosting such birtthday ...pls enlighten me with yr kind recommendations. Thanks friends , ya. Look forward to hear from ur all soon !!! rdgs - RAR

Hi Mummies,

Is this yr first child ? Is he now 11months old but yet still cant crawl well... (worried & stressed !!!). Are u becoming a SAHM becos of tending to him full-time, any maid troubles that u are facing too....etcss..??? Hi mummy friends, if u have similiar problems like above. Would love to catch up to chat more on then.... hear from ur, ya. - RAR

jasmine the cake looks great. hee in case u selling the birthday decor let me know can? me looking ard for boy decor but many places sold out for boy's decor. left oni girls'

Jasmine,

The cake is nice! I really gotta start thinking what I want for Julian's birthday. Haven't do anything yet. Haha.

Hi mummies,

hope all are mummies and babies are doing fine !! Just came back from a short holiday and had enjoyed ourselves. Missed the everyday eat and shop, eat and shop !!

Jasmine: your cake looks good !! Elijah's so lucky !! Teach him how to bake the next time and it will be nice if he could bake one for you when he grows older =)

Koori: Kaylen's cheeks !! hahha.. makes her looks similar !!

Jasmine, Kudos to you, preggy and still have energy to bake such an elaborate cake for Elijah. What a wonderful mummy! Cake sure looks very pro
happy.gif

Prawnie, how's your trip? Sure it was fun
happy.gif

Mummies, just to share. Brought dana for her 1st GUG trial this afternoon and not impressed with it. The trainers were friendly but mechanical and the activities didn't really engage the tods as much as Gymboree. Maybe our expectations are high
happy.gif
but we intend to try other enrichment first before commiting to one we're satisfied with. It's good to go for trials so you can evaluate the prog before signing up.
happy.gif

RE: Non-Toxic paint/crayon for little ones
Any mummies can tell me where to get non-toxic Crayola paint and crayons? Heard there's one type which the paint/colours will only appear on a special surface and not on walls/clothes etc. Any spree on this?

Koori: Kaylen really looks like FUjiya! So sweet! Kaylen getting prettier by the day.. heehee

Angel: thanks for the email! Oh i got Michael but he quoted for my venue $188/$118. So not sure did he put me on the list. Shall confirm with him. I am definitely getting him. The $128 package looks gd! So have to discuss further with him :D thanks babe!

Prawnie: MIss you babe!!! How's the trip?? Wow saw ur blog.. so many things to pack.. these days go holidays with our sons made us look like "tao nan" hahaha We shall meet this week if you are not too tired.. heehee

calamari: The coach scam is really bad! Gosh... refunding $10k plus!! Was thinking of getting Kate spade bags too from this spreer... must think THRICE now. Thks for the info babe!

Angel: Non tonic paint /crayon for little ones can be found at Taka's Creative Hands (above kino), not sure if Art friend has it.. should be but usually not so cheap. I dropped by a couple of days ago at Creative Hands and they are having sale, not sure if kids' crayons are on sale though. You may call 67381690 to check. If you are getting anything there, let me know, I am a member there :D

Jasmine: your cake looks great! Great job babe! Wish can bake this well :p

AMy: your scapbooks looks so nice! I am so not a " cut & paste" person.. hahaha Really admire your energy! And Jaspire and the rest of the mummies who are into the scapbook! I got it as a pressie too... but it's making friends with the cobwebs hahaha

hahah thanks for all the well wishes and the compliments

angel

i cheated and got loads of help from my cuz and hubby. :p also its really simple and i learnt all the steps from youtube. just search for it on youtube and you can see how others do it... just copy them and you can get it.
happy.gif

mushloom

sorry ah my boy took aliking to it and now its part of his toy collections... :p
but you can check out this ebay seller. i bought from her .
http://shop.ebay.com.sg/merchant/ourpartyshop

<font color="aa00aa">morning mummies..</font>

jgal,
thanks for organising all those great spees.. i know the hard work esp you're working somemore.. that's i told my hubby i really 'pei fu' you..
cheers and keep on introducing us the good buys.. hehe..
happy.gif

jasmine,
the cake looks great.. happy birthday, Elijah!!
proud.gif

angel,
thanks for sharing the GUG trial class.. going for JG's trial first then next maybe GUG.. busy.. busy.. :p

morning mummies,

jasmine,
i bought some nursing wear from the bb fair
but not the maternity one cos i got lots already...
for nursing one i didn't got any when i bf my first so now buy a few so i can bf instantly...no need to look for a bf room...

wanted to look at the cake pic but my co. ban facebook...
happy belated birthday to Elijah...

Maro,
u are early today...

gosh i got a nightmare yesterday due to the "wong li lin's documentry" advertisment on TV...so scary...i didn't watch that docu but still got nightmare...haiz

east mummies wif maids,

can share which agency u got ur maid from...

thinking of getting a maid...
cos afraid my bb will be more prone to sickness if i enrol them into CC and infant care

hi cloudme
my myanmar maid is from JPB at beauty world.
most importantly, someone sh be there to supervise maid with bb, never leave them alone!

hi mummies,

jts. saw this advert in papers this morning. pampers having 30% off retail price for e month march. available at ntuc, cold storage, jason's, shop and save, giant and carrefour.

angel, I am bringing Kayla to try out Little Neuro Tree... I find the attitude of the GUG staff pretty bad. I called them and they were like very nonchalent when I made enquiries. Quite p*ssed off.
sad.gif

jaspire

i have to agree... I brought jayden to view the place at GUG too... the staff is like... ok here's the amount, take note that you need to x 2 semesters". The emphasis is on the amount. and to ask her on what is covered in the playgroup, she handed me some reading materials, and ask me to read on my own... *faintz*

Back