(2008/04) April 2008

hi mummies,

heard of this? one of my fren emailed mi today..

Dear Sirs
IMPORT OF INFANT FORMULAE CONTAINING LUTEIN
It has come to our attention that the Wyeth Progress Gold, Promise and Promise Gold Infant
Formulae containing lutein have been imported into Singapore.
2 We wish to inform you that the import and sale of infant and follow-up formulae containing lutein
is currently not allowed, as lutein has not been approved as a food additive in infant formulae and followup
formulae.
3 If you have imported the affected products, please recall the products with immediate effect for
destruction or for re-export back to the country where the product was imported from, failing which
enforcement action will be taken against your company

Koori
oic, me oni at planning stage hv not firm up anything yet. Hope really can go cos hv not travel since Oct 07. Haiz, really hope 2 go 4 a trip.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Yippe 22 mummies now. And I have paid the deposit to secure the booking on Sat. I must say thumbs up to their service. While I was filling up the form, they actually allow E to roam the place and entertained him. And if we can hit 25 mummies to up to dexule package, jus need to let them know 2.5 weeks b4 2 May
happy.gif
</font>

Re: Mass Birthday Bash for April Babies

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Venue: JWT (46 East Coast Road)
Cost : S$35 per family (2 parents and 1 baby) Please transfer $35 to my POSB Savings account, 102-18206-5, indicating your nick in SMH

Venue Rental: Veronica

Photography - Angel &amp; Hubby

Cake - Maro - Personalised Birthday Cuppies with a Big Number 1 cake?

Party Favors or Door gifts for bbs - Maddy's Mum - Only if we have funds left.

Yes, We'll like to have a April Babies' Bday Bash!

Confirmed and paid
1. Angel, Hubby &amp; Dana
2. strawberries, hubby &amp; gideon
3. Yvonne, hubby, maid(maybe) &amp; Tiffany (trf tonight)
4. Winter &amp; Ernest (Hubby can't confirm)
5. na_na, hubby &amp; Alaric + maid
6. Serene123 &amp; roy zak (transfer 23/2/09 ref 2129205899)
7.mushloom, hubby n ivan
8. Jaspire &amp; Kayla + maid (maybe)
9. maomi, hubby &amp; sean
10. mifi,hubby n issac
11. vonn, hubby and kaleb
12. lovemum, baby (kang kang) n either maid or hubby.
13. Xiaozhu, Hubby and Kayden
14. maro, hubby &amp; davien + maid (maybe)
15. Rainyheart, hubby, Reina and Caden
16. Maddy's mum, Maddy's pop, Maddy
17. Jenny + Hubby + Javier
18. Joellez + Hubby + Dominic + helper
19. Stretch aka cia, hubby &amp; Claire (trf tonight)
20. Cath + Hubby Keng Seng + Baby Jayden (DBS dont allow setup of payee, will transfer tomorrow)
21. Geryl, Hubby, Ryan &amp; Clairese
22. jasminechenx, hubby and elijah

<font color="0000ff">Any more Apr mummies who are welcome to join. Jus add on to the list.</font>

Princess-j, winter: I've been using it since end Nov 08.
happy.gif
yeah, I was pleasantly surprised to see my bill just now. And the family used the electricity as normal. Oh! I also stopped using the airpot. Maybe that contributes too hehe.

Calamari
Oh yes, i saw ur testimony at the bp. M tempted to get for myself n my parents as well but dun know which one to take. Hb is down w stomach flu sp cannt ask him. Haiz, hopefully can join this bp, if not then i just get from e main stores w no savings

Hi mummies,

i m new to this site....can anyone share a little more with me abt this april mass party. My son is turning a year old soon in coming April 2009. Hubby and myself wud be keen to join this mass party for our son and all fellow friends.... is it too late to join now ? heaps thanks !!

Calamari - this month PUB bill was adjusted thus its lower, maybe you want to observe next few mths to see if its really low. keke. Mine was from $90 to $50 for this month.

koori: i was looking at the consumption...mine was from 800+kwh to 619 kwh...So the $100 savings not just from the lower tariffs. Its lower electricity consumption.

RAR,

The mass party details as follows: -

Date: 2 May 09 (Sat)
Time: 4.30pm to 6.30pm
Venue: JWT (46 East Coast Road) - we will be taking their birthday package which include gym for our babies. you can refer to their website at http://www.jwtkids-singapore.com/BirthdayPartiesJWT/JWTBirthdayPackages.pdf

Cost : S$35 per family (2 parents and 1 baby)

If you keen to join, please transfer $35 to Winter's POSB Savings account, 102-18206-5, indicating your nick in SMH

Hope to see u there!!

Cheers
happy.gif

Calamari, huh? airpot contribute to so much electricity? Hmmmmm, maybe should stop using mine and c.

Thanks for sharing... Will drop by the BP later.

cloudme

hmmm... think more like 2 mths as mine is late june early jul.

calamari

i got a similar one too but min is made in germany but bought in hk when i was on holiday
there. hahah seriously... this has helped me save like 100 to 150 per month and i have been using it for the past 2years. :p hahah din know that they have it in sg too.

RE: balloons &amp; decor package (Michael)

Angel: I am still waiting for Michael's reply. Do you have the details wat's in premium or other packages?

Thanks babe

Let me try to post this document here for the benefit of all mummies who are awaiting his reply.

Photos have been removed due to file size but you can view samples from his company website at www.thebabyonlineshop.com.sg or blog http://birthdayballoons.vox.com/ for ideas. Bear in mind that each event requires an hour to 2 hours to set up so he can be fully booked for the weekends so do 'chope' him early esp since we're all having our parties in the same month, some even same weekend!
happy.gif

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif
Balloon Decor Package
BBOLs Balloon Packages.doc (37.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Lynn &amp; Jasmine, glad you managed to secure his svs
happy.gif
Koori, have you booked?

wait ah i get it up here....

<font color="119911">Party Basic Balloons &amp; Deco Package

Party Basic Balloons &amp; Deco Package S$68
• suitable for small party at venue such as home, restaurants, hotel lounge &amp; café.
• comes with 25X Helium Latex Balloons (assortment colours with matching streamers)
• 1x Foil and Latex Balloons Combination Floor standing Bouquets each consisting of :
- 1pcs Super size Foil Balloons*
- 6pcs Accompanying Printed latex Balloons*
- Balloon Weights
*Theme and Design of Foil / Mylar Balloons &amp; Printed is based on our available Theme or Balloons selection.

S$88
• suitable for small party at venue such as home, restaurants, hotel lounge &amp; café.
• comes with 25X Helium Latex Balloons (assortment colours with matching streamers)
• 2x Foil and Latex Balloons Combination Floor standing Bouquets each consisting of :
- 1pcs Super size Foil Balloons*
- 6pcs Accompanying latex Balloons
- Balloon Weights
*Theme and Design of Foil / Mylar Balloons is based on our available Theme or Balloons selection.</font>

<font color="0000ff">S$128 Balloons &amp; Deco Package

1 x Balloon Columns / Sculpture (example: 1x Elmo Balloon Sculpture)
1 x Customised Foil Balloons Bouquet consisting of:
- 1 x Super size Foil Balloons (example: No1. Hugs and Stitches Foil Balloon)
- 4 X 18” Generic (Round/Shaped) Accompanying Foil Balloons
- Customised weights and onsite bouquet setup service.
30 X Helium Free floating Balloons
(which can be use as free floating or tie down to the chairs or use as a cluster to deco around the event hall)
Delivery service and onsite Balloons Deco / Setup service included.

Note: Supersize Foil Balloons Choice and Selection subject to availability and based on our collection of Supersize Foil.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">S$168 Balloons &amp; Deco Package

2 X Balloon Columns (example: 1x Princess Cake + 1x Princess Castle Column)
1X Scene Setter Backdrop **
1X Party Table Cover**
1 x String of Pearl Balloons Arch (helium filled. Max Size: 7ft wide by 8 ft tall)**
40 X Helium Free floating Balloons (which can be use as free floating or tie down to the chairs or use as a cluster to deco around the event hall)

Note:
** Scene Setter Subject to availability and Theme. String of Pearl Arch comes in multicolour (assortment) or standard 3 colours range. Matching Theme Party Table Cover (subject to availability based on theme) else Generic Party Cover will be provided.</font>

<font color="ff0000">S$188 Balloons &amp; Deco Package

2 X Balloon Columns / Sculpture (example: 1x Mickey + 1x Minnie Balloon Sculpture)
1 x Cake Table Arch (2 colours) for your cake table * with 1 X Banner / Banner Stand* or
1X Scene Setter Backdrop with 1 x String of Pearl Balloons Arch (helium filled. Max Size: 7ft wide by 8 ft tall) **
50 X Helium Free floating Balloons (which can be use as free floating or tie down to the chairs or use as a cluster to deco around the event hall)

Note:
* Cake Arch/Arch kit and Banner/Banner stand is on rental Basis. Collect back after event.
** Scene Setter Subject to availability and Theme.
String of Pearl Arch comes in multicolour (assortment) or standard 3 colours range.
Both Scene Setter and String of Pearl Arch customer will keep (and not on rental basis).
Value Added Party service available (example: hanging of additional Party banner, Pianta, Own Balloon inflation – Helium Gas Charges applies, etc. Please check in store for details.)

Free Party Supplies Included (for limited period only)
1x Matching Theme Party Table Cover
(Example: Mickey Party Table cover for Mickey Theme, else Generic Party Cover will be provided)</font>

sorry ah, my document don't have the $68 &amp; $88 package as he didn't send it to me. Maybe becos I specially asked for Balloon Columns, Sculptures and Arches which these 2 basic pkgs do not have
happy.gif

angel

want to say thanks for the intro to this guy. must say that he is great and helpful too.
happy.gif

hahah will put up the pix to my boy's party after next week k. hahah his is this sat!

Jasmine, wow Elijah's party is this Sat! How exciting! Yes please post photos to share with us after the party as he's the 1st one to celebrate in our thread!
kao_clap.gif

How's the prep coming along? Happy Advanced Birthday to Baby Elijah!

Lynn

Saw a Lynn buying from Joann's spree.. you into scrapbooking? Do you know where to find these supplies locally?

Tsukushi,
You can try Made with love at Plaza Sing(L3) or Laines at Wheelock place(L3). But they are alot more expensive locally. Spotlight, art friend and creative hands(habour front and Taka) might have some stuff too but their colletion may not be as complete as the first 2 shops i mentioned earlier
happy.gif
Hope this helps...

Amy/Lynn/angel

Thanks for the links/info. I'm trying to get started too, but first thing to do is to get the album. This is not an inexpensive hobby. Maybe should just buy the kits online cos I don't really have much time to shop during weekends.

Hi Tsukushi

no need to buy album, start slow with few nice 12x12 papers first and complete the layouts (LO) according to the theme you have in mind. When you have done enough LOs, then source for album to display them. In fact, you can buy frames from IKEA to display them too like what MWL does.

When first started scrapping, I was overly enthusiastic and bought a big album with many sleeves, thinking I would scrap at least 1 LO a month. But reality is with bb, I've no time to scrap at all so my album's a white elephant now (less than 10% filled)!. It's a good idea to start with kits, simple and easy to complete!
happy.gif

I've several scrap magazines which I bought for inspiration and ideas. If you can drop by my place, I can lend them to you
happy.gif

Scrapping:
I agree its gd for beginners to start with the scrapkit. I have actually done quite a number of pages for Kayla... its quite memorable and nice for them to keep when they grow old. Just to share 2 simple ones that I hv done...

2192333.jpg
2192334.jpg

jaspire

hahah mine is only in the notebook style. :p don dare to move on to this that you have done though i have the supplies at home.... hahh always wanted to start but never got down to it.

Back