(2008/04) April 2008

HI Mummies,

Anyone interested in Walking Wings? It's 49.90. I intend to get 1. I've contacted a supplier. If we get 3 sets i'll be able to get 10% off.

2053573.jpg

Cloudme,
congrats, wow u r so fast. hehe
happy.gif

The pigeon snack ball u can get from Kiddy palace @ Causeway pt, Robinson or Meidiya @ liang court.
happy.gif

Hello Cloudme,
Congrats! Take good care!

By the way mummies, can I check if anyone has started PORK into the porridge for our little ones? What kind of pork should we buy?

vonvon,
my mil started the pork since my ger 7mth...
for a start just use lean meat and slice it add to the porridge and let bb get used to the taste...

after that can start using mince pork...

as for which part of pork errhh...i have no idea leh...cos i dun cook it as i hate the raw smell...

mummies,
thanks for all the blessing...
hope this little one will behave and not let mummy suffer MS like my ger did...

cloudme congrats and rest well
happy.gif

jaspire
ok will keep you inform. so far feedback the little gym @forum and my gym@civic plaza like not bad. may pop over and check out before confirming ba.

juniorrain
hee my son also eating the star biscuit. he will wince when we pop one into his mouth. but once he finishes tat he will open his mouth for one more. haha contradictory fellow.

vonvon
i use mince pork, 汤骨 and 五花排骨. but ivan doesnt eat the meat. juz for the flavour oni.

Congrats Cloudme!

vonvon, I've given my girl minced pork and minced beef, cooked with porridge.
You can either buy those ready packed ones in the supermarket which is a bit more fatty. The cut they used is usually "wu hua rou". So it's quite soft and chewable for young babies.
If you are uncomfortable with the fats that you gotta go market and buy and ask them to mince the lean meat (rou tou) for you. But it might be a little more hard for babies to eat, just in my opinion and also more mafan to just make a trip to the market for minced pork.
If you and your family take beef you might want to let your baby take beef too. High in Iron which is necessary for babies.
I do add a little corn flour into my minced beef to make beef meat balls for her. Sometimes she takes them as afternoon tea snack.
I've also given my girl chicken shreds which she is also taking quite well.
I would like to try to cook frogs' leg porridge for my girl but so far I have no courage to even look at the bloody legs.

WOW...thanks for the "PORK" feedback.

Now I know I can start him on pork because he has been on fish (ngoh fish) and veggie like pumpkin, potato, carrot, broccoli, spinach since he started on semi-solid food...so wanting to start him with pork. I will start on minced pork on the porridge.

Will be going down to buy the pigeon snacks for him at Kiddy Palace- Jurong Point, don't know if they have it there. Hopes he likes it!

Summer's Mama, Frog leg...hmm....i scare sia...me don't even dare to eat it. We are not beef eaters due to religious
sad.gif

Oh ya mummies, anymore recommendation for snack?
happy.gif

hee hee, my son know how to call ma ma on 1/1. kind of surprise cos i am not his favourite person

and he say hi ma ma to me this morning.
happy.gif

check with nanny and maid. he don say that to them. feels so privilege.

I gave julian beef twice but he dun like. he's ok with minced chicken. maybe I'll try beef in porridge next week.

my friend compiled a recipe book for her gal. I gave a copy but most of it uses cheese, butter or olive oil.

congrats cloudme!

Calamari I hope Kayla is ok now, its good that the fever is not affecting her so hopefully it will go off soon
happy.gif

snacks for babies: I haven started Byron on anything yet ha, bad mummy. I think I will go check out the snack balls for him this weekend. Amy where is the provision shop you and dolly talking about?

FYI Robinsons having cardmembers sales again this weekend.

RE: Snacks

Snackballs, i like Morinaga brand one myself.
Smells good.
The pigeon one has kind of weird smelly, slightly fishy with tint of seaweed smell.
My girl likes both. But the pigeon one is quite ex. If i didnt remb wrongly, there is only two packet in each box and each packet has quite little. My girl can finish one pack at each snack period.
I give her gerber graduates stars. So far only tried the banana flavour.
Other than that she also takes biscuits like baby bites and the pigeon biscuit.

Re: Yogurt
I've given her baby yoplait which is meant for babies more than 6 months old.
It comes in 4 small tubs- 2 banana flavor and 2 vanilla flavor.
I do add in fruits like apricots, peach, apples into the vanilla one to give it an extra taste.
She takes the yogurt on alternate days as snack.

Jules mum, your friend is really sweeet to compile a recipe book!
I've tried giving her salmon, cooked with tomatoes and potatoes cubes and abit of cheese as per Annabel Karmel's recipe book. Smells very nice and my girl likes it alot.
But it's very tedious to make ...

just to check what is the normal amt of milk your babies take? i gave 240 ml of milk to Byron for his night feed and he can finish!! But he will still wake up about 4 hours later in the middle of the night.
sad.gif
I am worried I am giving him too much milk per feed

Ethan learned how to clap today, he started this evening and hasn't stopped yet!
It really surprised us coz we haven't been actively trying to teach him. We just clap a lot around him, when we praise him and stuff.
I guess he finally picked it up :p Very exciting!

After all the talk here about Gerber Graduates Stars, we went to the supermarket to get one today. Got strawberry apple flavor and Ethan loves it! Gotta say I rather liked it myself haha.. it was a lil hard not to stuff my face too! :p

We also got Morinaga Manna baby biscuits, will try them tomorrow.
Where can I find the Morinaga snack balls that some of you are talking about?

Cloudme,
Wow you are fast... hehe... Congrats.

Scubababe,
Good luck provision stall has branches everywhere. I bought mine at the one near gelang serai.

Diva,
the snack balls can be found at supermarkets also. Usually they are placed together with the baby biscuits

diva, mushloom: let me know when u going for trial class at The Little Gym
happy.gif
I am there with Kayla every Sat at 3.20pm
happy.gif

cloudme: congrats
happy.gif

scubie: thanks! Kayla is fine now...can't wait to see Byron very sooooon ;)

Re: 1st words
My girl has been saying papa and mama for the last 2 months but I don't think she is referring to hubs and me, think its just her blabbering, cos we refer to ourselves as daddy and mummy. However, last week, she's been saying 'gai gai' whenever we wear shoes for her hahahaha...Think her first words are 'gai gai' then :p

Calamari,

I'll call TLG and find out when their trial classes are, Ethan and I sure would like to meet both you and Kayla soon!
Pity hubby isn't around on weekends, wanted him to be around so he could snap pix at least.

My grandma was chuckling and chuckling as Ethan clapped his hands wildly earlier, she's now convinced that he'll be able to master 'gongxi' in time to collect angpows! :p

Fairprice Finest only had the Morinaga Manna biscuits, great that Esso has it! Thanks for telling me
happy.gif

There's an Esso station very near me, I'll drop by tomorrow haha.. it's quite amazing the variety of things that Esso carries. They've even got a pretty well stocked Korean section!
We actually got a baby slow cooker there, cheap and looked good.. the terracotta/clay type. $20 only, figured it's worth a try :p
Hope it works!

How's Kayla today?

diva: er...unless u are quite a strong ger, TLG is actually quite tiring for mummies...cos gotta roll around with the child!!! Better to bring hubs along! Kayla is doing fine today, back to her yakkety self...haha..kept on pointing to this fake 'Liechtenstein' painting we have on the wall..:p

The new juro point Fairprice finest damn jialatz don even have biscuits for baby, very little stock available for bb food....maybe still new.

Calamari,

Aiyo cannot lah. I'm strong but not 'roll around on floor, go from 1 activity to the next' strong! :p
Hubs will be in KL so I'm on my own if I really wanna bring Ethan. Must try holding him and rolling on the playmat tomorrow, practice a bit and build some muscle first haha!

Lichtenstein.. Kayla's getting an early intro to comic strips
proud.gif

Calamari: Glad to know the little girl has recovered !!
happy.gif

Cloudme: Congrats to you for your coming no.2 !!

I have been training Xavier to sleep through the night. He did well !! Finally learnt to sleep on his own and best of all, he has kicked off his bad habit of comfort latching at night.

morning mummies;
today my ger wake up so early and i guess she knows that it's her 9mth day...
she is super clinging to me and HB b4 we left for work...

calamari,
ur ger started to wear shoes?

my mil didn't even allow me to buy a pair for her as she said the hokkiens only allow bb to wear shoes when they are past the 1 yr age...

what a weird theory...but still got to listen...
sad.gif

cloudme: my grandma also say cannot wear shoe till he learn to walk. not even e soft sole type. her logic is very funny. julian will tend to fall if he wear shoe early. we are hokkien too. my grandma's got so many weird ideas. she say babies are not to look into mirrors as they will be afraid of seeing strangers. I have been doing tat but julian's ok with strangers leh. haha.

prawnie : so good. xavier can sleep through. julian still wakes up for his 4am feed. wish he can wean off his night feed soon.

Back