(2008/04) April 2008

hi mummies,

MIA for quite a while .. bz with work ...

I have started feeding my javier on home cooked porridage for about 3 weeks and he like it ...

He is also teething now ... can c a tiny teeth coming out from his gums liao ....

angel, goodbb,
think it's this. the brand is called u-like, orange in colour.

1830108.jpg

tsukushi,
same as yours? :p

Hiyee, haven been logging in for a long time.

Can I ask mummies who are oredi feeding their babies with porridge, what do u add to porridge? I'm currently onli giving my boy 1 feed of frisocream (4 tsp) and half a baby cube of pureed pear/ apple everyday.

Thanks Angel!

I guess a thermal cooker will do then, don't really wanna wait 1 hour.. hopefully will have time to go check it out tomorrow
I'm really keen to start Ethan on porridge too, I hope he loves it as much as I am eager him to feed it to him! Hehe

I tried preparing brown+red rice porridge previously but it wasn't smooth enough, hopefully I'll be able to get it right the next time I try
happy.gif

hi maro,

did u try to make soya bean milk using the equipment?any 1 got the recipe?is it easy to make soya bean milk using u like?
any 1 noe if can use the braun blender to make soya bean milk?

goodbb,
haha.. hv not. oh, the one for making the soya milk not inside the picture. there is a tube at the centre with holes. so put the soya beans inside the hole and will juice out the soya milk.. hope u understand wat i mean.. hehe.

my sis mention that as she saw the demo at isetan. just go down to isetan/ tangs, shd be able to query more..

Sharon(Araid) - HT & Heniz cereals are flaky. Maybe u added too much water and become too watery?

RE: Homecooked porridge
Start on my boy 3 weeks ago. Quite simple if u have a slow cooker. For those SAHM, also can eat as lunch too. :)

re blender
Yup I got the same blender as Maro. It is made in Korea and assembled in SG, according to the saleslady. The only thing is, you should not use this to blend very hot food cos I don't think the plastic is BPA-free? I use my normal blender with glass container for very hot food.

goodbb,
soya bean milk is very easy, you don't even need a blender though it will be more time consuming. You just soak the soya beans overnight, cook and then mash with a pounder, put into a linen bag and squeeze out the milk. You can add some water to squeeze out the milk. Alternatively, mash the beans, then squeeze out the milk and cook. Add sugar and cook with pandan leaves. My explanation isn't clear but you get the idea..

diva
Actually a thermal cooker takes as long as a slow cooker. But it saves you electricity and gas. But I think soup tastes better using a slow cooker. If you are making baby porridge, you don't need both. Just blend the rice into powder, and cook for 10mins over the stove.

Maro& Tsukushi: Hey, I'm using this blender too
happy.gif
Nice and easy. But I have no chance to figure out how to use the soya bean maker. hahaa..

mummies, can u share: what cereals u feeding your baby, how many times do you feed your baby daily and the quantity each time?

1. maro: frisocream, lunch only, 2tbs
2. Winter : HB Oatmeal + HT Barley, lunch and dinner, 5tsp
3. na_na: HT Brown Rice, lunch only, 2tbs
3. lynn _: HT Brown Rice and Barley, Happybellies Brown Rice and Oatmeal. Twice a day, 1.5 to 2 tbs, depending on cereal type.
4. calamari: HT Brown Rice/Barley/EYS Si Sen Brown Rice, lunch 2.5 tbsp. Fruit/veg puree, dinner 2 tbsp.
5. Littleprincesses - Cereal HT or HB for breakfast 2 teaspoon, porridge(puree) for dinner
6.Angel: Frisocream 2tbsp mixed with half babycube worth of Fruit Puree at Lunch only. The rest milk feeds as per normal.
7. Koori - HB brown rice, 3 tblspn 1x, Fruit/ vege puree 1x
8. yvonne - HB MG , 3tbsp for morning and dinner.
9. esther - Dinner only: 5 tsp HB BR + 30ml EBM + 1oz fruit puree (tried apple,papaya,pear,banana), abit of warm plain water
10. Diva: HT Brown Rice/Barley + Nestle Rice+Mixed fruit, lunch, 5-6 tbsp. HT Brown Rice/Barley + fruit/veg puree, teatime, 5-6 tbsp.
11. lynn85: HT Brown Rice/Barley (abt 3tbsp) + Vege/ fruit puree (2oz) for lunch and dinner.
12. prawnie : HT barley / cereal 1 tbspn + 4 tbspn of veg puree + 160ml of ebm (lunch only)
13. Maddysmum: Heinz Rice Cereal+ some fruit puree (4 tea spoon) for breakfast. Nestle Brown Rice for lunch (4teaspoon), Rice cereal for dinner. And around 500ml FM (very little eh, but she cant drink much). Ocasionally I feed her Heinz jars food when we are on the go.

jaspire & geryl & scubababe....me too work very near amara...

we shld all meet up for lunch..hee hee hee...

Maro...i got the above blender...i find it very useful...so far use to make puree, juice and blend ikan bilis n rice to powder...

Maro, tsukushi, prawnie & stefylim

we all got the same blender. very useful & easy to use. i got it 2 yrs ago to make puree & ikan billis powder for my #1.
prawnie, me too, till now hv not use the soya bean maker.

serene...i cook millet porridge for my ger every nite..she loves it more than any cereals...

mummies, can u share: what cereals u feeding your baby, how many times do you feed your baby daily and the quantity each time?

3. lynn _: HT Brown Rice and Barley, Happybellies Brown Rice and Oatmeal. Twice a day, 1.5 to 2 tbs, depending on cereal type.
4. calamari: HT Brown Rice/Barley/EYS Si Sen Brown Rice, lunch 2.5 tbsp. Fruit/veg puree, dinner 2 tbsp.
5. Littleprincesses - Cereal HT or HB for breakfast 2 teaspoon, porridge(puree) for dinner
6.Angel: Frisocream 2tbsp mixed with half babycube worth of Fruit Puree at Lunch only. The rest milk feeds as per normal.
9. esther - Dinner only: 5 tsp HB BR + 30ml EBM + 1oz fruit puree (tried apple,papaya,pear,banana), abit of warm plain water
10. Diva: HT Brown Rice/Barley + Nestle Rice+Mixed fruit, lunch, 5-6 tbsp. HT Brown Rice/Barley + fruit/veg puree, teatime, 5-6 tbsp.
11. lynn85: HT Brown Rice/Barley (abt 3tbsp) + Vege/ fruit puree (2oz) for lunch and dinner.
12. prawnie : HT barley / cereal 1 tbspn + 4 tbspn of veg puree + 160ml of ebm (lunch only)
13. Maddysmum: Heinz Rice Cereal+ some fruit puree (4 tea spoon) for breakfast. Nestle Brown Rice for lunch (4teaspoon),
14. Luann_Mummy: Frisocrem for lunch (1bowl)+ Millet porridge for dinner(1 small bowl), weekends will be HT Brown rice for lunch(3tbsp) and porridge for dinner...

13. Maddysmum: Heinz Rice Cereal+ some fruit puree (4 tea spoon) for breakfast. Nestle Brown Rice for lunch (4teaspoon), Rice cereal for dinner. And around 500ml FM (very little eh, but she cant drink much). Ocasionally I feed her Heinz jars food when we are on the go.
14. Luann_Mummy: Frisocrem for lunch (1bowl)+ Millet porridge for dinner(1 small bowl), weekends will be HT Brown rice for lunch(3tbsp) and porridge for dinner...
15: Puffish: HT/HB Brown rice 5tbsp (breakfast), Veg/fruit puree 1-2oz (lunch), HT oatmeal/barley 2tbsp (dinner). Average 800ml milk per day.

mummies, those already giving porridge, what to add to porridge? we cook rice + whatever stuff and then puree it all together? no idea how o start porridge. my sis says can cook like fish + carrot porridge and then puree but i find the idea quite gross.. or cook rice + other stuff and only give the rice??

anyone with jgal's address (unit number)? she overseas, and i'm supposed to go collect something from her maid today (wed) and realise i dun have her unit number!!

pls PM me if you have her unit number
happy.gif

15: Puffish: HT/HB Brown rice 5tbsp (breakfast), Veg/fruit puree 1-2oz (lunch), HT oatmeal/barley 2tbsp (dinner). Average 800ml milk per day.
16: jasminechenx:HB Brown rice/ HT Barley 5tsp + 3oz ebm (lunch), 3oz fruit puree (tea), HB Brown rice/ HT Barley 5tsp + 3oz ebm (dinner)

Wow.. never login for a long time. Needa catch up man!

The First Years Take & Toss Variety Pack - 28 pcs Spree by jgal - USD9.99
This baby product is BPA (Bisphenol-A) free.
* Reuse, toss or recycle*
* From 6 months
* Includes:
o 4 Take & Toss® spill-proof cups (10 oz.)
o 6 Take & Toss® bowls with lids
o 6 Take & Toss® snack bowls
o 12 piece Take & Toss® toddler flatware (6 forks & 6 spoons)

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=139988&catid=26964
Every 4 has $5 off Deposit $15.50
1. jgal
2. choc tge25
3. sputnik
4. jolene teo (joteohl) trf on 28oct transactn ref 1949941835
5. Yvonne (ynby80)
6. Puffish
7. cutie188 trf on 27 0ct S$15.50 Transaction Reference 1948121377
8. dolly23
9. joellez
10. maro (Transfer on 26 Oct: Transaction Reference 1947601041)
11. goodbb
12. Poky
13. burpy_babe
14. tratties
15. Cutiebb (Transfer on 28 Oct: Transaction Ref 9912)
16. Chewy

goodbaby: Ergo carrier is really gd. I have a babybjorn but the weight distribution is not as good as Ergo. Ergo has less stress on the shoulders which is great pain for long hours especially when Elliot is coming 9kg now.

16: jasminechenx:HB Brown rice/ HT Barley 5tsp + 3oz ebm (lunch), 3oz fruit puree (tea), HB Brown rice/ HT Barley 5tsp + 3oz ebm (dinner)
17: Cloudme : home cooked porridge 3/4 bowl (lunch &amp; dinner - <font color="0000ff">now never puree porridge</font>),last milk feed sometimes add HT barley cereal or si sen brown rice cereal + sometimes latch-on, food jars and juice only on weekends (as treats)...

<font color="aa00aa">Good morning all..
happy.gif
</font>

Lynn,
have pm you jgal's address!

strawberries,
no, the blender is not big with different blades as shown in the pic, with different compartments (2 big, 1 small) but of cose not hand-held..

tsukushi, prawnie, stefylim &amp; jamie,
so far, me just use it for juice, dont know can be used for blender, thought only juice. hehee.. nearly going to buy a food blender. lucky saw tsukushi post.. haha.. :p

Home-cooked porridge

I soak the grains for an hour, then pound them, then cook... 10 to 15mins then become cantonese chok, but bb don't like... spit out everything
sad.gif
Will try again another day...

Don't dare to blend the grains with blender, heard will shorten the blender life-span. Don't know how true.

BPA Free bottles
today news got covered regarding BPA-free bottles, what's it all about? Anyone knows?

winter:
a few day ago...i puree the porridge but bb dun want and later MIL commented that bb want the normal porridge
(as she has been feeding bb normal one) and true enough i tried again without puree the porridge, my ger took it happily...
now i only puree the vegs that is in the porridge...

little princesses sorry for e delay. I was sick over e weekend and julian's cranky these few days. he's having runny nose and think he's teething. his milk intake dropped again.

by e way, can I collect from you today or tomorrow at about 4.15? let me know which day is better for you.

17: Cloudme : home cooked porridge 3/4 bowl (lunch &amp; dinner - now never puree porridge),last milk feed sometimes add HT barley cereal or si sen brown rice cereal + sometimes latch-on, food jars and juice only on weekends (as treats)...
18) Vonn: Frisocream for breakfast(abt 3tbsp+) and porridge for lunch and 1 more meal for dinner. Is it too much for 3 meals?

Mummies who use Frisocream, the brochure i received from Friso mentioned we can add papaya into the cereal and i tried tat over the weekend, its smells great n shld be delicious as well. I have tried pumpkin as well...
happy.gif

Angel, me too bought the sweet potato from ntuc..$2.50 for a bag but too much right? U can differiante 'purple' bag for purple flesh and 'orange' bag for orange. But i cut open, the flesh dnt looks yummy to me, very light orange.
I bought at wet market instead...less than a dollar for 1 and taste sweeter.

Maro, i have the the blender as well. Bought it years ago and sitting like an antique.
can u advise me which blade to use for blending the rice?

17: Cloudme : home cooked porridge 3/4 bowl (lunch &amp; dinner - now never puree porridge),last milk feed sometimes add HT barley cereal or si sen brown rice cereal + sometimes latch-on, food jars and juice only on weekends (as treats)...
18. maomi: (keep getting kicked out! was number 4 become number 18, HAHA!) heinz, lunch only, 2tbs + snack fruit puree 1 tsp

18. maomi: (keep getting kicked out! was number 4 become number 18, HAHA!) heinz, lunch only, 2tbs + snack fruit puree 1 tsp
19. Vonn: Frisocream for breakfast(abt 3tbsp+) and porridge for lunch and 1 more meal for dinner. Is it too much for 3 meals?

mummies, I'm confused, so do we need to blend/grind the rice before cooking the baby porridge? I dun have the U-like blender, only hand-held type. Want to grind ikan billis also tough
sad.gif

angel, if u dnt grind...take longer to cook the porridge. If grind liao, maybe less than half hr.
I use slow cooker take up to 3hrs...hee

hi vonn, no probs. kicked out 3-4 times lo. =p

hi angel, you give ikan bilis? but isn't their salt content too high? so far i still dun dare give leh.

Vonn, wow, 3 hours? That long, didn't know...sighz...I'm such a freshie when it comes to baby food. Lousy mummy.
sad.gif

Maomi, the mummies here grind the ikan bilis to powder and add to the porridge. Or I was also told to boil the ikan bilis first and use the stock to boil the porridge. Will be trying it soon!

Angel, most of us are 1st time mummy, and freshie to baby food. I think u are great. At least u take the effort to make different kinds of puree for Dana
happy.gif
Keep it up!

I only make fruit puree, the rest, forget it, he will eat it when he's older :p

Angel, aiyo...dnt say that. sometimes i also agar agar wan.

My bb sitter make 'stock' and freeze it and use it to make porridge so dnt have to add anything already.
I think i saw a programme on Zoe Tay doing tat too.

<font color="0000ff">angle:
if u have no blender...just cook the porridge as per normal(for adult but soft enough to puree) and use a sieve to puree the porridge...
if u add fish to the porridge must scoop up the fish 1st b4 puree the porridge...
that is what i do previously b4 proceed to the normal porridge for my ger...</font>

haha..Lynn..i din read that maro PM u jgal's adress..i also PM u
happy.gif

19. Vonn: Frisocream for breakfast(abt 3tbsp+) and porridge for lunch and 1 more meal for dinner. Is it too much for 3 meals?
20.mifi:Teething rusk for breakfast.brown rice powder(3 tsp) for lunch and porridge for dinner

Winter, I feel very bad that I've to send my bb to infantcare so I told myself must at least send her there with some homemade puree to make up for it
sad.gif

Vonn, I think I'll do that first. Perhaps buy 2 more ice-cube trays to freeze the ikan billis stock so whenever I need it, just pop few cubes in. Btw, I tried papaya puree with Frisocrem, bb poo 3-4 times in 1 day after eating! Good for constipation
happy.gif

Cloudme and all, thanks for all the sharing and tips, I've learnt Sooo much and still learning everyday!
happy.gif

mommies,
can i ask if can give "gan bei"? my fil bought alot for my gal, but i scare salt content too high for her kidney... =(

vonn,
wat type of 'stock'?

angel,
me lagi worse.. also clueless about baby's food but really learn a lot from this forum too.. hehe..
thanks to all the mummies who have been sharing, really useful tips for preparing our precious baby's meal.. haha..
happy.gif

Ya, lets learn together.

'stock'...she use corn, pork etc etc and boil into stock and freeze it and use it to cook porridge. Very tasty for bb....i dnt knw wat method she use to cook the porridge cos she tell me use the 'stock' dnt need to add water already.

i worse. i dun do the cooking of the porridge. my mil n mum does. =( but they dun really know how also, coz their generation not so conscious and particular. so i must learn too!

ikan bilis and whitebait and silverfish, all can?

as for gan bei, its a kind of sea food, so they say better not to intro too early, in case of allergy.

i have a qn. how do you cook the fish or chicken/pork, if want to intro into porridge?

Back