(2008/03) March 2008

i heard that it is cheaper to buy the neubiliser rather than rent

cos my pal's sis bought it

Happygal
poor Rayne, hope she recovers speedily, ur son too
very worried when the kids fall sick

blue_skies
my bosses not that bad, it all depends on their mood ; if good mood day, they are flexible and very kind :p
they have children, but their wives r sahm, and they are all in their 60s now, so forget already , no grandkids yet
maybe today i ask on the wrong mood day, i dun want to ask on monday cos was thinking even more last min

abc, my kids have been seeing dr winston ng from kidslink. preferred him than dr heng frm kidslink jurng east. i thk mayb my kids wheeze are nt than serious to nd salbutamol, but ventolin got to gv 4 times a day for my gal. did ur pd gv ur son singulair also?

Just to share, got this in my email:

John Hopkins Update on Cancer

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY (’TRY’, BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY.
Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins:
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person’s lifetime.

3 When the person’s immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

CANCER CELLS FEED ON:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg’s aminos or sea salt.

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body’s killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the bodies own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body’s normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.

16.. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

1. No plastic containers in micro.
2. No water bottles in freezer.
3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don’t freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Cast le Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food, You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn’t bad but you don’t know what is in the paper. It’s just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.
Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life.

abc, ur boy din neb at least once in the clinic? my gal neb once there today, then half an hour later, pd listen to her again and she was better, but stil abit wheeze, so got to review her 3 days later

Happygal29
I didn't know at first also, until my ds #2 have used it many times later den a friend told me.. Cos her friend who was a nurse told her.. From then on, I try not to let Ds #2 take singulair unnecessary...

Respiratory problems can also lead to skin problems, i think some ppl will know, some dunno. I am the one who dunno until my son have eczema and we went to see the PD.

Yes. I'm finally gng to see Wolverine tonight.
happy.gif
Have a great wkend all!

oH. You shld catch Jangan Tegur. Looks v scary leh. Even review said scary and not much details given.

I am a scaredy cat one. Lol

Jus came back from PD's review. PD say he is better than yesterday. However still do one dose of neubiliser. Will continue oral medication until mon then bring him back for review again

Kell
Hi^five! I'm going to watch it with hubby tonight too!!! Where ya watching it?

Babypink
You mean the uninvited? I saw a programme in genting introducing this movie, seems quite nice..

I think i saw the Jangan Tegur on Cathay's website today. Anyone going to cathch 'Angel & demon' next week?

Rhys is down with stomach flu. Cannot drink milk and have LS 7 times today. Just ate some porridge.. MIL say if condition dun improve, will wanna bring him go KKH tml. (KKH=drip) So sad~ =(

Hei bbpink, thx for the recommendatn. I bought him a smiliar one but he refused to play w it. I just haf to b extra patience.
happy.gif

Wa seems like everybody too busy to post here. Enjoy ur weekends.
happy.gif

Reena
that is a heartwarming cake =)
btw, i went to copycat the playidea
2437760.jpg

<font color="0000ff">Wishes all mummies here a most happy Mothers' Day, hope all are as happy as this chap here ;)</font>
2437761.jpg

<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY TO ALL!!

Especially to those FIRST TIME MUMMIES! We made it to our 1st YEAR as a Mother!! WE deserve a BIG PAT on our shoulder.
happy.gif
</font></font>

harlow ;)

Haven been visiting singaporemotherhood for a long time.. busy keeping up to the new age working mum's crazy schedule :p

Juz saw the march bbs' bday bash photos via isabella's facebook. All the bbs are still so cute! but OMG they have grown so much!

Hope all of us will have a GREAT MOTHERS' Day! Enjoy!

Happy mother's day!

SPF formula
thought of getting one for my boy. any good brands to recommend? what SPF no should I get? The baby one or the kid's one?

Happy Mothers Day to all!

Got an eventful weekend. Went to eat dinner on Sat. Worse dinner I got. 7pm, Phoebe starts to get feverish, then we ask the waiter to rush out the food. 10pm, we drove to KKH cos no Doc open and the nurse said got to wait like 5hrs. We decided to just buy the fever medicine Dhamol. Didnt really sleep well, cos her fever reach 39.5.

Managed to get our GP on Mother's Day. Waited for 2 hrs. !! Like suddenly many ppl sick lor. Blame on weather, sudden hot and cool. Just check her temp went to 37.6. So I can zzz liao. :p

Boon Lay Raja food still nice even tho its Mothers Day eve and they got a wedding dinnner gng on. Recommend to all.

isabella
tat is sweet =) btw, u r rite abt the title, it is the Uninvited and it was not a ghost horror but the storyline line is quite interesting with an unexpected twist eventually

My Mothers' Day was interesting yday
until i was woken up by kelicia a while ago, running a fever..sigh*

Kell
Poor Pheobe, glad she recover fast..will probably try Boon Lay Raja on Fathers' Day then =)

Kell
Rhys also fever last week. His fever went up to 39.2 and he was crying non stop in the night. And stomach flu too.. DS #1 and me also fever and cough.. Haiz~ I think it's really the weather's fault.

Babypink
Yupx! The movie seems quite nice.. I wonder who that woman is actually and who is that little girl..

Oh no. So sad to hear some of the bbs falling sick. I thk barley is good. Do make some for them to drink. Add a bit of dang gui.

Isabella

the woman is just her mum's nurse, if u r refering to the father's lover =)
The main female lead was so agitated when she caught her dad and her mum's nurse making out that her intention was to burn them but killed her own sister &amp; mother accidentally, thus went crazy and stay in a mental ward.
Her fellow companion in the same ward was a nanny who filled in love with the kids' father and murdered the 3 kids ( 2 boys and 1 gal ) the little gal is that gal.u r wondering who she is

i must admit the little gal looks scary

Anyway, the story starts when the female lead is discharged fr the hospital ..

----

hope all the bbies recover fast

Isabella, what exactly happened..? But you dun worry much, you're studying right? Your upgraded qualification will land you a good job.

Hope all babies get well. It's sch holidays soon.

Oh no. Hope you can tide over this period. No worries, there will be other opportunities yah! Good Luck.

Aiyah, now Phoebe is slighty better, but her virus came to me. |-_-"|

congrats to crystal for her birth of her son. met her at Mt A today. My son was admitted there yesterday and saw her being pushed out from the delivery suite

Isabella
sorry to read abt ur job
all the best and hope u land with a better job soon =)

Kell
good to hear abt Pheobe and hope u recover fast too !
btw, thursday i can reach town b4 630pm ")

Hi girls,

1) I have 2 adult tickets to the Bird Park for sale. U.P $18 a pax, now gg for $28 a pair. Expires 30th June 2009.

2) Also have a BINB Beddie Bye Zip Around Blanket for sale, "Replaces loose blankets for safe comfotable sleep" U.P $34, now gg for $28. Color: Light Yellow, Size: L, for up to 31" in length.

2447504.jpg
2447505.jpg

3) Lastly, I have a BN Mustela Specific Support Bust Cream for sale. U.P is $38.50, now gg for $27. http://www.mustelausa.com/specific_support_bust.html

Do pm me if interested!! Thanks!!

Re: Job
They say the company is in consolidating mode. So they have to lay off some ppl. And find that we have too many admin in our company. So I am affected. They keep reassuring me there's nothing to do with my performance. But I can't help thinking: if there's nothing wrong with my performance, den why am I affected and not the other? Maybe the other admin is also the secretary of the MD, so they dun dare to touch her... Just count me unlucky.

Thanks all for the well wishes. I have found another job, also working as admin near my place. Lunch provided and I just have to walk 30 mins there if I dun wanna take the bus. It's only 2 bustop away from my place.. So I was thinking of walking there. Can do exercise and save some $$$ at the same time.. Lolx~

Wow, Isabella, good for you. That time I still ask you to do hsework to earn $ and lose weight. Now you really can save $ and lose weight! I wish you all the best!

Btw, I saw Phoebe molar came out. Maybe explains the high fever.

Back