(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

jac,
so far, no problem with my bb's skin. i dun even use moisturizer for her and her skin is still ok (she's in air con almost 24 x 7)

dunno what is considered "good" lor =)

jac, my older DD uses Gaia's shampoo, body wash and moisturiser, I buy that cause its easily available lol. For problematic skin that needs moisturising, how about CB's calendula cream?

Thankful n Garfield9,

It's probably just a phase that baby is going through. I call it a nursing strike. My baby went through one of those last month.

I suspect it was probably due to a few factors:

1) My milk supply was lower cos of menses
2) Upgraded her bottle teat size. (I use the bottle when I'm not around to bf) She probably finds it easier to drink from the bottle.

So I downgraded the bottle teat back to size 1.
In the day boh bian, feed bottle, let her realise that the flow is slower and breast is better. Then try to latch her on at night when she's seh-seh.

Well, my supply is back to normal for now and baby is latching on 'normally'. Keeping my fingers crossed that this doesnt repeat itself next month..

Though the aftermath of her nursing strike left her ONLY nursing from the right and impatient to wait for a let-down. She'll struggle, tug at my breast and swing her arms to hit me until let-down is achieved. Grrr...

tute
sign of dehydration is appearance of pinkish tinged crystals in the urine. can be very slight. you must drink lots of water if you breastfeeding.

Sunblock
does anyone have sunblock to recommend for babies?

milk intake
seems my dd's intake is really very little. she drinks only 350 - 400 ml during the day when i'm away. i latch 3x.

nowadays her appetite seems to be gg downhill. and weight gain has slowed down. shud i be worried?

Hi, Thankful,
I did what Artemis did when my gal preferred bottles than latch-on--- Let her cry out. Hehe...

Hi, Apple
I would make same decisions as yours; Enjoy motherhood! Don't let breastfeeding issue burden you.

bkk
i think weight gain will start to slow down, esp when they start to get active. from what i've asked around, most 1 year olds are abt 10+kg? so guess they won't be growing as much as the first few months.

apple
me! me! send me the article too please
happy.gif
[email protected]
happy.gif

sweetpea
my boy drinks abt same as yours, every 3 hrs also, and at the most ever ever is 150mls, but that's like once in a few days. usually abt 110 also. but he seems happy and it's sometimes a hassle to get him to even take 110, so i can't really be bothered, haha..

hi jac,

i've been using the CB aloe vera cream and it worked for my baby. i actually have a new tub of CB calendula cream which i purchased from the BP previously at a lower price than from the shop. If you're interested I can sell it to you as I realised I can't even finish the aloe vera one i'm using(her skin cleared up after i used it a few times and i stopped using since). if you're still keen on buying from the shop i can try to find out the store that sells it for you. its hidden in one of my many many bookmarked favourites! haha

anyway, i've been told by many people that aczema should go away on its own. just have to clean milk and saliva away with water so the skin doesnt get worse. the cream is just to speed up the process but isn't really neccessary. good luck!

Sweetpea/bx, RaeAnne also doesn't drink much, if bottle usually 110-125ml (until now, I'm still using Avent small bottle). If I latch her she also drinks only 1 side, esp if early morning. Sometimes I also can't tahan to wait and feed her the other side cos so sleepy and losing my grip on her. And she's older than most babies here cos she was born in end Jan. During the 2nd 6-in-1 jab, she was 6.3kg. :p

Babyhope, the brand is called Konfidence. They also sell at departmental stores, I bought the pink adjustable one for my gal from Isetan Private sale.
happy.gif

Tubao, oh i see. Will try it out. She can't quite sit yet, maybe next month.
happy.gif

Isobellies
send le

Jac:- Not Berry but I have tired the CB calendula cream on my baby rough face and it has become smooth and my sister-in-law used it on her daughter who has eczema and it works for her as well. Its much cheaper to get it from the website or the BP. But if u really want to buy directly from a shop, some organic shop carry it. The organic shop at The Arcade ground floor sell this cream and it cost about $25 (BP only $15). I have seen some shops (those shops selling toiletries) at Chinatown selling this cream too.

HTHs

tute,
thks for your well wishes.. yes, it was quite a tough period for me since the mid of my confinement till now having to see Ervin gone thru the bone marrow test, erlene hospitalised due to bronchiotis and ervin hospitalised due to diarrhea..
i wish my kids will stay healthy & happy from now on..

artemis,
thks for your recommendation.. i m interested to get the multi-vitamins which u mentioned. How much is it ?
Hope Danica is getting better.. How's your new maid doing ?

xiaoyun,
so sorry, din managed to pass your stuff to dorothy..
embarrassed.gif

can u msn mi later ? we make other arrangement again ?

thankful,
your CB diaper wash is with me now.. in fact u hv lots of stuff with me.. can you collect all your items from me asap ?
Oh, can u oso trsf the shipping for ON#3 to me ?
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1416284.html?1212679717

mummies

Something to share
Do you know you can get
Straits Times
lian he zao bao
and others Major International paper update daily FREEEE

just go to: www.nlb.gov.sg
then: eResources for Adults
then: eNews
then: Library PressDisplay

of course you will need to register... FOC for singaporeans

Hope u all find it useful.

Hi apple, I have PM you.

re bf
I agree tat it is not easy to keep up with TBF and certainly missing out moments with babies and sometimes results in frustration..... thus, not an entirely bad thing to give it up.... now i am pumping at 10am and 4pm, latch at 8pm, then pump at 9pm (sleep) then latch in middle of night, then pump at 445am.... cycle starts again...

but my boss has been hinting me to bring my note book back to work.... but at this moment i did not cos the pump is heavy and the milk is heavy.... thus, i am not sure how long more i can keep up with.

yesterday night was really storming man.

<font color="aa00aa">Kindermusik Village Class (8 lessons) - SIGH UP</font>
hi, i'm from Jan-08 thread and is organising a Sunday 10am Kindermusik Village Class for babies. Kindermusik Village is for newborns till 18 months old. A term of 8 lessons and Fees = S$23.80 x 8 lessons, + materials + gst = S$271.14

If you are interested to sign up (min 10 babies to form a class), please PM me (as I don't frequent this thread). Thanks.

when do u plan to let the babies start the kindermusik or gymboree or etc...? perhaps we can all consider to sign up together..hehe..shld be fun
btw - i rem someone mentioning got lobang for blank flashcard, can any1 still rem? i need to buy some blank flashcard to prepare my GD material..

good morning mummies,
it seems like all your weekends are meaningfully spent.
happy.gif

on the contrary, my weekends are just waiting waiting and waiting.
my bb is taken care by my MIL now. so, I am overdosed with my PIL - weekdays (evening 7:30pm to 9:00pm) and weekends (fri night, sat, sun). I can't go back to my parent's place often as they are in malaysia.
If I add up the time that my hb spend on MJ weekly, it will be about 12 hours. Sometimes it's not because he wants to play, it's because his father doesn't want to play then ask him to join.
cannot say I am 'wu li qu nao' to quarrel with him right? I expected more quality time spend together...

I think from now onwards, I don't want to stay over at their place. see if I can insist.

re: vitaglo
Qoosan,
dor can take over your sunscreen but no one wants the shampoo le. [Lelong Lelong!!!]

qingling,
since Qoosan wants the diaper area wash, you want to join the next spree?

kitsune,
sorry, dor actually reserve the sunscreen earlier than you.

re: GD softcopy
apple,
can email me too? [email protected]

re: konfidence
think they have website www,konfidence.com.sg, UOB/OCBC credit card has discount

xiaoyun,
i think you have been very patient. like stephie, i would have given black face loooooooong time ago already!

perhaps you can line up some specific activities for weekends and inform hubby way before the weekend? then tell hubby to inform PILs that this weekend your family will not be going to their place because you are going to xxxxx

at this age, parks are a great idea (i love botanic gardens and macritchie early in the morning). or does hubby have any favourite activity other than MJ that you can do together as a family?

sometimes, spending time together at your own place with baby can be very fulfilling. dun need to go anywhere also.

happymum2b,
11 Jun 2008 10:34 AM
To Account POSB Savings
126-16066-6 happymum2b OldNavy
Amount S$10.15
Transaction Reference 1749564193

Payment made. Will try to collect this weekend if possible. Thank you.

XiaoYun,
Did I trf to you? What's the amt to trf to you? Thread too fast not sure where your post is.

Hi all,

I have the following brand new medala product for sale :

1. Medala storage bottle pack (3 bottles in a box)
- $25.20

2. Medala spare parts, Valves &amp; Membranes - $24.40

3. Medala Nipple Cream (Big tube) - $15.40

Interested, pls email to [email protected]

Juz bought them at the bb fair at expo, with receipt to show. Selling coz my sis have extra for me liao.

Xiao Yun,
Who have not collect from you yet? Are you meeting Kelly?

Kelly,
Can help me to collect my nursing wrap from Xiao Yun?

QooSan,
Please pass the Xiao Yun if Kelly have not meet Xiao Yun yet.

hi all,

just read from mar'08 that this thread have been exist for almost one year...guess many of us have just found our pregnancy around this timing of last year.

I still remember how my GP first told me " ya i saw 2 lines, so congrads to you" Although me and my hubby were quite active that time but it still come as shocker to me...din realise it can come so fast to me...but now my precious is already 4mths plus. There is a great sense of achievement to see her grow and mature.

However, me feel sad at time when she prefer my MIL than me..feel like a lousy mother to her...

bkkgal,
it's my baby whom i suspect is dehydrated, not me leh...must i drink more water too ? and yeah, saw a tinge of orangy/pinky stain on my son's diapers yesterday and the day before but then this morning dun have anymore...maybe he drank very little during the day and the weather was hot... shall monitor and see how today...

happymum,
yeah..i can imagine how stressful and tiring it is for you, esp now that you're back to work... hopefully both ervin + erlene can be in good health from now on...

xiao yun,
agree with garfield...staying at home and spending time with bb is already quite fulfilling, in fact this is how me + hb spends our weekends mostly... we are quite a lazy couple who prefer to stay at home, enjoying the leisure...of course now not so leisure with bb around but at least when my bb asleep get to spend quality time with hb
happy.gif

hmm...any mummies here still have ebm storage glass bottles that they are not using anymore ? i only have about 6 bottles now and dun think it's enough
sad.gif

hi garfield,

regarding the bb leggings,will u be passing to xiaoyun??wonder if u can pass mine to her then i collect the diaper wash and bb leggings from her??or did i opt for postage that time?i super blur mum

garfield,
it's not because i have patience. it's that he ignored my black face for a long time.
sad.gif

I would like to go walk walk at east coast park. but then scared of the hot weather and mosquitos.

tute,
ya. i actually quite enjoy staying at home alone as I have got lots of activities at home, e.g, read books, surf net, sleep. but my hb will feel bored easily.
we used to play playstation together, but now i no longer interested.
it is troublesome during meal time. i can't cook
sad.gif

so now, quite sian to stay at home liao.

thankful,
very complicated le. transfer your thing from 1 person to another... very blur liao. :p
the amount you need to pay me is 1.91.
please transfer to 198-15117-3
thanks.

goodbb,
garfield already collected her stuff.
also, i don't passby AMK recently.
are you in hurry? next Friday I am going town after work, I probably will 'transit' at AMK in the evening.

apple,
thanks. receive your files.
happy.gif

tute,
i've got quite a few glass bottles but with the metallic caps.
do you want?

aquaDucks Free Trial Class
How many? 4-6 babies per class (1-parent-1-child)
Where? Heated pool at Suntec (When? Somewhere in SEPT(weekend)
How long? Each session is 30 mins max
Time: TBA
Age? 6 months onwards
http://www.aquaducks.com.sg/programmes.html

1. Cheryl
2. Dorothy Goh
3. h@ppymum2be
4. Vine-Gal
5. Blueginger
6. Qingling (sat 2-2.30pm)
7. Jeannie (sat 2-2.30pm)
8. kitsune_sg (sun 3-3:30pm)
9. Snowbelle (sat 2-2.30pm)
10. Tongtong
11. Leila(sat 2-2.30pm)(sun 3-3.30pm-TBC)(aftr 8 Aug)
12. Babyhope
13. Stephie (sat 2-2.30pm)
14. Tubao
15. Winnie (sat 2-2.30pm) after 13th Aug
16. yanyen (sat 2-2.30pm)
17. Eliaw (sat 2-2.30pm) 16 Aug
18. thankful (sat 2-3.30pm) 16 Aug
19. Artemis
20. Beautyseek (Sat 2-3.30pm) 16 Aug

Beatyseek
pls PM me ur name, contact, baby name and date of birth. i tried to PM u but u dun accept PM.... thanks......

would u all like to make a grp of 4-6 ppl among urself???

xiaoyun,
some men ah....black face they will ignore. try being more assertive. my hb also like that sometimes - he will say if something really bothers me so much then i should tell him upfront and not just sulk
biggrin.gif

i'm also very afraid of heat. try going early in the morning. i dun recall botanic gardens having any mosquitoes but you can always spray insect repellant before going. the greenery is good for the soul
happy.gif

xiaoyun
can put the CB bug repellant lotion to good use :p

garfield
luckily now my black face still works (as in hubby will know i'm unhappy and will ask me wat is it). if hubby ever ignore my black face, then must think of another secret weapon liao. keke.

Wow, having a hard time catching up with the thread...

tubao,
hey, i saw your little Emma on the bamboo chair - very cute! care to share where you got it from? Feel like getting one for my boy since he luvs to sit up and bumbo is too tight for his jumbo legs... hehe

cheryl,
erm... can i join in the aquaducks? still got slot mah?
happy.gif

Erm, any recommendation for eczema-prone skin?
My boy has dry patches all over his body, now I'm using J&amp;J Baby Lotion but doesn't seem to get better...
And recently the area around his genitals are very red and sore... have switched him back to cloth nappies in the day but doesn't seem to help much too.
Anyone has any idea?
sad.gif

Back