(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

dor
there's nothing really die die must buy lah...for me i found the dried longans in CM cheap n good quality. that time bt alot for confinement :p I never go n check robinsons got nursing rm or not cos last time not preggy leh! in fact bn to cm 5,6 times oso never notice ..

kitsune
ok can pass u at kelly's.

diapers
i think on average no-poo days, my bb use about 6. on days she decide poo-ing is fun maybe 8. One pampers diaper can last her from 7 to 7 cos we dun wanne wake her to change.

btw, found petpet good and cheap. hb doesn't like the sticky fastener, prefers the pampers velcro type but other than that, no complaints lor.

wipes
now i'm using ntuc brand wipes...ok lah, quite thin and small but still alright. tried tollyjoy n pigeon before. tollyjoy at the end always very wet and hard to pull. wanna try carrefour next.

andrea
the bows v pretti. wanna get but the bp closed liao
sad.gif
hopefully she open again.

i oso cannot master the sling. asked helper to wash and make it soft, until now never see it le, dunno where she keep it.

diaper usage,
i use pampers for night and nepia in the day. pampers can last 12 hours through the night. for the day, we change every 3hrs or so. average usage is 5.

wipes,
i use pigeon cos it's easy to pull out, and wetness is just nice. wanted to try tollyjoy cos cheaper but didn't in the end cos i'm a sucker for supposed "technological advantages" (pigeon wipes are micro blah blah blah tested to minimize bacterial growth or something)

used to whack 3 packs of wipes per week during the early days when bb pooed a gazillion times a day. nowadays, one pack lasts me 2-3 weeks

talking about hair clips, my gal has been dropping A LOT of hair. very scary. she used to have a full head of hair, now can see big balding patches. is this normal? or maybe due to the shampoo i use?

garfield,
it''s normal. my A is almost bald now. she was born with lots of hair too. if u dun like the patches, u can consider shaving her at 4th month.

i dun intend to shave A. just leave it slone. u?

it's a custom to shave either at 1st or 4th month. but i guess it doesn't matter when u do it unless u r superstitious.

wat if shave already dun grow back? my mom keep asking me to shave bb's hair. K also dropping hair like mad - bald patches here and there.

came back yday super tired. *yawn* TGIF!!!! Dunno how to last the whole week like that.

last night, wake up 1.30am pump and 4.15 am latch. gonna crash later at the meetings. xiong.

wipes- I use pigeon too cause the wetness is just right, and most importantly its not fragranced. Hmmm not sure why but I use very little wipes? Only when bb poops and thats like several times a week. :p

bbkgal,
our baby's hair the same. hi^5!
u very hardworking. ever since i start work, i pump at 10pm then 5am. won't wake up in the middle of the night to pump.

Garfield & Kitsune
Which pigeon wipes you all talking. Im using the red packaging one. they have a blue packaging one also right that one is anti bact? red one is it anti bact also or only blue one? i like pigeon one really very easy to pull and not very wet.

Date: 19May, Mon (public holiday)
Time: 12pm?
Venue: Pasir Ris

1) Kelly & family - fried bee hoon, curry & drinks
2) cheryl & family - food tbc
3) bkkgal & family - thai vermicelli salad
4) qingling & family (hubby not confirmed yet) - erm..can i confirm later.. ..Mon prefered cos sun i got games
5) leila & family - food tbc
6) eliaw & family - fried chicken wings or ice cream??
7) Thankful & family (hubby not confirm yet) - food tbc

Express at work
Want to check with all of you. Boss suggested toilet to express. Hubby disapprove and ask me to stop bf or ebm. Then I think there's a library. Ask person-in-charge of library. Told me no problem. As library sit in another subsidary company, I asked the manager for permission liao. 1st day of work everybody ask where I pump. I told them library. Then GM asked me yesterday who give me the idea and whether I asked permission from the manager. Wah! Give me the impression that I EBM in library is wrong but to do so in toilet is ok...... Like I committed a crime.

HR told me I should not have taken HL but should have taken my ML then unpaid leave.... HL is just for show to MOM loh. Cannot be use lah. Now back to office, feel co not compassionate at all. My CNY "Kai Gong" ang pao also swallow away loh. How to ask..... sigh.... make me want to throw paper...

thankful,
seems like ur company is not very supportive of bf. so now are u allowed to express in the library? if cannot, toilet should be ok coz i know dor oso expressing in toilet.

bx
i found my ss dropped yday. usually when i pump at 10pm, can get 120+ ml but yday only managed 80ml. Total output yday cannot meet my bb's needs today
sad.gif
That's why I had to wake up to pump to make up for shortfall lor..I very scared now if work whole week no rest sure ss will drop like siao. how?? sigh............

Thankful
Why is the GM so ngiao?? Tell him/her that co shud be more pro-family, provide a nursing room! I can see why HR's attitude is like that..cos GM's attitude like that, HR sure follow example wan. Your angpow is your entitlement, whether or not you were on leave or not. You should write in and ask politely like hey did you forget my angpow?

Sorry that you have to put up with such nonsense. Hang in there, it's Friday already. Look forward to the weekend and spending every minute with your little one ok? *Hugs*

thankful,
+HUGZ+
i think ok to express in toilet. somemore my toilet is shared with service centre
happy.gif

np lah.

Bx, +wave+

bkkgal, i heard abt dried longan.. will get that to brew soup. u wan?

hi dor!
when u going? thanks but i still have 1-2 packets of dried longan left from confinement. keke. mil using to make desserts now. i'm planning to go end of this yr when weather is cooler..you bringing your 2 kids?

garfield, bx, bkkgal
stella has bald patches on her head too. 2 make matters worse, my girl sweats a lot so she is getting heat rashes on her scalp. so i've decided 2 shave her head off 2day.

i'll post b4 & after pics later 2nite.

morning ladies!

Diapers,
Im using pampers baby dry, seems ok. just bought pet and pet and will try it out.

Pigeon Wipes
I have only come across the one in red packaging...is there another packaging/type?

Shaving BB's hair
I also half hearted leh..my bb dun have much hair in the first place, dunno whether to shave so that "he'll have lots of hair in future" (as according to the elders) or to leave it alone.

Express in toilet
My co toilet always wet and smell of urine... *Stink* There's sunshine inside even though have ventilation fan but whole toilet very hot. I will be hot and sweaty inside. By the time I finish, think I will faint inside. Moreover very scared of "samola" virus that hit Prima Deli bakery. Cos this virus are from our "Da Pian"

Ang Pao
How to ask? Ask GM or MD or HR? Or I asked my supervisor? Supervisor, GM and MD are very good terms always have lunch in office 1. Sigh... Wait they think I very "Ji Jiao". But they "Ji Jiao" with me in the 1st place. I was asked to come back work by my MD and begining she told me I can express my BM in office (I was still EBM my no.1 that time). Now can change and said co not big like other big co where they can have bf room. I don't want to give up bf cos my no.1 cannot latch on so no.1 only EBM. Now I enjoy latch on with V. Can't bear to stop. But seemed like co is against me. Sigh.... What am I suppose to do? *Sob*

Thankful,
*Hugs* sayang sayang. Oh dear poor you. Hang in there. Let's try to think of some possible solutions together with you ok? Jia you!!

Where is your office? Are there other offices or buildings that you may use? Any possibility of nursing rooms in other offices?

Can you adjust your pumping schedule to once a day during lunch and walk out to somewhere more conducive?

Are there other female managers with rooms who may be sympathetic and allow you to use their room from time to time?

Just surfacing some ideas to explore.

Garfield,
Althot my co is 3storey building, almost everywhere is filled up with people. Only have conference room. The rest of room are either MD or directors room.... Co have open concept so no close up area. Sigh... That's why only library one door with lock and 1 aircon with no window ventilation.

thankful,
y dun u go to some shopping centre during lunch to express?

bbkgal,
i see. my ss oso dropping. just now i panic. suppose to be able to pump out 200ml. but after 130ml, no more milk come out. i squeeze and squeeze my breast until manage to get 195ml. keke. dunno whether u squeeze ur breasts when u pump. it works for me as i squeeze, can see the milk squirting out. dun squeeze, no milk.

dor,
drink boiled dried longan can increase ss?

thankful, how abt yr workstation?
use a nursing cover?

bx,
re:drink dried longan can increase ss
not sure leh. but can use it to brew soup.
how's ss?
my ss yest veri good!!! hopefully will last.

kelly,
i'm also tempted to shave and apply olive oil. my mom did that to me and i think my hair turned out ok in the end.

thankful,
can you use conference room during lunch? or as bx says go to shopping centre? worse case scenario - choose the cubicle which is the most secluded and pump during lunch with a shawl. hopefully your colleagues are sympathetic (most women are)

xiaoyun/bkkgal
i like the hair accessories alot! Argh BP is closed =(

bkkgal/garfield
baby hillary has been dropping alot of hair too!! her front suddenly got alot of cradle cap and while removing them, the hair also drop! her back of her head also botak coz she keeps tossing and turning!

qingling
i have the baby einstein dvd (baby beethoven) my bb watches it almost every morning =x she enjoys it alot and gets very excited!!

re. fever
my gal has a fever since yesterday when we brought her for her 2mth vaccine on wed. she has been sleeping since last night 10+pm until now (with feed in btw when she hungry) dunno if i should wake her up or not!!

dor,
my ss drop and drop. everytime oso abt 20ml less. like suppose to get 160ml, i get 140ml etc... really no time to pump regularly. now stretch to 5hrly.

andrea,
baby hillary is so pretty!! very sweet
happy.gif

bx
she's bald behind. will post pics later 2nite.

garfield
fr my past experiences wif my boys, after shaving their heads, their hair grew out fine & lots. i didnt hv 2 apply olive oil.

andrea,
you must be so proud of hillary...she's so cute!!!

makes me feel like dressing up my gal. not to mention buy more clothes for her. so far she's only in rompers cos that's the most practical.

Bx,
My co is at Genting area so only have office building here... No shopping centre unless Potong Pasir next time have shopping centre develope there. That 1 don't know when it will happen. My workstation.... Remember beside me is that guy whom complain about me opening drawers and then later screm and shouted at me cos I'm always on the phone. He's also indoor sales. Can talk on the phone for 1-2hrs. I'm indoor sales need to coordinate things and moreover that time my helper is new so need to check things constantly. Behind him another male QC manager. My co open concept with panels just above waistline. I'm in the middle section and in the middle of the office.... Before coming back to work, I already "trained" my boobs (6-9hrs) for just 1time express at lunch time.

Just started work on 7th. So this 2days lunch time can't managed to pump all out. Don't want to OT so went home on the dot. By 6pm already abit hard cos have leftover milk from 12pm pump. So can't tahan so long.

kelly
replied your email! thanks for offering to help me bring over the spree stuff, i will let you know if needed! =) my bb also bald behind!
sad.gif

bx
thanks!! jiayou on pumping! dont give yourself too much stress.

garfield
thks!! decided to dress her up coz my mil n hubby find that she looks like boy!! mine is mosly in romper too, almost everyday, haha, in that pic shes wearing romper too, those that will end at the knee type =P

andrea:
ur ger is so sweet.. will be a pretty babe when she grows up.

re: Mum's who express @ work
i will pump twice in the office. not sure how to clean the breast pumps when i'm done w the 1st session. I'll wash w tap water and before i use them the 2nd time in the afternoon, i'll use the medela wipes to wipe them once then w tissue. dunno if it hygience leh. can share your experience w me?

thankful:
can bo chup? con't to pump in the library since ur GM onli question u abt it.. but he nv tell u cannout use right? act blur lor... if not i guess its tough for u to find another suitable place to pump leh.

jaslyn,
Sad to say. My GM is a lady whom not married yet... MD is lady also. But I guess nobody BF in my co so don't know my agony now. *Sigh* now bo chap using internet to distress myself. Can't keep inside me anymore cos will explode...

thankful:
ok... then they wont understand tat u wan to try your best to give the best to ur bb. sian~~ its tough on u. but hang in there ok.
happy.gif
look on the brighter side.. its a friday! o ya... y ur hr say u cannot take HL?

jaslyn
re: Mum's who express @ work
after my first pump, i will wash them with the pigeon detergent n then throw them into a lock & lock with sterilising water. then when i wan to use again, i will take them out from the lock n lock n use.

bx,
let's jiayou!!

mine lock & lock box is 2.6L, so i use 1 tablet.
got a disinfectant smell.
i think my milk oso kena the smell. have G drank the milk u expressed after u sterilised with the tablet?

Pigtail
pigeon have quite a few type that i come across. the blue packaging one all in japanese words.dont know what they write. i think got white packaging one also. i also confused.

bx, i c.
think should be ok ba.
G yet to drink cos he is still drink april batch.
A took already?
i read the instruction on the sterilising tablet box. they mentioned that no rinsing req. so should be ok

Back