(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Dor/Kellie
Coleman in Thailand is expensive leh....may be double the price in spore unless you happen to see a sale. Actually, what I would do is get those styrofoam box from Makro, very cheap and sizes range from small, medium, large. 30 baht for the smallest size. Fill with ice and pack back. The plane ride and transfers from airport shouldbe less than 6 hrs total. I used to bring back those ah balling from chinatown like that with dry ice.

Water conditions ok but if u worried abt using water to wash pumps, then buy bottle of distilled water and wash or boil the distilled water and use to sterilise.

NTUC wipes
There's an offer now $4.95 for 1 tub of 200 wipes. I just bought.

Car seat
Mommies, pls always put your bb in a car seat. It's a good habit to instil for our children . See so many accidents involving small children nowadays, better be safe than sorry. Belt them up even for short distances.

Oscar, welcome back! isabelle's reflux ok alrady? so maybe swimming is the way to get her to nap longer? i will attempt to bring my girl to dip tmr! hehe, can't wait for the swimsuit liao.

Andrea, the name hillary sounds like those very sensible british names, that's what i meant when i said strong. no offence ok? i think it's a nice name and not many pp chose it.

KElly
will transfer later.

NAppy liners
Anyone using cloth diapers? whch brand of nappy liners are good and cheap?

I thot petpet was good and cheap but my mom and hb kept saying bb dun like cos it's very stuffy and uncomfortable for her and she getting so much heat rash so they wanna try cloth diaper instead. haiz...1 whole packet of petpet.

bx
i squeezed my breasts today while pumping. found that more milk spurts out and the pumping session can end faster. very shiok
happy.gif
managed to pump only twice today cos got external meetings but ok lah, 150 ml each time.

andrea
H is so sweet and pretty!

Re: pumping in toilet
last time i used to pump in executive/handicap toilet too. my office has nursing room but i'm too lazy to go to a different floor, so sometimes will pump in the toilet. so far so good for my girl. this time round, better be less lazy and use the nursing room.

Re: clips for milk bag
the other time we bought those ikea clips for milk bags. today went to ntuc and saw this type of clips (the small version). v cheap. 2 packs of 5, i.e. 10 clips cost only $0.65.

bx, bkkgal,
i also squeeze! maybe also i impatient, haha.

xiaoyun,
can CGW ship for any thing, like vpost? do they have website? in case next time i want to buy other things online
happy.gif

re car seat
any one got bbs who cry when the car stop? i have a few friends also same problem. dunno what to do and always so scared of red traffic lights.. but if go on expressway he'll fall asleep so not so bad
happy.gif

hi sunny,

the carseat promo is until when?how does a neck support looks liks?where to buy neck support?

hi bkkgal,

i got 1 brand new sealed box of lucky baby nappy liners,100 sheets,i let go at $6,u 1??

kelly,
To Account POSB Savings
107-47012-3 kelly
Amount S$1.50
Transaction Reference 1701479021

bkkgal
thanks

express bm
can i know if after i express, my breast still veri full n painful, what does it means?

Hi ladies
I have a BN little touch system blue that just arrive from spree (paid full but haven collect yet, collection at Tampines. Wan to let go at spree price $62, please pm me if you are interested.

garfield, bx, bkkgal, kelly, my gf recommended me the fancl baby shampoo, she said they'll grow more hair so I bought for my gal. Not seeing much effect yet but less hair loss, hair looks darker also. But my gf's 3 gals have full head of hair so you may want to consider. It's exp though, very small bottle for $15. Sg discontinue liao, but fancl counter can order in from Japan. Must use up in 2 months cos no preservative. :p

bkkgal, I was eyeing Dancing Daisy bb monitor too but $299 quite ex lor so I didn't buy yet. Is it really good? You think it's better than those Philip DECT monitors? My gal uses Pet Pet, ok leh, my MIL likes it. I like it cos it's cheapest. haha.
happy.gif

Andrea, Hilary looks so cute with the headband. The flower so big, reminds me of "huan zhu ge ge". Hee.
happy.gif

Isetan Private Sale 15 May 08
Safe & Sound Convertible Car Seat $299, UP$399 but I don't know if it's good. Anyone familiar with the brand?
happy.gif

goodbbb
where u stay? how to collect? my mom wants me to go and buy immediately kind..

kitsune
yeah, DD quite ex. that time i bought cos my parents "sponsor". haha. actually dunno how it compares with philips DECT, can check the specs e.g range, distance etc.

car seats- I am quite a relaxed mom about many things in general, but car seat is one thing I dont compromise on cause its a matter of life and death. Both my kids take the car seat from the day they are discharged from the hosp. It took my older DD many months to get used to it unfortunately, but no choice cause when I drive alone on weekdays, there's not much I can do lor. For bb, he is sometimes okay, sometimes not, again, not much I can do. Generally nice catchy music helped my older DD last time but does nothnig for bb. I find that bb stays calmer when the static is on, so I on the static for him.
happy.gif

bkkgal, is the sound from dancing daisy good? Any interference? Loud enough, I scared I can't hear her crying if the sound is not loud enough. :p

Tong tong, any pixs of the $99 car seat? Cheap leh, I'm keen.

bx
u c my girl's sides. she's losing hair on e sides of her head n bcos of e hot weather, she was having heat rashes on her scalp. we dun sleep wif aircon, u c.

kelly
stella got alot of hair! (compared to mine, that is) She looks happy without hair
happy.gif
hehe.

Kitsune
sometimes there's interference when there's movt. my hb sleeps next to the monitor (cos the power point is next to him). everytime got movt either from baby or say wind passing thru the rm, he will look. the interference is ok, not so loud but i find that if we put the receiver in the living room or dining where the frequency has to pass through two or three walls, then the image not so clear and alot more interference.

goodbbb
i stay in the tanamera. u gonna be around town this sunday?

bbkgal,
twice is good enuf. sometimes i express once at work only.

iso/bbkgal,
i squeeze not to quicken the process. becoz no milk come out so gotta squeeze. most of the time squeeze until breast and hands are sore. haha...

kitsune,
thks for the recommendation. i will check out at the fancl counters.

kelly,
ok lah, 100 times more hair than my ger. mine bald until can see shine in the scalp lor. but still we dun wanna shave. stella looks so cute botak now
happy.gif

kelly,
re: xiao ni gu
Stella looks cute after the shave..
sigh, i bu she de to shave off E's hair.. wait till when she's 4th mth & see how..
if her hair oso dropped alot, then may consider shaving..
sad.gif

kelly,
S is so cute even though botak!

happy,
me too...also very bu she de to shave. A had a lot of hair when born but now many bald patches. i so sim tia.

managed to play mahjong at home last night till 1am!! A slept through the noise and didn't even wake up once hee hee =P maybe she even likes and misses the sound since mummy played mj every week when she was in tummy.

artemis,

not sure if it's the omega 3 i bought from you. but notice that my ss may have gone up in spite of going back to work. nowadays i can pump up to 20-30ml more than what i used to! can't be the goat's rue since i've been taking that all this while and ss remained unchanged. also notice a thicker layer of fat on top of my BM. maybe that's the increase in hindmilk that Kelly was referring to.

thanks for helping me get it!!

Hi all,

I'm also a Feb mum, my boy was born on 20 Feb at TMC. Can I join in too?
happy.gif

Can check which mummies out there using Avent bottles? Do u all intend to switch to other brands or use glass bottles? cos of reports of milk bottles containing Bisphenol A (BPA) which is harmful to babies.

Quite concern cos I'm using Avent bottles and I think it's quite good except that it contains BPA...

garfield,
wow, envy u leh.. still can play mj..
sigh, after having both my kids, i only played mj less than 5 times..
talking abt mj, my hands itchy liao.. hey, we arrange for a mj session leh.. keke..
biggrin.gif

kelly
bb S is so adorable even though shes botak!! i am gg to shave away my bb hair tomorrow too =P

bkkgal
dont worry, i am not taking it to heart at all!! in fact i like it when you said the name is strong =PP

garfield
bb A is so adorable!!! i like her expression in this pic =D she got so much hair...
is that a bouncer or a rocker that you bought for her?

Didn't read posts much after I started work 3 weeks ago.

Try to sleep around 9pm to be energetic at work; sometimes my baby is cranky at night.

Pumping at office twice a day, 11am and 4pm. Can't tbf now because sometimes I skipped pumping when too busy. Baby doesn't like freezed milk. Chilled milk is ok. So if previous day's pumping output is not enough for baby at daytime, supplement FM.

But when I am at home(evenings/nights/early mornings at weekdays and weekends) I total latch-on.

Can anybody suggest where to get baby haircut? Plan to have baby haircut at 4 month. Thanks.

bkkgal

thanks
happy.gif
her reflux on/off, sometimes when it triggers she becomes super clingy so i give in and let her koala bear me more. been trying the pu/pd + sh/pat method of getting her to nap - some success but each time still need to pat for 15min while she cries and cries. i think my bb is the type who needs to 'vent' before she sleeps hehe. let us know how your dip went! i cant wait for the next time to bring her dipping again.

Kelly,
Stella looks cool!!!

Garfield,
yr A veri cheeky hor?

re:eek:mega
garfield, i have being taking for a week. i too have seen increase in my ss. wonder whether is due to the omega. but my intention is to increase whatever i lack as i eat rubbish all the time.

re:MJ
i wan!!

Hi Garfield, dor

Hind milk have more fats and that makes the bb more full when they drink it. Omega is bascilly fish oils so I believe it would contribute to it. As too increasing ss , i can't comment as i've been taking it all these while (can't compare before and after)...

Back