(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

dor,
ok. i think A drink already. not sure if she got make noise. my mil didn't feedback anything. should be ok bah. i haven't touch my freezer stock yet. now drinking my daily ss. this weekend then i let her try the april batch. very scared A reject... cross fingers.

re sterilizing at work,
i plan to rinse pump with tap water, then soak in boiling water (will change boiling water twice). don't intend to use any chemicals.

actually, quite keen to just buy another set of breast shells/connector/valves. save trouble haha

dor,
re lucky vitamin spree - realized that the stuff i want to order is cheaper via vitaglo so may do a vitaglo spree instead. are you able to find the vitamins for your princess on vitaglo?

mummies, BAD NEWS!

i was juz informed by my GF tat batch 2 of LV's goat's rue kenna GST.

apparently i ordered 13bottles in tat batch n there was a calculation of "ordered amt x 1.245 x usd exchange rate" so tat batch kenna gst.

e gst charge is SGD32. 2 b fair 2 every1, we split tis gst amt amongst all e mummies involved?

i cant find e updated list of mummies who join e goat's rue spree.

Batches 1, 2, 3
1) annabelle
2) garfield
3) bx
4) happymum2b
5) bkkgal
6) dor11
7) vine_gal
8) star70
9) jaslyn
10) blurspark
11) goodbaby
12) kelly someone took over my order. i cant recall who
13) eliaw
14) jeannie
15) kitsune
16) sweetpea
17) tongtong (did tongtong sell 2 someone else too?)
18) eileengoh
19) Thankful
20) yanyen

every1, pls transfer $1.60 to my posb savings a/c 107470123.

once i get a copy of e GST invoice charged by customs, i'll post it here or forward 2 every1.

my GF n i very shocked cos we tot as long as order amt dun hit SGD400, it's alright. we didnt know abt e extra 1.245 muliplier.

mayb amy can advise?

andrea
hillary is a strong name. she's cute, can't tell that her hair is falling wat. ask u ah, will those hair band thingies rub their hair and make more fall out? i'm always tempted to buy but scared that i make her hairloss more prominent. was eyeing those clippies on that BP you posted last nite. The maker said can even hold 1 strand of hair.

Dor
Enjoy yourself! nice nice! are you gonna pump overseas? must tell us how it goes....

Thankful
Dun give up ok? Like Jaslyn pointed out, the GM didn't expressly say you can't use the lib wat...so go ahead and use until someone makes it illegal lor. Actually, i think women bosses are worse, men can be more compassionate and understanding cos they imagine their own wives to be in the same situation and can empathise with us. whereas single women do not understand at all and married women with kids sometimes think if they can do it under such and such difficulties, why not you.

Re: moms who pump at work
Wat i did was to wash the parts with pigeon detergent and rinse off. Then soak in lock&lock box with boiling water. I didn't use the sterilizing tab in the end cos the chlorine smell so strong, I can't tahan. :p Anyway, for Ameda pumps, the instruction manual said no need to sterilise after every use as it will cause degradation of the parts. So that's wat I did.

Thinking whether shud buy another pump or not. Very leychey bringing the pump back and forth everyday.

To all moms expressing at work, JIA YOU! DUN GIVE UP. Let's give our best to our little ones!
happy.gif

bkkgal
hillary is a strong name? it means cheerful =D
cant tell that her hair is falling becoz the oversized headband managed to cover up! and no it doesnt make her hairloss more prominent, in fact help to conceal! as for those clippies from BP, i think though it can hold 1 strand of hair but it seems to draw attention to the head since its quite small? actually can buy and wait for their hair to grow longer then clip for them! super cute i feel!

bx,
yup. my softfit flange already turn yellow. but can still use.

to mummies pumping at work,
jia you!!!

garfield,
if you are ordering from vitaglo, probably can include the california baby stuff in vitaglo spree #2?
i will find out the order list for you.

jaslyn,
hey u mentioned about medela wipes, i dun see that on their webby... where do you get them and what're they used for?
happy.gif

super long thread since i last popped by *pant*pant*

Vitaglo spree #2

CB Diaper Area Wash 6.5 OZ, $6.62
(1) jeannie
(2) qingling(starry)

CB bubble bath light and happy 13 oz, $7.99

BUG REPEL SPRAY CITRONELLA, $7.92
(1) leila

BUG REPEL LOTN CITRONELLA 6.5 OZ, $6.69
(1) jeannie
(2) leila

SUNSCREEN SPF30 FRAG FREE, $11.82

SUNSCREEN SPF30+CITRONELA, $11.82

MOISTURIZING CREME 4 OZ, $8.83

SOOTHING & HEALING SPRAY 6.5 OZ, $6.69

SHMPOO/BDY WSH SWIM DEFNS 8.5 OZ, $6.62

SHAMPOO/BODY WASH 17.5 OZ, $11.82

CALIFORNIA BABY SHAMPOO/BODY WASH 8.5 OZ, $6.69
1) Vine_gal

==================================
Calendula Cream -- OOS, $7.48
(1) dor11
(2) goodbaby
(3) tongtong
(4) bkkgal
(4) thankful

re: transportation of frozen EBM
have a big prob!
freezer is fully stocked with ebm so thinking of moving some to my MIL's place... 'cos she'll be taking care of my boy after i go back to work.
how best to transport it? her place is at least 30mins away...
sad.gif

xiaoyun
yes!! i feel v happy when shes dressed up =D
but i aways tell my hubby dressed up also no use, coz he will carry her using the baby carrier when we go out, no one can see!! but still, am happy =PP send me more photos of your bb k!

kelly,
i will transfer later

garfield,
i c.. i go n find first.

bkkgal
re:pumping overseas
ya, i wan to do so in chengmai but worried how to transport back to sing. intend to leave milk in bag n leave in cargo.hope everything will turn out fine.

hi <font color="ff0000">dor11</font>
u hv the Cedarmont Bible DVD to let go? Pls chk your email, I've PM'd u just now. tks

Dear Kelly

have transfer to u le.

To Account POSB Savings
107-47012-3 Kelly
Amount S$1.60
Transaction Reference 1701008437

dorothy,
i have colligs who takes long haul flights..
what she does is she'll pump and throw for the 1st few days that she's away, den only keep the milk expressed on the day before she leaves - for the reason that she can't bring the milk frozen back to sg, so only keep the last day's milk
happy.gif

she requested for SIA to have her milk stored in fridge.. can't remember the details but i think it's onboard in the kitchen's fridge
happy.gif

Kelly: yea kelly, i sold the bottle to jaslyn. So i will pay you $1.60 later. thanks!

sunny: where is kidzloft?

thankful: samola virus can spread via air one meh? actually i experss in toilet too leh, but i do it in the handicapped toilet, which is quite big. so i stand far far away from the toilet bowl. hopefully it's alright.
Thankful: dont be so stress ok! it will affect our BM. my mum always asked me not to get angry with hubby cuz we are bfding. just continue pumping in library la! dont worry.

bx: yea i always squeeze my breast when pumping leh. find it faster to finish the pump session that way cuz once squeeze a lto of milk spurt out.

pumping overseas: that time when i was back to msia, i had a lot of frozen bm. so i bot a big coleman coolbox and put in lots of ice bag and transport the milk bag. in between i stopped at johor and transferred to the freezer at my grandpa's house for about an hour and continued tje journey back to SG. total trip about 5 hours.

xiaoyun,
i not very creative with dressing baby up leh...lack imagination!!

re vitaglo spree - did you use comgateway or vpost ah? ok if i'm doing will include the california bb stuff. re cutoff - use USD200?

dor,
your trip not very long right? my suggestion - pump and store in hotel's fridge (go ask the hotel manager, dun use fridge in your room) then buy a big coleman box like what tong used to bring back from hotel to SG. the total time from hotel to airport to SG should be less than 6 hours so i think should be ok.

dun bother freezing cos sure will defrost along the way and you risk spoiling your milk. refrigerated milk can last 3 to 5 days so should be ok.

tong,
i tot i'm the only one who squeeze. my hubby always tell me not to, coz he say i squeeze until my breast out of shape liao.

hi all,

Me also going for a trip soon. thinking of bringing my back frozen EBM. will be using milk bags to store them...hope that i can pump more since is holidaying... regarding the coleman box. any idea if we buy from BKK.

one more question for bkk gal,

do u think their water condition there is suitable to wash my pump...or shall i go buy distilled water from 7-eleven boiled and wash them...i am super concern of the water condition...
Any suggestion from the rest...

Back at work today and busy both cleaing emails and trying to catch up with all your posts yesterday!

i managed to go back during lunch to visit bb and let her latch for awhile before she 'fell asleep' and gave me the 'smug &amp; satisfied' look. She only fed on one breast! sigh.

Re: Press Breast while expressing
LC said that is called breast compression. It's one of the methods to increase milk flow rate. Think like if u squeeze a plastic bottle, the contents come out faster due to the pressure instead of letting it drip n drip. I also do that when i express.

re: goat's rue
kelly,
i took over goodbaby's goat's rue.
To Account POSB Savings
107-47012-3 kelly
Amount S$1.60
Transaction Reference 1701084239

re: dress up bb
andrea/garfield,
hehe... now i started to enjoy the fun of dolling up bb. initially didn't want to buy much clothes, but seems like i've already slowly piled up new clothes, clips for her.
hannaandersson, princessbowbow, old navy, pumpkinpatch, kohls.... OH NO!!!

re: car seat
tongtong,
when you brought your bb back malaysia, do you use car seat?
going to bring her back end of this month. don't know whether i should use a car seat?

sunny,
the car seat at kidzloft is for how many years old baby? if that's $99, I may want to get one too. but i don't own a car, just to use it when i bring bb back to malaysia. so, hopefully it can be used till baby a few years old.

re: vitaglo
garfield,
i use CGW. it seems vitaglo also provides international shipping.
not sure which one is more worth it.
for the cap, i use this calculation:
SGD 400/1.245 = SGD 320 (the estimation of the shipping is 24.5%, GST calculation include shipping)
SGD 320/1.4 = USD 228 (i use exchange rate of 1.40 for estimation)

with the dropping of USD, i use USD 228 as cap

bx, i dunno leh, i find that i will have moer milk if i squeeze and faster to get the output. erm, with regards to out of shape, think will be out of shape eventually too after we stop bf, hehe

xiaoyun, i went back to msia when bb was 2 mth old. din get a car seat that time leh. was carrying him all the way. my mum and me took turns. find it ok leh, just need to rest my arms on pillow.
but of course it's better if you use a car seat.

tongtong,
ya.. would like to buy the car seat too. do they have delivery?

Kidzloft
154 Tagore Lane
Singapore 787567

Tel: 6333-6002
Fax : 6556-0980
Opening Hours: Monday to Saturday, 11am to 5pm
(we're closed on public holidays, including Sunday

xiaoyun,
very addictive hor...i also struggling to control purchases. babies outgrow the clothes so fast that i don't want to buy too much, yet they are only young once and i want her to look pretty. dilemma!! =P

re vitaglo,
thanks for sharing. do you know how much CGW charges are calculated?

p1n1ke,
i wont wan to throw away. veri sayang
sad.gif

also dun wish to stop my career as a cow cos of this trip
sad.gif

garfield, thanks.
now got to try call silkair to see whether anyway for me to arrange for my milk to be stored on the flight's fridge
happy.gif

my worst fear is that all the ebm will be thrown away by AVA!

bkkgal
re:coleman
ya hor. chengmai got sell? cheap?

garfield,
CGW charges:
<table border=1><tr><td>Weight</TD><TD>Express Delivery</TD><TD>Standard Delivery </TD></TR><TR><TD>1kg  - </TD><TD>US$39.99</TD><TD>US$14.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>1.5kg  - </TD><TD>US$44.49</TD><TD>US$16.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2kg  - </TD><TD>US$48.99</TD><TD>US$18.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>2.5kg  - </TD><TD>US$53.49</TD><TD>US$20.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3kg  - </TD><TD>US$57.99</TD><TD>US$22.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3.5kg  - </TD><TD>US$62.49</TD><TD>US$24.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Subsequent Half kg</TD><TD>US$4.50</TD><TD>US$2.00 </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi,

how much r the ntuc bb wipes?they come in 1 tub also?

hi kelly,xiaoyun had taken over my order

hi sunny,the carseat is from 9 kg onwards?got booster seat also??

hi <font color="ff0000">dor11</font>
u hv the Cedarmont Bible DVD to let go? Pls chk your email, I've PM'd u just now. tks

Goodbaby

I think the NTUC bb wipes abt 7 plus for the tube. Shd be if my memories din fail me as i bought 1 tub also and additional 5% off for all NTUC prdts.

tongtong,
"Samola" virus comes from "Da Pian" which is in the toilet bowl. Cos flushing will not flush away the virus. Moreover so many people use the toilet.... So when you touch the toilet bowl or sit on it also have. The risk is higher when you are in toilet. That's why we must wash clean our hands and fingers after toilet. That's why not safe. Don't forget toilet also have vapour in the air. So bacteria might be present. I scared BM will be contaminated.

kelly: just saw your post. can i have your acc no again??? pls email me @ [email protected]

p1nk1e: not sure abt their www. i bought the medela double mini set and it comes w it and some other items oso. it is called 'quick clean breastpumps and accessories wipe' - for cleaning pumps and accessories. it says on the packaging tat it allows cleaning w/o access to soap and water. dunno leh... read somewhere tat its sterilised wipes le. i'm not sure oso. i found it on overseas spree also.

xiaoyun, dunno about delivery leh...

thankful: oh..... aiyo now make me "xin huang huang" when i expresssing in toilet!! but jialat leh, no where can i go for expressing
sad.gif

dor,
yeah...agree veri sayang...
my collig went for a week so she boh bian
happy.gif

plus she scared water conditions in europe so she'd rather be safe than sorry
happy.gif

xiao yun,
re: car seat
i'm using an infant car seat for my boy...
remember to get a neck snuggler too, as infant neck still not strong enough
happy.gif

also, try to get your girl to sit in it before the trip, in case she rejects den jialatz liao..

tong
kidzloft is at 154 tagore lane.
happy.gif

xiao yun
the car seat is from new born till about 18kg, think about 3 - 4 yr old bah. for that car seat under promotion, it's better you buy a head support for bb at this age. when bb grows slightly older, neck stronger, then no need head support. liao.
happy.gif

better let your gal sit in the car seat whenever you drive, else, she might refuse to sit and prefer to be carried.

hi mommies.. been such a long time since i posted. been adjusting to life as a SAHM - i dunno how some of u mommies do it, i am quite lousy at housework and cooking plus now got baby 24x7 so finding it tougher.

re: those mommies going back to work
my heart goes out to all of you who have problems expressing in office.. my old office used to have a very big nursing room but i never understood how important it is. now that i'm a mom i 100% appreciate companies who are pro-BF. hang in there!

brought my little gal out for a swim today. actually it's more a 'dip' than a swim lah. i just carried her and slowly dip her legs and butt in water, and slowly dance around and bounce her up &amp; down. first time she touch the water, it's cold compared to her bath water, she cry so loud, the people around the pool turn to look and smile at her. then when she got a bit more used to it, she gave a little smile. so i think it's considered a success lah. after that she came back and knock out for 2 hours - that's a world record for her naptime!

Back