(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

cheryl.. ur baby going for jab??

RE: fevr after jab?
Sigh me ger got fever now after her jab yester... btw anyone noes what is considered fever? i measuer my ger's armpit, she us abt 38 degree celsius.. e nurse say must add 0.5 wah.. like that she 38.5 sure considered as fever hor? whst do u all do other than give panadol. She is so sian roday dyn wanr talk much

june.. i dun mind getting from u what colour is that? Purple? can we duscuss e px again? pm me the best px k

Special Gaya GSS Sale
Hi, it's Great Singapore Sale and we are having 50% off retail price for Gaya bags. Guaranteed best price you can get in Singapore. I have ready stock for the following designs at my Tampines Home. Will have to post the pixs one by one. Self collection only, that's why so cheap ya?
happy.gif
Please PM/sms me if you are keen.

1451117.jpg

Red sophie Bag, $69, UP: $138, Stock: 1 pc only. Note: comes with detachable metal flower logo keychain instead of leather strap as seen in photo

My friend has more bags and more designs at her SengKang home, see http://gaya.ca/home/collections.html for more designs. You can also view the bags at Isetan Scotts but prices will be higher.}

kitsune,
very nice hor....hee hee...i'm interested in one of the clutches BGL2-97. do you know how much and if your friend has ready stock?

Artemis

You're going back to work on Mon? Even if the agent send you the maid tomorrow, or say today at the earliest, do you think you have enuff time to familiarise her, dun say train, to baby's likes/dislikes, routine, and simple things like how to prepare her milk, how to warm milk, how to sterilise. I dun think you'll be able to go to work with a peace of mind knowing how maid will cope with baby. Will your maid be alone with bb or one of your parents will be with her? If no one is with her, i think you have to think of contingency plan. Either find a temp babysitter or ask your caregivers to chip in and help.

IMO, your agent is taking you for a ride. It adds to their cost to have a maid fly in, take the test 3 times and then fly them out???? Impossible! Agencies surely have a way to make the maids pass the test, some of 10 yr series. Who's going to foot the cost of airfare for nothing? They also have to feed and house her. It's good you called MOM. Get written evidence from MOM wrt to your case and record everything your agent tells you, better still if got written record and go to case/small claims.

jeannie,
my pd say beyond 37.5 have to monitor hourly, then above 38 is considered fever. should give paracetamol syrup...can't remember the dosage. i got it from my pd when my son got his pneumococcal injection...luckily he nvr got fever..

artemis,
agree with bkkgal, my agent also make sure that my maid pass the test before they bring her over. she actually went to batam (i got indon maid) and test her over there coz usually agents know the type of questions asked during the test...

hi kitsune,

Where are Gaya bags sold besides Isetan Scotts? Im interested in getting the bags from you and your friend, will like to pop over to the mall to have a look first
happy.gif

happymum2b
have done the trf:

To Account POSB Savings
126-16066-6 Happymum2b
Amount S$2.51
Transaction Reference 1729398946

tks.

isobellies
yup, that's the shop: The Pattissier. the passionfruit meringue is their signature cake. ok, will keep that in mind. tks for the feedback.

qingling
wow, the cake sure cost a bomb. yum yum
happy.gif

tute
thanks for the feedback on choz cake. the orange mandarin cake sounds nice too. very refreshing.

Re: cough
yday brought shawn to see pd cos he's been having phelgm for a week. after hearing bbs being admitted due to bronchilities, me very scared so decided to play safe and bring shawn to see pd. lucky he's declared ok. pd said he has sensitive skin (inherited from daddy) so more prone to cough and flu. at least now i'm not so worried liao. he was 7.245kg and 65 cm as of yday.

Re: Cough
Ytd my mum and dad bring Julian to see the pd for his cough. The doc said that he got sensitive nose and skin. Given some nasal drop but can use only 5 times and given some cream for his sensitive skin. At least now not that worried as Julian seen pd already.

jeannie: yup 38.5 is fever.. besides paracetomol, i sponge my boy. he had his jab (5-in-1 and pneumococcal) last fri and developed a fever @ nite. abt 38.4 (temp taken fr his ear). he is rather cranky tat night keep crying but after medication and sponging him a few times, he is a happy baby again.

artemis: i'm sorry to hear your story. can complain to case abt the agent? he is terrible spinning 1 story after another. I went to this agent call 'Labour Express' got a transfer maid coz we need one fast, got her within 5 days after we comfirm. you wanna consider? if not time is tight on your side.. u have to spend time to coach the maid.. u cant believe tat they can do the most ridculous things. sigh... is there anyone else overseeing the maid when you go back to work?

aquaDucks Free Trial Class
How many? 4-6 babies per class (1-parent-1-child)
Where? Heated pool at Suntec (so baby only need a swimming diaper)
When? Somewhere in Aug(weekend)
How long? Each session is 30 mins max
Time: TBA
Age? 6 months onwards
http://www.aquaducks.com.sg/programmes.html

1) Cheryl
2) Dorothy
3) Dorothy's fren
4) Qingling
5) Jeannie
6) kitsune_sg
7) Snowbelle
8) Tongtong
9) Blueginger
10) leila
11) Vine-Gal
12) Babyhope
13) Stephie
14) Tubao
15) Winnie
16) yanyen

name ctc and bb detail pls...

artemis,
Very sorry to hear about your agent. I went through the same thing. Ill advised by the agent over the timeline required for the maid to be in Singapore. As a result, I had to spend additional money to renew my old maid's work permit as I needed help.

Jaslyn is right. Most of them claimed to have been trained in their home countries / by agents here. When they are here, can vomit blood. When mine arrived, I realised her so call training is mainly to drill for the English test. All the household chores are theory knowledge.

I spent another 1 week to demonstrate to her how to hold the broom, hold the cups and iron clothes. Then another 3 weeks to watch her as she does her work so that I can correct her there and then. Really had to speak to them slowly so that she can understand.

When employing maid, luck plays a big part.

hello, mummies. Thanks for your interest on the bags. I'm busy at work now. Get back to you later on the availability and prices ya?
happy.gif

Piggletail, Gaya is also available at Anthropology, Raffles City B1, Epitome (Serangoon Gardens), Gearzone, Level 1 (Bugis Junction).
happy.gif

toy rental- Yaay I got my bumbo!
happy.gif
Also rented a toy for my older DD to play with. Their 'shop' is a huge warehouse stocked with all sorts of imaginable toy, really heaps of variety. There are alot of bb toys too, more than older-kiddo toys I feel. And price-wise very reasonable, also dun need to pay deposit- U just pay the rental fee. One bonus is that the toys all look very clean. And there is a huge space for kids to play with the toys and ride-ons, v fun! Maybe one day when our bbs can crawl/cruise, we can have a playgroup there. I think I'll be renting some toys for bb when he is bigger, wont be buying much cause the last time I bought for my DD, she didnt play with them much, and before I knew it, she's already outgrown them.
Here's the website: http://www.toyrentalclub.com/

berry
sounds fun! where's the warehouse? i'm oso looking to rent an exersaucer for my bb
happy.gif
figured no use buying them cos they'll outgrow so fast!

lue egg bag: i have started using, dont like it as compared to lansinoh. but can still use la, cuz cheaper ma. it claimed that can store up to i think 250ml but after pouring about 180 (i think)already full, so not very accurate.

vinegal, yea my boy also use illadin nose drop. can use 5 days only.

stephie: your boy seem big! how's yoru boy look like now? hehe

tongtong,
u mean only can store up to 180ml not 250ml..but did u try to store up to 250ml b4 ? do u try avent milk bag or not?

hihi, checked with my friend, update on the bags.
happy.gif

Vinegal,
bgl2-93, UP: $148, now 50% off! (Pink, green and ash black in calf leather but only 1 piece each colour! Confirm now before it's snapped up.

bgl2-96, UP: $398, now 50% off! (Pink, green and ash black in calf leather, matches with bgl2-93 but only 1 piece each colour! Confirm now before it's snapped up.

Gar,
bgl2-97 in calf leather will only come in July (red, white and black) But, we have it in python print, synthetic leather for $138, with 50% off.

bkkgal, its located at pasir panjang area, is it far from you? I saw several excersaucers there today, and most of them in very new condition, no stains/fading at all. I am guessing maybe because the company is still pretty new.

berry
same here. i will rent the toys instead of buying them next time. kids lost interest in the toys very fast one.

cheryl/yipy
can still take rotavirus if bb is below 6 mths old. just make sure there's a 4 weeks gap for the second dose which must be taken before the 6th mth. my boy took his 1st dose of rotarix when he was 3.5mths.

tongtong
i think he's slightly above ave. here's a recent pic of him with jie jie

1452065.jpg

yipy, yea the blue egg bag says can store up to that amt but cannot leh. i think the bag looks pretty small.

din try avent bag before.

stephie: your gal looks like u!! ha, your boy so cute, with so much hair!

dor/cheryl: how mkuch your boy is drinking now and what is the interval? have they sleep thru without feeding at midnight?

tongtong

still 150ml. but nowaday he cant finish his milk at times... we have drag his interval from 3 hourly to 3.5hourly or 4hourly.....

at nite still wakes up once....

tongtong
nowadays most pple says my girl looks like me. hope my boy's hair won't drop, else will become v ugly.

dor
so qiao3. my cousin in law said wanna lend me that toy cos her boy has outgrown it liao.

Back