(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

hi berry and amy,
thanks for your thoughts
happy.gif
hmm..where can i get the sterile cotton gauze u ladies mentioned? how does it look like? very paiseh, i have no idea about this at all...

isobellies,
i think our babies still dun know how to do it...or like Berry suggested, think my baby don't like 'tummy time'. mine looks really irritated, haha! but evil mummy here thinks it's funny sometimes...until he starts to wail....!

bkkgal,
In this case, it seems better to get another ameda coz can share the accessories mah... I think get PIS unless you wanna try out diff pump lor.

Why your hb dun want to shave bb's hair? I'm now counting...waiting for her to reach 4mths to shave her head... hopefully, her cradle cap can remove... I tried applying bb oil for half an hour and brush it... also no use...

strangers touching bb,
I also don't like ppl touching my bb leh... if they touch her face, I'll clean her face after that... dunno how to stop them...
sad.gif

bb fussing before sleep,
usually when my bb getting sleepy, she will fuss a bit... once I carry and rock her a bit will do... but I really love carrying her when she's sleeping... so now every night, she needs someone to carry liao. I kenna scolded by my hb coz i carried for too long even after she fell asleep... so last night let her cried... cried until very ke lian... in the end my hb carried for a while, slept liao then put her in her playpen... dunno still can change her habit or not...

Baby Whisperer books,
I'm gg to get the 2 Baby Whisperer books... where is selling at cheaper price? kino or borders?

Artemis,
ON sales... I'm interested leh... but does it means another 40% discount off those items that are already on promotion as well?

tongtong,
Your boy so cute! Must post his photo in that situp position huh...

clothes,
Me too... I still wearing my maternity clothes... can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes at all... now I've to borrow my mom's jean to wear... she used to be bigger size than me... now I'm heavier than her
sad.gif

berry,
My discipline only lasted 1 day... ytd only... hopefully tomorrow can wake up on time... I'm starting to control my diet too... have only salads and soup or just soup for dinner... really hope I can stick to my plan... I want to wear nice nice for my sis' wedding... now when I browse through those photos when I was very, very slim (that time slimed down for my wedding), feel heartache, guilty and frustrated leh... so hope these feelings can get me started...

Bx, i dun think ashlynn looks undernourished.

ONN... we all bring our bumbo seat n take a group photo.

tong, hee... ok ok.. will share my experience abt express in chiangmai.

stephie, hmm ok lah... sometimes veri tiring to carry him. these days he prefer to "walk"(wan us to hold him n let him walk)
think he will lose weight when he starts crawling.

snow,
you started working yet? dun worry, i think once you start will lose weight very fast.

before i was on full time, cannot even button my bottoms (as in from button to the hole is a gap of 3 inches. after starting full time last week, i actually can button my bottoms now (but still tight)....amazing!!! dunno if i can lose the remaining 1 inch or not.

hi ladies, long time no "see".

in case u are wondering... it's "june" here.

my previous acct got deactivated after i tried to change my email add.

just to say hi and inform of my new nick!

busy looking after bb everyday... he hasn't learnt how to flip yet and also dunno how to hold things... wonder is it too slow?

and he loves to suck his fingers whenever there is nothing else to do.

garfield,
I started working early May. I think it's really difficult for me to wear my old pants or skirts lor, coz my waist and hip really expanded a lot... thk mine will be more than 3inches lah

You started working 1 week only and already lost so much lah, then you should go back to your pre-pregnancy weight soon. Maybe I nothing to do at work bah... can't lose much for me.

Hi Artemis,

Thanks! yes i will like to get two tubes of desitin creamy from you if you have excess to spare. can u let me know the amount to pay you?

hi ladies,

i find that son's feet are wet sometimes.(when he din wear socks) and see his feet perspire liek that.

just wonder whether it's normal?

tongtong
my bb got sweaty feet too! hehe. i think it's normal lah. i apply powder for her but that's cos i wanna smell her feet sometimes :p

snowbelle
my hb say dun shave cos wat if hair doesn't grow back.

books - how abt you try acmamall? they have a discount for online purchases.

berry
sometimes can't catch pp in time leh. like last weekend, we were sharing seats with a lady at the toastbox and i was carrying my bb burp position, before i knew what was happening, she already touched the cheek and talking to my bb!

bbkgal, does your bb got sweaty feet all the time? my son's one quite wet sometimes leh.

many bb here are still botak? are you going to shave them when 4th mth? i still considering whether to shave my boy lei

shaun sticking out his tougue!
1447681.jpg

cheryl,
re: ur blog
Good start ! Slowly decorate ur blog when u hv the time and update ur blog regularly..

re: shaving botak
dun think i will shave erlene botak.. can't bear to see her botak..

bkkgal,
the hair will grow after the shave..
happy.gif

for my son, he was shaved botak at the 4th month..
Now he has such thick hair and his hair grow long v fast.. had to bring him for haircut every 1.5 mth..

andrea,
re: ON
sori, u r alittle too late.. i just check out..
kao_sad.gif

Someone gave me a blue bumbo and I have tried to put baby in. His head is still a little wobbly..so we just support his head and put him there 5 mins or so. Just so that he can get used to it. He hasn't struggled...think quite curious about it.

Kirsten: I used to be quite skinny too..my clothes were S and XS..now its M and L!! I breastfeed 90% but still have 6 more kg to lose. My arms, boobs and tummy are the main culprit. Tummy is the worst. The paunch is sagging in front of me..soo ugly. I am still waiintg for the day I can fit into my pants again. Wonder if it will ever happen.

June..good to hear from you again..

kelly, sorry will try to transfer to you as soon as i can... if not got to wait till thurs... cos night time is always mad rush.

4th month
can we shave then?
any other rituals to share?? like eat drumstick???

Breastmilk
any news about donating to the china?? cos those that i pump in march will expire coming june right??? 3 months is the max we keep right??? i am thinking giving away and get some money back for the milk bag... i am staying in sengkang... anyone wants? can PM me.... it is pump in march. free from dairy product... but i store in small packet ranging from tens of ml to about 100ml.... if you dont mind, can just pay me the milk bag cost...... around $0.33 per bag..... thanks...

Re: bumbo
i dun hv one and dun intend to get. so can't join in the picture taking liao :p

dor
gervaise looks very jian4 zhuang4. ya, think their growth rate will slow down once they starts crawling, etc...

Re: Hair dropping

My hair starts to drop tremendously..seeing the amount it drops really scary..really worried i will become bald soon..MIL said the more baby look at me, the more my hair will drop..OMG!!! Can someone help?
1447799.gif

happybee
i can understand how you feel. last time when i was dropping hair, also very worried. think there's nothing much we can do except to avoid touching/combing our hair. it's a phase that some of us have to go thru (heard not everyone who gave birth experienced hair loss). hang on and the phase will pass soon. btw, i dun believe in wat ur MIL said :p

my hair drops a lot too

today i try not pumping in office. last pump morning 6.30am. later tonight when i got back home will pump at 7.30pm. i see whether i can maintain my ss...

re: donating frozen EBM
winnie,
no news from singapore redcross society or breastfeeding mothers' support group.
sad.gif

re: putting bb to sleep
my hb is very good at putting bb to sleep. he will put her on matteress, hug him or holding her hand. Then she will fall asleep.
i don't have his technique - don't know why bb only likes him.
last night hb not around, bb was very tired but just cannot sleep. i just off all the lights, and holding her hands. Within 5 minutes, she fall asleep already.
probably you all can try to off the lights and see if bb likes it?

Re: pumping at work
i started work yday. so far pump 3 times a day (8 hourly interval). 1 in morning, 1 at work, 1 in the nite. managed to latch bb once in the late evening. hope can continue with this schedule.

kirsten and Iso.. i also the same!!!stubborn 5 kg!! Jia lat man.. anyway.. i already bought 2 more working pants.. cheap cheap from G2000 outlet. My stupid male colleague say i fat..angry man.. sama sama now boobs so big sian.. but still wanna bf till end dec then stop so must ren abt the big breasts.
I even worse cause in sch env.. and all my students are at Puberty perid.. raging hormones.. sure say abt my B and my figure.

Piglettail and haappybee.. think quite normal.. my fren reaching 4 months also drop quite a bit.. but if got bald patches then u must watch out.

Re: Baby weight
Brought baby for 5 in 1 jab today.. my baby only weigh 6.175 kg leh.. i thot she will be 7 liao. From last checkup at 6 weeks she was 5.75kg.. aiyoh.. gain only 0.5 kg.. for 9 weeks.

dor and cheryl.. both ur sons very solid leh. hehe

bs.. i think gers are like that like what stephie says cause in the health booklet my baby in the 50th percentile, even her length of 61 cm and her head circum of 39 cm all at 50th percentile.

garfield/dor/jeannie/stephie,
ok, i guess ashlynn's size is normal.

jeannie,
u took NPL liao? i intend to stop bf after june hols. really find it hard to pump in sch.

jeannie
wah your colleague so insensitive!! when i see my bb i don't really care about the weight. but when i try and put on my clothes, i want to cry, haha!

hair dropping
a lot of mine also suddenly dropping. lucky my hairdresser already warn me. i better ask him when it will stop!!

bkkgal,
Thanks. I just checked the acmamall, though the individual price is cheaper, after add in the delivery charge, it will be more ex, since my order will be less than $80 (above $80 free delivery)

Stephie,
Thanks. Will check it out this weekend.

andrea,
jia you !! must persevere when intro bottle to baby... my son cayleb was also like that few weeks ago, totally rejecting bottle but now getting better with a slight downturn during the weekend but today manage to feed him well during last 2 feeds
happy.gif
ganbatte ne ok !! and dun give up...

bx,
dun worry about bb's size
happy.gif
garfield's right...gals tend to be smaller than boys...

dor/tong/cheryl,
wah ur boys really heavy leh...but somehow doesn't really show in picture ? my son only 6.5kg when he turned 3mth. but my pd told me he's already above average eventho his milk intake is not that much, so i'm not worrying
happy.gif

june,
welcome back !! dun worry about bb milestones... each bb is unique and will reach milestones at diff times
happy.gif

sweetpea,
*high five* me also got blue bumbo seat

re:hair dropping,
yeah mine also dropping sigh...some more i got quite a bit of white hair but all those that drops are the black hair...
sad.gif

tongtong
my bb's feet are sweaty most times, except at nite when she sleeps in aircon room. do you find your bb's palms sweaty too?

Hi tongtong n bkk

My boi hands and feet also sweaty, I guess it is normal.

Bumbo Seat
Time for me to take my boi in his bumbo seat!

anyone does massage for their babies? can anyone share how can i best learn to do it correctly? my ger gets very cranky in evenings and thinking massage can help...

btw for those mommies who freeze surplus milk and using milk bags...i am actuallt using the milk tray from mumsfairy, to freeze the milk. then store in freezer bags (ziplock brand). it has been quite economical so far! those int might want to check out mumsfairy website for more info. and the milk is all freezed in one - ounce sticks.

June, Welcome Back!
bounce.gif
I was just wondering last week how come never hear from you anymore. Thought SAHM got more time to check forum. Yuan lai, your a/c got deactivated.

Amy, received my Gymboree rashguards. Very cute, can't wait to bring my gal swimming but hubby said not so soon. Guess so, since she's only 4mth plus, can't be too kancheong. :p

Artemis, we not very persistent cos only tried once then hubby carry and pat liao. Cos he's the one putting her to sleep most of the time anyway. :p

Hi h@ppymum2be,

Oops... I missed the boat... Problem getting my maid so was rushing around trying to find alternatives to look after Danica... Now then got time to read forum.

Hi snowbelle,

Sorry the sale over liao...
sad.gif
With regards to the 2 baby whisperer books, Amazon is selling the box set with both books at USD17.09 with free super saver shipping so you only have to pay Vpost charges or whatever courier service you would like to use. I think that is the cheapest? http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Baby-...TF8&s=books&qid=1211905997&sr=8-7

Hi piglettail,

Okay, I will let you know once they arrive.

Hi kitsune,

Have to be persistent wor... If not next time suffer.

RE : getting a maid

I am so frustrated about getting a maid! I paid the agent on 21 April to get a maid. Then he told me should be in within 2 weeks cause she got passport already. Then the cyclone hit Myanmar and he sought my understanding that she cannot immediately come. Okay, so I waited and waited and he never called! I called him to check the status and he told me should be in by 16 May. Then when I called to check on the 19 May, he claimed that flight delay and the maid will only arrive on 21 May. 21 May I called him and he told me flight delay again and maid will only arrive on 22 May. 22 May I called him, he told me maid arrived and he would be delivering her to me on the evening of 24 May. 23 May I called him to check if she passed her entry test, he reassured me that should be no problem. On 24 May I received a missed call from him. I called him back and he told me that the maid was sick and could not take the entry test! He told me that she will take on Monday and he will deliver her this evening. Then this evening he came and showed me that she took the entry test 3 times and failed all 3! Then he said he will arrange for her to go back and come again to take the entry test again. But I am quite apprehensive... If she again fail how? What do you gals think? I am really frustrated with this issue and feel like strangling the agent for always giving me these last minute crap excuses.

artemis
u paid agent already?

if not, can change? i recommend this agent i had, she's very good and responsible. in fact, sometimes i feel damn paiseh cos my hb will forget to pay the monthly to her and she just send gentle reminders to us. when we got our maid, she didn't collect a single cent from us until the maid was delivered to our doorstep. plus it was CNY then and we asked her not to deliver to us until 4th day, so she let the maid live in her house, train her to sterilise bb bottles and take care of house. i had very good experience with this agent. and so far, no probs with my maid - she's very good, can cook, can clean. love to take care of bb but i dun allow
proud.gif

The agency is called Froggies. IF you wanna, I can pass you her contact.

Anyone knows if mothercare if having a sale on sleep/daily wear? My bb is running out of sleepsuits n bodysuits liao, only a few pieces can fit now.

berry
i think the sales in storewide, should be applicable to sleep/daily wear.

mummies
today is my 1st day of work.... hope everything goes well... sian sian sian...

re pumping at work...

I now pump twice at work, at 10am and 4pm, then when ig et back home, will also pump at 9.30pm and 4.45am.

winnie,
your 'mooing' time is the same as mine.
happy.gif

i latch on at 8pm, 9-10 pm. and pump/latch at 5:30 am.

mummies,
I am just trying my luck to see if anyone wants my chilled expressed breastmilk tomorrow?
I will have about 450ml of chilled ebm which pumped in office tomorrow to be given away. Collection is 7pm at Paya Lebar MRT station.
It's because I am going back to Malaysia on Friday and bb will not be able to consume them and i don't plan to freeze the milk as I only freshly expressed milk.
please let me know if anyone interested. You just need to prepare ice pack, cooler box, and I will store them in milk bag for you.
If no one interested, I will throw them away on Friday liao.

yeah, i still latch when i get home from infant care around 8pm, then in the middle of the night when she cries for milk. so latch twice a day...

then during weekend, the timing will go haywire cos she will prefer to latch then take bottle.... hubby says cos she knows there is a cow at home...

isobellies,
my tops are also getting shorter. Get rid of lots of tops already. So now no choice but to get longer tops.

Hair loss
It's normal for hair loss. Cos during pregnant, we seldom drop our hair. It's quite true if you think back. During 3 or 4th month, hair will drop. Not to the extend of you pull one whole chuck will drop. Hair will be growing out. That's why I layered my hair to avoid more hair loss.

re pumping at work...
i also express twice in ofc. 11am n 4pm. then i will latch him abt 7pm, then express again at 10pm, 330am n 630am.
hope to bf as long as possible.

bx, if possible, dun give up yr bf career so soon.

winnie,
re:4 month
some ppl will shave their bbs. since i have already shave mine at full month so wont do it this time round.
but my mum will be preparing things for him to pick- like chicken drumstick, toy, calculator, money.
some ppl also distribute cakes to relatives. i not doing also.. but will buy a small cake for celebration.
happy.gif

tute, haha.. Gervaise's fat is well hidden just like his mummy

re:drop hair
me too!!!!now using hair loss shampoo.

june!!! hi hi... must meet up with u since we stay so near. aiya, dun worry.. Jerome is fine!

artemis,
yes, same qn as bkkgal.. Hv u paid anything to this agent ? If yes & he is nt willing to refund u, then i suggest that u take transfer maid that are available..

if u hv not paid him, i think u should change to another agent..

i oso encountered similar situation when i first hired my maid.. i chose a new maid and was told to wait for 4 weeks.. after the 4-wk wait, the maid also failed the entry test & medical test.. in the end, i was asked to re-choose another maid (NEW but with available passport).. the maid came but only worked out for 1 month.. The day when i was discharged from hospital after my delivery, i went to select a replacement maid.. This time i chose a transfer maid as i need help urgently.. And i was lucky to hv a good maid this time.. she is a filipino and has lots of initiative..

choosing maid agency & maid is like a gamble and a matter of heng/suay..

Back