(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

garfield/kitsune,
what type of rash yr gals have?
i also have the round golden powder.. rather effective to reduce the redness.. CB calendular cream is quite good too..

any bbs with ezecma?

eliaw,
i dunno how to tell eczema from rashes...pd told me it's saliva rashes but now it's really bad. red patches with small little bumps on both her cheeks and forehead.

hi jeannie,
I post d stuff to u on sat morng so u shd recd it within this few days..
I did indicate my address at d back of d envelope in case of returned mail.
U monitor n let mi noe when u recd it okie..

hi garfield,
I hv packed ur princessbowbow items with d ON items n planned to post it out last sat with jeannie's but decided to hold back as i thought of passing it to u personally when i self-collect d legwarmers from u.
Hope its ok wif u. Do let mi noe if u wan mi 2 post d items to u 1st..

garfield,
when ashlynn was first disgnosed as eczema, her face was covered with pimples. very red and painful looking. hers was at the cheeks, forehead and scalp. saliva rash will spread to forehead?

could it be due to anything u eaten? seafood, peanuts are triggers

BX, we really got twins. Ashlynn and Katelynn's complexion both very fair and looks like they got same eyes
happy.gif

Yoohoo Snowbelle! *wave* I'm the one who sms-ed you last nite abt Medela PIS. Dun mind har, Garfield passed me your number. sorry forgot to leave my name.

cough
i oso notice katelynn coughing now and then. how do we know it's dry or got phlegm? that time i had a cough but i dun think i passed to her. mil said maybe she's just being a parrot, imitating me. but i'm worried after reading so many bbs here kena cough. and recently, our fren's 9 mth old kena HFMD, they told us the incubation period is 10 days which overlapped the time we met up with them. worrying man..

can i ask the mummies here you only let your baby sit on bumbo chair after their neck has become more stablise. I wanted to let my baby sit but apparently his neck is not that strong yet. I am letting him to do more tummy time but he dun like it at all. He will cry. (sob)

Have all mummies lose weight to their pre pregnancy weight. I am so sad. Used to be a small size lady but after pregnant weight has not drop yet.8 more kg to go. I am doing total breastfeed but i wonder why weight has not drop. During my pregnancy i only gain 15kg. Why is it so hard to lose all the fat. So depressed and no confidence in my look now. Sign...

bbkgal,
must really meet up one of these days and take a photo of our twins!!

kirsten,
my friends told me that our bodies widen after delivery. so take about 6 mths to regain back. be patient! as for the weight, maybe must control diet? not sure if mothers on breastfeeding should control diet? For me, i have abt 2 more kgs to lose. and it's like stuck to me stubbornly.

bx my breast has increased in size from b75 to c85. Is so heavy man. I am reaching 4 months soon so i am quite "gan cheong" in losing my weight. it seems that the weight dont drop now. i am so sad.

bbkgal,
heheee... I know the sms is from you lah... I got your contact in my phonebook mah, got sms you before. Last night went to bed early, only see your msg today.

bumbo seat,
See so many bbs in bumbo seat, very tempted to get a purple one too last weekend... but it's only for bbs up to 10 or 12kg... my bb already 7kg, can't use for long I guess... and I scare her thighs too big will kenna stuck. :p

Lose weight,
I just drafted out my diet and exercise plan last Sun... plan to lose 10kg in 3 months... hopefully it's not a dream... then this morning can't wake up at 5am to exercise... coz bb suddenly decided to have a feed at 3am+
sad.gif

snowbelle,
wow...waking up at 5am to exercise !! i'm impressed, i couldn't even wake up at 5.30 this morning to pump...too sleepy !!! my son decided to wake up every hour from 4 to 6am, very tiring...
sad.gif

kirsten,
my son's head is not stable yet...very wobbly when we put him on his bumbo seat..so finally we support his back but we don't dare to put him for so long...just for a while... now i put him on tummy more often so that his head is stronger...

jac,
taka sale is only for 3 days...at least the additional 10%. if i'm not wrong, bumbo is already on offer so normally wouldn't have any sale for it..

re:bumbo seat,
i bought a blue color one...hehe...so cannot join purple bumbo club...

re:cough,
my son has been coughing a bit...but not v often like 1-2 a day, we just brought him for his 5-in-1 jab + rotavirus and pd didn't comment anything so i guess it's ok...

re:rashes,
if your baby's rashes is due to heat, can try using the desitin creamy on the rashes...my pd asked me to do that and after 1 day i can see it reducing
happy.gif

bx,
uh-oh..never thot it could be an allerg =( i think i'd better bring to PD..did eat some prawns and sotong recently, no peanuts

thanks for letting me know

tute,
Plan only lah... my alarm always ring at 5am but in the end, wake up at 6am... but hope starting from this week, I can be more determine lor... wah... very siong leh... yr son wakes up every hour... like that you no rest liao

h@ppy, forgot to tell u i received the princessbow clips. Tks! i am sure Erlene will lift her head in time, all bb have different learning phase ;)

wow..all lilac bumbos..hee...i bought the lime green one

Gar, she also have rashes, i try to clean her face more often, especially when a lot of pp

my bumbo is 'turqoise'. hubby chose it n i didn't really like it..but now look at it actually quite nice.

1446356.jpg

I bought last weekend at John litle "LINkpoints' sale. Got 20% off plus another 5% with OCBC Robinsons...about 46 after all the discount.

I think now good time to buy...if u work in town and see when JL will have sale again.

morning ladies...

Bumbo Seat
im tempted too! but think my boy's thighs' will be too fat for it in no time.

Tongue cleaning
im using facial cotton dipped in cooled boiled water to wipe my boy's tongue, is this correct? Is there enought 'friction' to scrub away the milk built up? or should i use a hanky since it's more 'rough'? However im worried that the hanky may not be 100% clean (even if i use a freshly laundered piece) cos it's used for everything else (as a wash cloth for bb during bath and we use it to 'dig' bb's dirt from his bum, folds of skin, etc)

Baby's neck
Up til now my baby still can't lift his head when we put him lying on his tummy lei.. how come? seems like all the babies here can do so already... and he hates to be put in this position, will struggle and make lots unhappy noises. there's no harm in this (action) at all rite? cos it looks like im torturing him....

Artemis,
I think i saw your post on drugstore spree sometime back, are u still buying from there? im thinking of getting some desitin creamy too.

bx, tute
re. rejection of bottle
hey! baby Hillary has been rejecting the bottle recently too.. was so sad because i wanna start her on formula in another month or so and the only way is to drink from bottle. last week i tried to feed her from bottle again anf only succeed once! she prefers to latch on!

garfiled
try to clean bb A's face with cotton wool and water more often. it helps!

piglettail,
my baby neck started getting abit more 'firm' slightly before she was 3 months. my mum still makes a lot of noise when we put her in bumbo or let her support her head on her own.

i believe we shouldn't shield too much - but remain vigilent to 'catch them' if they sway. Cuz if keep 'shielding' them, they will never learn.

Don't worry too much. Every baby is different. My friend's baby is already semi-standing at 4+ mths...which i thought was damn fast.

TONGUE CLEANING
i think facial coton is ok. we used that before we used gauze. as long as it's clean. i think if u clean often enough (we clean everyday), u don't need something that's like SUPER FRICTION to SCRUB it all away.

Happy, oh ya I received the clips on Sat, very pretty. Thanks.
happy.gif

Piggletail, we use hanky with clean bathwater at the beginning of the bath, no boiled water leh. Used to think it's very dirty but my CL does it, so does my MIL. So far, ok leh, so I don't bother anymore. Hee. :p

bx, yeah next gathering we must go and meet up ok? i still undecided to shave katelynn's hair or not..hb against it.

snowbelle, got yr mesg. i'm still undecided whether to get another ameda (cos i already have one and all the accessories can share share) or upgrade to a PIS. Heard alot of pp say PIS very good to use. i got a medela cooler bag and carrier so i kinda reluctant to buy another set that comes with similar cooler bag and carrier.

strangers touching bb
do you find that pp like to touch your babies outside? when we go out nowadays, strangers tend to touch bb's cheeks and play with her. the best part is she will "talk" to them. i'm quite concerned that bacteria gets passed around. how can we tell pp in a polite way not to touch them?

piglettail
you mean lift head with arms? my bb can't really use his arms to push up and lift his head but he can move his head side to side. other positions he seems to hold his head better, like when i use a boppi pillow to let him lie on his stomach he can lift up his head. or if i put one hand on his stomach and one on his bum to kind of swing him (for fun) he seems to hold it quite well. my bb also doesn't seem to really like the full tummy down position.

kirsten
think a lot of us are in the same boat, i put on 13kg for pregnancy but since 3rd week after giving birth i still have 7kg to go!!! it's so stubborn! lucky i'm q skinny to begin with so some pple think i gone back to original weight already, but i think they are just cock-eye, haha... now past 3.5 months already and still limited clothes to wear. sian!

bbkgal

i also dun like ppl to touch my son... duno y.... even my sil i also dun feel good abt she kissing my son and all, carry by all mean, but pls dun kiss him lah... lol

kitsune, there's one way to put bb down to zz without fussing: use yaolan/rocker. if not, you have to let them fuss , cry and ss onl their own when they are tired.. or maybe you wanna give pacifier???
are there any bb who can zz on their own without fussing/crying and without pacifier???

eliaw: CB calendula cream and Buds brand lotion work for my son

weight: i dunno why i perspired and used up so much energy everytime after i pumped. so i was even skinner than before preggy. kirsten, so i think every one's body structure is different. dont worry la ok. u will slowly reduce in weight, but just takes time.

bumbo seat: my son cannot sit in this seat liao cuz thigh too fat. he is already 8kg. tried that at mothercare when he was <8kg but already cannot fit in.

my bb starts to hold his toes with his hands. so everytime he wanna do "sit up" position to reach his toes with both his hands. very cute! shall take pic and shaer with u all.

My michelin bb! hehe. any bb's look like my boy? Shaun looks like my friend's bb a lot!

1446735.jpg

isobelle
ya i feel so sian because there are so limited clothing to wear. The clothing i have before i pregnant are those tight fitting kind. Now i cant wear them anymore so i am rather sad. I dun think i can lose those stubborn fat... already close to 4mth after giving birth and those weight still refuse to go down... haiz

hi lezy and kitsune,
thanks!
happy.gif

yes i clean bb's tongue everyday, sometimes 2x. cos im bit paranoid about milk built up...n since we adults brush our teeth 2x daily i thought babies can 'clean tongue/mouth' 2x daily too. heee

isobellies,
yes i meant i wanted baby to lift his head to look up when on the full tummy down position. now his face will be stuck to the mattress but he will turn from side to side (so that can breath and make his angry noises, haha!). his neck is relatively firm already when we carry him in a sitting position.

piglettail, lezy is right. If you do often, no need to scrub real hard. But I dun use facial cotton as I am concerned abt any cotton fibre that may be left in her mouth so I use the sterile cotton gauze to deter the possibility.

dor, wah!!! ur boi is a whooper!!! 8.4kg! How u carry?
kao_dizzy.gif

my gal used to be very spotty indeed and we clean her face after every feed and put the calendula calming gel after every bath. That helps.

I'm still selling this skinny wristlet if anyone's interested.
kao_sticktongue.gif

1446800.jpg

just to share my experience..
my boy Ervin was a cranky &amp; fussy baby until lately when his routine (fixed meal time, fixed bedtime..) is sort of stabilized..
so when he was just few months old, he would fussed and got cranky most of the times when he was awake.. even trying to put him to bed was a difficult task..
he can never sleep on his own, we hv to resort to using yaolan as he was able to sleep longer in there.. even when sleeping in yaolan, we need to rock/swing him until he fall asleep..
he was 100% dependent on yaolan until he turned 17 month.. On one day, he suddenly cried while sleeping in yaolan and when i put him on the bed, he stopped crying and sleep immediately.. From then, he sleeps on the bed for both his naptimes and bedtimes..

For my gal Erlene, she is so much different from her kor kor.. she can sleep on the bed or yaolan.. and she dun fuss alot..

both my kids do not take pacifier.. we tried but they reject..

Hi kitsune,

PU/PD has to be age specific. Did you read Chapter 6 Pick Up / Put Down in The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems (specifically pages 228 - 237)? So far, the methods used in her book worked for me as long as I persisted in doing it over and over again. Hope my maid, who is arriving today, would be as persistent.

Hi piglettail,

No one answered me so in the end I bought 6 tubes on my own. :p If you want I can sell you 1 or 2 tubes after they arrive.

RE : Old Navy

Now that they are having a Memorial Day weekend sale, I was thinking of getting some stuff for Danica. Anyone wants to join me? Or I will be getting on my own again. :p

RE : bumbo

I quite tempted to buy but my husband said waste of money and he doesn't believe Danica can sit in there for long.

RE : sleeping without fussing

IF I manage to catch Danica's sleep cues (yawning, fussing, eyes rubbing, turning of face away from toys or me) in time, play her lullaby CD, roll down the blinds in her room and swaddle her in time, she can happily stare at her cot mobile for about 10 minutes and fall asleep. Sometimes, she will fuss for her pacifier but once I give it to her (note the capitalised IF), she quietens down. Of course, I never stay with her 24x7 so sometimes cannot catch and it can take me 30 to 45 minutes to calm her down enough for her naps. :p

kirsten
ya man! some of my tops not only can't fit sideways but seems to have grown shorter also.. i also got no time or energy to go exercise man
happy.gif
but some pple say they only lose after 7-8 months esp when bb becomes more active and need to chase after them more. cross fingers!!
happy.gif

piglettail
i just tried again with my bb, same thing, keep rubbing his face instead of holding it up, then when i turn him back on his back his face will sometimes be red red, hee. wonder why hor, maybe they dunno how to do it??

bkkgal, I dont think a baby at this age is capable of imitating coughs?
strangers touching bb- I dont let others touch my bb. Only my inlaws get to carry/touch him, and maybe a few very close friends. Apart from that, I usually move very fast out of their reach when ppl start stepping in to touch and change the topic. Somehow we can tell when people are about to reach out n touch right? So just quickly step back and smile then say bye bye!
happy.gif

snowbelle, wow you really have the discipline to wake at 5am to excercise? I wish I do. :p

pigletail, I was told not to use facial cotton to clean their toungues cause ir may leave behind little shreds of cotton wool sometimes which may cause bb to choke. I am using gauze and finger brush.
tummy time- some bbs just dont like to be in this position. I think could be a preference thing?

tong/dor,
wah, ur babies big leh!! mine only 5.75kg two weeks ago. ma chiam undernourished compared to urs.

bumbo seat:
next gathering all bring our bumbos and take mass pic.

happy,
hmm...i quite keen to receive the bows and ON clothes =P let me call my friend and see if i can collect the stuff from him tomorrow, then can pass to you this week. if not, maybe trouble you to post my items to me first. let you know.

bx,
not undernourished lah. arielle similar weight as ashlynn and i'm very happy with it. i checked the WHO weight charts - our babies are within the 50th to 75th percentile, definitely not underweight and in fact is a very comfortable weight.

artemis,
re: ON
the real sales was on Sun (our time) where i got some woman tees @ usd5 which are now @ usd10..
some items, the prices oso increased liao..
u hv alot of things to order ? roughly wat is ur value ?
i oso preparing my order for ON.. i hv a 10% code and can take in another usd70 order..

dor
did doc say which percentile gervaise is at for his weight? do you get tired easily if you carry him without a sling? my shawn is only 7kg and i alr feel tired carrying him for a while.

kirsten
i've frens who returned to their normal wt much later at 7/8mths. so don't be sad. like what tongtong said, sometimes it takes time.

Back