(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Any mummies here baby still wake up in the night for feed. My baby used to sleep quite well in the night till 5am then he wake up for feed. Recently he kept waking up at 12am to feed sometime 3am as well.Yesterday night 4am he was so energetic and i have a hard time coaxing him to sleep. I am just wondering is it because he slept too much in the day. Anyone experience this before. I am so tired. If this continue i think i will die of exhausion....

Hi kirsten,

If it's just a recent thing perhaps your baby is going through a growth spurt? Instead of trying to feed him in the night which will encourage him to wake up, try to increase his day time intake by an ounce per feed. If he is still waking up, you may want to just put him back to bed immediately without talking to him after you are SURE that he is not hungry. Hang in there! Jia You!
happy.gif

hi aretemis

growth spurt occur in 3mth but my baby is already 3 mth and 2 weeks already. Now he dont finish his milk as before keep wanting to play.Even when he latch on he only latch on for 5min or 10min. I am worry that he dont eat enough. when i want him to latch on longer he will cry. How long does your baby sleeping during the day. Any guideline.

Kristen
my bb also like that, i bottle feed her halfway the she burp after she start to play with me. i dont care about her then wait till she start to cry i feed again, usually about 5mins later.

my bb is rejecting his milk, this motning he only driink abt 100ml n vomited, at 10+ he drinked finisg 150ml. now he dun even want to drink, n drink vert little, vomitted also.... really dunno wat happened

hello mummies me back!

so tired, managed to steal some shoppin time in bkk! wow so many bb clothes! n so nice n cheap..

tpting breastmilk - i just store in the hotel rm fridge during the day i work, then use milk bag to put milk in, n tpt back to sg using the medela cooler back with ice pack inside - the milk shld be safe to drink right? only 4-5 hrs?

cheryl,
wah... 100ml for you consider small ah... mine hardly drink 100ml if from bottle... normally only 80-90ml.

btw, any of you ladies here use pigeon teat ? can anyone tell me the difference between teat M and Y ? currently using M for my son, not sure when i should change to Y ?

cheryl,

my boy today also drink very little milk. only drink 50-60ml per feed. i'm so worried his intake. dun know wat happen to him leh..

cheryl, if the vomitting is not normal (as in he dont normally vomits) and especially if the vomitted milk is not regurgitated milk, you should bring him to his PD asap. At least I would if its me.

ya, if he still vomit will bring him see doc immediately... but no diarrhea...
last feed at 8plus, he drink finished everything....

cheryl,
i see...yeah if he keep vomitting then should bring him to see doc... does he look happy ? or sluggish ?

hi mommies

would like to join in the thread here as my ger was also delivered in feb 08..i am feeding my ger on demand, she drinks like anything from 50 - 150ml per feed. I kinda let her do what she wants and she is ok.. so hope this is some assurance for you. usually she would make up for the feed at a later hour, total feed in 24 h can be 600-800ml. she tends to puke up right now still, doc says its fine and normal, the baby will drink more if she needs more. it's just a lot of wastage.

saw the posting on the coach wristlets. I am also interested to know how much are these as I am thinking of getting one as gift? Can pm me ? THanks!

cheryl

if its regurgitation (reflux), my doc says its normal for babies. but if its vomitting (as in the baby really vomits), it is different as baby might be unwell. A fren of mine even had her baby throwing out the entire feed, but its reflux, baby is ok. And usually the doc will see if baby is alert and happy. if yes, they dun worry that much. hope this helps?

vernon
so far, what i had encountered before, vomitting could be due to
1) reflux
2) stomach flu
after vomit, how does he react? if he doesn't vomit previously, it's better to see doc. you were saying it's few times already... doesn't seem normal to me leh.

cheryl

yea my ger is cranky too half the time. i wonder if it is a phase thing. my guess is .. if he can still smile, he should be fine
happy.gif
))

when my ger shifts too much after a feed or draws up leg due to wind, a lot of milk also can come out each time she does that. hope this helps. if its regurgitated, u can see lumps - means its partially digested, and probably came up due to wind. if she hasnt digested, its the same look as it is when it went in , and it can also be because baby is too full. too full also v unconfortable for them.

mommies
i need some advice.

my ameda pump is losing its suction power. the other day, i was trying to take the tubing out but end up the part connecting to the pump came loose and ever since then, the suction is not so good. i wanna get it serviced but then i dunno how long it takes. i need to use it everyday, i dun have a backup pump. do you think i shud buy another standby pump? i've been thinking of getting one to keep in office and one to use at home, so no need to lug the pump back and forth everyday.

Amy, i used your song "this is the way to..." when i bathe my girl and now she enjoys her bath
happy.gif
thanks. and my helper heard me singing, so she's been telling my mom and mil that bb likes that song, so now my caregivers also sing that song when they bathe her. hehe, infectious! thanks
happy.gif

Berry, i will be so sim tia to throw away my milk loh....sigh...but i;m worried oso ss will go down cos as it is, my ss is not that fantastic, just enuff to meet my girl's needs.

dor, how's chiang mai? weather good?

hi mommies,

latest news - babies below six months should not be fed with water.. just reported in the news just now.. there's an article on friday's papers, under World p35 (or 36, can't really recall now)

eliaw
i din see but i heard about it! did they have any quotes from local PDs? i heard from people before that say our weather very hot so we should give (which makes sense). also my bb's pee is quite yellow, cos mostly FF, so i've been giving him.. :S

Amy, aiyah, just now passed by compasspoint KP, bought the bumbo seat liao. :p

Goodbbb, I bought the more expensive one cos babyhope said that one is actually $1 cheaper than BP price and I "tan xiao pian yi". Hee.

Missed the news cos was out, what happens if we feed bb below 6 mths water? I think my MIL does that sometimes leh. :p

eliaw,
i went to dig out my papers... here it goes

ST - 23 May (Friday) World p36

Babies under siz months 'should not drink water' - New York

Babies younger than six months should not be given water to drink, doctors in the US have warned.

Consuming too much water can put babies at risk of a potentially life-threatening condition known as water intoxication, physicians at Johns Hopkins Children's Centre in Baltimore hav reminded parents.

"Even when they're very tiny, they have an intact thirst reflex or a drive to drink" Dr Jennifer Anders, a paediatric emergency physician at the centre, told Reuters Health recently.

"When they have that thirst and they wants to drink, the fluid they need to drink more of is breast milk or formula"

As babies' kidneys are not yet mature, giving them too much water causes their bodies to release sodium along with excess water, Dr Anders said.

Losing sodium can affect brain activity, so early symptoms of water intoxication can include irritability, drowsiness and other mental changes.

Other symptoms include low body temperature (generally 36.1 deg C or less), puffiness or swelling in the face as well as seizures.

"It's a sneaky kind of a condition," Dr Anders said. Early symptoms are subtle, so seizures may be the first symptom a parent notices. But if a child gets prompt medical attention, the seizures will probably not have lasting consequences, she added.

Parents should also avoid using over-diluted formula or paediatric drinks containing electrolytes.

For older babies, Dr Anders said it may be appropriate in some cases to give them a small amount of water; for example to help with constipation or in very hot weater, but parents should always check with their paediatrician before doing so, and should only give the baby an ounce or two of water at a time.

If parents think their child may be water intoxicated, or if an infant has a seizure, they should seek medical attention.

REUTERS

*Pardon me if I have any typo...
happy.gif

pinkie, thanks for copytyping it out.

i think there's nothing to worry cos the report does say that it's appro om some cases to give water to help consti or in very hot weather.

the headline is rather misleading.

my friend is back from the US!!

ladies who ordered stuff thru me, how do you want me to pass to you?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Item</TD><TD>Qty</TD><TD>Item cost USD</TD><TD>Postage USD</TD><TD>Total USD</TD><TD>Total SGD</TD><TD>To Pay Garfield</TD><TD>Payment </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xiaoyun</TD><TD>Legwarmers - White (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>18.76</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Goodbb</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kitsune</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Snowbelle</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Andrea</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Innosense</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Thankful</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD>Garfield9</TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.7</TD><TD>6.7</TD><TD>9.38</TD><TD>39.48</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Dress</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>19.2</TD><TD>2.3</TD><TD>21.5</TD><TD>30.10</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Happymum2b</TD><TD>Legwarmers - White (S)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>13.4</TD><TD>18.76</TD><TD>56.28</TD><TD>Paid </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Legwarmers - Multi (S)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>13.4</TD><TD>18.76</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Legwarmers - Vivid Pink (S)</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>13.4</TD><TD>18.76</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

bx,
ashlynn so cute !! she's smiling at the camera...

kitsune,
u bought the braun handheld blender issit ? hehe..i bought the more ex as well and realised if pay by taka card it's 1 dol cheaper from bp price, so happy !!

re: feeding water,
hmmm...am i the only one who hasn't given my bb water yet... coz my bb's pee quite clear and he's on tbf still...when should we intro water then ? when they start solids ?

re water
guess everything should be done in moderation - the article gives me the impression that they're talking about giving water instead of BM/FM, and not in addition to, which is what most of us do?

bx
ashlynn so cute!!! she's such a pretty girl!

Hi kristen,

If he doesn't finish his milk during his nighttime wake ups, then you should attempt to put him to bed immediately. Do not play, smile or make eye contact with him as he may think it is fun to wake up at night as he is getting your attention. In addition, you should check that he is not getting more than 5 hours of total nap time in the day. Danica is 1 week shy of being 3 months. Her total nap time in the day is about 4.5 to 5 hours. She sleeps from 9 p.m. to 5 or 6 a.m. generally.

Hi bx,

Ashlynn looks so adorable and happy!
happy.gif

RE : giving water

Actually, I do not believe in giving water to babies and I have not given Danica any even though my MIL and mother have urged me to do so. During my antenatal class, the instructor told us repeatly that breast milk is 80% water so no need to feed additional and the PD in the last antenatal class also mentioned that nowadays formula milk is not as heaty as the formulas a decade ago so no need to give water. So far Danica's pee is quite clear and her lips are quite moist so I do not believe there is a need to give her water. :p Maybe that's why she chows down so well with every feed?

re. wail before bed time
bb H has been very cranky these days at night before her bedtime. we will usually shower her at 630pm and feed her at 7pm. after that she will be tired and ready for bed, but once we put her down on her bed she will start to wail before we can even swaddle her. this has been going on for many days and both hubby and i always got a hard time trying to calm her down. she will cry so loudly until her whole face turn dark red =( even if we managed to get her to sleep after that, she will wake up crying within the next 15mins and the process repeats again. SIGH~ whats wrong with her!?!

garfield
thanks for the CP of the legwarmers. can i get them from you via postage? thanks
happy.gif

bx
Ashlynn is such a pretty baby!

re: ON spree #2
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1392350.html?1211599255

hi mummies, items have arrived and ready for collection!
happy.gif

Mummies in this spree are :-
~ andrea
~ garfield
~ maruko (ting)
~ thankful

Kindly refer to the above link for more details..
Pls trsf the shipping charges to me and let me know your mode of collection..
~ <font color="0000ff">andrea</font> - i will keep your items with me as arranged
~ <font color="ff0000">garfield</font> - since i hv the legwarmers (6 pcs) with you, i think i will arrange to collect from you. At the same time, pass u the princessbowbow/ON items. Is that ok with u ?
~ <font color="aa00aa">maruko (ting)</font> - pls advise collection mode
~ <font color="ff6000">thankful</font> - self collect ?

andrea,
since i m gg to collect the legwarmers from garfield, do u want me to collect for u too ?
i can keep it for u together with the ON stuff..
unless you need the legwarmers urgently..

garfield,
where do i collect the legwarmers from u ?
from your house (katong) or workplace (chinatown?) ?

tute
there's L size teat for pigeon. perhaps can upgrade from M to L instead of Y?

jac
went to rsvp as planned yday. u wanna pm me your email so that i can send you my feedback?

garfield,
Thanks for organising! Can send the leggings via post to me? Let me know the postage so I can transfer to you. You still have my address?

mummies

i'm prob posting this too late but i haven't had a chance to come online.

JOHN LITTLE now has sale. i bought my bumbo there after salivating for a long time.

it's 59.90, minus 20% if u have ntuc card with linkpoints....plus another 5% off if u use the ocbc-robinson's card.

sale until erm...tonight.

i was gonna post a pic but stupid resolution too high. edit until sian.

garfield,
can you bring the legwarmers with you tomorrow?
I am on leave tomorrow. Will be able to meet you at your workplace.
will PM you with my handphone number. Please let me know. ok?

Hi happymum,

Thanks for the ordering : )
I have one more order on girls pant right? May I confirm if I should pay you $6.79 or $8.79? Also if I want to self collection, where can I meet you? I am staying around Punggol area, are you?

hi happy,
thanks for offering to meet up to pass each other the goodies! either my home or my office (bugis, not chinatown) is fine with me.

xiaoyun,
errm...got a slight problem cos i haven't met up with him to collect the stuff yet. so i can't pass it to you tomorrow

lezy,
that's a good deal for the bumbo!

baby gap,
went to gap and bought over $100 worth of clothes...i just simply couldn't resist
biggrin.gif

arielle laughed out loud today
bounce.gif
tried to videocam it but she stopped. previously she always flashed her toothless grin so it was quite cute to hear her laughter.

andrea
how about naps? wail also or not?

tute
i think Y is what pigeon calls cross-cut, and won't leak cos dependent on baby to suck. i have both M and Y at the moment, but doesn't seem to be much difference, apart from milk sometimes spilling out with the M!

any mummies got the variable flow white round thing from pigeon? i have no idea what it's for...

Back