(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

yipy

hi mummies,

if my bb does not finished the formula milk can i keep it for how long then feed again ? last nite i made the FM for my bb and he did not drink it at all and i throw away the FM i feel very wasted. can anyone here advised me..thanks!

eileengoh

garfield, if the site only have US mailing address, you can set up a vpost acct to buy from the site. vpost has a US address that they'll send the goods to, then vpost will send it to you based on your sing address..

sgwave, think for my boi's case partly because he got a lot of wind in stomach.. so nowadays.. i've to burp him after every 20-40ml then he can finish the feed

has anyone given baby gripe water? is it safe? does it work?

jass1408

hi gd morning ladies

vernon'smummy: can share w mi how u remove the cradle cap? my boy got a whole big patch in front... so ugly.

cherylkjh

goodbaby

normally i rinse his head with water, den put shampoo, den after wash his body den rinse off...

jaslyn
i duno hw come so fast all gone, cos is the infant care remove 1, quite amazing, maybe becos he botak liao more easier.....
shave all will be a good idea. my boy all have 1 big patch in front see liao so ugly..

jass1408

yipy: i read on the tin tat fm can keep for 1 hour. but i usually onli throw after 2 hours. so far my boy is ok.

eileen: i fed gripe water. but i only give half the dosage when i can feel a lot of wind in his tummy. he hates it thou.. dunno y, its sweet leh. i give my son jing feng san (bitter) he happily licking away. anyway, i feel tat bb fart more after he takes gripe water.

jass1408

vernon'smummy: o.. ur boy went to the hairdresser ya. my boy not much hair.. so probably will onli shave him after sil's wedding end of the mth.i tried to peel the cradle cap when maid not looking so tat she wont copy my actions haa~

vine_gal: thanks!

cherylkjh

jaslyn
i bring him to the barber, forget to tell u, when u peel the cradle cap, hair also come out with it
it is addictive to peel the cradle cap, i tried peeling it when hb nt looking :p so fun peeling it...

yipy

jaslyn, my son also have it. i use J&J baby oil to rub and peel off the cradle cap.u may try it. ya when you rub it hair also come out with it...my hb so heart pain...haha..

babyxan

cheryl,
i agree with u that it's addictive!! very shiok to see the flakes come out. hee...

jaslyn,
u very cute. scared ur maid copy u. i laughed when i read ur post...

cherylkjh

vine_gal

yes, very fun, oops, really fun, i wanna keep peeling but also scare wait peel till bleed den hb also dun allow me to peel. ahaha....

toot

re:cradle cap...
yeah quite addictive..hehehe...i use the calendula cream, leave it for an hour before bathe then just dry the hair with towel and it comes off slowly...took a few days but now it's gone...

try the bottle feeding again just now, he drank 40ml only then refuse to take anymore...in the middle of the feed he let go of the teat and was rooting, looking for my breast !!
i pump out 60ml again just now to try again later...

jass1408

re: cradle cap
ya v shiok to peel but hubby will scold me too. but then i see the cradle cap liao v 'gao wei'. esp when he gek, his whole head is red while cradle car area is dark. somestimes i peel the edge then 'sor sor' his head so tat it will come off

bx: haha coz scare mi maid dunno how to peel or scratch the soft area on at the front of the head la
i'm a paranoid mummy la

tute: how abt wait till he v hungry then give him bottle. i mix bottle & ltach on. my son is ok w anything although he prefers latch on. sometimes after bottle fed, he still wanna suckle a short while.

yipy: ys i kept in warm water
coz throw away v wasted hor. haha usually after 2 hours, i'll give the fm to hubby

tongtong8

help! any mummies using Avent Manual Pump?

the white valves( little round circle with flower) kept coming off when i pumped. is it something wrong with the valves? i just replaced the old one with this new one. dunno what's wrong.

iang

Hi

Gripe water is fine. Even if you go PD they prescibe rid wind wic is the same as gripe juz not sweet version. I add to the milk.

hppymum2b

dor,
1st day at work is like tat lah.. u will get used soon.. make urself bz, easier to pass time..
sigh, i look forward to return to work on coming Mon..

my son fell from sofa tis morng, luckily nt seriously hurt, just kena his kneecap.. Cried so badly so brought him to downstairs for a walk.. just came hme..
after 3 mths of ML, confirmed that i cannot be a SAHM..

vine,
yes, ah lam opens on Sun.. i just went 2 sundays ago.. if can, try to go ard 6pm.. aft tat the crowd will start to come in..

mummies who hv made payment to me, i will check later cos my son still v cranky after his fall..
also, for those mummies who missed my ON spree or wan to order more stuff, i will be opening a new spree next week..

tong,
i used to hv the same prob as u with regards to the avent manual pump.. for my case, there is a tear on the white valve, thus it kept coming off during pumping.. aft i changed a new valve, it solved the prob..

hppymum2b

<font color="ff0000">++ SALES ALERT ++</font>

Giant at vivocity is selling <font color="aa00aa">PAMPERS ACTIVE</font> @ <font color="ff0000">$29.90 per box</font> (M=88pcs/box, L=76pcs/box)!!

This works out to be only <font color="ff0000">$0.34/pc</font> for M and <font color="ff0000">$0.39/pc</font> for L..

I start to stock up M size for my gal liao and not forgetting to stock more for my son who is wearing L size now..

dor11

happy,
thanks
ervin, ok?
now i headaches
hahaha, long time never work!

re:express
just finished expressing in toilet

wow!!! super stress!!! luckily managed to express 160ml
hope this is continue

hppymum2b

dor,
thks.. he is ok now.. lucky never land on his head..
i think he is too tired after a long crying &amp; fell asleep on the sofa.. my maid quickly woke him up and feed him lunch..
Nw she is making him sleep..

garfield,
not sure other giant hv anot.. cos my mum saw it yest at vivocity so she helped mi ordered them and delivered to my hse tis morng..
need to spend $100 to enjoy free delivery..

babyxan

happy,
hope ervin is fine... fell from sofa shouldn't be serious. coz not that high up.

dor,
wow... 1st day still managed to get 160ml. mine 1st day drop, 2nd day increase a bit, 3rd and 4th day drop and drop. ss depleting soon... so worried can sustain up till next thur onot. coz A is 3 mths next thur. at least i manage to bf for 3 mths.

casa

hi tongtong,

i m using the Avent Manual Pump. The white valves keep cmg out too when i pump EVERYTIME... really so ma fan smtm when pumpg half way to stop &amp; readjust the valves

garfield9

happy,
thanks! E ok? sayang sayang

my A follow G kor kor also fliped today!!! from back to stomach =) got to video cam it for daddy to see

now she can flip both ways liao...from back to stomach and from stomach to back! so happy

hppymum2b

casa,
u can check the white valves.. mine oso kept coming off &amp; really v ma fan to adjust it in the midst of pumping.. then one day i took a good look at it and realised there is a tear.. aft replacing a new white valve, it dun come off anymore &amp; the suction is better..

hppymum2b

garfield,

wow, A is fast too!! 2nd bb in this thread to flip..
U must be v happy.. did u witnessed it ?
yes, must video it down..

cherylkjh

garfield

A flips too, dunno when my V is going to flip, but he yesterday manage to lift up his chest and head while he is on tummy, so nice

casa

Thks Happymum2b..

Ladies..
I started to pump out my BM now to feed my bb instead of latch him directly. Will only latch him in the mid nite.. And had started to feed him with 2.5-3oz of Formula. At 1st he was really2 rejected the formula milk...till recenlty he can drk up to 4oz og Formula milk.

I will feed him only 1 meal of Formula now per day and the rest of meals i will feed him my EBM. Normally 5-6oz on EBM &amp; 3.5-4oz on Formula. Decided to mix feedg coz plang to stop BF till bb in 6mths old (now he is 3mths+13 days). Started to pump out my BM too recently..so that i can see how much BM he takes per feedg &amp; also others can help to feed bb esp when i need to take a break out..

kellie

hi all,

need some advce here. My gal has not poo for 2 days and i can feel her tummy being quite hard. She is on partial FM and BM. Remember BBKgal mentioned she use some medical aid on her gal for her to poo. what is that huh?

jass1408

cheryl: ur bb looks so determine to lift up his head. so cute

IAng: jing feng san helps to make bb jerk less. my mum ask mi to feed him a small amt everyday so tat he will not 'xia dao'

re: flip
i'm so looking fwd to this... hope i can catch his 1st successful flip! but he doesnt look like he is trying now.

kellie: i just try to give more water. my boy was also constipated for 4 days twice in a row last week. before we can bring him to see dr on the 4th day, he managed to poo. so think prob can still wait 1 or 2 days more? just a suggestion la

snowbelle

jaslyn &amp; cheryl,
Hahaa... so I'm not the only one enjoying peeling off the cradle cap... :p When I told hb that I felt excited and shiok when I see the flakes come out after bb scratched her head... he said I pervert... I told my hb, I'm like a monkey mummy, just that I don't wat them after peeling off... hehee... Yesterday, on leave at home with bb, can't control myself, started to peel the cradle cap... indeed very addictive... didn't dare to let my mom and hb know... :p

kellie

Hi Jaslyn,

my gal also dun like to drink water..only one or 2 slip each time. We fed her gripe water too...now her tummy is like hard hard...i am worried she wont sleep well at nite...and we are going to suffer too..feel so heartache when i hear her cries nowadays....

jass1408

kellie: my son also hates water. but i try not to feed him tat when he cries so tat he will not associate crying to water. haha my weird theory. feed him a little @ a time but w more frequency lor. he used to drink 10ml on his guai guai days. past 2 days he managed to drink 100ml in a day. when he has constipation previously, i speak to my aunt who is a nurse and she say just feed water, bb too young for medication (my son was les than 1 mth then). anyway, my mil suggest to drip water in using a syringe. her fren used this mtd to start grandson to drink water. perhaps can try? coz mix fm and bm, bb needs to drink water.

bkkgal

Hi mommies
Managed to pump 130ml at lunch. Quite pleased with myself. Morning pump only 100ml but ok lah, i expected nothing at all cos not sure where can pump in peace. Hope to keep this up..

Kellie
I used babyflax, which is like laxative on my girl that time when she didn't poo for 4 days. But only 1 time. After that she was ok, could move bowel on her own.

You know, I realised that FM can affect their bowel movt so what I did was I stopped FM supp for a while and later when intro FM again, I diluted the feeds. You can also feed water to bb, massage her tummy in clockwise direction and cycle her legs in the air to help her move the poo.

jass1408

re: mummies who continue pumping after return to work
can i find out how many times u all express @ work huh? at how many hours interval?
feeling quite sore now as this is my 4th day back @ work. i rarely express during maternity leave. dunno if not used to so frequent pumping or pump not suitable.

bkkgal

I'm aiming for 3 times during office hours - 10am, 1pm, 4pm. 3 hour intervals. But as work piles on, I'm not sure if i can keep it up...