(2008/02) Feb 2008 MTBs

Pauline,
She will be taking GCE N Levels exams. Not sure if she does super duper well can she be "promoted" to O Level class though.

mummies
any of you give your kids cordyceps powder? my gf said it's really good esp kids whose lungs are weak...

goodbb
those $1+ kind? can search BP.

Hi hi..
Can't join the gathering. This weekend very busy..

Iso,
C is taking since Nov.. It's very ex.. but I think it helps.. So far since then he fell sick only once n it was mild..

Hi Eliaw,

How many times and how much do u give per day?where to buy the Cordyceps powder?which brand?Is it Heaty?

Hi isobellies,

I had tried looking for it in bp,but can't find any,any 1 still kept the websites or email or contact?

Iso,
Never heard of it... but keen to try now. C has been on dhatifen on and off to strengthen his lung because he has cough very often.

Eliaw,
Same question as goodbb...

Re: Combined Bday Celebration,
Very sorry mummies - I am swamped at work and having to look for my own replacement. In addition, hb broke his big toe on CNY so I've been designated driver in the house and have to do all the errands...

Rather than having a combined bday - maybe some are interested to have a playdate instead? I am thinking of trying out one of the new indoor playground called The Petite Park at Changi Business Park... there's a one to one promo from Mon-Thurs for a limited time (1 Feb-23 Feb) and admission is $16 per child.

Thinking of going on the 20th afternoon because I'll be on leave - anyone else interested ?
happy.gif

Hi Eliaw,
That's alright. Next time then.

Iso & eliaw,
I let C & S wear negative ions clothings at night and in school. So far so good. Still hv rosy cheeks. Hee.

Hi Pauline,
How is R's swimming lesson going on? I rem u let RaeAnne takes up Yamaha Music lessons? what do you think of these classes?

Hi Goodbb,
I have excess stickers, not sticker albums. Are you interested? How many you want?

Hi, blueginger, yes, we just finished 4 lessons of swimming. The coach is good but will be switching to another instructor since he recommended that RL not quite ready to learn and I am not prepared to pay $200 a month for RA to have individual lessons. So, I am going to let RA join an existing class by another instructor recommended by him. Still on Sunday morning but much earlier at 855am. Good news is school fees is just $60 per month. Maybe can let RA try out ballet again cos one of her CC classmates also learning at Crestar and the teacher agreed to let her join that class.

As for yamaha, junior music class is very fast paced n I am having difficulties getting RA to practise on the piano. headache... -_-

Blueginger - what is negative ions clothings? where to buy?

Cordyceps powder - heard of it too, is it from medical hall or?

both my H also on Dhatifen (lung tonic) only but cough still on n off.

Cordyceps powder:
Bought it at Chinese medical hall.. They mix with another 2 herbs. This weekend I ask my mil again then let u know..
Just a little teaspoon n mix inside the milk.. So far so good..
I previously gave dhatifen too.. Not bad also..

Pauline,
So young she learn swimming? I had plan to sign mine too but the current instructor teaching my 2 older kIds only takes 5yo and above. May I know which swimming school/pool you go? Mine's at Tampines but we have just switched to Bedok under the same instructor. Btw, my instructor charges $50 and $90 for 2 siblings.

I'm planning to start her piano lesson next year.

Reena, yup, cos I didn't want RL to feel left out when we bring RA for swimming lessons. Plus I remember the Aqua ducks trial we brought RA to, the instructor said they can start at 6 months old. Anyway, they love their swimming lessons at Tampines, always telling me they want to go swimming. So, while RA starts on the new class, we will still bring RL along just to swim.

Hi Pauline,
When is the date for the next class? Mb can let Channet try, let's hope she can kick the habit of wake up late in the morning.

Yahama Junior Music class very fsat-paced? suitable for freshman? sounds scary. Did RA continue? How much do you pay for the class? At Tampines Mall?

Ballet? WOW~ MB another time. After C completed, these 2 lessons bah.

QL & Iso,
What do you want to know about the negative ions clothings? All of these clothings is made in Japan using Teviron material, over 40years of history, had won 3 famous awards over there. My Pilates instructor introduced to me a year ago. Feel that it helps to improve my life. So let the girls wear. So far so good.

blueginger, I thought you said Channet not keen to learn swimming? Anyway, let me check on Sun am if this class is full cos I never met the new coach before. :p

As for JMC, parents whose kids who never attend Music Wonderland was in culture shock. Even though RA attended MW for 1 yr, I still find it 'siong', only good thing is that RA doesn't fear the teacher and will try to do as she says since she was under the same teacher for MW last yr. some of RA's new classmates still warming up, refuse to sing, refuse to play on KB etc... :p

Iso,
There's no cafe there. One of my friends commented that the place is not that big, explorer kids is much bigger. So i guess paying the full entry fee is not worth it but for the 1-1 not too bad
happy.gif

Cordyceps + Si4 Shen2 is the herb mixed inside..

Tute, I'm interested to join the paydate but 20th cannot..

XY, the marina barrage play date pics look fun!

blueginger - i nvr heard of the -ve ion clothings at all, so its bought in Singapore?

eliaw - is the taste of the cordyceps powder bitter? how much is 1 bottle?

Tute,
Interested to join the playdate, don't know any less noisy play places at weekends.

XY,
hehe...interest to join your gals' fly kiting also, but confirmed with kam first on her housewarming. Next time, next time.

Pauline,
Still rem that time you asked if C is interested to join, surprisingly she was not interested then. Last week, her grandma asked her the same question and this time she wants. I rem you let RA learn swimming then, so better to ask your opinion.

Yahama programme sounds very scary. Do they have any trial?

Eliaw,
The outing was fun. Our next outing in March, planning to go to the big playground at West Coast Park. Are you interested?

Goodbb & Iso,
I am amazed too when I learned how these negative ions clothings heal allergies, ecezma, insomnia, injuries, sciatica, liver and kidney problem, reduce water retention, diabetic even cancers and many more. I had witnessed a few cases as it happened on people around me. Even pregnant woman is safe to wear these.
Yes. They had a sales office just opened last month. To know more you can attend a free seminar coming up on 21-March evening. PM me for details if you are interested.

Anybody know if the place where they teaches children how to make ice-cream using a ball-type of ice-cream maker? I saw it on the Ch8 television programme.

Blue ginger, oic, yes children can be fickle minded too. RA went for ballet trial with her cc classmate but surprisingly, after that, she said she doesn't want to learn, dun like to dance. So I will forget about ballet for now, save $$. Last Sunday morning, didn't bring RA swimming. Cos she started a bad cough, had to bring her to see dr instead.

eliaw,
promo until 23 feb - any other date you can make it?
C's school closed down for 2 weeks due to HFMD so my schedule is pretty flexible :p

iso,
do you mind changing up the dates a bit?

bluegin,
interested in the next outing ! wanted to join the kite flying one last weekend but with hb's toe injured - a bit too troublesome for me to bring C alone :p

tute
i'm pretty flexible
happy.gif

kitsune
so u find aquaducks gd? been thinking about swimming lessons. and soccer, and art, and music.. haha.. but i q lazy to bring them to so many classes!

blueginger
evenings tough leh.. any online info?

Ballet
My eldest taking her grade 4 exam this yr. She started her ballet lessons at age 4. Now she's telling me ballet is boring and prefers her CCA ie wushu over ballet. But 1 year ago, she wanted to stop wushu because she thought it was boring. Sigh... Kids are forever changing their mind.

Swimming
DH been teaching dd3 swimming since swimming instructor told us to wait till she's 5. Dd3 can now swim with a kick board by herself with DH walking ahead of her. No longer need to stand beside or hold her anymore. She is able to swim the whole breadth and when she reaches the wall, she will throw the kick board aside and climb out of the pool herself. The next thing she needs to learn is to blow bubbles. The instructor taught us the above so can cut down the learning time when she attends lesson.

Hi, blueginger,

Keep us posted on March outings.

Hi, tute,
Seems that not many people can go. late evening time, ok?

Hi, Reena,
Nice to see you around. I am reading your blog much these days for food inspiration. ^_^

ECA activities,
-----Dance,

I wait for sending E to ballet lessons, for long. But it seems that she likes hip-hop style, and we don't want to load her with any lesson after her full day cc.

-----swimming
My girl's CC provide swimming class for nursery and the above class. All her class go for it, though at additional fees( $160 for 2 month, once a week). She attended 3 lessons so far. Teachers feedback that she enjoyed it, and was fast learner.

As long as she is happy. Hehe.....she haven't grown up to boring stage. But my girl quite like dancing after attending two year-end school concert. Don't know whether kinda of joy of playing with cc friends make her persevere her concert dance or others. Hehe.... I didn't teach any instructor type swimming/dancing to E, and keep quiet at her auto practice what she learned from CC at home. hehe......nowadays I pretend not knowing how, encourage her to ask/learn from teacher/instructor.

kitsune
ah ok, they have one at science park, q ok distance for me, but dunno how good they are.

tubao
so good and convenient to have swimming class! my E's nursery only 2 hours, feel like he is not learning a lot of things. my nephew's CC got abacus class even!

ECA activities
i feel like now they should enjoy all the classes while they still can - once they go primary school they might not be able to have time for all these other classes!

reena
can use the board without any floats? E can blow bubbles but so far i think he doesn't have enough confidence to use the board without floats.

Happy Birthday to our children. I rem those born on 15-Feb-2008 are the God's son and daughter. I wonder any difference in luck and fortune?

Pauline,
Keep me update on the swimming.
Junior Wonderland any trial?

Toot,
Np. Is your hb OK now? Injure toe can be very painful, esp when you need it to walk around.

Outing
FYI, our next outing to West Coast Park, 4-Mar, 10am.

Reena,
Yes. They had a sales office just opened last month, near Tiong Bahru Plaza. I only know how to go leh. Hee...
DD3 very good, can self-learn swimming from your DH. My hb has been teaching C, but she just want to be safe in her dad's hand. My cousin said it is tough to teach their children to swim too.

blueginger,

Haha...my colleague told me the same thing about teaching own children swim. Hehe.....don't know how accurate. My dad taught me how to swim, and I taught my brother. Probably that's why I don't dare to teach E yet. ^_^

Hi mummies,

Long time no chat! Wishing all our feb babes a very happy 4th birthday!

Been way too busy with work ever since March last year due new boss. In sep I changed dept and became even busier. No time to visit forum for weeks in a stretch. Decided to do a better job at saying no and pushing back. Told boss if travel is not compulsory I don't wanna go
happy.gif

Outing 4 March
Keen! Pls count me in! Great that you gals are organising monthly outings
happy.gif
miss the regular play dates when our kids were younger.

Swimming
Ya my hubby also thinks not good to start too young. He feels 4/5 year old is ideal. But I dunno his rationale!

Music
Didn't realise yamaha is so siong! It's quite popular though. All the weekend slots are full, only week day evenings left. Any other good music schools around?

Dance
A is totally into dancing. Whenever she hears a catchy song, she will break into a dance complete with hip hop moves in public. Usually in the middle of a shopping centre! I don't wanna send her to ballet, but maybe a more contemporary dance school. Anyone knows of a suitable one?

Act 3 school holiday drama workshop
Anyone keen? Mar 12 to 16, daily morning 2 hours. The story is an old woman who swallowed a fly.

http://www.act3international.com.sg/eblast/mar2012/ebneb.htm

blueginger, sure, will let you know. Yes, music wonderland has trial too.

Hi, garfield, long time no see. There was a Jan08 mummy who sends her gal to NAFA dance school. But I don't know the details.

Hi gers,

Long time no SEE!Been busy being a PTWM, shuttling the kids to and fro sch in e day time and going for tut in the late afternoon plus moving hse.

But i am glad things are more settled now. :D

Iso, G is with Aquaducks in sch as her sch tied up with them and offering an irrestible rate. But its only 30m mins class, a bit short but nevertheless it does build up her confidence, she can hold her breath under the water and swim lengths w a board, she is still a timid ger by nature but i think she has done well already.

Yamaha:
G is also w Music Wonderland, nothing much at the moment, just music appreciation class, as long as she likes the class and the teacher i will let her continue.

Her sch is offering English, Chines Speech n Drama and Art class. Prob i will also sign her up for 1-2 classes and let her experience differnt activities.Her sch is 3 hrs only so plus the enrichment classes she will stay 4.5 hrs in sch, i think still not too siong.

Hope to meet up with u all soon.. nd to get into the rhythm 1st and see what happends when her classes begin in Mar.

tubao,
I've been lazy lately, hardly update blog :p So many pics in my hdd but just couldn't find the engine to get started. Anyway, thanks for your support!

isobellies,
Yes, she uses the kick board without any arm float. She knows how to blow bubbles but not exactly the correct technique. I think it helps as she sees her siblings learning swimming and hubby will stay with her to "swim" before going to the kids' pool to play.

blueginger,
Need some patience in teaching them how to swim. Mine was scared at first, she uses the kickboard but needs DH to hold on to her body. Slowly, we encourage her to try swimming by herself with lots of praises. She is now able to swim in the 2nd biggest pool (1m depth?) by herself with the kick board.

Garfield,
My kids swimming instructor says that it is because they do not have the stamina. Take for eg my son, he started learning swimming @ 5 whereas my gf's daughter started at 4. She is like my dd3, very well exposed to water and not afraid. When they first started lessons, she can swim better than ds2. When she passed her stage 1 test, my son still couldn't swim yet as he fear water. But my instructor told me that once my son overcomes his fear, he should be able to perform better than my friend's daughter. Reason being, he is older and thus physically, his limits can be stretched, and he has better stamina due to his age. True enough, after learning for 1.5yrs, my son will be taking his stage 3 test soon but my gf's daughter is still learning stage 2.

Piano lessons for consideration
My 2 elder ones are taking private piano lessons, fees worked out to be almost the same as schools. Most importantly, no need to lug them out for lesson and wait outside the music school for lesson to end.

The only thing about private lesson is, you need to have a piano/keyboard at home.

Reena, yes I am thinking of letting the gals learn piano at home when RL is old enough to learn n I already bought a piano. Asked a friend but her kids' piano teacher only teaches at her own home. Is your piano teacher good? How much are her rates? Thanks.

iso,
only 2 of us can make it - maybe need to defer the playdate to some other time... btw, you can still try to go to the playground because with A and E together you can already enjoy the 1-1 promo!
happy.gif

tubao,
yeah... seems like only very few can make it... difficult for me to go late afternoon as I usually go home quite late these days :p

jeannie/pauline,
what do the kids learn in Yamaha Music Wonderland? C is in another music school doing pre-school programme... most of the time they do introduction to notes and rythms.

Bluegin,
Yeah - he's better now though still can't wear shoes/walk for very long. Thanks for the concern!

Reena,
At what age did your kids started the private piano lessons?

hi all, i also been really busy. it's the airshow this week and ending liao so can finally breath. not heavily involved but still have activites to plan around it so......

been a silent reader. i feeling abit guilty for not even thinking much about Ruth's enrichment leh.

She does have quite a good schedule now with:

- Gymnastics on Sat (since she was about 20 months i think). She enjoys it and we started it back then because it fulfilled so many areas. She could run and tumble around safely, she could learn better motor skills, could expose her to a sport, could increase her flexibility etc.

- Ballet on wednesday nights (for about 5-6 months now). She loves it, looks forward to it.
- Kindermusik on Tues (during school hours)

All are once a week.

My idea is pretty simple. if she likes it, enjoys it, and I can afford it, I will give it to her with no expectation of 'returns'. I'm making it easier on myself la. I can be very demanding type one.

most of the classes at this age seems to be focusing on making the sport/activity enjoyable and interesting - as a primary means of retaining interest in the child. Once the child becomes disinterested, i think all the money and time invested is gone.

For me, i started piano, swimming and ballet at 4. Stopped ballet at 10 and took taekwondo instead. LOL. Swimming kind of continue la...but just learning how to swim lor. piano of course learn all the way....but also a struggle to have to practise everyday. mum nag n nag n nag n nag n nag. Stamina damn good. dun think my stamina so good to nag everyday.

Oh ya, swimming we never really give her lessons. just bring her to my brother's condo every few weeks let her enjoy the water and play with the water slide. she loves the water slide - her daddy will carry her on lap go down because it is very fast - more for big kids and adults. still haven't decided whether or not to send her for lessons yet.

genice
so good! which school is G in btw? i prefer sch organised activities, then timing is gd and price is gd too, haha.

tute
np
happy.gif
what is the place called again ah? i check it out.

lezy
that's q a few ECA already, can lah
happy.gif
no need to pack her too much. some of the music classes i enquired about they said they teach a specific instrument, like violin or piano. At our kids age! i doubt E is so inclined to any particular instrument at all...

hi everyone, long time no post.

Happy birthday to all the babies.

Gervaise is very free at the moment except going for chinese lesson at berries cos my gal is taking her PSLE this year.

He wanted to learn violin, but got to hold til his sister is free to pick up violin.

will love to join any playdates

blueginger, last Sun's swimming lesson didn't go very well. It was the first lesson with new teacher and RA panicked when she realised she is now at the deeper learner's pool instead of the baby pool used by the previous teacher. She refused to even walk in the shallow end. Swim teacher saw her resistance and told me to just bring her to play for a few weeks before starting lessons since she is so afraid. Now looking for alternative cos find 855am timing too early, water is cold and RL cannot wake up in time so it is no longer a family swimming outing. :p

Pauline,
That was exactly what happened to my son! His lesson was 45 mins because there were only 2 students, him and my gf's gal. First 30 mins, they swam at the 2nd smallest pool, last 15 mins they moved to the 2nd bigger pool. Either he refused to go into the water or he "koala" onto the instructor for the whole 15 mins. I felt it was a waste of my time and wanted to pull him out of the pool.

Immediately after his lesson ended, DH made an effort to "swim" with him in the big pool, to build up his confidence. After several sessions with DH, ds overcame his fear. Parents must have great patience to help them overcome.

Last Sun, DH brought dd3 to the 2nd biggest pool and she swam breadth nonstop for 2 "laps". Then he brought her to the biggest pool and she swam 1 full lap without stopping :)

I took a short video of her but not sure it how to upload video here.

Piano,
The market rate for private lesson is approx. $150/month for beginner. But this info was based on 1.5 yrs ago as that was when I bought our 2nd hand piano. My tutor is quite good but not fierce enough to control ds2. She is full and can't take any more new students. But she has other piano tutor friends, willing to teach east part of Singapore only as they are all staying in the east.

Tute,
Both dd1 and ds2 started their private piano lessons when they were coming 8 and 5 respectively. Due to age, ds2 is slower in his progress.

Dd1 will be taking her grade 2 exam this yr Q3 (skip grade 1) and target grade 3 in Q1 2013. Ds2 was scheduled to take his grade 1 in Q3 this year too but after some discussions with the teacher , both of us felt that he is not ready as he gets confused with theory. Although this is not a theory exam, he needs to understand certain theory before he could understand how to play the piano.

So I'm taking it easy on dd3, don't want to waste time and money to start her on piano so soon. Anyway, she been requesting to learn how to play the guitar. Thank goodness now have ukulele, so small and cute, may consider her on that too.

Reena, thanks for sharing. Can u pls PM me the East side piano tutors? I can keep on standby then call when RL is more ready to learn. Hope it will be cheaper if the tutor comes and teach 2 kids at one go.
happy.gif

Hi, blueginger

Will join 4 March playdate.

Hi, Reena,
Your 3 kids learn so much from you and your husband! other than cooking! I don't know what I can teach them; I know dance and swim, but never teaches E. For drawing, and piano, guess that my girl probably learns faster than me.

Hi, Lezy
Envy that you learned so many things----ballet, piano. I felt like "did I waste too much time when I was young?" ^_^

Hello mummies

Anyone keen to join an Abrakadoodle weekday (maybe Wed) class at Rochester for 20-36 month olds? Need a few kids to start a class
happy.gif

Back