(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Thanks to all for ur advice
happy.gif

I just talked to my hubby over the phone and cleared some worries. He say just go
happy.gif
Hao xin you hao bao wo. Key thing is to remain happy and positive. kekeke.

Today my appetite super good, till now I am still munching. Just had egg mayo sandwich. Now munching biscuits.

I like the name Ian, nice sounding and sound so boyish
happy.gif

My parents are on their second honey mooning in Europe now too. But my mum says the queue at LV very very long. The popular items also out of stock, some.

angelsky,
Your mum is right. Europe's branded outlets are even more crowded than our Singapore outlets. I also had to queue to get in or even worse, queue to make payments! Sometimes I wonder how they can afford so many branded goods! Haha!

You're making me hungry too leh, thinking of the mini snow skin green tea mooncake in my fridge, maybe can take one and eat!!

Thanks for the encouragement with the name Ian. Hubby and I finally can settled on baby's name.
Today, we went NLB to borrow some kiddy books as he wants to read to baby at night.
kao_laugh.gif

On weddings
happy.gif

My fren had his wedding one month after ours. Me and hubby that time quite blur about all these ban dang things. We send out our invites to him. Then after that, when the rest of our frens got their invites, we were wondering how come we did not get ours.

Then he told us, he will not be attending ours, and he will not be sending to us, coz we also cannot attend his. Thats when we realised that not supposed to go each other wedding wo. We were initially still like quite cool le, so many pple getting married, like alot of happiness to share around ma.

I cant imagine, if now my sister getting married, but I cant go coz I am expecting
sad.gif
, I mean if only la.

But since we are at ban dang stuff. When my galfren got married, her husband was from overseas, so in singapore, the wedding dinner was for the brides family and friends and her dad's business frens. Her in laws actually told her family that they are not supposed to eat the last dish and they must not stand to say thank you and good bye, else its bad luck for the guy's family. Must "leave" some luck. Something along the line. So all kinds of things happen.

on weddings

During the time when I got married in yr 2000. many other colleagues were also getting married ! and they told me that we shd not attend those 3 mths before/after wedding ! So in the end I missed out 2 coll's wedding during that period.

Nexyanne,

Title is: What's in a Chinese Name.
Author is Lin Shan

Available in MPH Novena Square.
I know there are 4 other such books available at Popular Bras Basah outlet.

Hi all Jan 08 mummies
I am new to this forum but i do read all the archives. The thread moving very very fast. i can only catch up at night as my office block all the access to all forum pages.
Hi mei,
kindly update my details:
Nick: Chercher
Baby due date: 17 Jan 08
Gynae : Dr Kee W H
Hospitial: TMC
Email: [email protected]
For all mummmies going to BKK, I just came back yesterday! bought many many nice pink stuffs for my little gal.. Cheap and nice!
For those staying at Baiyoke Sky area, you can get many baby rompers(2 piece suit) @ ONLY 170B. Wholesale price. you can over pop over to Platinum mall level 2 to buy baby clothings. Cheap and nice. price between 150-200B.I bought a total of 30 over sets of nice clothings for my little gal.

violetice,
wow, that's a long list! thank you so much...

but hor.. i haven't tell you all something. you people sure laugh one.. my hb's surname is Wu (Goh). so most combination can be a joke! think we really sabo our sons big time! hahaha!

angelsky
for me at 25wk, the top of womb is abt an inch abv my belly button. I asked gynae why this time round i seem to feel that bb is much lower, she said coz tummy muscles loose liao, suggest me to get support belt o'wise may get backache. She assured me that bb is not too low.. if too low, she will be scanning at pubic bone liao.

re: visiting newborn
diffrnt beliefs.. some say can visit, but cannot touch the bb. Some say cannot even visit. It's 'supposed' to be not good for MTB and newborn, eg MTB feel discomfort or smthg bad happen... and newborn cry whole night cannot sleep properly etc. But then hor, 2 wks ago i just visited my fren (she's still in confinement) and next day we chk'd back with each other - nothing happened lor. *i din carry the newborn coz he was asleep! And i was quite sweaty also, dowan to touch la.*
So u c how much faith u wanna put in these tales.

re: x-ray frame
i walked thru ley, obviously pregnant. This time was 6m preg. When i was preg with #1, that time was 5m preg, also walked thru without incident. My gynaes din mention, i also din think abt it until i saw your concerns. haha.

hammies
yeah today my tummy no good also, lotsa gas & pain, as tho gastric. Hubby say i so poor thing, suggest stop at 2. kekekeke.

re: touch my tummy for LUCK?!
yeah people always say preggies bring good luck. When i was preggie with #1 & relatives were gambling during CNY, they always want me to sit with them.
This time round, my colleague suggested that i touch tummy before i do any instant lucky dip, ask bb to gimme luck. But i always forget and never win anything. hahaha. Forget it la, i'm not such a fan of LUCK anyway.

fishia
consider to use characters fr bible? Like books of the bible, what they're called in Chinese. actually my chinese not v good la, haven't attended chinese service for years..
we haven't decided on #2's christian name yet. I shortlist for husband liao, but he says still waiting to hear fr God. So now i praying that God will speak to him fast... 3 more months to go..

hi everyone...sorry MIA whole day cos lots of errands to run. So tiring. Preggie and relocating is really NOT fun!

babe..me moving to HK on 5oct cos hubby starts work there on 8oct. But i'll be back once a month...err...actually only once in Nov cos by Dec i'll be back in Spore waitg for delivery time. So hopefully, can coincide with Icy's return and we all can have a BIG gathering again!
happy.gif

Re tummy touching...i heard from old wives tale also..some preggers pantang people touched their tummy....cos some people believe that certain babies will "xiao chi" lo... dunno... *shrug* But i think we cant react dat fast cos when people reach out to touch we cannot jus slap their hands away, can we? kekekeke

Tonite attended the 3rd session of Mrs Wong's antenatal classes at TMC...she showed us a video of ladies gving birth...ewww....honestly, it does send me into some "worry mode" watchng the video, with the baby's crown coming out....i saw the girl sitting next to us squirming and having a "i-am-about-to-throw-up" look....LOL. Really not for the faint-hearted.

Welcome to the club Cherynn! We have the same EDD and same hospital too! Me having a gal as well! Seems like most mummies here are having boys so ur gals will be quite "popular" next time yah! kekekeke

Icy...u're hvg the same symptoms as mine when i went to HK last week. My gynae told me cos most of our major intestines end on our left side...and when we get bigger...usually there'll be a "war of space" between the intestines and the womb...and well....the intestines wont win...hehe...so lots of airs are deposited at the end of it, thus we feel the tight and crampy feeling.

Jus now after my antenatal class, me and hubby went to catch a 1130pm movie at Cineleisure. Want to make the most of our "er ren shi jie" now since hubby starting work soon in HK and baby coming in jan 08. I have this habit of leaning over to hubby's side during movie time, but since my tummy got big, realised i cudnt do that anymore jus now. *LOL* Have a backache trying to...
happy.gif

Re chinese names...me scratching my head hard to think of nice chinese names for my princess. Would really love to have similar sounding names for both english and chinese. Can anyone offer any solution cos me + chinese = sucks. LOL. We decided on Rylee for english....and hubby's surname is Yeo (which is Yang in chinese). Any suggestions?

Hi mummies

Thinking of going for a trip to Kaohsiung, Taiwan for 3D2N trip with my 20mth old son. Cos got FOC tickets. Currently 24weeks pregnant olready. Told my mum about the trip, she start nagging and nagging. Is it safe to travel?

Hi ladies...

Also the first time i hear about the touching tummy issues...haha..so far only 2 ladies touched my tummy leh..more becoz they were quite excited and like wanted to feel it for themselves..so guess it's not an issue.

About attending weddings, didn't know also leh...me and hubby have a wedding to attend in Oct. I thought of going, but now maybe should ask the bride and groom first whether their family got any such beliefs or not hor??

Violet, good for u that you settled on your boy boy's name....

Oh ya ladies, I ask you all something. My colleague told me this 'theory' or so called 'research finding' that for ladies that tend to have more boys...they are slightly more independent or domineering in their marriage. Do you all find yourself to be so? It may not be a bad domineering thing, but just maybe more skewed towards you making more decisions, or stuff....

I also don't know...I'm only like that sometimes...usually financial or bigger matters, tend to leave it to hubby to go think about it.hehehe...other smaller things...i tend to want my way more...haha...

Good morning ladies,

Whaha, the thread is moving very fast! So much to catch up this morning!

Velancia, Steph,
Now BB is coming.... So we muz control our lemming for bags already!
sad.gif

Re: Touching tummy
My collegues also like to touch my stomach, But somehow i just let them touch as it will not be nice to tell them not to touch!

RE: Attending wedding and full month,
My MIL dun allow me to attend either of these! So i have been not been attending any wedding since preggie!

Hi all,
How's everyone? I just came back from Phuket. Weather was stormy for the 1st 2 days, so sian. but after tat was ok.
happy.gif

my stomach is my stomach, whether it's protruding or not. If i can't react in time, i'll tell the person to ask for permission next time. They'll be the one who's embarassed coz they din realise people dun like it!

pooh25
safe la

mylife
Rylee Yeo = Yang Ri Li, which means English Calendar. ?!?!?! consider carefully huh.

hammies
maybe coz we hv more testosterone, so we're having boys all the time? perhaps... but it takes 2 hands to clap... daddies' swimmers play impt role too
happy.gif

Re: Wedding

I have attended so much wedding haha since i preggie cos i no pantang the married couple oso bo pantang ...... i just attended one last week too ... coming up oso have

Re: New born baby

I Cheong to KKH see my frd's son hahahaha and oso attended their baby's full mth ..... ok one ... only my mum say dun take the cake, tarts or red eggs, for me cos i bo pantang and since my mum say that then i follow loh

Angelsky,
I'm also not getting a CL. I'm a little like goldenpig and you, don't fancy having a stranger staying in my house and prefer to be hands-on in taking care of my baby. I also did a lot of reading up and I'm pretty determined to take care of my baby in my own way. But my mum will help me with the cooking and will help me out for a few hour during the day. But no problem becos she knows my "pattern" and will let me do things my way...hehe.

Re: Touching our tummy
A few of my colleagues also like to touch my tummy but they will ask for permission before doing it lah...i dun mind as long as they ask first. My aunties and nieces also like to touch especially when my baby is moving, they find it so amazing to feel his movements in my tummy.

fishia,
I think Wu Ren Jun and Wu Ren Yu sounds ok...don't think he will be made fun of lah.

mylife,
How about Yang Rui Qi or Yang Rui Yi...sounds similar to Rylee right?

Mornin ladies!

i got a wedding dinner dis fri which is tomoro & sun.. my mum told mi dont look at e wedding couple wen they walk in e ballroom.. itz bad for my bb, juz pretend dat i'm only there having my dinner..

actually i dont really believe all these but wen someone mentioned abt it then i'll follow becos i'll feel bad if i dont follow and wat if "touch wood" someting happen??!

sorry gals i am back home late again yesterday so energy running low .... so never on pc so never send u pics will do it tonite ..... sorry abt it.

Chaye yes is over now I am awaiting for my clothes to arrive heehee .... ON's BP very frequent ... i will keep a look out

<font color="ff0000">Jan-08 Mummies EDD List*</font>
*list only display mummies with complete info from Nick to Child #.

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD>NICK</TD><TD>EDD (2008)</TD><TD>GYNAE</TD><TD>HOSPITAL</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>G Tan (gtgt)</TD><TD>01-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Yen (yen2007)</TD><TD>05-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>split (split)</TD><TD>07-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>elmo_78 (Pauline)</TD><TD>08-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>hammies03 (hammies03)</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. YC Goh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>jenie_1979 (jenie_1979)</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>babe (Joan)</TD><TD>11-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Chaye (Debbie)</TD><TD>11-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>valencia (valencia_val)</TD><TD>11-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lim Yuin Wen</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Vernice Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>violetIce (violetIce)</TD><TD>11-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Ian Ng </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Mom2nat (mom2nat)</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>shooting star (Rebecca)</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Jacelyn (shorty_gal)</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Javin </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Kai_Li (nini_hubby)</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>red.rose</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>nexyanne (nexyanne)</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>mist28 (mist28)</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Superbee</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Adelle </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>JanBB</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>mylife (Fennie)</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Chua Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rylee </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Quek Wei Lin</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Tattyhug (tattyhug)</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Yunbb (jaredmami)</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>eRnMum</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. June Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>LynnChong</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>babyling</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>icy</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. SC Yeoh</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>mei (lu_meihua)</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Pooh25 (pooh25)</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>QQ (qqing)</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Yvonne Lim (ylim)</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Brien (Tan Jia Xi) </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Verene Ting (vereneting)</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Christie (phoenix_sky31)</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. SP Teo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Klarisse Pang </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Luvv (luvv)</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. HY Ang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Steph77 (Stephanine)</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Fern Lim (bibi81)</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lim Teck Chai</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>fishia</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Mrs Piggy Piggy (Evonne)</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>wildcherry (Hazel)</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Babyshannon (babyshannon)</TD><TD>27-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>angelsky (angelsky)</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>calbee (calbee)</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Krystle Kee (krystle)</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Tan Hang Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>baby26 (baby26)</TD><TD>29-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. PC Wong</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>#1 (Twins!)</TD><TD>Boy and Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Jennifer Aniston (jennifera)</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. Woo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Joyce (lj2)</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr. TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>gintonic (gintonic)</TD><TD>01-Feb</TD><TD>Dr. Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>kitsune_sg (Pauline)</TD><TD>39479</TD><TD>Dr. Judy Wong</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

morning ladies,

wah the thread really move very fast!!

Welcome Cherynn! Wah you bought 30 sets of rompers in BKK????? that's a lot!!

Re: weddings/newborns
i do attend weddings, no pantang about that but my hubby forbid me to attend baby full month, can't even visit my friend in hospital or at home during confinement period and can only visit her after the actual full month..

re: touching tummy
Most ppl will ask for permission before touching. Only time is my sister who just touched and i slapped her hands away and scolded her..wahahaha cos she didn't dare to put her hand on tummy and make it sooooo itchy! hehe....am bad sister..

mylife,
do take care and rest when you need to. Can you still travel back to singapore in december? Airlines will allow meh?

golden pig,
when the sonographer did the detail scanning previously, she scanned and press very hard at my pubic bone area leh cos baby's head is down there, she never tell me that my placenta is low leh..

Cherynn,
Wow, you bought so many rompers. How much is it in SGD? I'll be leaving for Bangkok this Fri. Looks like I gota fo Platium Mall to check it out. I'll be staying at The Centrepoint hotel though. Its located at Pratunam side... MBK also round the corner.. Gtg everywhere by taxi since its cheap cheap. What other good buys you got? You are getting me really excited men!

Any nice maternity clothes we can get too? Me need some..Also lingere.. keke. Do update me yah?
Fern

Hi Ah Capp,
Wow!!! thread moving really fast! Took a while to read everything men!
Thanks for the x ray dectors link. Since I have an appiontment with Dr Lim today... I will check with him this also.. haha.. NExt Friday leaving for BKK liaoz.. Super excietd! keke
happy.gif

I have been having blots of blocked nose last night.. really sian lor!

Re antenatal class,
Yah, do sms me what you be wearing and I'll keep a look out for you.. provided class not too crowded and I am not too late! haha. Excited huh?? See you guys soon
happy.gif

Fern

Chaye,

Just to share my experience.
If you plan to buy online clothing there is a risk for ur petite size...Like me! This happens to me, as i ordered GAP maternity in the bulk purchase only 2 pieces i can wear where i bought 6 pieces as the time for the stock to arrive is not fixed as per the organiser promised always got problems. Like arrival timing, sizing also not as accurate though they do give the measurement online!

1 bad experience which i encountered is i joined one of the local bulk purchase in this forum, the clothing i recieved, all i cannot wear!!! And i spent hundred over bucks! In the end i have to sell it away online! So my slesson learnt not to buy anything which i can't try.

Wah! u guys was fast, thot of bb names already...
i havnt even start to tink yet.. mi & hubby was buzi at work so nobody thot of it.

Mom2nat: Phuket was a nice place, i went there wif my hubby in feb. e weather was ard 39oC and i fainted on 1st day wen i fell down fr e ATV due to heat exhaustion. On e 1st day i already had bruises here & there. 2nd day went snokelling so painful.. did u try e ATV? itz damn fun!
happy.gif

mylife, so envy u leh heehee so romantic kekeke ..... my husband not romantic one hahaha sit properly in the cinema hahaha ..... *faint* ..... but we like to watch sports togther like soccer & wrestling yesterday accompany him to watch wrestling my baby oso kicking inside *faint* hahahah

jacelyn so far I bought online all ok .... hmmmm maybe next time u wanna buy GAP u can go try out 1st kw their size first b4 purchasing it online ..... this is what i think ..... but for u, u very small size so is easy to get clothing .... hahah a KONG LONG like me hahahahah hard to get .....

Fishia,

You're welcome. Actually, the book has more but I find them quite unsuitable lor so never add on.

These 3 not funny mah.

Ren2 An1
Ren2 Qi2
Ren Jun4

touching tummy>>
i also dun like ppl to touch my tummy. especially my colleague who is also preggy. my mum said dun touch each other tummy as baby luck will be taken away and dun let each other tummy face as baby might be swap. so it's better to be safe den sorry. my colleague also like to suddernly touch my tummy before i can react. when i tell my hubby and my sis they are so mad. they said did she do it on purpose cos its not the 1st time already. so what i did is there's once we are having lunch so i popped up a qn. "Will your baby ban tang? My baby very ban bang and my baby dun like ppl to touch. Now even my sis also dun dare to touch my tummy." and she got my message. she replied " oh dear that day i touched your tummy leh" i said " ya my baby know and not happy but i tell my baby never mind lah ppl only sayang you." from den onwards she didn't touch my tummy liao. Maybe some of u can try to hint yr colleague and friends.

visit during confinement>>>>
its better not to go and visit yr friend when she r still doing confinement cos i heard from my mum is that it will be bad for our baby and they are not "clean" during confinement. maybe when full month den visit her but dun touch her baby just see will do. that's what i did last sunday.

wedding>>>
actually best is not to attend but again its up to individual and depend on r u ban tang. anyway i have 1 wedding lunch on oct, 1 wedding dinner on nov and 1 rom cum dinner on dec. even though my mum have instructed that i cannot attend if really need hubby go alone but i think i still will go sercetly...hehe... very naughty right. last time when i was preparing for my wedding, there's a auntie told me that dinner preggy lady can attend but they cannot to attend morning chinese customary or cannot be ard when the groom fetch bride. its will be very bad for newly wed couple and themselve(both mother and baby).

wow...really got alot of ban tang rules hor? I'm not really so ban tang lah...only if my mum tell me specifically not to do something then i won't do it. I have 3 preggies in my office...difficult to avoid leh. Anyway, yesterday 2 of us also touch each other's tummy...hee hee. I don't mind lah but maybe I should ask my colleague whether she mind or not.

Morning all,
Paisei for all the duplicate entries last nite... i gave up posting more after awhile.

Joyce,
I thought I had emailed u. Or is this ur other email address? Anyway, I have resent the photos to u.

Mylife,
Saw ur email addy above, have also sent the photos to u.

Cherynn,
Welcome! And thanks for ur shopping recommendation, but i am trying to resist over-buying too many baby clothes. But i am still tempted to check it out. Hehe...

Fishia,
I find it quite hard to think of Chinese names eventho my hubbys surname is not Wu, as my Chinese is really bad! I am thinking of getting a geomancer to name my baby. Otherwise, I came across a book the other day in MPH (I think?!) and am still contemplating whether to buy it. Its called Best Chinese Names (You guide to auspicious names) by Liu Xiaoyan.

hello everyone, i have been reading this thread but just not posting... i buay tahan must join liao.

regarding online purchase: yeah actually go to the local GAP store to try the size first, then i ordered online. I ordered a bunch of stuff from old navy (wah kana wack by the vpost cost almost $40 SGD) but i thought it was worth it. I've purcahsed stuff at Old Navy outlet during my honeymoon before so i roughly know their sizing... xs still a bit big for me but lucky got spandex waist. hehe.

I dunno why the maternity pants in Singapore all so expensive. Actually my pants worked out to be less than 50 bucks even with shipping and exchange all in.

re tummy touching: wah i have been lying down and inviting people to touch me!!! *gasp*!! friends and family!!! then when the baby finally moves, they end screaming and saying its freaky (for those who not had babies yet) haha its pretty fun leh.

About attending the customary sessions, does that mean that being a Jie Mei is a no-no?

I've got a good friend's wedding to attend at the end of the year and she has asked me to help out and be her Jie Mei...aiyoh.. think have to tell her I can only make it for her dinner liao.

goldenpig, hehe...me oso tot of that before...dats why thinking of other similar names instead of DIRECT translation of Ri Li lo....

Yvonne...i tot of Rui as the middle name too...but hor...one of my nemesis (long story...used to be a fren) named her daughter Rui En (after the Mediacorp actress) so i dont wish for my princess to have the same middle name... :p very childish hor... kekeke

Luvv, yah, CX allows preggers to travel up to 35th week and SQ up to 36th week. But my gynae wans me to be back when i'm like 31-32 week, dats early Dec so she can monitor me. Will definitely miss my hubby cos he'll be in HK
sad.gif

QQ, yah lo...me always very die-hard romantic one...dats why initially when i found myself preggie i also wondering if my life is gonna be topsy turvy...the life i know now will be gone.

Wildcherry,
My friend pantang, she said no to being my jiemei when she was preggers. I think preggy women are not suppose to face the bride. If being a jiemie, u will be assisting the bride all day! But attending the dinner is fine, just don't look directly at the bride and don't touch her or let her touch u.

whildcherry
2 yrs ago, 2 of us preggies were jiemei for my fren's wedding, coz we were gang of 6 gals since sch days. nothing happened... babies born fine and bride is now expecting..

During my own wedding, my fren jiemei also 3m preg. Her girl also born fine, now i'm expecting #2. How ley?

10001 pantang things to observe.
humbug.

Back