(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

krystle,

dont worry too much.
but do check with the PD since u had the referal letter already.
Sometimes he could be slower than his peers but will catch up soon..
happy.gif

Jacelyn/krystle
If I tell you that I will not be worry I would be lying to you le. Which mother will not get worried until such situation ? Now since got referral letter just go for futher tests if ok then no worries
happy.gif
and Jacelyn, did you bring Jayden for development test ?

As for T, he's born Dec 07 so he has to learn faster than his peers born earlier than him cos he will be K1 next yr !!! So fast ! He has not know how to write yet but can recognise most of the alphabets except for b & d will get mixed up which is not a big issue I think.

hi mommies, it seems external enrichment classes conducted at CC/kindergartens are more common now.

would you have any concerns if the external teacher is a male?

Jacelyn,
HR can recognise alphabets, if give him the whole set, he can recognise all, but if randomely point at books for example, sometimes he can sometimes he can't. There are 2 alphabets he surely recognise no matter what font it is - H & R, haha. Chinese words he knows none. English words also he knows none. I am totally cool about this. No hurry. Sooner or later he will pick up. HR also can't tell me what he does in cc. Sometimes tell me a little bit of what teacher said to him, sometimes nothing. Maybe you don't ask J what he learns, but what he does in cc? Like ask does you sing today? If he says yes, then ask what song. If he says no, then ask if not singing, what do you do? Drawing? Lead and guide him for the answer, he is still very young lah.

krsytle,
If you still remember my nephew's case, he didn't even call Baba and Mama till 4 yo! He made no eye contact with anyone and he didn't play with his brother at all. Does your boy play well with your girl? If so, don't worry to much bah. Probably is just the speech. Nothing serious like autism. It's good if the PD can help you to put your mind to ease, why not. Play more nursery ryhtm for him, I found that is a very effective way for young kids picking up words.

Mandy / krystle,
I am also thinking about the Lion King. Looking that it's already October and it's already the last month for the show, chances of us going get slimmer and slimmer. I may plan a weekend trip to Desaru with my parents to "make up" for this ;-)

Yes, my parents coming this Sunday! I will get a few weeks of "freedom"!

Chaya,
Last night HR wrote 1, 2, 3, 4, only 1 is perfect. 2 he wrote the other way ie the mirror way. 3 is correct but the way he wrote it is wrong, he made half circle then stop then connect another half circle later. 4 is half correct, can see the shape but not so correct as a whole :)

prata_queen,
I won't. Why would you be concern if it's a male teacher?

i think parental involvement also play a part. We as parents also have to spend some time to guide the child if we want to see result.

RE: external enrichment in CC
it helps us parents to save some time bringing the kids to the enrichment class during weekends.
but it also caused some parents to b pressured to join in cos imagine all the rest in your child's class join in, then your child will feel left out. Which is why my gal always tell me she wants to join this or that in school.

Twinkystar,
Yes, I saw the free upgrade promo but the price is still more than $100/pax. :p

Wicked?? Nice musical?? I seldom watch musical so not so familiar. The only one I watch is Phantom of the Opera in London. Wish it will come here again someday.

Jacelyn,
I agree with Kam. Need to ask leading questions rather than open ended questions to get more answers from our 3-4 year old kids. I also ask what songs you sing in school? Can you sing to Mummy? Did you go toilet by yourself and flash the toilet etc... Did teacher read book to you?

Kam,
Good that your freedom is coming!
Mine just suddenly cut from me. Felt like grounded at home these few days. So sianz...

kam
is ok for HR to write imperfect 123 now cos he's 08 baby ma and only 3 yr old. He still have 1 yr to perfect them. T is quickly pushed to age 5 as soon as he hits 4yr old :p

Pressure cooker vs thermal cooker
Hi ladies, anyone has either the abovementioned cooker at home. Which one is better ? Saw a WMF pressure cooker and I got impressed with it. $279 for a 4.5L a bit steep lor. My maid cook soup daily and boil over the fire for about 2hrs so if I buy a pressure cooker it may save some gas $$ right ? And how about thermal cooker ? Both seems to work the same way leh. Both need to boil over fire for say 15mins and off fire and let it cook by itself.

krystle,
Jia you! Don't think of it that way. Stay positive and enjoy the time spend with them!

chaye,
Of course. I am not worry. In fact I was amused by how he wrote the letters, so funny. His R actually is also very funny, he drew a circle then add 2 legs below the circle :) Think he is more of the artistic type, haha.

I can only say if you decide to buy a thermal cooker, invest more and get a branded one! My ex-colleage help me to buy a non popular brand, it didn't work for me :-( Gas is not expensive if you look at the bill, it's the electric that's killing, but surely you can save some money, not a lot though.

kam
ya I think HR is artistic type leh. He at least can draw. T totally cannot draw anything. ZERO :p

My electric consumption is lower than the national average consumption. Water is around there but my GAS is the MOST cos my maid cook twice a day and we witness few times before she lets the water boil boil boil w/o putting in ingredients. Maybe forget or what. So I tot maybe I can save some on gas if I get a thermal or pressure cooker

Krystle, oic, I will be a bit concerned too. But go for proper assessment first, dun worry too much. For RL, she only started calling me 1 day before my birthday in August when she was 20 moonths lor, still slow. But nowadays she is super 'manja'. Today, for once, I went into her classroom with her and MIL cos I wanted to pay school fees, and when I wanted to leave, she started to cry. :p

Chaye, for pressure cooker, half an hour is enough for pork rib soups. Thermal cooker, I boil until the soup boils, transfer into the slow cooker, cook for another 2 hrs still not as soft. I can't tell the difference in the taste anyway so for me, i prefer using my pressure cooker.

Chaye, I bought cheap brand, Endo during isetan private sale, less than $100 cos I'm afraid my maid would spoil it. Luckily, it is still working well, just that the screw of the handle was loose and had to tighten or else the steam escapes and the pork ribs were not as soft.

krystle
I asked my nb, her monthly fees including the JG speech and drama for PCF only $175!!!

Jacelyn
Elliot can write his own name at 2 yrs old. Big and untidy though. I seldom test him, oso dunno what he really knows or not. He doesn't like to sit down to do writing or colouring, so I dun bother. Now tat he goes to fullday cc, no time for me to read or play with him liao. Each time I take out word cards or writing books, he sits for a min and gone liao.

If you are concerned, you can check with his teachers. Cos they will know among the kids, how is your child faring.

Grumpus
I dun sleep with bb. He always wants to be carried, every since abt 2 mths+. Nap time v short. Recently dun like to lie down. I try to bf him oso difficult, cos he dun like lying position. V headache!

Kitsune
I still no time to read my bb sleep help book. Sigh. Sleeping is like a battle. I put ruyi oil, change rocking position... finally i gave zantac, reflux med. Oso dunno isit reflux.

prata_queen
I live in Pasir ris.
For my P1 gal, her core subject enrichements cost me $300 a mth. Her others(ballet, swim etc..) cost me $700!!! I feel young kids v poor thing, hardly have time to play, go outdoors and do things they like. If your gal dun do now, tell you ah, come primary sch lagi worse! My hb dun wan my gal to go tuition kind of classes, but art ok. Actually these trains the kids brains. My gal went berries in N2, after tat refuse to go! Now go again. Sigh... no interest.

krystle
Yah! The PCF here is hot fav. But I dun like lor... Heee...
I am thinking of changing CC for Elliot, but he just settled in. THe fees gg up next yr and I think a bit too high liao. I can't afford any other enrichments outside.

Mom2nat, sigh, during RA's time, I read so many books, but also no use. Until now, in the middle of the night if she wakes up for any reason, still come to my room to look for me. But if I sleep with her, she will not wake up until morning. My hubby caught her waking up and looking for pp, see us then go back to sleep. I guess she just needs security bah. Hope your Darius not like this. :p

Wa, pcf prices so good, and got this kind of enrichment, i dun mind leh. P1 enrichment so exp hor. Really need to save up. :p

Jacelyn
Sorry, elliot could write his name b4 he turned 3, not 2!! Lol. He din wan to hold a pen n din know how. It was my #1 who taught him

Kitsune
I tried to sleep w bb, doesn't help. Once he stirs n awake, he cries. Sigh. Need to catch him b4 awake, quickly carry n pat. My #1 always cry for me at nights. So for #2 & 3, I let them
Sleep w my mom. Mean hor...

Mom2nat,

U spent 1k on yr gal enrichment class every month? What enrichment class did she go for?
I wanted to sign my gal up for some classes but I cant imagine rushing everyday sending her for classes. Right nw, we only allocate sat for classes and sun is our family day.

Chaye,
Our household electrical consumption also lower than the national average, about half only, that's because we don't use air-con at all. You don't use air-con also?

mom2nat,
My girl was also a poor sleeper, only improved recently. On some nights I really couldn't tahan and literally threw her to my hub cos I was so near breaking down already :-( Guess some babies are like that, couldn't sleep tightly. HR is the good sleeper. Once he heads to bed, no matter what noise or whatever, he only wakes up the next morning when we wakes up, no need to go toilet, nothing. Not sure if that's linked to BF cos my gal latchd till 8 months while my boy was not a BF baby, and the pacifier, cos HR didn't use one, while XY sometimes woke up looking for her pacifier.

Kam,
I had the opposite.
My gal is a really good sleeper. She sleeps through from 6 weeks old onwards. She will not wake up no matter how loud my boy cries in the middle of nite.
Imagine, my parents who lives directly on top of us can hear my boy crying. Thats how loud it is. And worse, my boy still cant sleep through even though he is 2 already. Waking up twice a nite to feed him milk really pissed me off whenever i need my sleep badly.
Both my kids are BF till 1yr old and without pacifier. So I guess every child is diff. cos I gave them everything the same, but turn out differently..hehe

Kam,
both my girls are light sleepers. my elder one was bottle fed, younger one latched.
my elder one till today will wake up few times at night, but at least she knows how to go back to sleep by herself.
my younger one wakes frequently too.
both girls dun take pacifier.

Shannonbwby, my case similar to yours, both gals bf till 13 months plus, both no pacifier. RL usually sleeps through unless she is woken up by RA's constant screaming n crying. Like today at 4+am, after RA woke up to pee, she wanted something n didn't want to vocalize. Hubby Bo chap her, end up she just stood there, screamed louder n louder until both me n mei mei woke up. :/

hi mummies,
anyone using the Medela PIS advanced battery pack or car adaptor? i am tinking of getting one so i can used when i go out. any comments or anyone selling?

btw, breast milk kept in freezer can onli keep 3 mths rite? i finally hav some excess, duno if i shld start freezin before i go back wrk

shannonbaby,
Opposite than mine in terms of the gender, but if we compared #1 to #1, #2 to #2, then it's similar patterns! My gal is also waking up for milk too, till now :-(

Shannonbaby / Grumpus / kitsune,
Oh, okay. Then my assumption is wrong. It's NOT linked to BF or pacifier. They are born to be like that :p I would be so so so happy if my gal starts to sleep through. But will she ever?

Aqua,
Congratulations!!!! You even have extra BM to store now! Wow!! So happy for you, well done!

KAm, thanks, I hope I can tong longer for bf, heehee. I m not so pro bf, so reali hoping I can continue, else bac to wrk in dec, can't pump. Nw bf, all day at hme coz i pump exclusively, tink if i quarantine at home longer, i will go siao! If go wrk, My Office no nursing room n my boss micro manages, n expect me to be on msn every min so tht she cam msg , Sianz!

aqua,
dont mind selling to u since i am not using nw. but I need to go home and find it first.

Kam,
I also cant wait for the day when my boy sleep through the nite..
happy.gif

Shannonbaby, Kam, I am waiting for the same, but for no. 1. She's already coming to 4 yrs old, hiaz... And I hate it when she wakes Mei Mei up.
sad.gif

Shannonbaby
Can't compare cos my girl P1 Liao, so enrichments oso more and more exp. Core subjects, Chinese n math class. Non core, piano, ballet, art and swimming. All nearby downstairs, only 1 need to go tamp.
Elliot has no enrichments at all hor.

Kam
Not linked to bm or pacifier. But I heard kids who latch to sleep n sleep tog, dun sleep as well. Elliot I bf till 17 mths but his sleep ok. My #1 & 3 more similar. Pd say they will grow out of it, how long only!! Wah piang.

U dun use Aircon can really save $$ cos my utility bill abt $400+ a mth!

Mom2Nat,
Wow, 6 enrichments in total for a P1 kid?? Is her P1 homework a lot, able to cope? Currently my boy has 3 enrichments (ie music, speech & drama & chinese). He loves attending the classes & wants to con't after attending trial, so we juz let him be since is learn thru' play & lots of fun to him. But heard from my fnd that there's very limited time for them to attend other enrichment when goes P1. There are other enrichment that I'm not sure whether is good to sign him up like abacus, arts & swimming. Of cos, not signing all up which is too taxing. What's your take since you are more experience than us?

Jacelyn,
My boy is able to read & write at the age of 3yo. Same as chaye, he is dec baby so got to work extra harder than jan baby ;) So this is very normal speed for nursary kid i think. But not to worry, since your boy will be nursary next yr & you can start "training" him now. Agree, every kid progress differently.

Juz curious, are you still SAHM? If so, you can monitor his progress at home. Do some simple writing & reading with him daily. Feel that consistency is impt in their young level of learning. After weeks or months, you will know what goes wrong? Some kids may juz refuse to share what they learn in school. You could check with the teacher what is the theme or letter they are learning at that week behind his back. And use some keywords to prompt your boy what he has learnt in sch when back home? In this way, he is being "push" & tell u more of his stories in sch. Do you know his classmates' name? I always like to ask "did so & so do this or that?" This is how I communicate & get to know the happenings in school. Give it a try! Jia you ;p

I bought my kids to SingKids today but was full & need to wait for half an hr!! OMG, wonder why so popular & is so EX. Took a peek inside & in the end feel that is a waste of $$$ and proceed to town instead. Is a bit crazy, only few playstation & 2 stations are playing with balls??? Really disappointed cos expect it to be very fun for my kids ;(

Having mixed feeling recently, #2 is in her terrible stage. Wonder i shld quit my part time to concentrate on her??? Haiz, when I was a SAHM, I wish I could work. But when I start to work, I wish I could be with my kids. Ding Dong here & there..... And the part time work scope is not my cup of tea, really bored... This is driving me crazy...Really dilemma ;( My hubby asks me to quit & stay at home for good. But sometimes SAHM's dirty job can be suck plus I don't like to engage maid. Having big headache ;(

Sorry for the long post. I'm like spitting out all my woes at one go.

Janbb
Wats singkids?
Today I Brot my kids to the new pool near pasir ris mrt. Big slides n got tat water tank that pours water over. My #2 scared. Cheap n good
happy.gif

I agree sahm quite "dirty" job sometimes... I always ask myself if I made the right move. 8 yrs Liao... My peers are doing so well, I still cleaning shit!! But I fang bu xia leh. I must know wat the kids are doing and within my control kind. When I tot of gg to work, came #3. so really stuck here.
I heard nowadays many kids having prob cos parents not at home. Developmental wise, social, mental.... Blah blah... I think in most cases it is good to have mommy at home. Thogh I act more like a step mom! Lol

Enrichments leh, v individual. My #1's previous kindy had enrichments daily. She loved it. My girl v active. She even wants to add on gym next yr! Come pri sch, really no time, so while she can, I let her enjoy. I ask her which of the 6 she want to drop, she dun wan leh! I dunno wats impt or not. Dun strive to say, learn something must do well in it, must go national level, or else half baked, waste $$. Like tat v pressurizing. She tried blading, she dun like, so we din bother.

Many of my frens who din do well academically are doing v well in their jobs now! Study is A way to success, not THE only way. So let a child be a child. I would love childcares who let kids take up lots of outdoor sports, but can't find. We tend to worry if our kids lose out if dun attend enrichments like other kids... But no end one hor. If u have time & $, then send. If ot, dun worry too much.

Mom2nat,
SingKids is another indoor playground.
http://www.singkids.com.sg/
I was so so attracted by the sweet "decorations" from the picture & wanted to bring both my kids there. But when see the real thingy, eeeee, a bit "seasoned" & old already & don't look that fun after all. ++++ today is children day, that place is full of kids. Dun look enuff space for them to roam ard & is 1hr $18 per kid, still need to wait for their turn to play cos really overcrowded.

True, i agree with u. Some of my fnds did not even get a degree & is driving BMW, self employed now. This is their luck afterall ;) Heehee, so the moral of the story is dun need to study so much huh huh, haha ;p But come to reality, the reason i send my boy to enrichment class is due to the need to "outsource" certain subject like chinese as they still need to go thru' at least another 10-13 yrs of sch life. Why shld we cry with them when they can't do well in future? At least i try my best to help them now & what happen in future we won't know & juz hope for the best. I send my boy to gym trial class before but he did not like it & refuse to enter at the 2nd lesson, so we drop it too. Surprise that they know what they want at this young age ;) But i will drop speech & drama in another yr time or so. As for music, depend on his interest & talent. Cannot play piano also cannot help, will see how. Haha, so I still have "free" slot to insert new enrichment ;)

Yes yes, we belong to the same species!! Are all SAHM like that? Everything want to be in control?? Jialat, i can scold everybody incl my hubby & mum when we dun agree any issues involving kids. That's why I a bit scare to stay at home for too long. Cos at times will "kee xiao". Part time job is a get-away morning break for me. But when back at home, see my #2 being spoilt by my mum, i will start to regret. I will start asking myself: "This is not the way I want my kids to be & why am I so selfish to "escape" in the morning instead of coaching her properly??" Haiz, why can't I juz work happily like other FTWM? Is it becos' taking up the SAHM's job for too long & unable to switch back? I salute to u, mom2nat!!! 8yrs OMG!! What shld we do when we have no "demand" when our kids are in pri or sec sch??

mom2nat and janbb,

just realised that all enrichment classes will add up to quite alot every month. I have never calculate how much i spend on my gal per month yet.
My gal also having lots of enrichment in childcare and she loves it alot. I didnt really bother whether did she learn anything from it or not as long as she enjoys them, but so far, the teachers all feedback that she did very well.

I only place her in mindchamps reading program so that i can keep her occupy and spend some time with my No.2 But now i cant wait to stop her but she enjoys it very much.
She is also in Shichida program which has homework everyday but still enjoys it cos she wants to go for class together and shichida allows that..haha. in fact, everyday she will remind me that she need to do her SM homework.
Now i wanted to start her for 1 to 1 piano class but I am worried that i dont have the time to practise with her.

RE: SAHM
At times, i also wish I can b a SAHM mum cos I prefer to homeschool my kids. but then again, my hb is worried that i will be very bored at home and keep calling him on the phone..haha. so he prefers that i work part time (can get to talk with adults during work time) and the other half spent time with the kids.

morning mummies,
you all are great mummies! i didn't sign my #1 up for any enrichment till now. She's only attending N1, that's all. Only intend to sign her up for dance class next year as she's been harping on it for a long time.

I'm so upset now. Very upset. Just now I was complaining to hubby abt #1 that she didn't wash her eye (the accident eye) then immediately he snap at me in front of #1. I was shock and speechless tell myself that I'm not gg to talk to him anymore !!!! Less than 5 mins later he walk to me and ask me now u feel I'm very 'fan' right ? That's exactly how I feel. WTH !!!!! I feel like scolding him FU but refrain from it CIA in front of kids. He says that my attitude was bad in the first place and the way he tall to me is unacceptable ! I shd put it across to him in a better way !! I was just fa lao sao to him and ask him to talk to her baobei instead of me keep having to tell her what to do. I dun think I'm wrong ! And I think he says he's not snapping at me and says that is the way I've been talking to him !!! WTF. !! So angry till the tears just rolled down.

So is this the way to get back at me ? My weekend is totally spoilt now. Lucky he has wedding dinner to attend I dun hv to see him evening onwards !

With 2 kids I can't just walk out like that lor. Last time whd we quarrel I will just walk put go downstairs for a walk. Now it's him who will go out for coffee instead!! Still pator days r best. U can ignore and dun talk to each other for days and still ok
sad.gif
. Married 12 yrs y must be different ??? Men change or women change ?

Forget to mention tat we were at bus stop when he snapped at me. I got to hold back my tears lor. When we reached library I brot T to the reading room and wept there lor. And tata when I wrote here just now. He called I demanded an apology in front of #1 and I dun care if it's sincere or not cos I want to let my gal know that snapping at others is unacceptable.

He came with #1 and apologise Saying that he received SMS abt his work issues and hes fedup and just then I complain abt #1. He said I said the wrong thing at the wrong time. Eh when I said something u want me to find right time and date meh !?!? Anyway my mood is ruined today.
sad.gif

Chaye men are insensitive! Dun b upset! U have 2 kids around, I m sure u dunwan them to worry n see u down. We mummies always suffer, mus b backbone of family! Cheer up! Go for a walk, shopping spree or anythin that make ur day better;)

Chaye,
hugzzz! Hope you're feeling better already, don't waste your weekend being angry. He should be feeling regret already, sometimes men just open their mouth without thinking. Too comfortable with wife to say anything without thinking and care for our feelings.

Chaye,
Understand how u feel, hugz to u. If I were u, i will juz catch a cab & run away. This is what i did many months ago, got pissed off with hubby who shouted at me in front of two kids. I can't even recall what happened. All I rem was very very very hurt ;( But I'm the more spoilt & impulsive type. I secretly went to change & make up and open my big door WALK OUT alone leaving 2kids behind with him. Why shld we scare of them??? Let him have a taste of medicine & see next time still there to treat us this way or not. No respect to us at all. HeeHee, now my hubby really watch out on his attitute cos I told him I will do the same thing again if dare to treat me so badly. If your hubby try to do it next time, dun scare!! RUN AWAY & i bet they will call you for many times cos 2kids with him, hiak hiak hiak ;) Feel better???

Now waiting for kids to wake up from nap & thinking where to go later?? ANyone here??

Thks Aqua and Luvv. Feeling slightly better but I'm not really in the mOod to talk to him although he can be like nothing has happened. He ask if I want to continue to sulk and spoil the rest of the day or move on.

Wah Janbb wah u so bravo. Just walk out alone. The fact the we are already outside and I brot Tate to another place. I even tot of bringing the kids along to my mums place later ! But think only la. We just came home and I'm gg to take my nap now. Dun care him liao !!!!

Chaye
12 yrs of cos diff! But at diff stage of our lives, we think n act differently. Last time part tor I will throw tantrums or quarrel over little things, now is no time no energy Liao.
Wat makes u think he won't be thinking y my wife totally diff from my sweet Gf 12 yrs ago??? It is not easy to cope with work, wife, kids, finances ... Try talking to him after both of u calmed Down.

Janbb
I saw this singkids in T3. Exp leh. NOt v big oso.
Ay, we samam. I tried working part time b4 I had #2. I had a maid and mil to help out. But I realise I had more problems to clean up after tat. My #1 bullied maid and mil. They can't cope with #2. I find the little income I bring in, not justifiable. I can't go out in peace knowing there is another war at home now and after I go back. So, I gave up. Cos the company oso wanted me to go on fulltime. I decided my kids more impt.
Frankly, I dunno if being sahm is a right decision. If I din stop work in 1st place, I think I will still be working now. Just close 1 eye more, the kids will grow up somehow lor. But be sahm, so im chim, my kids wag the tail I know wat they wan liao. I will not feel good leaving them to other pple. But hor, I am not full fledged sahm, cos 1 or 2 days a week I still need to lunch or kopi with frens or go shopping!

Shannonbaby
Wat is the mindchamps reading prog abt ah? Elliot's CC is offering next yr, tats why a jump of $200 in fees a month!!
Homeschooling is not easy. Teaching at home, doing art and craft, reading... these are not full home schooling. If you are working, you only do that abt 1-2 hours a day at most with your kids. YOu see the P1 syllabus, and thinking you really teach all tat, really can peng san. Either I am a teacher myself or I might whack the child upside down cos frustrated when teaching!

When I open out my schedule, my hb's eyes will pop out, asking me how come I am so busy. I have so many things to rem, the classes, the changes, the bday parties or outings.. blah blah blah... Oh, sometimes the sales too! hahahah.... Isetan supermkt sale next wk!

Mom2nat,
Your kind of SAHM with 1 or 2 days lunch outside sounds like tai tai lor!!

It's not easy to remember the children's schedule..I have my boy's CCA schedule (some days have, some days don't have), exam schedule, homework schedule etc..Last time I have my own work schedule too, can go peng sang.

Singkids is quite expensive unless you sing up for their package deal. Not an ideal place for older kids like ours.

Phonics Training Course for Mummies - 2012 Training Schedule is out. Effective teaching on children from 2 plus to 4 plus. Refer to 'Bulk Purchase - Phonics Training Course for Mummies'.

mom2nat,

mindchamps reading prog is a 2hr prog which includes reading, phonics, story-telling and reflection of the story through drawing, dramatization of the stories. At times, they also do rhyming of words, some art n craft, sight words etc. Every week they will read a book to the child and work around the book through reflection, drawing and dramatization. It's quite a comprehensive program. The main reason why i put my gal in is because I wanted to free some time out so that i can spend time with my #2.

I really love to homeschool my kids and did lots of research on it. I love to teach my kids myself. In fact, I create lots of hands-on activities just for them. We do reading (My gal will read to me everyday), mathematics through activities created by me, phonics, flashcard session, etc. I follow the theme in my gal's school and add on more materials or discussion with them. Because my kids are in shichida prog, so i will work on the SM materials with them too. At times, we watch Youtube and discuss what we see. There are lots and lots of things to do with children..
happy.gif

Chaye,
Hope u are feeling much better now...
happy.gif

Back