(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

wahhhhh steph! Z so hot temper one ah? If it were me, i wouldnt know what to do also leh. Last time Rylee also did one time walk away kind of thing, but it was in the house so i let her be cos it's safe. And we did teach her before the emotions of anger is very empowering and that it's wrong to throw, scream or hit. Just go for a walk. And let out steam. And that's what she did. Actually walking it off is very good for anger. No need to negotiate, bargain, threaten, etc. Pointless at the time of anger peak. Now i usually let myself and her cool down first before talking "philosophy" with her! hahahaha

Sometimes i think think so scary to imagine them in teenage years doing this!

QQ
Hey, is ur mobile gonna be on roaming? Call me when u arrive ok? Can fix in advance. Jus now i met up with Lynn and Rayden (who hv same birthday as Rylee) and the 2 Rs were running around so happily. Soooooo cute!

Talking about tantrum , I find that ever since I bc to work. I Havent been scolding or raising my voice leh. Perhaps I really cannot be sahm. Working is the Only choice for me although I really hope that I will be sahm again

Shannonb, I did pelangi spree many rounds, the delivery was pretty fast one.

Prataqueen, usually ss will drop when u have period cuz bm is made from your blood. It happened to me too. Ss came bc after period

Steph
I peifu u for not hitting Z. I will be shock if T walks away like tat and duno wat to do. Scary hor.

I am also a bad temper mum. Always shouting and beating them especially javin. It's not tat I wanna beat them sometimes really cannot control, kids are really naughty. Sometimes really feel like going to find a full time job then I will have more patience with them.

Hi, everyone, we r back from hk. It was a good trip, not as bad as I thought traveling with 2 kids under 4 without maid or grandparents support. Good family bonding time.
happy.gif

RaeAnne loves Disneyland, I am amazed that she is not afraid of the moving rides at all. But she loves her hotel room best, refuse to go out of her room to eat or shop. :p

Well, we r back but my maid is not coming back from her home leave, as we half suspected. Will switch Raeanne to full day cc n not be hiring any more maids for the time being. Need to look for a part time cleaner for weekends, anyone can recommend a trustworthy one that I can just leave the keys with her? Kum siah!
happy.gif

Mom2nat, RaeAnne is at elfa cc, tampines central cc.
happy.gif

Steph
Wah, u good temper. I would have blown my top! I v tired scolding n beating, but oso dunno how to stop them from fighting.

Kitsune
Nice to hear u had a gd trip! Hee... Now u motivated to have #3? Since u quite pro with 2 kids Liao!!

Mom2nat, hehe, no lar, holidaying is different leh. I find it easier cos no need to cook, wash or clean. ;)

I would like 3 kids but now dun dare to think liao. Timing very bad leh, first embarking on new career, then no maid liao, hubby also not keen. Who will help me look after baby when I need to work? :p

Have you decided whether to send Elliot to CC? Which one?
happy.gif

Hi,

Would any one of you be keen to host a complimentary skin care class at the comfort of your own home at a timing that is convenient for you? (you can be the hostess & invite a couple of your friends over to pamper yourselves)

You will learn the right ways to cleanse your face and get to try out great products, all hands-on.
Best is with no obligations and most importantly no hardselling

Please feel free to email me ([email protected]) or PM me for more details.

happy.gif

Hi all

How is everyone? Been bz since boys are having holidays and I am so busy with them and nagging or scolding them till I tired...

Mom2nat, I also feel like sending #2 to CC while I focus on Kor Kor then next yr focus on him since Kor Kor will be in pri 1 & #2 in K1 cuz both disturb each other when want to teach them or #2 will monkey c monkey do and follow Kor kor...driving me nuts...

Mom2nat, yes true, cost is an issue for me too, that's why not keen to put Mei Mei in cc until she is 3-4 yrs old. The most daily 2 hr at RC playgroup first. Cheaper, $140 every mth only.
happy.gif

Elfa is not bad, I like it that they have fairly healthy foods, enrichment options in afternoon. Gym for 3 yr old, speech n drama n phonics for 4 yr old, pianica for 5 yr olds etc. Good for my super sticky RaeAnne who will not attend any external classes unaccompanied. :/

Curriculum wise, frankly not the most ks around, eg they only need the 3 yr old kids to know 1-6, n ABC, understand simple english vocabulary. But when i ask why my gal cannot read words or write her own name yet compared to the other smarter peers, the principal always reassures me no need to make them learn now through rote learning, they r too young, give her more time, cos they will learn when they r 4 or 5. For elfa, when the kids reach k1 n k2, it is more intensive, they have english n chinese spelling tests very often. I think their Chinese curriculum is good, my gal really learnt a lot of new Chinese words n a lot of Chinese songs.
happy.gif

And they bring the kids on excursions quite often (parents no need to follow). So far, RaeAnne has been to biennial exhibition at Kallang airport n coming Thurs, she will be going to the Bird Park. I like that they dun mind the hassle of bringing kids out to give them more exposure. Saves me the trouble too cos some faraway kiddy places I am not very keen to go. :p

Best thing about Cc is that they r open almost everyday so I dun need to tear out my hair over the kids during the school hols. And if I want to bring her out eg. When we went to hk, i let her ponten school last tues - fri. ;p

Mummies who asked about where to get the enzyme sweets, I saw it yesterday at natures harvest, Fu Lu shou complex, bugis.

pixie,
yes please let me noe, thanks!

kitsune,
did u hold back ur maid's pay? mine came back from home leave 2 weeks ago, wasnt too happy as her hb wants her to give more $ and her son doesnt recognise her n calls her auntie. im sure now she will set her mind to work hard n earn more $. ;p

tongtong,
any remedy for itchy throat? been having this problem since last week, makes me cough even more.

thanks mylife!

luca
no take leave. im supposed to be back at work last fri but my boss suggested that i take leave so that i can come back to work on monday, and zhun zhun monday is my bday...and to take another day of leave again...hmmm....not that keen, want to reserve for my bb leh

Pixie ,bc to work lots of thing to follow up or not? U took 2 mths or 3 mths ah?

Luca, gargle with salt , best sea salt or bamboo salt. Or gargle with apple cider. Drink enzyme, rest a lot. Drink more water ya

luca
no celebration, yest hb n xandall went to select a cake we all gluped it down in a seating lol
and this yr, finally my boy can sing happy bday to me full song liao

Luca, yes in a way I did cos she is supposed to pay me back for returning air ticket then i refund her when she return but she got no $ so I hold onto her ATM card as warranty. But she is willing to forego everything. :p

kisune, maid woes. but luckily RA is in cc and RL is around 18mths liao, shld be easier to manage. did u tried to call ur maid n find out why she dint return?

Kitsune
Thanks for the review. V comprehensive
happy.gif
Which cc isit at? How much r the fees?
Elfa is the same as the Eileen cc at simei cc? My fren said the Chinese prog there GD.

Aqua, yup, luckily I already tried my best to limit the 'damages' if she does not return by only letting her go off in early June after Mei Mei turns 18 mths and while hubby is having school hols. So that even if she doesn't return, I still got half a month to adjust the kids to a new routine with an extra pair of hands at home. Cos actually her work permit only ends in end July so I can let her go back home leave in July but that will be much more disruptive for us if she doesn't return.

This morning, went to talk to RaeAnne's CC, she can switch to full day on 16 June but in the beginning we will pick her up early ie. after her nap to slowly phase her in from 2+pm, then 3+pm, then 4+pm then full day. Went to check with RC playgroup downstairs too and Mei Mei can join immediately cos by end June, they will have 2 students dropping out. Also contacted a part time cleaner who is supposed to come on Wed pm. So, things are moving along. But the only thing that will be affected is RL's toilet training cos I'm not keen to train her if I am going to be the one doing all the washing and moppiing and dun think I'll successfully toilet train her in less than 2 weeks before hubby's school hols end. :p Sat morning and Mon morning, RA already peed on her queen size bed twice, got to wash bedsheet and mattress protector 2 days in a row.
sad.gif

Mom2nat, you are welcome.
happy.gif
Yes, mine is Eileen CC at Tampines Central CC. Changi-Simei CC is another branch, one of the Feb08 mummies sends her gal there. My friend sends all her 3 kids (now aged 7, 6 & 4) to the Pari Burong branch and she was happy so she recommended Elfa to me.

Fees are $470 for half day and $670 for full day for SAHM. If FTWM, it'll be $470 and $520. But enrichment eg. weekly gym is $40 per term (ie. 3 mths) and speech & drama got to pay extra. Phonics is part of their curriculum for 4 yrs olds (NurserY), taught by their teachers so no need to pay extra. I just filled up a form to 'reserve' a place for Raelynn starting Jan 2012 for their Prenursery 2 (kiasu cos they are already full this yr). The teacher told me if I dun reserve, can only put RL in Mar 2012. :p

Thanks, tongtong for the sms. Aiyah, should have tompang you to buy then I collect from your hubby (he still works at Tampines?) cos nowadays not so easy for me to go out and run errands cos got to cook, and clean for the gals. :p

My colleague just came back from her 3 weeks leave to Toronto where her sister and family stay. She told me her niece who is now 7 yr old is studying there. Happy go lucky one. Everyday lesson from 9am - 4pm. Come back no homework. No spelling. They based a lot on speech and presentation. Her niece can talk very well, present very well but she cannot even spell Four and Seven. My coll look at her niece's work. She has a lot of spelling mistakes on her report but teacher still mark it right. Never correct the kids at all. Strange hor. Recent presentations are about Seeds. The kids are supposed to collect different types of seeds and present it to the class. What fruits have 1 seed, which fruits have many seeds kind. Interesting right. Compared to SG, study pass exam mentality. Really different education system. Do we want our children to have this kind of education ? But she can see her sister is less stress tho compared to in Singapore previously cos her niece cannot really read or write at age 5 and 6 !

Btw, my colleague is an Indon and her sister and family migrated to Toronto.

Aqua, oh ya, I tried calling my maid a few times but her Sg HP doesn't work. supposed to cancel her work permit today but I told my agent to call the filipino agent so that I can talk to my maid personally one last time first before I cancel her permit and throw all her belongings away. :p

Pixie, so good that x sang u bday song! Shaun has become very very shy , didnt want to sing me the song on my birthday when he sat in front of the cake. Kept giving me the paiseh look leh.

Pauline, my hubby no lOnger working at tampines Liao wo.

hehe thanks tongtong,

my ML not wasted lor, in a way, i achieve lots. x1 is now able to sleep on his own, no more diapers at night; x2 is more settled with regards to sleep patterns, and now sleeps as early as 7pm, latest is 8pm....thats the time i wanted lor...
3.5mths passed by very fast but im so looking forward to spend more long weekends with my bb. today first day oredi pasted her photographs onto my desk divider. my desk wall is officially FULL with my kids pictures
i have 34 photographs slapped onto the wall LOL

pixie,
So proud of you and X1! Diaperless at night is still long way to go for B. But B surprised me today cos I forgot to put on diaper for him when he had his afternoon nap. I realised when it's about time for him to wake up, quickly check his pants wet or day...keke. Lucky he didn't pee so I woke him up to pee and praised him all the way lor...haha. Maybe I can start trying for afternoon naps but his mattress don't have waterproof padding so have to bring out to sun if he wets the bed.

yes i am here reporting:p

pixie,
what shoe u wearing to work today?
hey u looked pretty w/o braces woh! and somehow your complexion looked v good (or u haven off makeup?) last evening! Looks like the daily mask doing a gd job ya.

steph
errrrrrrrr
maybe coz i off the lights in living room??! coz i oredi OFF makeup liao lah
i put ampoule yesterday morning and today morning, dunno if that helps? i stopped applying mask coz too tired to wait for 10mins to pass
happy.gif

i wore slippers to work today, then reached office, just try my best not to walk lor muahahha, coz even flats HURTS

btw, i dun like whisper, i get mei mei itch from whisper

all i never went there n eat before. i v suaku hor, i really not foodie person...
hey steph, yest we drove to boon lay market for supper, whole market closed leh! in the end swing to the coffeeshop nearby and got chix wing rice n share

btw, i fell in love with the chendol there! got 1 dessert stall near chicken rice stall in the middle one....very nice...so nowadays everywhere i go i order chendol LOL

kitsune,

Elfa cc seems good. You take bus to bring her there everyday or walk? it seems far to walk from your place leh...

Back