(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

jess
which one u go to? coz got a few rite in the whole row
i always go bedok interchange n cut/dye
but if they never open, then maybe i will dye opp my workplace 1st and wait for my stylist to be back and cut my hair.

pixie
i go to the one facing the open space... can see the zi char coffee shop one~... i think they are not too bad as compared to the rest~...

mandy
i think bernice and the other lady both have lala flavour one. i do not have the URL...
can check with steph?? hee

mandy,
bernice no BP now, maybe u can sms/call her at 94882684 to check/order. The other lady is Yuki but right now also no BP.

jess
u tried their what services? cut hair only? or got dye?
the newer shop (beside the standalone chap chye png shop/stall) is no good? they have adverts outside the shop and seems like hairstylist more "trendier"?? u tried them before?

Kam, u drive to work, then ur hubby takes mrt? yea agree with pixie, you are spoilt by driving la, aahah

Jess, ur dad doesn’t want Javier to be in cc issit? Why not u let them take care and send Javier to playgroup instead. At least he still can learn ma

pixie
i cut, perm, colour, rebond there b4.. haha..
the newer shop i think too trendy for me. i see their stylist i dun like lei.. not my style. haha... so see if u wana give which one a try~...

tongtong
my dad has to work. so he say he want to hire maid for my mum if i let her take care. but i dun have such earning powers to hire a maid for them. but he keep saying he say for it. i mean, i dun want them to spend such $ for me. if really want to hire a helper, my hubby would rather hire and put in our own house so tat gt ppl to cook for his parents and do housework... plus still got alot of other problems... its all about $..

tongtong,
My hubby drives until dover, then he takes train to town. Then I take over and drive lo. Parking in town is terrible lah, so ex, and not forgetting the ERP also leh.

jess
i leave it up to my stylist
everytime i tell him to do what he thinks its ok..
my hair very out of shape liao usually i cut it very short.
should be a dye + trim....he say grow long, but i dont like leh

mandy,
imp both otah supplier also good. You gotta see which one more convenient for you as in collection point. I like prawn & LaLa flavour. Fish also not bad.

pixie,
your hair so short liow, u still wanna cut or trim only? don't want to keep long hair ah? I am keeping mine cos wanna perm next year!

pixie,
oh just read yr post abv...dye as in color, same hor? or plus highlight? hair salon always recommend to do treatment for scalp/ends, keep long hair etc...otherwise if long hair, will ask u to rebond/perm etc so they got business mah:p

steph
my hair used to be long long, coz dunno what to do with it....and my hair is very de thick
so when i changed to this stylist, he gave me a very short bob but it made me looked younger (i think??!!)...so i liked short hair...old liao mah...u know perm hair/long hair always looks more mature rite...
but must maintain le...very fast the bob out of shape i must go trim. plus my bangs oso...
my hair grows at an incredible rate. i can trim hair every 1.5mths and everytime after a cut, my hair all over the floor

i wanna try perming but wherever i go, all the stylists say not suitable for me

i wanna CUT! but my gd fren wedding is next sat, i scared cut until very luan and i dont like. so maybe trim to a shape, and after her wedding, i'll go back to salon again to chop it off!!

steph
my hair virgin, never highlight before muahahaah
but must dye, got i got loads of white hair (since pri 6!!)
good thing about this salon is they wont recommend you to do stuff unless necessary.

I still got to tahan my messy hair until next mth. Then can go Reds to cut and rebond coz it is my birthday mth and have discounts... My hair has not been rebonded for 1.5 yr liao. Super frizzy!

Mummies,
I am ordering Japan skincare/cosmetics from my supplier again coz my facial wash and mascara are running out.

Anyone want to order too? Can refer to my blog for the products. http://japankaimono.blogspot.com/
For the prices, it is already include shipping from Jpn to SGP (but not local postage). Also please deduct $1 from the prices stated coz special discounts for Jan 2008 mummies.

Let me know by end of this week, ok?

krystle
ur voice is back liao rite? better?
bday mth got what discounts ah??

since we are toking about hair...
1. do you have any particular hair salon/sytlist?
location/charges/services/reasons?

maybe hor, we all can see and maybe useful for some mummies who needs a cut/perm/colour but dunno who is good etc

pixie,
i see. my hair oso used to be very long for my wedding period (photoshoot) only. I love short hair too, easy to maintain, used less shampoo (save $) & towel dry easily at night after late clubbing etc:p I agree perm hair will look more mature but if stylist know how to do it the correct or proper way, it will enhance your face shape/feature! Now i die die stick to my usual stylist cos i tired many other stylist, all say i am not suitable for perm hair. I don't care, i just wanna have a change & try cos always so boring long straight hair...i see until sian liow. So, i ask my stylist (now) to give it a try (3yrs ago) & he agreed to the challenge & bingo it looked great on me...i got a big face so it helps to divert the attention of my big face to my hair leh. Plus with the right color, the perm hair looked great. I like it very much but hor difficult to maintain (i lazy) as need to apply haircare to keep the curls in shape etc. else hair looked like Pong Sai Kao aka fluffy dog kind:p I went & do rebond after 6mths!hehe...

Pixie,
Voice is back but still a bit hoarse. Cannot talk too long or it will go softer and softer loh. At Reds, birthday mth has 30% off all hair services. That's why I also wait until Feb then do rebonding. In other mth, it is 15% off all hair services.

1. Reds Bugis Junction. Stylist: Kelvin. Like rebonding there coz can last up to 1.5 years. Then the stylist + his asst will do the rebonding for you (I went to Kimage before and the rebonding was done by assts but I was paying the master stylist price!). Then got refreshment + biscuit to eat. Hahaha.

OK, shall wait for your order.

Hi mummies, me reporting. ;-) 38 weeks and still no sign of going into labor soon. Maybe another one born on EDD or overdue? ;-)

Steph: for Z, if you want to train him to like reading, just put alot of books around the house and before his bed time, you just read it out loud to get his attention. Buy/ borrow books with lot of bright pics. First they will get attracted with the pix, and secondly, they will love to read w/o you knowing abt it.

For any other games, like what Kam said, there is no point to "force" them play at this young age. They have to play it with joy and passion and they will love doing it again and again.

tongtong: I agree, if we was in sg, surely I will get stressed abt which school to send my kids to. Coz my hubby family is very particular abt sending kids to the best school in the world. Can you imagine, all his family and cousins went to Raffle schools, stanford, etc. Some of the cousins already chose which school to send their kids to when kids are only barely 1 years old. I can faint! I choose to relax on my kids coz I want them to enjoy childhoods other than being stress. I think I am one of the relax mummy.

hi girls,
had a bad day, my co resignees all 'chu pattern', noproper handover to staff, juz throw an outstanding list.. another one even worse, tender liao, dunwan to take on any portfolio.since nothing to do, co early release her, insist co must pay her . refuse to even help to do admin or ans calls. go lunch and go appointments also dun inform us...
lots of patterns!

aqua
wah.. so jialat... do u need to cover her work for nw?
just ignore her ba. wat u describe sounds like my exec.. haha.. and she didnt resign lor.

pixiepixel, your memory so good, I can't even remember the subjects I did back in poly. I was from NP, accountancy. I hate it man. Wa, you super hiong man, skin head, you must have been really in poly. My results suck, out of 30 subjects 10 subjects I had to take the supplementary paper, end up the diploma also like shit. Wanted to drop out and go overseas study, but my dad insisted that I finished up the diploma first. But in the end, when he wanted me to go overseas I say I wanna get married leow. LOL.

icy, your results so good.

Twinkystar, ya I agree it was good. Its the first show I watched in 3 years since the 2 babes came along. Me and hubbie commented, long time never go pak tor and watch show, end up the show plus popcorn, plus parking plus dinner was like 50 plus. We never ever buy 2 tubs of popcorn, but that day we actually bought 1 each. Goes to show how deprived we were.

blessedbaby
I suppose #2 schedule would be similar to #1? I am only 32 weeks and I also can't stand it already.

Krystle,
OMG...we were in the the same batch in NYP! Same campus some more but I was in Risk and Insurance Mgt. I have some friends in your course but doing in HR
happy.gif

I also go to REDS. Have been supporting my hair stylist, Kai, for 10 years liao! He started out as a very humble stylist at Bugis Junction then moved to manager at Suntec and now is Director at Orchard Ion. I introduced my hubby to him and now he's a even more loyal customer than me...hahaha! But now that he's a director, it's more ex liao but we'll stick with him no matter where he goes.

Jess,
I also object to nationalise preschool education. Those parents are all too kiasu liao. Our kids have to study for 13 years (min.) still want to stress them during their preschool years?? Their precious childhood years are getting shorter and shorter liao...During our time, we can still relax in primary school but nowadays primary 1 already so stressed!

Icy,

Ya, normally the delivery date and signs are rather similar. It happened to me. Only diff is that my #1 is induced and #2 is contractions pains.

Yvonne,
Zhu-baby is Kam? Ok, noted.

You in same batch as me and in RI??? Hahaha. Then I might have know or seen you leh. Which class? I was in MK302, marketing. Do you know Joyce Cheo? She is from RI. We went to the same uni and still kept in contacts.

icy, blessedbaby, mine both overdue. #2 is even later than the #1. Both cases water bag never burst, but #2 I ate full full then went in hospital to report. Both also long delivery, but #2 was way much better. Can understand the wait, I waited till 41 week for #2, already in agony. Was waiting for water bag burst at midnight kind of drama, but didnt happen.

Icy: somehow, I dont want to deliver so early. Coz still want to spend time with my girl even though my tummy is super heavy now and very hard to walk or get up from bed. But, I still enjoy and didn't expect #2 to come out early.
If #1 & #2 have same sign of labor and delivery, then I will rest for another 2 weeks. Evil mummy. :-(

anglesky: according to last check up, bb not engaged yet. The midwife here said #2 only engages when I am in labor, so right now, the bb head still in and out (floating). Hehhehe

jess, i duno. mebe my boss assume me or my colleague will 'take over'? dunwan to care so much, pple think i difficult, wan to tekan them.
actualli, my boss is the one who 'release their clearance' let them go, later find out, nobody know wat to do...then ask me be the 'evil guy' to followup.

and the other resignee, happy happy come to wrk at 915 or 930am, then disappear from office. come back at 10plus, then 11 plus disappear untill 1.45pm come back office?
las week, she disappear from 12 to 3pm...

blessedbaby, jiayou... it is nice to let no.2 stay in tummy longer.once bb is out, u will be v busy, must enjoy now.

angelbaby
Thanks! Saw your Vera pic on FB, she looked so chubby, is she still on BF?

Krystle, angelsky, blessedbaby
#2 seemed heavier and more tiring than #1. My #1 born on EDD with the waterbag bust. I hope #2 labour will be shorter.. by 1/2!!

so blessedbaby
Your EDD is end Jan? My #2 seemed more active.. mummies with 2 or more, so do u find it true that u have one easy and one more difficult baby?

luca
the gd thing about this current job is very flexible, no OT. but bad is my exec is disgusting, pay low, no job advancement.

the new job: gd is higher pay, got job advancement but got certain amount of OT and abit further away from my house.

actually no big concerns holding me back.. hahaa...

Back