(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

Chaye,

Agent told my hubby that my maid is still undergoing training + doing paperwork in Phil. Tentative date is 18 jan but till now still no news leh.

Janbb,
The contractor will not finish the whole renovation by that date stated in the notice. Coz I think the date is meant for major hacking and renovation items. For carpentry, installation work, they will still carry on one. Coz it also happened to me. I was due in Sep and my neighbour was renovating in Sep too. My MIL so worried that will affect my pregnancy and even confronted them. Think later they paiseh and inform me politely that they need to do the reno. luckily the 1st day of reno, I already gave birth and stayed at my mum's place for confinement. But even when I was back from confinement, they are still renovating loh.

Chaye, thnx! erm, wat's that waiver bond? I can get the agency to do it rite? Paisay huh, first time blur blur la..;p

Re: Maids

I also think that character wise cannot be changed. I am too sick of these maids already. Since Javin is born till now i have got 6 maids. Only the previous one worked a yr then say wanna go home. Now looking for a indo maid who is ex sin. Ex UAE also cannot work out cos communication and hygiene is a prob.

jacelyn, thats we sayang our maid, she is with us 7 months, from Indo but hardworking so far and very clean (crossing my fingers).

We dont really restrict her activities, if she finish her work and usually she does, she can bring my gal out for a walk and talk to her friends in the estate.

Though we do remind her to be careful and not make friends anyhow la. So far so good. Our family is quite big and also tonnes of things to do, so we try not to overload her as well.

JanBB, I not only aunty, but VERY VERY aunty :p

Janbb,
Me too...more and more aunty now...hahaha.
One example is when I was buying the bed guard from Takashimaya. There were 2 models but no samples/display to look at. The description on the box did not even mention the measurements (the most important thing!!) so I checked with the sales person and ask her to open the box for me. She said cannot cos it will spoil the box and told me the 2 designs should be about the same length. I shoot her in the face "Should be or confirmed?"...she paiseh. I told her if I buy back and the length is not right, I'm the one who have to bring it back for exchange and it's not exactly very light lor. So she bo bian gotta call the supplier to check and indeed the lengths were different. When she realised her mistake, her attitude changed immediately and she quickly talk to me so nicely. Can't stand these people...never do their jobs properly still want to give me attitude....hahaha...me also very aunty right? I would have walked away in the past but now I will not hesitate to make my point.

i have another aunty example too.
we went to fish & co for dinner last sunday. they have the kids menu and we ordered fish n chips/rice. we ordered the rice.
x loved the rice but i was slicing the fish into bits, and upon trying the batter, i found it to be very very salty. so i gave him the meat part only.
i told the floor manager that the batter is very salty for me (as an adult), let alone a child. and this is a kid's menu for goodness sake!
he said the batter came from supplier and there were no such complains from customers in the afternoon. but i told him he should try the fish and maybe feedback to supplier or what lor.
my hb said nevermind. but my point is, x can eat it but eventually the next kid, next kid, and the rest of the kids who patronise fish&co is going to eat "salted fish" for their lunch/dinner?
i cant live with that guilt.

Jacelyn,
I think i am quite lucky, can stayed at home and watch the maid. So I just command and she does her work. Only have exp as housemaid in her hometown.

All these maids searching really depends on luck. Think agencies also doesnt make much of a differences except for the after service when we encounter a bad maid.

pixie, what you did was very right- to point out to the manager about the saltish batter. hope he can do something about it for the better of our kids!

nex, when u stayin? we are located at parkway. what position u keen? admin or acc?
u can wrk full time or par time?

hihi

Receive my Utilities bill last nite. WAH $147 for mth of Dec leh. Maid+2 kids at home during the day. Both of us working. like tat $147 leh. very high hor...

HOw's your utility bills look like har ?

Mummies,
My hubby shared that one of the guy from car forum wrote to Mac about the Doraemon collection. See what mac says:

Dear ________,

Thank you for your interest in McDonald’s Doraemon Lucky Charms collection.

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide customers with exclusive collectibles only available at McDonald’s, we brought in a Doraemon collection that consists of 12 designs. With Valentine’s Day coinciding with the 1st day of the Lunar New Year, we decided to include a Cupid Doraemon in the series. We seek your understanding that the Doraemon Lucky Charms promotion was never intended as a zodiac collection.

We thank you for your feedback and wish you a prosperous new year.

Yours sincerely,
Veronica Tan
On Behalf of Claudia Yeo
Communications Department | McDonald's Restaurants Pte Ltd

Very "fei", right? I decided to boycott this Doraemon collection.

Hi mummies,

Re Maids,
i think really depends on luck. My phil maid who is with us for 5 months is still blur, slow and forgetful. But she plays well with my girl and can take care of her comfortably.Her attitude towards us is good.Still observing once she goes for her off, how will she behave.

Jacelyn,
are all the 6 maids from the same maid agency?

i also agree getting a good maid depends on luck, be it phil or indo.

aqua, stayin in SK ley, got ft/pt admin huh
happy.gif
can reach me at [email protected]

Kitsune,
Yes! How can they say it is not intended for zodiac collection? THen why that specific 11 other animals? Why don't intro deer, giraffe, lion, hippo etc? Stupid explanation. I bet tmr they will publish in ST forum to reply your letter.

Mummies,

Do you give off the shelf medicine to your kids once they turn 2 years old? My girl only have minor runny nose, the flu med from PD has expired..so wondering if i can just get a kids one from pharmacy.

Luvv, i read from many sources that it's not good to give otc medicine to your toddlers below 5 or 6 years old. Since ur gal has only minor runny nose, take natural remedies will do.

USA Grad Student Research with Singapore Parents - Quick Survey

I am a graduate student at the University of St. Thomas in the United States (Minnesota), currently participating in a study abroad course in Singapore at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technical University.

For my doctorate program I am conducting a research study in which I am requesting your assistance. The study is to learn more about couple's relationship as they take on the role of parenthood. Since this website is designed for parents, I thought you and/or someone you knew may be interested in helping me with this project. I am hoping to compare my data from USA parents to Sinagpore parents.

This may or may not apply to you. If you doesn't, please forward this to people you know so it can reach other first-time parents who may want to participate. Thanks for your help!

Do you meet the following criteria? Do you know someone who does?

* Have you had your first (and only) child in the past six months to two years?
* Do you live with the co-parent?
* Is it the first child for both partners?
* Do you want to share information that could help other couples transition into parenthood?

If you answered YES to these questions, and are 18 years of age or older, you are eligible to participate in this parenting research study. This survey is being conducted through an online questionnaire and is estimated to only take 5-10 minutes to complete.

To start the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste it into your Internet browser.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=odvEJo1BPt_2bCF3hlE7BK7g_3d_3d

If you have questions about this study, e-mail [email protected] or contact Dr. Kurt Gehlert at the University of St. Thomas Graduate School of Professional Psychology at (651) 962-4656 or the University of St. Thomas Institutional Review Board at (651) 962-5341.

Participation in this survey is completely voluntary. All information will be kept confidential. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Robyn Maley

Went down to SK Gain City to book air con just now cos last day of promotion, can get $150 choice vouchers for system 3 air con. But end up the panasonic which I like can't install at my house cos the compressor too high and my window too low and blocked by window grilles. The Mitsubishi is OOS until Mar and it does not have self clean or any special filter/ionizer function etc. And we don't intend to clean the aircon ourselves so no point. End up choosing the LG for the above features but don't trust korean brand so got extended 5-yr warranty. Total damage including upgrading the piping still costs $3300+. Can still change my mind cos installation is next Fri. The other brand I was considering is Toshiba cos the compressor made in Japan. :p

Anyone using LG air con? Any comments?

hi mummies
i have been so busy these few days with housework and Javier. and since last nite, he has been having small little rashes on his body... so nw, we suspect its 'wind rash'.
do u all have any suggestion hw i should deal with it? nw we just apply calamine lotion. tomorrow going back to work already. still very worried about Javier... haiz..

Morning, mummies.

My cough is still not getting better. Very sian. Today got dinner appt with friends, scared they will mind my cough.

Jess,
If there is not a lot of rashes, maybe just apply the calamine lotion and monitor the situation. No fever right? So fast working today? Thought you will only go back to office next Mon.

krystle
haiz... no more rashes as of this morning. no fever too. ya.. on leave for 3 days le. so come back today. and my colleagues told me tat exec like very angry. but i see from my system, she didnt complete much work. haiz...

this morning i sent Javier to sch. so sad cos he kept crying. then teacher told me have to learn to let go... so she carried him away and i left. but i can hear him crying. i am so sad nw

Krystle,
Cough can be very persistance one leh. You take good care, ya.

Jess,
Glad that Javier is ok. If he is not running a fever, ya, don't worry too much. Yes, you have to let go. That time when HR switched from infant care to playgroup, he cried for 2-3 weeks every morning we sent him there. He already knew the teachers, and already familiar with the environment, he still needed 2-3 weeks to settle down leh. So, yes, let go, it's ok to let him cry, I know it's really heartpain, but you gonna endure if you think (and believe) childcare is good for him. He would do just fine when you is comfortable with the teachers/friends/environment. He may take a few weeks to settle down. The funny thing was his teacher told me once I closed the door and left, he stopped crying immediately and started to play with his friends/toys. Duh! Don't forget our toddlers still use crying as a way of communication.

Kam
thanks for the consoling words. definitely helpful cos u r experience in this area. we are just worried he keep crying non stop. haiz. and cos he is still not used to the nap time, he doesnt nap these few days. i can see tat the teachers there are all very nice and i trust them. but still, worried. and today is the 1st time i drop him there and leave for work. so its my dad who fetched us over to CC. he say, see already his heart very pain...

jess, i tink javier is fine. most kids cried during the first week, some even lasted a mth.
mummies mus be strong n dun be 'soft-hearted', v sooon, u will see an independent javier!

Jess,
HR's teacher told me that day they are too used to crying kids in the beginning of the year (lots of newbies). She said for almost all kids, once they have cried enough, they will settle down nicely, she said it seems like they are trying to cry out all their fear :) And she said EVERY kid sure cry (in her >10 years of experience), if cry on the 1st day of school, then usually easier to settle down. If don't cry on 1st and 2nd day, then 3rd day sure cry until very jialat and take longer to settle down. She said they are very happy if the kid cries on the 1st day :)

thanks all for the concern. so touched
happy.gif

ya, i believe he will grow up to be independent too. but the process so heartbreaking hor...

luca
nopz. he is in another CC now. I have withdraw him from the previous one.

kam
wahahha. i actually find tat Javier cried minimum in the 1st 3 days. -_-" sweatz. when i went to peep at him, he looks find. just tat he is very clingy to his teacher. but its also hard on the teacher cos she has to tend to other kids as well. so i guess off and on she have to let Javier go and cry it out ... keke..

jess, my girl starts cc in march. hopefully better coz most of the kids shld hav settle liao... i also dunwan a group of kids crying loud together, too tough for the teachers to control

aqua
currently Javier's class including him only 6 kids. 3 are seasoned one. only 3 news ones. so 2 teachers coping well.
definitely neg~
happy.gif
Thanks...

jess, good! i will show to my boss later.
but if he wan to meet u for interview during weekends , ok for u?
coz his wife is joining our co nex mth, and she onli available to do interview weekends or weedays evenings.

Back