(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

kitsune,

Don't buy Daikin. Sucks, faulty in less than 5 years. Noisy also. But quite easy on utilities bills. Coz we on aircon every night and the electricity bill seldom hits $100.

I think Mitsubishi looks good too. But if change the whole system, then they need to tear down the pipes and wiring right? Very troublesome... My mum wants to change for her house too but faced this issue. Some wires are hidden in the customized wardrobes. If change, have to dismantle the wardrobes... Headaches.

Chaye, I was thinking of panasonic inverter too cos it is about $500 cheaper than Mitsubishi starmex if pick older model. Does yours have the e-ion purifying system?

Krystle, I was thinking of Daikin but it's not cheap and the trade in offer ended liao. Ya lor, but my old aircon is more than 11 years old (from ex owner) so if buy new aircon but don't change piping, also a bit risky cos piping price already included in installation. :p

Anyone has cheap lobang for air con? I think courts and best denki should be quite steep right? :p

kitsune,
It's Tots House. Not really issue warning lah. Was just chatting with the teacher about B and she said he's quite stubborn and may not be ready yet. Some children cry but they will still play and stay on their seats. But B will cry and insist the english teacher carry him lor. And this will lead to other kids demanding to be carried as well. The english teacher is the "main" teacher so she can't be carrying B and conducting the class at the same time. I can understand cos the teachers also need to attend to other kids, cannot just carry B for 2 hrs right? We'll still continue but if it doesn't improve then we'll decide.

But I was thinking B may not find the class intertesing enough so he keeps crying? If the activities were more engaging, he might get distracted more easily and stop crying? Just a thought lah. Can you share with me Raeanne's activities in pg?

kitsune,

Don't buy FujiElectric. Sucks too! compressor faulty in less than 3yrs! Changed a brand new one last year but burnt...not sure of real cause. Noisy also & not easy on utilities bills, monthly hit $150 easily, we on air-con every nite for 2 rooms.

kitsune
mine's toshiba but i onz them for like less than 5 times since i installed them 4 yrs ago so cant tell u reliable or not.
and never service them hohoho

Kistune,
My Mitsubushi already 10 years liao. Quite good but we also intend to change cos we need to install in B's future room as well. But we'll probably stick to Mitsubishi again.

Yvonne, RaeAnne's PG activities also quite boring. Morning, they will play with toys first. Then when all the kids are in, the teachers will read books using big story books, play education VCDs and the kids sit on the floor (but some will stand and some will do their own things eg. climb under the table too). 10am is tea break time (she will do QC when the teachers sweep the floor), arts and crafts, songs and dance (she likes that too), play dough (she hates getting her fingers dirty), activity sheets (I'm sure the teachers hold her hand to do it cos she can't even write yet). Every mon is playground day so she loves that best.
happy.gif

Thanks, looks like should avoid daikin and Fujielectric then. ;)

Yvonne, your Mitsubishi not starmext right? Wondering if it's worth the extra $ to buy the Jack Neo model? :p

So, anyone has lobang for cheap aircon?
happy.gif

Kitsune,
Just my thoughts lah. Isn't better to change everything new? Coz if don't change piping, leaking may occur later (since use 10 years liao), and you will have to change again?

kitsune

YES ! mine is the e-ion purifying system one. if you want to purify u just on it if not u can off the purifying system.

I paid $2800 for system 3 with 100 ntuc vouchers

luca
u can choose color tees and colored wordings too.

steph
ya it's a good risk that u took!
happy.gif
i wanna add the crown initially but tot better keep it simple in the end cos i dun dare to take risk... :p i intend to let them wear for my wedding anniversary shot this weekend then maybe wear again for cny since RED color... haha! initially i got someone from BP to customise a family tee but the emboirdery machine spoilt so i go for my plan B ie let my kiddos wear the bhubu tee and i managed to customise my tee and hb tee as well... will b receiving mine & hb tees tonite and see if it looks good.
happy.gif

chaye
u wanna try this website? http://www.comboutique.asia/babybees. i design & ordered my & hb tees from there. will let u know if the quality is good or not tonite. they have kids size but only white color tee.
happy.gif

kistune
i m using toshiba inverter. so far so good and my monthly bill(water + electricity) is <$100 but i only switch on MBR aircon from 9.30am to 8am daily.

Kam,
Not my sil but my elder sis. She did it last sat. She did not want to do amnio cos have to wait until min. 16 weeks...by then baby quite big liao and if confirm then how? It would be even more heartbreaking to go through the procedure further into the pregnancy. Her results were really quite bad and that "fluid pouch" behind the neck (what they measure in oscar test) is very big and obvious. It's suppose to reduce in size for normal pregnancies but for her case, it's very big and obvious which our gynae have already noticed from the beginning. She say she doesn't want to try anymore cos she don't want to go through another experience like this.

Kitsune,
So about the same lor...quite boring hor? Compared to his lessons at bibinogs, I can understand why he's not that interested in this pg. Hmmm...hope things will improve tomorrow.

Mine is Mitsubishi Mr Slim...I think very old model.

krystle, yup I do want to change piping but not sure how the paint job and window recess cabinets will be affected after that. Sian...

Chaye, do you feel any difference in using the E-ion?

Yvonne, my Mitsubishi fridge is ok for 5 years and my mum's fridge still ok after 17 years so I quite trust the brand too. Just that must pay premium for Jack Neo lor.. Ya, PG is like that lor. That's why so cheap, mine only $130 per month. :p

oops kitsune I seldom on tat e-ion thingy. and I have not on my aircon for a while le cos my place quite windy
happy.gif

Yvonne,
Sad that your sis got to make such a tough decision. Indeed it is heartbreaking experience which none of us will want to go through. She is a tough mummy. Respect her decision if she thinks that is the best.

Kitsune,
Ya, sian indeed right? That's why my mum has been postponing the installation. She cannot bear seeing her customized wardrobes being teared one. And it is not only 1 but all rooms have the customized wardrobes.

Pauline,

I took Mitsubishi for both aircon and fridge. Mine is starmax but not the easy clean model as like Jack Neo's commercial. You can take the one without the "little fans". I check with Gain city can the sales person says the "little fans" are fragile and can break easily so I choose the model without the fans and is cheaper. I paid 4200 for system 4. I took the model number and opinons and went to get from the supplier which is my reno contractor's contact.

Krystle, ya lor, but the air con contractor I hired before said my piping is exposed type so think should be still ok. But paint job will definitely be affected I think.

Verene, good choice. Me and hubby also think realistically we won't bother to clean the air con ourselves cos too inaccessible and too much work. I went to check out Courts prices and they quoted me $3,300+ for the Star Mex. $500+ more expensive than Gain City. Faint, don't know whether it's the same model. :p So, was your contractor price cheaper than Gain City's?

Chaye, I was reading through the panasonic brochure. Quite keen on the e-ion thing cos it detects air quality and filters the air. Just wondering if we can switch on just the air filter to clean the air even if air con is not on because we don't switch on air con often.

Morning, mummies.

Just when we were discussing about aircon, my aircon leaked y'day night!!! Sian... Don't know what to do with it. Now need to ask people to service. Anyone has good aircon servicing lobang? Thanks.

kitsune, i was looking for the 'pig' too, was quite upset they dint sell. in the end, i bought the 'dragon' coz my hb born in dragon. perhaps, will juz get another 'horse' for myself.
my girl also a fan of doraemon

haha kitsune saw your article in ST ! Does it also mean that muslim will avoid giving birth in the year of PIG ? hohohohohoh.....

I got my aircon from this Mr Yap of Yap aircon services. I got his number thru recommendations too but I cant rem who :p memory loss. He can be contacted at 96362307. Just ask him for the price. He is ok.

Morning all,

MIA for sometime liao. Busy training the new maid who doesn't understand english. Dun understand and yet still want to argue with me, give me stupid excuses like baby crying when things are not done. Correct my english pronunciation to her Indonesia style. I was down with sore throat after coaching her for 3 days. Now still cannot decide whether to get another replacement or not. Cos she seems to be able to handle #2 already. Chane a new one wad if more jia lat? Dun change if i talk to her will make me go bonkers. As her english is really bad!!!! How??? My ML will end on 1 feb. So got to decide fast. Haiz, maids are nothing but trouble makers.

Kitsune,
Wow, great to see you posting that letter in forum. You really speaks on behalf of most of us here coz our toddlers were born in the year of pig. I was sad also that there was no pig. I already bought tiger, rabbit and dragon leh. Now I am very sian and decided not to buy to collect. BTW, my girl is also a Doraemon fan.

Steph,
Thanks for sharing aircon servicing contact. Is his charges ok?

jacelyn
you are still getting indon maid after so many tries ??? get a philippine one la.. at least they speak english. NO need vomit blood de. Pay a bit more for the comfort and they are cleaner when compared to Indon ones.

Pixie
omg this news actually happened in Singapore !

Kitsune,
Wow, great to see you posting that letter in forum. You really speaks on behalf of most of us here coz our toddlers were born in the year of pig. I was sad also that there was no pig. I already bought tiger, rabbit and dragon leh. Now I am very sian and decided not to buy to collect. BTW, my girl is also a Doraemon fan.

Steph,
Thanks for sharing aircon servicing contact. Is his charges ok?

Haha, thanks, but I was reading the comments. Some people think it's a frivolous letter and are laughing at my expense. Think they missed the point because I don't think over cautiousness is the way towards racial and religious harmony. Even a Muslim is amused on why pig soft toy is not allowed. I hope MUIS clarifies what is allowed and what is not. ;)

Steph,
Hubby just contacted his relative to come down on sat to do the servicing. Thanks.

Anyway, hubby also says he want to change just 1 fancoil/aircon unit which is in the MBR. Coz that one is frequently used and always breakdown. Any recommendation on retailer doing only 1 fancoil? Thanks.

Chaye,

I have tried Pil maids too. They are not difficult to handle than Indo maids though they can speak english. Non of them work here for more than 6months. Mil is very naggy so Phil maids can't stand people scold nor nag!!! This is wad my mil will do to them. Working in a 2 storey hse cum hse work cum take care baby. Very siong lor. This current one she is willing to work but she has got a bit of attitude prob and cannot speak english well. really need time to train her up!!!

jacelyn
I also learning how to train maids. But i think attitude very hard to correct leh.. slow or dunno how to do, can still teach.

jacelyn
Ya these phil maids will back off when they c big houses one. my coll change many maids cos he stays 3 storey building. Every time the maid came they will say wanna go back agent. cos they cannot handle such big house and children too.

Chaye,
Maids can't handle elderly well too. In their biodata, they will write everything ok. But when come here, everything is not ok. BTW, I still don't know when my maid is coming. Hahahah.

Maid

Help help pls....Can i ask if it's a MUST for the security deposit of $5K if I'm getting one??

krystle
your maid held up somewhere ?

nez
no need to fork out the 5k deposit de la. U will have to buy insurance base on that amount with ntuc. If only when your maid run away u have to pay tat $5k to MOM. BUT u hv bot the waiver bond which is additional of $50 then u need only pay $250 for indemnity

Hello mummies,

Hot Topic : Did u become "aunty" after being a mummy???

I think I did, haha... OMG... me POWERFUL fierce aunty now...keke...Two incidents happen recently...

1) i was at kidslink &amp; there's a sign saying that "those having fever muz wait outside the clinic". Dunno what the nurse is doing??? Took temp of a sick boy &amp; i heard loudly is 38degrees but still never ask them out of the clinic. I waited &amp; waited. Finally, buay tahan...walk to the counter &amp; shoot the nurse with my query then she did her job!!! Faint!!! There were 2 other infant in the clinc for vaccination at that time. Was thinking my boy only got flu &amp; cough... really scare to get the fever virus and the nurse not taking any action &amp; still need my " gentle reminder"...

2) Neighbour is doing renovation. Drilling &amp; knocking really make me frustrated &amp; make my boy scared. I carried my boy to that unit to find out whether there is any renovation notice. They supposed to finish by 31/12/09. And yez was already 6 jan!!! I already avoided to stay at home for that 2 weeks, knowing that the reno is going on but yez i still heard so much noise after back from sch with my boy. Dunno why i become so aunty, i carried my boy down &amp; wanted to challenge the new neighbour. Very pissed at that moment. I told him the noise that they are causing has made my boy so scared &amp; can't even take his nap. Luckily, the contractor keep apologising &amp; told me this will take another 2 weeks...

Aiyo, come to think, last time i will juz close 1 eye &amp; seldom speak up, juz endure... how come i have became to "yong gan"...everything that affect my boy i will complain... faint... more &amp; more aunty liao ;)

janbb
u not alone i oso turned out to be like that...
not aunty i think. just more daring to speak up lor, for our children, we willing to do anything and everything

Back