(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


Steph/pixie/tongtong/chaye,
Aiyo, we all suffering from same problem. Me also low blood pressure and low blood sugar...it has been more than 10 years liao. Always have to carry sweets with me cos the giddy spells comes suddenly and sometimes I can't even walk in a straight line....hahaha. But see doc also nothing wrong expect that my giddy spells will become worse if my thyroid condition is not under control. Iron pills helps but it'sonly short term solution.

Today is B's 2nd day at playgroup. Cried for more than 30 mins when he realised I left the class. So bo bian have to go back inside to pacify him. Once I'm inside, he's smiling and back to his naughty self liao...aiyo this boy ah. Hopefully he's more familiar with the teacher now and will not cry tomorrow.
 
Kam,
i like your always gung ho spirit &amp; positive thinking. In fact i don't wish they grow up so fast leh cos i missed them being a baby 0-3mths. When i am tired/frustrated, i always imagine what would my life be without the kids (as in if they disappear one day), i would be devastate leh. reverse psychology bah...so <font color="0000ff">Janbb</font>, temper sure will have but must be in control. I am sure when u hear Jayden call Ah ma = u, u'll sure melt &amp; all your anger will disappear de. Jia You together ok!
happy.gif


kam,
trial most probably yes (i have not ask my mum if she is ok/free to babysit R for me this Sat:p)
Oh, where can we park which is nearer to Staccato? See u then!
 
Steph,
There is a carpark right in front of the building (HorseCity, NOT the Turf City). But need to walk a little bit, cos the Staccato unit is at the back of the building. We are bringing XY together, most likely I will bring HR to the class and leave XY with hubby. See you!
 
Kam, yeap , hubby keeps telling me to be relax with the chores as I’m giving myself too much pressure on this. He was surprised when I told him that my office desk are very messy cuz I wont let it happen at my home.

Janbb, jiayou! So you have decided to put #2 with ur il?

Yvonne, wah yours more than 10 years! I just started, sian. I hope this is just one off case.
 
tongtong,
I also have low blood pressure since secondary school. It has always been at the low end (though still within the normal range) everytime the doc measured my blood pressure. I used to be a regular for donating blood, and I have been rejected a few times because of my low blood pressure, and was given iron pills. Made my mum worried so much and she kept asking me to stop donating blood. And sometimes when I stood up after bending down, can feel dizzy also. A few times, when I woke up for toilet at midnight, I knew I was going to fall so quickily went back to bed and lie down, scared my hubby off when he saw it for the first time. And I fainted (as in totally black out) on the plane too!

But I am opposite than you all leh, this dizziness had dissappeared already (I hope), it didn't happen for the past 2 years already. Giving birth has made me stronger/healthier???
 
Kam,
ok thanks. Sometimes i feel so bad to leave R behind but hb not keen to bring both kids outdoor. He say too challenging (tiring &amp; messy) cos Z can't sit still &amp; R refuse stroller, want me to carry. Trying to slowly encourage hb to bring both out together more often
happy.gif


pixie,
i got low blood pressure many years back till now, maybe i lost too much blood cos i've been in/out of hospital when young. PSLE had a minor GA surgery. low blood sugar was a one time off thingy, i think now no more recurrence.
Eh..how's your knee condition? Any improvement?
 
tongtong,

my blood pressure is on the low side also although it still lies within the normal range.It is lower when I was preggie. Usually will experience low blood sugar when I missed my meals. Will feel giddy too.

Re: playgroup
Today is the 2nd day for Javier too. Yesterday, my mum accompany him and he seems to be ok and independent, then my mum left after awhile. but today he is so cranky and sticky to me and refuse to let me leave when I went in with him. I suppose he had not eunff sleep cos he did not nap after his school yesterday and woke up in the middle of the night and cried. Also, he just developed fever and had a slight cold.

I think this week and next will be tiring for him cos he need to go kkh for dressing mon, wed and fri after school.
sad.gif
 
steph
ah hah!! you reminded me (my memory loss again) to take my supplements for TODAY....THANKS ah hoho
the supplements doc prescribed seemed to be better than those i bought myself. coz its in 12hr release pills, so got effect throughout the day.
last time, last till 3pm then its torture time till i go to sleep.
this thur go physio @ SGH. must repeat my exercise the steps even when im at home
 
Janbb,

I think GA will cause slight loss of memory also. I experience that after my surgery. My colleagues also find it true. Mine is sort of short term memory kind. Also I cant be stone suddenly when pple ask me some questions but those questions are routine are wont forget kind one lor.
 
Pixie,

I also interested to be in the spree for the organix stuff. Will u organise one b4 CNY? thinking of preparing some better tibits to bring along during visiting if not he will munch on other junks. Javier prone to get fever if he eats too much heaty stuff.
 
low blood thingy:
then im opp most mummies. i have low blood sugar.
my mom has diabetes and she has low blood sugar all the time when i was young.
so i cannot eat rich sugar food like chicken rice, ice teh
these 2 makes me have low blood sugar spells very often
 
i see that some of u start ur children into childcare or playgroup liao, so would like to seek a 2nd opinion, i still cant decide whether to put #1 in full day childcare as didi is going childcare this year, half day 1st. my maid can only send 1 kid back using the bicycle, so korkor had to start full day.

but wat worries me is that in nursery 2, there will be no milk feed before nap. my #1 always had to drink milk before he sleeps. dun understand why they had to stop milk feed, they r still quite young. although we can have "special" request that milk be given, but it will b in packet or cup form. my #1 is used to his milk bottle, n his formula milk, not sure he will drink if its in cup. and if his classmates dun have this special request, he would be the only one, sooner or later, im afraid he will not drink also, peer pressure, happens to my neighbour's kid. so i feel abit xin teng, n indecisive abt switching him into full day.
how har, help!
 
pixie,
at least u saw some improvement, good good
happy.gif

Wah looks like alot of toddlers attending playgp liow. Remember i told u about the avail CC slot in Jan10. We gave up the slot cos we don't really like the rowdy enviroment and also PIL still object leh...hmm...guess we'll start Z in CC for N1 next yr!
 
Pixie, I tot some mummies mentioned that they have low blood sugar so needs to bring sweets along with them? Why cannot eat rich sugar food leh?

Chinese new year cookies:will u all let ur tod eat that junk??>
 
tongtong,
CNY cookies like love letters, 鸡蛋糕 &amp; pineapple tarts, will let Z try (moderate) if he ask for it. Are they considered junk? Z loves chewing on dried seasoned cuttlefish leh! My bro in-law brought from japan &amp; Z loves it so much...FIL gave it to him almost everyday like snack/tibits! *faintz* Cuttlefish makes bad breath, not good for toddlers hor although i love it myself:p
 
tongtong
hmmm how to explain ah
when your body receives food, it will turn to sugar and absorbed into bloodstream right
so when the rich-sugar food, an influx of sugar is received after the conversion, then rush into the bloodstream. so you feel very energetic lah
then the sugar used up liao after say x no. of hours. then the level of sugar (which used to be very high), drops suddenly to a low level.
this drop makes your body have the giddy, trembling, wobbly legs, faint, cold sweat reaction. so you need sweets to replace the sugar in your blood, therefore boosting the level up again.
so those ppl like yvonne n me should eat slow in release sugar/carbo kind of food. eg wholemeal bread i/o white bread, to avoid such situation

usually your body is unable to regulate the sugar flow or sugar level.

some ppl have it bad, need insulin injections
 
pixie,
But I still take sweets cos it helps to curb the sudden giddy spells
happy.gif
I hate the "light-headed feeling" especially when I'm on the bus or in the middle of a chore.
 
yvonne
same, i have to take sweets or chocs. kit kat is fastest for me hoho
i know chicken rice n teh makes my sugar level drop very fast.

i meant that we should be eating more slow release in carbo kind of food everyday to avoid spells like these.

got few times i kena in mrt. have to almost lie down onto the floor, so mahlu. too weak to ask for help; too weak to stand up to go station control; too weak to take the whole train ride

sibeh diu lian
 
Luca,
Let your boy take the lead. You may make the special request to let him continue drinking milk before nap. Later on, if he feels he wants to continue to drink, then ask the teachers to give. If he feels he doens't want anymore (due to peer pressure etc), then stop giving him milk before nap. Why you feel bad for him to miss his afternoon milk feed? Is he eating well? Thought kids this age (about 4-5 yo?) don't really need milk, their main nutrients come from thier food?


tongtong,
Yes, we will let HR sample all the new year goodies, it's festive season! Though we would watch him closely so that he won't get too heaty (nag him to drink more water etc), and avoid those with lots of MSG as much as possible.
 
Steph, yea I tot all the CNY cookies are so sweet cuz they are made from refined white sugar and refined white flour.. anyway it’s unavoidable to the tod since they will wanna try when they see us eating right? I think the dried seasoned cuttlefish is very saltish wor, yea not very good leh, to me it’s a junk too..
 
tongtong
CNY cookies can eat a bit la. no harm de ma.

but no no to cuttlefish as wat Steph mentioned la hahaha
 
tongtong,
Last year CNY Hao Re was already eating those CNY goodies. We didn't want to let him eat. But difficult to say no when we were visiting relative/friends.
 
kam,
Thanks!

Parkway branch called me to say they starting a new class for sundays soon. And they want students. I like the timing but hoping that it would be at Pasir Ris branch, else hb would have to travel alone with Xavier when I pop.


I also let my boy eat some biscuit and cookie, but not chocolates and sweet yet.. unless it is gummies or ribena sweet.



My new maid had been here for 5 days already.. so far so good, perhaps more hardworking becos she is new. Anyway mil comments she not really very "clean" in her work.. I guess new maid sure needs training.
 
hello all,

happy new year to all!

MIA for so long cos got drama things happening at my hse. sibei sianz...

cut things short, my kids are down with flu since nov. 10 dec, #2 diagnosed with hfmd, cleared on 19 dec. 23 dec, #3 got fever aft 2 days of running nose, went to pd. 23 dec pm noticed rashes, went back to pd who diagnose her as hfmd (temp). 25 dec fever not subsiding n she seems startled during her sleep, so we went kkh. admitted immediately. HELL CAME! the phil staff nurse treated us as highly contagious disease n refuse to touch my gal. gave me instruction to apply oral gel, n nose spray to my gal! WTF?? i admit her on A1 ward leh. PAYING CLASS hor! yet i have to do everything? ok... doc saw her n all her symptoms of kawasaki appeared during her admission n none of the docs RECOGNISED the disease!

26 dec, #2 went in/out kkh A&amp;E 2 times cos of bronchiolitis. 28 dec 6pm #3 discharged. 29 dec 4am #2 admitted due to nonstop vommitting. discharged on 30 dec.

2 jan, my idiotic MIL asked her whole kampung to my hse for dinner (I COOK HOR) to celebrate my #2 bday. she only told us on 1 jan tat she coming up with 1 of her sis. so we invited them for dinner. den add more n more ppl to the dinner ! eh .. i jz had a very traumatised Christmas hor, yet have to cook for her whole kampung?

3 jan, noticed skin peeling off ard my #3's fingers n toes, waited till 4 jan pm to bring her to pd. pd say to do ultra sound to see any complication. but arranged on 8 jan. my mother very worried called my uncle who told her "CANNOT WAIT" n called me today to arrange for urgent echogram at kkh. finally, thro my uncle, we mged to see a professor n he diagnosed #3 as kawasaki disease n did echogram. lucky no issue. BUT I WILL WRITE IN FORMALLY TO COMPLAIN ABT KKH's TREATMENT n of cos cc MOH!

now very tired liao ...super duper sianz.

sorry for ranting... already cutshort story haha
 
mylvera
sorry to hear your drama
strong mummy ok

must pat pat #1 who didnt fall sick and must be treating didi n meimei well rite. somemore sure lack of attention by u n hb

hope everyone in your family is healthy!

btw, got some reporter (dunno why?) asked me about kawasaki disease. she wants to run a story. if you want, i refer you to her. u can publish your complain :p :p :p
 
mylvera,
I cannot imagine what you are going thru...must be tough on you *Hugz* Take care of yourself &amp; hope your kids are on the road to recovery liow.
 
aiyo mylvera.. really so drama and all ur kids were ill in Dec!!! aiyo, so poor thing. it all happened within few weeks?!! you must be super damn tired and worried. hard on u!! take care ok! have all ur kids recovered??? why all came at the same time??
 
i can only say suay lor haha but hor ... i suspect smtg "not right" in my hse leh ...

all the while my tv n scv was on standby mode when we not watching. recently the scv will turn on by itself! my hb say technical prob but i duno lor .. esp with all these shits happening .. i cannot but help to think otherwise.
 
mylvera
so sorry to hear about this. Really have to close monitor them.

Y your mil like tat one ? the kids need rest leh still want whole kampong come over and expose the kids to virus meh ?!?! If I'm u I will never allow them to come over at all !!!
 
chaye,

cannot dun let them come .. cos she already jumping mad for misinterpreting my hb's words when we went down to her mother's hse for her bday celebration. if dun let them come, really "flip face" liao
 
mylvera,
Hope your kids will recover soon! Stay strong!

KKH is so bad ah. Thought they should be the professional in children care. Ya, should write to complain.
 
Icy,
Ya, Kam answered for me liao. My girl has just started a new term of MIM Playtime at Funan. Her class is 9am on sat. Very early but no choice coz that is the only morning class in sat. I have considered east branches before but the timings they offered are not too good for me. I try to avoid Sun coz MIL needs to go church and can't babysit #2 for me.

So you will be opting for Parkway? Needs to travel a bit loh. At least now you can still go with your son. Got to see how comfortable your hubby is going lesson with him. My hubby feels uncomfortable to attend lessons with my girl coz he paiseh as normally are mummies accompanying. Maybe you call up Pasir Ris and see if they are opening any classes? If can wait after your confinement, would it be better? That time, I also waited until my boy 2mths then I brought my girl to class.
 
its usually like dat lor, 1 will fall sick after another, its like a chain reaction, i experience this all the time.

mylvera,
hope ur kids get well fast! u take care too.

Kam,
i guess im too overly gan chiong over my #1 liao. usually kids with no care giver help will attend full day cc, but i got maid n my mum to help me lor, so im kinda reluctant to let my kids do full day. :p
 
<font color="ff0000">JanBB</font>
Forgot to answer your question on Blogger. You may want to try to change your settings. Go to >Settings > Basic > Scroll down to "Global Settings", click on the button for "Updated Editor". This new editor offers more editing format than the old one. Hope this helps? If not, you may want to change the html code? Or redo a new post? I have never encountered any problem with Blogger leh.
 
krystle
Pasir Ris had a new class starting in Feb sats from 12-12.45pm. Actually would have prefer pasir ris, cos it is so near, just that don't like the timing because it is like lunch hour.

I just checked it with hb and he prefer to stayed with Pasir Ris branch. The parkway class would be taught by normal teacher and the PR one would be by master teacher. We just need to change the Neuro Tree class to sun instead, wouldn't want 2 classes in a single day for him.

I think i will sign him up for feb, cos not sure when another new class will start at PR.
 
Luca,
Same thing. Ask your boy. Does he want to spend more time at school or at home? If you don't mind of what he learns at home and at school, then take his lead. He should be able to tell you what he likes?
 
Kam,
i asked him if he wants to sleep in school or at home, he told me home. n when i ask if he want full or half day, he said full day, but later he said half day. he just turn 3yrs old 2 months ago, although hes more expressive after starting childcare, but i think he still doesnt know the full meaning of full day in school, until he experiences it.
 
Luca,
Does the childcare offer the flexibility of switching back to half day? Or can offer to let your boy try full day for 1 week or so? Oh, your boy only 3 yo, I thought he's 4 or 5, cos you said Nursery 2 already mah. So your #1 and #2 like about 1 year gap only?


Tongtong,
Don't think it's the common practice. Maybe you can give her an ang pau before CNY if you want to show her your gratitute? I will buy the teachers and the nanny some CNY goodies from Ipoh.
 
Icy
The MIM you saying is seimpi right? I wanted to start Elliot tat Sat slot oso, but tat timing totally out, cos he napping. Hougang got weekdays one. But i think Elliot too young. I see those kids who started v early, end up end of course, fingers still can't play fast. And when doing the theory, can hardly write properly!!! So I think I wait later then send Elliot. Nat just finished her ENCORE.
 
mom2nat
Yes. White sand more convenient for us. I asked them before abt the class, they will not start on the piano so soon, in fact only 6 mths after the lessons, then they will play keyboard which is softer for the kids. It is more on music appreciation.

Is Nat attending the lesson at White Sand too?
 
mylvera,
Oh gosh...it must have been like hell for you. Must take good care of #3 cos Kawasaki might cause further complications in future. My cousin got it when she was 6 months old and my auntie was so devastated in the hospital. I remember she told me it can affect the heart and need to do alot of follow-up? Take good care of yourself too.
 


Krystle, no lah we sneaked out on mon afternoon cos my cl only leaving this fri. :p

icy, I am also asking hubby to bring raeanne for music classes this yr onwards. He only agree if it is in the east. What time is seimpi at pp on Sundays? Lunch time not good for us too.
 

Back
Top