(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


Kitsune,
I hope that your agent can talk the sense out of your maid tonight and let her know who is in charge in the household. So far from reading, I kept thinking that she is assuming this is her house and she does things in favour of her own ways (fried rice and laundry incident). As an employer, this is not tolerant at all!!!
I was just sharing your story with hubby the other day when we were discussing about maid issue. I told him about the fried rice incident and guess what he said, he said "ok what." WTF... You mean the maid can eat up all the food and left us hungry is it? I was so mad at his response and told him back. Then in a fit of anger, I told him then you marry the maid and let her be the "woman" in the house loh. Such house I won't want to stay and I will bring the 2 kids away. Soooo angry. Then he just kept quiet... See lah, maid not in yet and we are already not agreeing on how we should treat them. Haiz....

Back to your problem, ultimately it is up to Kitsune whether you want your maid to be more focus on your girl or your housework. If the maid is for looking after your girl, then yes maybe you have to close 1 eye a bit on her attitude if she can interact well with your girl. If the maid is for housework, I think you can change maid if her attitude still the same even after the agent talked to her.
 
Kam,

Wkdays (Mon-Thurs) still okay cos we will bring either one (#1 or #2) home. My MIL will cook & include our dinner twice every week for the whole family (5 adults + Z while R only drink milk) but i still pei fu how she managed her time doing marketing & prepare & cook for the family for 3 dishes + 1 soup leh...not easy. But FIL oso help abit otherwise she can't even go toilet. That's why i respect her alot cos come wkends, she'll need to rush back JB to look after her very sick cancer youngest sister. She lost 4kg in a month...poor thingy
sad.gif
So if i do clear my CCL, i will go over IL place & help out.
Wkends (Fri-Sun) is most tiring...vicious cycle...Z is going thru temper tantrums on/off while R is a light sleeper cos whenever Z make noise or bang/throw any objects on the floor creating loud noise or worse still...scream...R will wake up & cry. And vice versa! Got time cook lunch (porridge for Z) but no time cook for dinner...we usually packet or dine out. BUT dine out with 2kids oso no joke cos Z cannot sit still de...so very tiring for hb to chase him & coax him to sit down! BUT BUT BUT...i tell myself to enjoy these moments while it last cos afterall they grown up so fast...when they do, i will start to miss their notti act perhaps!

pixie,
no joke...is REAL. Er xin hor...
 
Kam,

I am okie at 11.30am. Keep me informed. What age group is this group for? Maybe i can ask my friend to join too. Her child is 2.5 years.
 
krystle: men are normally very nice to maids. I told my hubby to step aside when I train her. Hhahha.
And also it's easier to make it clear that she only listen to 1 person in the house. Or later she will be confused and will say mdm said this, Sir said that.. she doesn't know who to follow. In the end, we will get upset, maid will get scolded.
 
Steph & Kam: am so glad that both my mum and my MIL are able to help me when bb #2 is out. ;-) Now my MIL says wherever I choose to give birth, she will follow, so does my mum. ;-) My mum will be a great helper and be a good friend to my kids coz she is super good and super patient when it comes to look after kids. ;-) She can look after twin babies by herself. So I have no worry at all. I never choose to depend on my maid to look after my kids.
My mum even said if I had 6 kids, she also have no problem. ;-) So I just pray for her good health.
 
Blessedbaby,
You are indeed blessed, just like your nick. I also hope that my MIL can say to me that she can handle 2 kids... But she upright told hubby that she wants maid... I hope her thinking has changed though as we never really brought up the issue again. I am asking hubby to check with her if she "REALLY" wants maid. Wherelse my mum can handle 2 kids, but she stayed too far...

BTW, any good maid agency to recommend?
 
blessedbaby,
You are the lucky one! My mum is very good with kids also, she is very very patient, and gentle, and loving. She doesn't mind to stay with me for long term, but my dad refuses. My dad's limit is to stay in Singapore for 2 months only, and this I already have to "bribe" him with a oversea holiday next year :p
 
Krystle: hahaha. ;-) My MIL said that but whether can do is another thing. ;-) But as you said, since she can "say" that, so consider she has good will to help me. ;-) This time I met her, she is really nice to me. She keeps reminding me that she loves me and happy that we have more kids. ;-) But I know in her heart that this time, she is expecting a baby boy. I told her just take it as I am having another girl, if this baby comes out is a boy, then it's a blessing and pleasant surprise for everyone. ;-)

Kam: you have to "bride" your dad? ;-) is your dad coming with your mum to sg this time?
 
blessedbaby,
Yes, my dad will be here also. My mum doesn't agree to leave him at home alone (my dad is already close to 75 years old and can be pretty forgetful at times, and with his diabetes, can't let him eat outside food too often). So he must come with my mum. Initially he said will only stay for 1 month. Then I asked how about holiday to HK next year. Then he guai guai said oh like that, ok, stay for 2 months :)
 
mylvera, yup, I remember reading that before. I caught her a few times only sunning her own clothes so I told her. Sunshine is free, why you only bring out your own clothes. How about our clothes? Fair enough, hers is hand wash so really need the sun to dry but our clothes will also benefit from the sunning, not just hers. Actually last time, we never fight for sunshine or bamboo poles cos she washes her clothes early in the morning when she wakes up. But my hubby say she everyday wash her clothes, use up a lot of water (she tends to put a lot of detergent/soap) so now I ask her to accumulate a few days then wash. Best to wash when I'm also washing clothes so that got second rinse water for her to wash her clothes. :p

Krystle, I wonder if it's because the agent told them to treat the employer as family so that they won't be so homesick. But that's different from cooking things on your own including Mdm's share (so that you can eat) or hanging your clothes is higher priority than employer's clothes right? :p Yesterday, told her to cook instant noodles for lunch while I tapow prawn noodles for myself. Gave her an egg and some veg to cook with the noodles since lunch afterall, don't want to torture her. Told her only if Mdm give you, then you can cook and eat. If Mdm never give you, you cannot touch my food. Later she tell me, Mdm no need, I eat plain noodles enough (maybe she scared of me liao after the fried rice incident). I took away the egg and told her veg must eat if not you got constipation. Mdm not going to buy any more papaya, prune juice or laxatives for you so you must take care of your own poo problem by drinking more water and eating more vegetables.

Anyway, bad news. My agent's youngest daughter kenna h1n1 so she's quarantining herself for now (she sleeps in the same room as her daughter). So, earliest she can come and counsel her is next week. Never mind lar, this week hubby's on reservist also not around at night. Difficult to have proper counselling sessions if I got to run after my gal when the agent is here. Meanwhile I'll take this 1 more week to observe whether she has any more new tricks and decide whether I should keep her or not. :p
 
kitsune,

my friend once told me that her sis's maid loves to play with bubbles. when washing clothes, etc sure use lots of detergent / powder/ soap. mine used to do that but cos i preg cannot tahan the smell of the detergent/ softener, told her to use lesser. mine very hiao one. everytime bring her out she will put so much powder or perfume till u can faint when she pass u ahah
 
One good thing about mine is that she is obsessed about personal hygiene. Bad thing is she can use a piece of toilet paper to pick up the hair from my toilet drain hole. Even I use my own hands. Just wash after that lor.

Once she threw a small piece of plastic wrapper (which FIL used to wrap RaeAnne's pork slices) and it landed not inside the kitchen dustbin but outside near the rim and dustbin cover (inner side). I saw it when I open the dustbin and ask her why the wrapper is there when I told her she must throw things carefully so that it goes into the dustbin plastic bag and not around cos it'll dirty the dustbin and attract ants and lizards. She said because I throw the small plastic Mdm (which is no excuse).

Then I took the piece of plastic wrapper with my hand and throw it inside the plastic bag and tell her even Mdm can put my hand inside so that I can throw it properly. I can just wash hands after that. If you think that my house is too dirty for you and you are too clean to touch rubbish then you can go back to Philippines. Fierce hor? :p

Mine not very hiao but I saw her plucking armpit hair from her tweezers before. In the room at night of course. I went in cos she wanted to borrow nail clipper to remove the calluses on her hand. Don't want to lend her mine so I took hubby's one to lend to her. :p
 
Talking re maid..

I just scremed at maid this morning.
This bloddi maid is so slow in her work.

You know uaully I give her from morning 7 - 10 to do housework. When mil here.. she dont dare wash hair in morning. By the time she finishes all work. 11 plus then she bathe and wash hair with no complains here.. But with me waround she dare wash her hair now taking so bloddi long. Up to now. My room la. son room all havent dusted.. WHole morring just clean hall and wash clothes.. And feed ceral.. The rest all i do make sleep and alll..

SO bloodi anrgy here.. TO me.. YOu want to wash eaalier.. wait till house work done and boy sleeping then you do la.. wat the hell bathe so long and everything all delayed.. now still preaparing my son lunch and yet to cook ours..

Really hate it,, Mil she so scred. For me she dares.. and claim mil helps my foot. At least I can make my boy sleeps and change him. Mil everything cant as my boy so active and a very fussy eater.

Already alm 2 years years still so dam stupid. imagine.. put boy back to cot to sleep she can even forger to open window and fan.. bloddi riduclous.Fuming now... HOpeless nut

I am changing maid 27 Nov to an ex sin indo hopefully better and more humble..

Yes.. FIllipian when scold they very prideful can dont ans you which pissed me to the core till must get hubby involved too

And all my musucial toys for my boy all spoilt.. Bloddi stupid can wash in water sure spoil despite repeated warning!


COme on lah .wana wash hair also at least complete house work first mah .Wait till when cows come home????!!!
 
Fern, haha, we have something in common. But I think my maid more scared of me cos she knows I'm the employer and I'm at home all the time so I'm the one to catch her doing wrong things. Hubby sometimes see it early in the morning before he leaves for work(eg. never line the kitchen dustbin with plastic bag after she throw away old one) but he bo chap one. Will put in a plastic bag himself instead of making her do it. At night then he tell me instead of pointing out her mistakes there and then. :p
 
Pauline.

My hubby only intervene at serious case if not he leave maid to me..ANd also say Mum says this MUm says that.. I also quarrel with him cos feel he cant be a sir at all at times.. So mad now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miad is scared of me too.. cos mil is very firm I am sometime quite relaxed so hence she take it foregranted.

I told her off .. SInce that stupid ah ma here.. why dont u wash your hair day time and see wat happens.. How can you wash your hair and my son lunch not prepared and room not dusted and i handle him being the employer! Mad nut.. TOld her mil comes I going fire all of them left right in the centre... 8 plus till now handling elias who is so active now while idiot washing her bloodi hair...In fumes now!!!!!!!!!
 
Fern
Wat's the deal abt washing hair? Does it take v long or her hair v long? If so, cut it off. My maid can't be taking more time to bathe than I do.
happy.gif
 
Pauline,

My maid very similar to yours.. also very scared dirty and pretty high class and dress also like not maid.. but no makew up lah... and also cry very easiy only raise voice.. buai tahan thats why I am changing to a ex sin indo maid next month who has exp taking carer 21 month old in ex employer house but fair english.. since my mum house... got indo maid .. they can train too i belive.haha
 
Mom 2dat.

The thing is I wash hair and bathe the most 20 min.. She takes 45 mins... to an hour.. after scoodling she takes at least 45 mins.. or 40 min.. OK.. I was waiting till I am so pisse and my boy so hungry and active somemore!!!!!!!!
 
Aiyoh, Fern, 45 mins is crazy. I also take 20mins to bathe and wash hair. :p Anyway, I'm ok to take maid issues off hubby's hands cos he's already so busy with work and I'm a SAHM. Plus my hubby is conflict averse, won't scold or tell off. His only solution is to ask me to change maids so I feel won't solve the problem all the time mah. So, I got to be bad cop lor. :p

I didn't want Indo maid cos they got problems handling or eating pork. Unless they are Christians but I think not many are right?
 
Pauline..

Yah.. 45 min is nut sometunee even one hour hor... Me take 15-20mins and bathe 10 mins only.. she takes longer to me..

I dont like being bad cop sometime I like to say bt hubby to reenforce cos i realised maid prefer the softer emplyer and more scared one then one who blah blah blah like me lah.. haha
 
Pauline.. No lah.. My new indo maid. is a moslem. she cant take pork but can take other thing like chicken and kuning fish and other food some of our fish she cn take too... Cos we also got beef and fish ... She can have some of those plus maggi mee.. My filiipa maid love mee and bread so sometime when we dont eat she will weat those..

As long as indo maid can handle pork. Not eating doesnt matter... Like pork rib soup.. She can take the stuff but not pork as my mum previos indo maid all same.. But can handle one.. on top of that I have a dog agent say she can hadle dog too bathe and feed.. No eat pork but handle its fine.. I did interview some sho cant touch dog and pork those I didnt select..
happy.gif
 
Ha haha Pauline.. I same lah.. Nail clipper shouldnt be shared for personal hygine.. Get her a new pc la.. She got some allowance like 20 bucks la.. She can pay herself? Wah yours only 2 weeks already displacing some kind of attitdule liao but good that your gal can get along quite well with her? Hehe..
 
Fern, I see, sometimes, we eat at ILs place and they love pork. Difficult if she can't eat the same food cos sometimes only 2-3 dishes. Then some food are exp, not keen to share with her eg. cod fish or threadfin. :p

She got no allowance yet cos haven't reach 1 month. Anyway, I think she wants to buy SIM card with her first pay check. :p
 
kitsune,

Huh - this is bad meh, thought it's the norm to do this? - Bad thing is she can use a piece of toilet paper to pick up the hair from my toilet drain hole.

Really hor, different people have different ways of doing things, so if you want your maid to follow your way, must tell her strictly that no other way of doing things except your way.
 
Kam, I didn't stop her but if she is so clean that she uses my toilet paper/tissue paper to pick up the hair. How to expect her to get her hands dirty when cleaning my toilet bowl or clear the sink for gunk and hair for example?

Anyway, I told her many times, when at Mdm's house, do as what Mdm says. When you are back at your own house in Philippines, you can do whatever you want.
happy.gif
It's whether she wants to remember and apply.
 
Pauliine.

YOu can get cheap fish for maid like kuning and cheap ones.. FYI. COt and Threadfin only me and my boy takes not even hubby leh.. hahahaha! Chicken ok mah... COs fillipna really tend me more hu class unlke indo like my parets maid more humble and work faster not those slow sloe kind like my miad..


Ya.. my maid did like wise the last time she join our house.. But WE keep her hP from day one till now.. only give when she need.. You no offfay? MIne ha off intitally but made fren with indian man so inthe end no offday? Salary 35o with no offday. Indo exp maid.. 370 no off day if off day then 350 lor. yours?
 
okay lah. Picking up the hair from the toilet drain hole is very yucky to me. I will never touch it with bare hand. But I don't mind to wash toilet bowl and sink with my bare hand. Oh well, just different way of handling things.

But yes, agree, you must make your voice heard. Everything must be right from the beginning, else take more times to rectify it later, if it can be rectified at all.
 
Fern,
45mins to 1 hr for bathing? That is really long. I also don't bathe that long. Question her what is she doing inside? If she "shun bian" wash the whole toilet or do laundry, then still ok. If not, told her off not to spend so much time inside. Waste water leh.
 
Puline wow very the hi class hor.
like that she is purely wastting ppaper for he precious hands men.. i think i bette check my maid too if me i wil tell off too,.... haahha
 
Fern, yup, next time, I'll go buy cheap fish for her. Now, we buy from NTUC so nothing's cheap. :p Mine is $330 but no off day for first year only. So this year it's $350. She has no exp, direct from Philippines.

Kam, Actually, I used to think everything is yucky before I got married. Don't even want to touch the toilet brush. But after that, no choice everything must do cos no maid for 4 years plus mah. But maid cannot be more high class than me lor. :p
 
sorry to say this, but I find Filipino women in general are very good at talking back. They tend to raise voice, open their eyes big big to win back even they know nothing.

For my maid, the only time she can bathe and wash her hair is after her houseworks at night. She will have her time off at around 9pm and then will bathe and read books or do whatever she wants.
But there are times that she also bathe or wash her hair during the day coz she did some cleaning and she asked us whether she can clean herself before cooking for us. So it's fair enough. However 45 mins is too long. ;-)
 
Kyrstle,

Ya.. she try cut still about 35-40 min one... si bei sian.. I domt allow her to wash laudry locking door dont know do what inside.. only wash toilet can..dam sian re all these maids!
 
Actually I let my maid bathe twice a day, once in the morning at 6+/7am and once at night. Since she's handling RaeAnne and food, I rather she be clean then drip perspiration all over. :p
 
Yes Pauline.. I said the same thing but each time she bathes abt an hour when scold she take at least 45 min.. so in the end.. WE say bathe nite... BUt she always changes clothes after cooking b4 touching elias.. OR after hanling dog she will change too.. yah...
 
fern, yr maid is really too much rite. u still can tahan her? during weekdays, mine only bathe after she finished cooking dinner or after washing all the dishes. and she took abt 10 - 15min only, somemore she dont use heater, just cold water.
 
krystle
u can employ a brand new maid and do a transfer to another employer after 1 yr. my fren also got similar requirements & my agent told me that it is possible. my agent mainly do myanmar maid so not sure what nationality u r looking at? i m in the midst of transfering out the current one for another maid cos already sent my current maid twice for counselling sessions & have enough of her mistakes liao. she "tender" resignation to me last fri & b4 she tender, i have told my agent already to find me replacement. i can't wait for someone to quickly get her over else i got to pay duo levy fees to govt....
sad.gif
 
Shannon baby..

YEs.. Tahan till 2 years very good le.. But when say she does try her best to improve too lor...

Wa . mine where got no heater.. Why ah?? haha....

Fillipina too?
 
Superbee,
Thanks for the information. At least I know there is this option to transfer out the maid after 1 yr. Hubby seems to prefer Indonesian Maid. So if anyone got recommendation, please let me know.
 
fern,

yup, mine is filipino. used to work as assist nurse in hospital. guess she is used to taking care of babies and patients in hospital and she has 3 kids herself, youngest ard my daughter's age. maybe thats why she is very patient n caring to my gal ba.
of cos, at times, she will do something wrong or dont follow instructions. but we will tell her off nicely.
 
shannonbaby, fern, mine no use heater when showering too. Cos she said too hot. I'm happier cos no need to hear hubby 'nag' about electricity bill. He's very worried about next month's utility bill. :p

shannonbaby, so lucky to get an assistant nurse to help look after your gal.
happy.gif
 
pauline, i also dunno is it lucky or not. I think she is too smart. My hb wants to change actually, cos he says she is too smart, sometimes dont like to follow instructions and want to do her own way. like once my daughter cries in the carseat, hb say cannot carry, my maid who is sitting beside her insist of carrying her out of the carseat. In the end, my hb shouted at her and asked her to get out of the car immediately at highway. I got a shock too cos my hb never shouted before. But my maid reasoning is my gal cried very pitiful, she heartpain that my gal is crying. she think my hb n I not heartpain meh?

she also likes to sayang my gal whenever she whine. Basically, she treats my gal like her own daughter, nobody can scold my gal or she will heartpain, which I also dunno whether good or not cos my gal is already very spoilt by my ILs and my dad.

but the funny thing is my gal until nw also dont want her if my hb n i or my mum is around at home.
 
shannonbaby, ya, my maid also wanted to rescue my gal when we left her at playgroup last week cos she'll cry so pitifully. But I told her no, cannot carry her, if not she'll never learn. :p

Yup, children will still prefer their own parents or family caregivers. Today, the playgroup teacher wanted to distract my gal with her handphone as she was crying when I was leaving the classroom. But my gal didn't even want to see the hp. Teacher told me it's like that. The day when your kid choose hp instead of Mummy, Mummy'll cry instead. haha. ;P
 
Haha.. we all same boat... maid always sayang when boy kena scoolded but re boy she will take instructions..

Mine very forgetful .like every tuesday must wash toilet she can forget rountine tasks. and end up all work cork up clean my room 2 attahced rooms.. shifting things to clear dust one whole hour and boy need sleep.. so told her faster clear u and make boy sleep whle i take water and dust cabinet etc my own.. dam sian. and she just ate lunch me also ate arnd 3pm cos boy eat at 2 by the time clear up and bathe how late liao.. and i alays bathe boy with maid as scared maid careless wait accidents happen you all same?

after her lunch she will then clean my toilet while i am npping with boy all these morning one never do wash hair see all work cork up. so angry now.. and all dinner perparation not done some more? havent even ddecided what to cook for boy. very poor organisation skills men mine! Need track like a brand new maid.. think you all will vomit blood sia!
 

Mine ah..really everything very slow most things one hour.. even eat can seat there and eat slowly.. really buai tahan esp i am not the very patient one still have to assit in dusting own room la and sometime preapre own boy meals men.. I will make sure she write down a scheulde what she o daily basis to keep track of things... NOw going to preprae inner b4 ahe cleans my toiet later... really am sian!BTW.... dont you guys realise indo maids are more humble and can take hardship whereas fillipina are higer class and cant eat hardship.. haiz!
 

Back
Top