(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

kam,

better check with HR else they bring fwd yr ML u lugi.

kitsune,

Ang pao sure will give. if dun go, dun give, i tell u .. guarantee she will not forgive me forever haha
 


hehe, mylvera, 礼到人不到,it's ok lar. If I like that 'ah ma', I'll go lar, just as respect for elderly. But if not, just cook up any excuse then don't go. After all, you are due soon and now on HL. You should be resting at home anyway. hahaha.
 
kam
yah, i think mom guideline is deduct all MC and if need be, "eat" into HL lah. this is standard.
my current, ex, ex ex companies all same procedure for this. unless your company kind enough to bend the rules to let u take HL instead of MC
 
Kam,
Actually I think gynae will give MC once going towards the final wks of pregnancy. By saying how tired and cannot walk etc, it does help them in giving the MC lah. Heheheh.. For me, I think my gynae will give me MC automatically once my BP hits high level.

I think my cramps are attributed to cold temperature coz I on aircon every night. I am those type who cannot cover feet with blanket so I always kicked my blanket away. Somemore, I felt myself very hot even with aircon on!!!

My coy allows HL, followed by ML.
 
pixie/krystle,
A colleague of mine got her 30 days of HL due to bleeding at the beginning of 2nd trimester. That time she still has plenty of ML left. So think my co does allow to "eat in" to HL before consuming all ML.

krystle,
If like that, you should really wear socks at night loh, do you? Try it!
 
Kam,
I don't think I can wear socks at night. Bad habit of me that my feet must be bare (must not be covered by blanket, socks etc). But I will try lifting my legs up while sleeping. Hopefully I won't kick the pillow onto the floor. Hahahaha.
 
krystle,
Ya, can try lifing your legs first. If this doesn't work, then you must try wearing socks though you don't like it, cos it does really help for some.

You still read the Sep09 thread or not? Mummies started to pop liao...... 2 premmies plus another 4 considered full terms. So fast hor.....
 
<font color="0000ff">Luca / Mandy / other mummies - <font color="ff0000">Rhythm In Me trial class at GraceKids</font></font>

http://gracekids.com.sg/gracekids/Rhythm%20In%20Me.html

Confirmed we can start a private trial class (if we have min 6 babies) this Saturday at 11.30am. $45 for the trial class.

You still interested or not??? Anyone else??? Can you please respond a.s.a.p.? If we don't get the minumun no, I will most likely go ahead to join the existing class at 2.30pm and see how it is. Their term already started for 1 week. But if you are keen to sign up the class after the trial, will be 1 make-up class for it. Max no for 1 class is 13.
 
Kam
i go home ask my hubby le then let u know okie..
happy.gif
 
Kam,
I am following Sep 09 thread silently. More active in commenting this thread. Hehehe.
Saw some of the mummies popping liao. I felt very sian... I have not started packing yet. Gynae also just given me the admission letter only. But saw that there is a baby who weighs 3.6kg. WOW.... Gynae said mine will be at least 3.3Kg. I keep hoping baby don't grow too big. I am scared that gynae will recommend c-sect if baby is too big.
 
Pauline,
Oh ya forgot that when on confinement, she will be picking ur daughter up. Like that, quite hard to control.My previous maid was like that..With this new maid, my father or mother will pick my boy up.
 
blackbatz, maybe I can also ask my ILs to pick up my gal but I thought since it's just opposite block and so near to my house, makes more sense for the maid to bring her home instead of my ILs to cross 2 blocks and 1 road to pick her up. See how lor. ;P
 
morning all,

hehe hb going to sms his mother today to tell her we not turning up for por por's bday celebration! yeah! y he will do tat?? haha cos yday i went NTUC during lunch time n when i reached home, my ankle swollen again. so he bor bian ... AGREE lor haha
 
Kitsune,
But if you feel unsafe for the maid to pick up your girl alone, it may be better to ask ILs to pick her up instead while the maid stays at home with you.
Coz for me, I won't feel safe about it and I am planning not to allow the maid to handle my children alone in anyway (I know it is hard but I try). Not that I want to scare you but I have seen cases where the maids will just gather and chit-chat, leaving the children running around and not keeping a close watch to them.
 
Kam,

shshsh not so loud haha
not really purposely tho cos me went NTUC to buy milk powder for #2 wor. den go pharmacy to buy hb's QV wash haha
 
krystle,

haha do i care if her face is black? cos of her, everything messed up. cos of her, i nid to go everywhere for her to show off her grandsons? cos of her, even when i deliver, i must find alternative plans to put my sons so that my hb will accompany me. cos of her, my sons learnt the wrong things? i simply have enuf of her liao haha

she will call my hb for sure. my hb dare not call her tt's y he rather sms her? haha but she will be angry n keep telling my hb tat he has to respect the elders lor n will insist he go. but i tink this time she lose big. cos my hb is on my side liao. :p
 
Pauline: given the situation of your maid, I would rather to have help from someone in the family instead. I would never entrust my kids to any maid even it's a short distance. You will never know when they are not happy, they would do silly things. ;-(
And if your maid has chance to meet other maids at playgroup is a no no. If I was you, I will find other solution.

My maid seldom go out, even going to church (she is Christian), we also don't make her expectation go high. One time at church, one maid approached her and talked together. I was super upset coz it was just when the service was ended, and both of them didn't move their asses. I told my maid out loud: let's go home. Then I even told other maid that pls never come and talk to my maid otherwise I will talk to your employer. ;-) I know I am very cruel but I also need to re-enforce my message to my maid, don't ever break my rules. Actually, my maid is very good. I have her 6 months to get used to things at my home (she did everything wrong, but I see her has a good attitude and is willing to learn and I was really patient with her).
At times, we also need to be in their situation, being in the new home and with new surrounding, new people, they also need time to adjust. I talked to my maid and understand where to come from. We don't let her to use washing machine (if we want to wash our clothes, we will set the machine by ourselves), and she is not allowed to use microwave or oven. It's also abt her safety coz maids are generally forgetful. We also remind ourselves, if anyone if us a task, do we sure that we can do it 100% and make others happy? and because of their education and background, thats why they have to go out and be a maid.
Even my maid is very gentle to my girl, but I myself never let her touch my bb. Her job is only to do cleaning and a bit of cooking.
When you employ a maid to look after your bb, also consider that her time will be very tight. Just imagine we as a full time mum, at times, our hands are tight too. So is our maid. Do give them time and chance and guide and supervise them all the way. Even how good your maid is, you still need to keep an eye on her.
;-)
 
krystle, I may do that when no. 2 is born if I need the maid to help me at home with the baby. Don't think MIL or FIL will mind if they are at home.

blessedbaby, yesterday, I just sms the agent to complain about my maid's attitude. When she do things wrongly, you tell her, she'll find all kinds of reasons to explain. Then after I tell her that in Mdm's house, you should follow what Mdm tell you instead of doing it your own way. For the next few hours, if you give her any instructions, she'll look away, avoid eye contact and deliberately don't answer you. Not even yes or no. She's at my place for less than 2 weeks so I cannot tolerate bad attitude. Any behavioural problem, should nip it in the bud. If I need to change her, the longer I drag, the higher the opportunity cost in terms of insurance costs, my gal having to readjust to a new maid etc. Anyway, the agent said she'll pop by my place either tonight or tomorrow night to talk to her.

Steph, Rayden looks so much like you.
happy.gif
 
Pauline: so i think your maid has attitude problems.
For my maid, when I guided her, she will listen and in her free time she will open it up and read again. Thats why even when she does things wrong (not often and not that she purposely mean it), we still accept it.
Your maid like that, do you trust her still to play with your baby??
 
one more good thing about my maid, when she don't know how to do things, she will say: mdm, I dont know how to do this and that, pls guide me, I will do for you next time. I must say, she is very gentle and she even said that she consider this is her 2nd family. When we go away, she cried and says she misses us. She is very happy to look after Johanna but I never agree. ;-)
 
one more good thing about my maid, when she don't know how to do things, she will say: mdm, I dont know how to do this and that, pls guide me, I will do for you next time. I must say, she is very gentle and she even said that she consider this is her 2nd family. When we go away, she cried and says she misses us. She is very happy to look after Johanna but I never agree. ;-)
 
blessedbaby, mylvera, so far, I find that her interactions with my gal is genuine. She enjoys talking and playing with her. Eg. when I got to shower and leave her alone with RaeAnne last night (cos hubby away on reservist), I can hear them playing in the living room. And she using loud, singsong voice to try and engage and distract her from coming to look for me.

Both me and hubby asked my gal before separately. Aunty good? Do you like aunty? Both times, she'll either show the 'good' sign or nod her head. So, I told hubby, must have priority lor. If she's bad at housechores or other stuff but good with RaeAnne, still can consider keeping her. If she's bad with RaeAnne, no matter how good her other skills are also cannot keep cos with no. 2, I need someone who is good with RaeAnne.
 
kitsune
i agree with mylvera.
even if your maid bonds with your DD, no point keeping her coz her attitude sux. i would change maid if i were you.
my maid likes my boy very much too but me and my mil dont let our maid take care of my boy. for the past 1.5 yrs, she only changed my boy's diaper twice. my mil said let her learn in case of emergency etc.

steph
thats a super sunny smile (aka SSS). i wish my boy will give me SSS-es like that
 
talking about ILs prob:
yest i saw some you tiao (fried fritters) and butterfly on the dining table at my mil place and i asked her can eat the butterfly or not after i finished my dinner (still hungry lar. eat her pathetic rationed food i bae tahan). you know whats her reply?
"i dunno can eat or not coz my daughter bot for me and xx (hb's bro) to eat one. (aka she didnt say can let others eat or not)"

WAT DE.........

i know she KIASI but didnt know she so scared until dun dare to share food with me. pls lor, 1 butterfly cost how much??!!
really felt like outsider there and then. i vowed to myself never to eat her food unless necessary.

btw i didnt take the butterfly in the end. dont dare to eat the million-dollar-gold-plated-butterfly. wait i get indigestion, then throw up, then lao sai, then dehydrate, then go hosp
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
 
steph,
Rayden is so cute!

kitsune,
You poor thing. After 2 weeks, still struggling with maid. Get advise from the agent? Attitute problem is the most jialat one lor, I guess.
 
pixie,

haha u reminded me of the story tat happened to my hb.. 1 fine morning he asked his mother if the half boiled egg on the dining table can be eaten (at my house) and his darling idiot mother say "no. this is for yr dad!" walau ..1 egg very exp meh? cannot ask my maid to make another one meh? somemore my FIL still sleeping leh haha
 
Pixie, poor thing, I'll feel like an outsider too. One thing good about my FIL is that he is very generous with food. He'll buy a new loaf of bread everyday cos he say old one not fresh liao. And when it comes to things that he likes, he'll always buy a lot to stock up. eg. pao, eggs, HL strawbery milk etc. So last time, me and hubby always got extra food to bring home if we want to. But if your MIL has always been 'kiam siap' then very difficult to change her lor. :p

Kam, agent coming down tonight or tomorrow night to talk to her about her attitude problem. Today, she ok lor, maybe cos I haven't tell her off for doing wrong things yet. She seems to love to clean the house only, whole day taking a piece of rag and finding new places in my house to clean. :p
 
QQ,
tks babe! i will sms u my addy
happy.gif


pixie,
sometimes i wonder why these "MIL" dun try to put themselves in our shoes cos they are also once DIL what...why still treat us as outsiders?? Why can't they open their heart &amp; make friends with us rather than enemies hor...Hmm...sometimes i oso buay tahan my MIL but for peace...if can ren aka tolerate i just close my eyes...as long as dun go over-board or cross my limit. Afterall one day...my turn as MIL will come since i have 2 boys...i hope my DIL can be friends with me &amp; not trying to "harm" me!
 
kitsune,

if i were u.. i will be more worried ... cos it could signal that she wana know more abt your house n where to keep valuables (if she steal) or where u keep your valuables.

anyway.. me just being paranoid haha


steph,

my MIL was never a DIL b4. she lucky my FIL came to SG without his parents.
 
kitsune, steph
weird rite. i know my mil meant no harm but she very very kia-si/kia-su, so she scared let me eat liao her daughter will scold her or what. even if xandall falls down, she will try hard to explain its not her fault. we are not faulting her anyway wat coz kids will sure fall down more often than not. shes so afraid of everything, i really cant stand it. no wonder everyone rides over her head, including my boy.
she is generous with food, especially those she made eg buns, bread, cakes, pizza but other ppl buy she dont dare let me eat coz no permission mah

really like living in govt palace like that
 
tongtong,

i went TTSH pharmacy to buy. got promotion there now lor. 2 bottles of 1 litre QV wash costs 38.95? same price if u buy from 1 of the store in chinatown (duno where cos normally my MIL will buy for her son n claimed from him)
 
my hb jz sms me saying my MIL is shocked tat we are not going to porpor's bday celebration. SUE ME ! KILL ME! i wun go means i wun go. :p
 
mylvera, so far, when I ask her to mop floor or vaccuum or wash toilet. I always ask her to start with my bedroom so that I can monitor her. Cos all the valuables are in my bedroom. :p

Just now, told her off again. Today got sun so ask her to wash clothes. My clothes and RaeAnne's clothes so that can use the water to mop floor in the afternoon. Let her use some of the second rinse water to wash her clothes. Then later when I check the bamboo poles, I see RaeAnne's romper being put on top of her towel to dry. Ask her why, she said no space. She used 1 bamboo pole to hang her own clothes. I told her if got no space, then why you use 1 bamboo pole for your own clothes. Take down your clothes then. Bamboo pole belongs to Mdm not you. How can RaeAnne's clothes take second priority to yours? Somemore, I gave her quite a few pieces of my own clothes cos she doesn't have enough. Tell her to hang her clothes (those that have no space on the one bamboo pole) inside to dry. Wait till our clothes are dry then she can hang outside. Duh... :/
 
kitsune,

sounds like my sis's previous maid. she always ensure her clothes got all the sun n washed first b4 my parents' clothes are washed or dried. selfish ppl. MY CLOTHES GOT PRIORITY NOT EMPLOYERS haha 1 fine day u might find that she cooked for herself n eat first b4 u eat :p (which is wat my #1 maid did on her #1 day at my house. she cooked instant noodles for herself n eat n nothing for me)
 
kitsune,
having a maid becomes a burden sometimes. The maid either make u vomit blood or make our blood pressure high! That's why i hesitate to get a maid cos it oso means to train another small kid when i don't have that extra time &amp; patience! I have a colleague "pet lover" who purposely employ a maid to specially look after her 2 dogs instead of her 2 kids leh *Duh*
 
mylvera,
i heard horrible stories from my coll that her friend's maid uses &amp; stole her rabbit!!! rabbit = vibrator...erkssss! Caught red-handed...found in her luggage. God knows what else she has tried secretly...their bed? her lingerie?
 


steph,
OMG!!! That's so disgusting....... uses (=sharing) her Madam's "rabbit", yucks yucks yucks! Wonder if the maid uses the "rabbit" for the same purpose or not :p

How are you coping with your 2 boys btw, without helper? How you settle your dinner? At your IL place? Or you cook dinner?
 

Back
Top