(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs

i agree with pixie

and i cant wait to send my maid back... 6 more months and her contract will end. i am now still sourcing for a CC for Javier...

Pixie
u put xandall at the honeytree near ur office la.. then i also put there.. heehee...
 


wise o empress dowager! *claps*

i agree. stupid, slow, forgetful still can accept but lying, cheating, stealing is a big no no.
 
jess
i wish leh. then lunchtime can see him rite. i saw the honeytree before. maybe 1 day go reecee.
sorlie lah, my hb and my mil very firm that they dont allow. i know i am the mother of my son but still cannot leh...
i think of it, very gek sim. haiz

but put at honeytree, go home from chaichee to sengkang, very sianzzz...long journey
yest off at 6, reach home 7.20 leh

btw, did you check out the ctr? did you check out the reviews from mummies online?
 
pauline, ask yr agent to remind yr maid not to talk to other maid. My agent reminded my maid firmly on the first day not to talk to any strangers when we r outside. I also do the same.

I hate it when they talk to other maid cos they will compare.
 
pixie
next year Jan la... 2 years old liao mah.. go pyscho them... i just called them up. now also no vacancy. they are open for registration for next year liao. it is $400 after subsidy.
u can see their blog at: http://honeytreeccc.blogspot.com/

i haven go into the center b4.. only walk past occasionally... find 1 day we go together!!!
 
jess
i checked online comments and all seemed to like the ctr and teachers saying the teachers all love the kids etc etc

yah, you onz? meet n go? during work lar hor. i cannot weekend ah.

my mil say 2yo attend the playgroup 1 day 3 hrs kind leh
 
Pixie, I also knock off at 6pm and reach home ( must rush type hor) also 7+.

Pauline: yea cannot let maid talk to other maids, they will learn more tricks as they tend to complain to each other and learn new tactics from each other. So be careful , especially you don’t understand the language.
 
tongtong, pixie, my agent's maid, I'm still not so worried cos my agent's wife is 10 times stricter than me. I just need to complain once to her or her husband and it'll go a long way. Actually, initially I didn't mind if they do bump into each other and say hi, catch up a bit but she cannot lie and bluff me that she's arranging the stroller. I already saw the other maid talking in her direction and my maid was standing against the wall. Who can she be talking to except my maid? :p
 
kitsune,
Will u be doing bloom shoots with studioloft?
happy.gif

i think i will be back to do LBS for #2 when he turn 12mths as return customer get 20% off.
ehh..i forgot to ask u how's yr pre-natal massage with Mdm Suriyah? Did u engage her service?
 
Steph, I asked but they don't do prenatal massage. They said Mdm Rokiah does. But she said must wait until 6 months then can do. While waiting, I went to try Rustic Nirvana and the masseur that Grumpus recommended. End up I signed for post natal package with Rustic Nirvana. :p
 
Cheryl,
I think moderator took out the thread liao. So now cannot read... The main thing is that should spree with familar organizers and dun jump into impulse buying.
Apparently, the offer that woman gave is too good to be true. Just imagine can have "FREE shipping" for all bags even though buy from US. At first many buyers were skeptical and questioned her how she can offer free shipping. Then she said her hubby is a pilot and can help to bring in bags w/o shipping costs. Then this tempted lots of buyers. Then I also read that she is out to cheat the buyers. Coz she owed credit card bill and she thought of this way to get cash to settle her bill....
 
the funny thing is, i wondered how she thinks she can con ppl with this coz very ez to track down ppl online one leh
the trick should at least be more elaborate than this?
 
kitsune, you got try not to let her go out so often? not that I mean, but we try not to let my maid go out often, else she gets into a habit of always wanna go out.
 
Pixie, tot you should leave at 5pm?? Anyway the lady is only 21 years old.. very naïve so din think so much of the consequences one lor.
 
Abt maid
I have decided to fire mine after she damage my sofa cover last Sunday. I was super pissed cos my white cover now turns pink becos stupid maid lazy n throw the red n white cover into washing machine n color runs. My hubby was pissed off with her becos my #2 cry at nite n she can still sleep n not wake up to attend to #2 wor... While I was secretly looking for replacement, yesterday she told me she want to change employer cos can't handle bb... So now I have to find her an employer soon so that I don't need to pay extra levy as I have found a replacement maid n waiting for current one to go.

Kitsune,
guess u have to issue warning to her n if she still lie, then no point keeping her else u may not have time to train a new one. My current one with me for 5 mths n finally I gave up on her cos brought her to agent for scolding 2 times b4.
 
Steph,

Sorry for the late reply..when u paged for me.
for the lego, i din see that set when I went to John Little, I din go to Robinson. I only spotted the small tub ones and other sets. the small tub alone cos 39.90 if i am can still remember correctly. so I guess the bp will be a good buy bah.
 
<font color="0000ff">cheryl / tongtong / jess</font>

Already PMed you my address this morning. If you didn't receive it, sms me, k? See you on Sunday!
 
kitsune,
yr maid sounds 'smart' leh, dun sound like those fresh from kampong one...sometimes those biodata also cannot believe.
maybe she was from kampong when young but has been working in the city for many years already also u won't know..
 
Grumpus, superbee, she said she has 4 years experience looking after children in Philippines. Not sure which part of Philippines but she not sure of how to use electrical appliances.

Superbee, ya, actually I got her in to help look after no. 1 while I look after no. 2. Your maid sleep through even though no. 2 cry ah? Is she always like that? Yesterday, we were home whole day, RaeAnne did allow her to feed some dinner and play with her. Anyway, I told hubby, the next maid we hire may not be any better so see how first lor, if reallly buay tahan then change lor. :p

Today, bought prune juice for her constipation and nasi lemak for her lunch. :p
 
hi there,anyone has any experience/comments on these childcare ctrs, in terms of whether they are gd in taking care of the kids, opp for outdoor/water play, etc? Am hunting for our 20mths son,prefer near bedok.
(1) Discovery Kidz at Bedok Ria
(2) Kinderland at Tampines Safra
(3) My first classroom at Senett Lane
(4) Treasure Box childcare at Bedok Road
TIA!
 
Hi mummies,

Can ask advice from you all employ new maid is better or get those transfer maid is beter? Filop or Indo? Need to have exp in Sin is better or not? Which is better married or single? Age range? my main concern is to take care of my 2 kids so must know how to take care of 3 mths born?

Thkq in advance!
 
Kitsune,
New maid must really keep a close watch. However, nowadays it's common for them to share information cos Filopinos knows their "rights" even if they come from kampong.

You know I only bring my maid (so do my brother-in-law) to in-laws place once a week. They can also compare workload..*Faint* 2 indo maids and 1 myanmar..can compare ironing load, washing load, cleaning load..They didn't realise that they are working for different household and paid differently. In the end, we try not to let the maids have their meal times together cos that's when they have their weekly conference..

I will tell my maid madam wants to go shopping, eat quickly now. no time to wait for others cos wait shop close.
 
blackbatz, actually I don't bring my maid anywhere but to playgroup. That one no choice and she will have lots of chance to chit chat cos a lot of maids drop off the kids instead of their parents cos class starts at 9am so most parents working liao. At least before I pop, I can go down with her and keep an eye on her. She don't dare to chit chat if I'm around. But after I pop, will be tough to check if she's having mini conference with other maids cos I'll be looking after no. 2. :p
 
morning all,

am back to refresh group but hope i wun have lots of backlogs to clear!

re: maid

haiz... every maid is a headache. i brot my maid to the PD clinic last fri cos we have to zoom down to Giant to do marketing after PD visit. she sat outside the clinic n chit chat with another maid. end up, i told hb i bringing #1 out to sit. the other maid immed stop talking. yday told her to cook sweet corn soup and to add in carrot, potato to the soup b4 i left for my grandma's hse. i came back, felt the earthquake, tot is me who is unstable, so i lied down to rest. came out at 430pm, she asked me if nid to put the potato into the soup to cook together, i replied "Yes". at 5pm, when my hb is showering my #2, i went to the kitchen to look at the soup! ..simi SOUP? not done at all! i so angry complained to hb. hb told me he did asked her if she had finished wat M'am asked her to do and she replied "yes, all done". i was like "HAR?"
i asked her to do the following and the results was:

1) cook chicken bones soup so that we can store for next week (done)
2) use some of the chicken soup to make sweetcorn soup and add in potatoes, carrot to it (not done - only sweetcorn is cooked in a separate container)
3) take out the dow miao, shitake mushroom n soak them. (only dow miao is soak, shitake mushroom still in plastic bag!)

and the worst is, she opened the door when we are not in. told stranger to come back at 4pm to look for sir/m'am! walau... no sense of security???

Re: my fav topic, my MIL

she said her leg pain cannot move. yet she can go to her grandnephew's bday party and called us when she is there. happened that my hb was in toilet so i answered. she asked me 3 times "are u sure u are not coming down? there's lots of children here!" i gave her the same ans "NO" for 3 times. then she put down the phone angrily haha ops. i told hb abt it n hb supported me. already told the cousin we not attending mah. gift n ang pao already given! then yday i asked hb to call them to see how she is n to let the grandchildren talk to them. immed they told my #1 tat next week can see them liao cos we are going out to meet them (my MIL's mother's bday celebration). my son turned to me and ask "mummy, is it true we going out next week?" i told him loudly "no, u so notti, we ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" n i still refuse to turn up at porpor's bday celebration. SUE ME Leh haha
 
Morning, Mummies.
Maids are a problem but still I will need to employ one. After discussion with hubby over the weekend, he said he still prefer maid rather than CC. So he wins loh.
But instead of 2 yrs contract, we are looking at only 1 yr first. Can mummies advise if there is 1 yr contract maids for new maids or only available from transfer maids? Anyone can recommend a good maid agency?
 
mylvera,
Cheers for you!!! Do take care now, and don't let the office workload get on you. Your ankles and your blood pressure all okay already?

I am at my 37 weeks, so can pop anytime now, really. Baby weighs 2.8kg as per last Saturday, pretty good size, I think. No BH, no nothing yet, gynae said not engaged yet. The only uncomfortable thing is my gal makes me run to toilet very very very often, and that's really sianz..... Other than that, everything okay, just have to wait and see. Best if she wants to wait till this weekend of next week, cos my parents will be here on the 25th!
 
Kam,

BP ok. ankle no ok. as long as i walk abit too much, n tat includes marketing (1/2 hr nia??) my ankle will b swollen in pain again.

u on ML liao? my gal's movement very BIG n painful at times haha BH is daily event for me.
 
mylvera,
No leh, still at work! Can't "waste" my ML cos I only have 2 months leh. Thinking if the frequency of going to toilet still that much (like at least once per hour, so can't sleep well at night), might ask gynae to give me HL starting next week (if I still haven't popped this weekend). This week has audit and a couple of important meetings so must come to work and have to clear all my work by this Friday liao!

You didn't go for the treatment by sinseh for your ankle huh? Sounds bad leh, still.
 
i went for pre-natal massage and told the masseur to focus on my left side esp the ankle. for the day of massage, everything went well. next day everything back to sq 1 again haha gave up.

i am oso aiming for another HL haha cos if my left side still weak, no point coming to work haha (partly cos i cannot focus on work n home now lor) but then, came back ... look at emails.. lots of things waiting for me to do, seems unlikely to go on leave again.
 
kam
good for you, your pregnancy is very smooth till now, hope to keep it this way yah!

mylvera
you take care, dont overworked ok
did you realised that your posts in SMH are much more "sunnier" every since your ILs left ur place? it does shows and i bet you are happier in life, yes?

anyway, HL hor, is counted under mc ah? if mc all finished up liao then how?
 
pixie,

my hb n me are happier in life ever since they LEFT! tiring but worth it. at least we can guide our children the way we wanted and not what they wanted. short of manpower forced us to order tingkat but we felt is necessary den to leave our children banging here n there or simply do nothing but WATCH TV? we reduced the amt spent on TV and the amt of titbits to our sons and now, every meal time, they hungry n will eat faster n my #1 will feed himself? :p

MC is deducted from the number of HL we have. but the HL we get per annum is 30-60 days? while some coy give only 14 days MC? so still got balance for HL lah haha
 
mylvera
good for you. can see the kids are improving. tingkat quite expensive? the food good? my parents ordered tingkat too (coz my sis and her premmie baby stays with them) but they gave up after a mth. the food sux ley. which company did you choose?


last sat, i went to my parents place to visit them. we quarrelled infront of my parents. sighs. my mom sure worry like crazy one. i asked my hb to take care of my boy while i prepare his food (cut into pcs), he dont want, and say i always dont jaggah our boy when im outside. wtf?? then how to jaggah and prepare food at the same time? he sit there, surf net on the phone? really tulanz, quarrel lor. my parents and my sister (with her family) oso ard, all diam diam
then my mom asked my hb, eh got fish in the wok, did you eat? he very angry, and retort her. i told him off, saying can you dont treat my mom so rude? would you be treating your DARLING mom like that? he say i angry, pick stuff to quarrel with him.
when we got home, he called up my mom and apologise.
but i still tulanz lor. expect me to run ard my boy everytime we are outside (esp my parents place), cannot touch this cannot touch that. where is my boy's childhood when there are restrictions on everything? say i very lazy, dont like to take care of my boy, all the hse work he do...really...so damn unreasonable. left me speechless with his distorted facts.
fyi, i took care of my boy myself on sat coz he was not feeling well ok.
so angry!
 
Kam,
37 wks liao... Should be resting by now. I hope you get clear up as much work and get HL starting next week. 2.8Kg is ok. Just wait for the day to come.

Me also just went for my 34 wks checkup. Baby already 2.8kg. Although I don't have BH, swollen feet and frequent toilet visits, but I got constant leg cramps and this super pointed and big tummy, causing me to have difficulties in walking liao... I need to tahan until another 2 wks for my next visit before asking gynae if can give HL. BP also went up on the higher side of the normal range.

Mylvera,
Great to hear that you are happy with no disturbance from ILs. Hehehe.. If you are still unwell and getting BH, ask for another HL!

Pixie,
PEACE PEACE! At least he apologised to your mum already. Hubbys always thot that they are the 2nd line of support and when anything comes to children, mummies should be the first to hand. They always have this mentality.
 
Re: Hospitalisation leave
By getting this HL, doesn’t mean we got to be admitted to hospital but can stay at home and rest?
 
Tongtong,
From my understanding, doc can issue HL for you to stay at home and rest. Does not mean you must be admitted to hospital.
 
krystle,
Wah, your boy big size huh, same size as my girl though 4 weeks different. No wonder you have a big tummy. My tummy is pretty big, but I still walk as normal, and still carry my boy (13kg!)...... That day my gynae told my hubby to take up more duties from me, my hubby pretends he didn't hear that :p

You raised up your legs while sleeping or not? Or try wearing socks? For me, I conclude that when the room temperature turns cooler, I would have leg crapms. This few months have been so hot, so I don't have leg cramps like my last pregnancy.

How easy to get HL huh? Is it all depends on how lenient the gynae is? Or do I have to tell her I am really not feeling well in one way or another?
 
mylvera,
But do I have to check with my HR if they accept HL follows immediately by ML? Cos I remember you said your co doesn't allow right? I still have mc left, but thought just in case I might need to take some mc after my ML.
 

hello mummies.
happy.gif


mylvera, hehe, you don't go to the 'ah ma's birthday party, got give red packet or not?

Kam, maybe your gal will be petite like Haore? But never mind, your kids gain weight fast after they are born.
happy.gif


Pixie, sorry to hear about the quarrel. Most of the time, I only show hubby black face but don't quarrel with him in ILs place or my parents' place. Cos I don't want to air 'dirty linen' in someone else's house cos loss of face and make them worry mah. But he usually quite savvy, will try and 'please' me when he see me black face. Maybe try and talk to your hubby a bit more and see how you can compromise. At my ILs place, I don't do much ie. don't feed RaeAnne or bathe her but at my parents' place, I'll do both cos my parents can't help mah. So, at my ILs place, my hubby also slack except sometimes help to bathe her cos my MIL can't catch her fast enough but FIL is obese, slow in moving around.
 

Back
Top