(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


She's now with my mum, I dun dare to bring her back too.. I miss her soooooo much! We r still discussing wen is the best time to fetch her back?
 
Kam,
I think the Calendula Cream not really for whole body moisturing use. The cream wash in fact too harsh on my baby butt when he had nappy rash. It turns his butt to all red. But then again, diff baby diff reaction. I find this cream good for rashes, it become more for my use. Maybe the lotion can. It is a bit of "cooling" effect. I use their powder, mosquito spritzer and aloe vera cream before. Aloe vera is slightly more gentle than calendula.
 
Icy,
Thanks for sharing. I thought using the Calendula cream on the Hao Re's eczema patches, not the whole body. Suitable or not?
 
kam
should be suitable if for affected areas.
i use as whole body before, but i find it too ex to slather on everywhere, so i switched to the moisturising cream. only rashes area i apply calendula cream. my boy has no prob with the calendula cream on his whole body.
you try on affected area first and slowly add on more areas if there is no bad reaction to the cream lah

i've used the calendula cream on my face before as moisturiser. hhaha a bit bo liao...
 
Tongtong, haha, if I had gone to Botanical gardens, I'll end up like you. RaeAnne will definitely sleep very late cos hyper. Then hubby will give me the 'I told you so' expression cos everytime outing is my suggestion mah. :p

RaeAnne takes 45mins -1 hr to fall asleep every night. I was rushing home around from my mum's place last night so that I can put her to sleep around the usual time so that she can wake up at 8+am for playgroup this morning. End up she slept at 1030pm. :p

Kam, I tried using calendula cream on RaeAnne's eczema and mosquito bites. Sad to say, it doesn't really work, that's why for her recent vaccination, I asked for eczema cream from dr. I only use calendula when her rash/itch is not so bad anymore but still visible. But one thing good about calendula is that it smells very good so my gal will find different places/spots on her body and ask me to apply for her. Since it's natural, I just apply and amuse her. ;)

My maid is coming tomorrow night. Just went to NTUC and ABC bargain store to grab some last minute stuff especially a toyogo box to put her things. Decided to buy a box instead of letting her keep things in my cabinet cos I'm afraid next time, she'll hide things there. At least, a plastic translucent box is more '一目了然‘。 If I want to 'check' on her belongings, it'll be less obvious.
 
so gd... no matter hw early i reach also 6pm knock off le..
gd 4 u.. can go see ur boy early
happy.gif
 
Jess,
No problem. The one with Javier and Hao Re shaking hand (kind of) very the cute :)

Kitsune,
Thanks for sharing. I have Elomet cream from PD for bad eczema. Think of getting CB product for those dry-but-yet-to-develop-into-eczema patches, so to minimise the use of steroid cream. I found that if the patches already turned bad, must use steriod cream, else won't go away for a long time.
 
tongtong,

yesterday not very bad. Only 1 bad one on the back of his hand. Then a few dry patches on his arms and legs and tummy.
 
hehe, Kam, we very bad, never spot those yet to be develop into eczema patches. Last time, PD advise not to apply anything on RaeAnne after her bath so we stopped the J&J bedtime lotion. Used to apply for her after bath, hoping she'll sleep earlier but it didn't help. But her skin usually quite dry also, esp fingers cos she always gets skin tags. Must be my genes. :p
 
Kam,
It should work, really more for those dry-but-yet-to-develop-into-eczema patches. Should be fine. It does not work well for heat rash.
 
tongtong
yes...and maybe no?
if i got nothing on, i will definitely go see my boy. unless i have something on (pet appt, facial, dental appt)...or durian outing heehee
 
<font color="0077aa">on Behalf of Angelsky

<font size="+2">We are proud to anounce the arrival of our baby girl Vera Ang on August 2nd morning!</font>

Birth weight: 3.450kg</font>



Congrats to angelsky!!!
 
Wow! angelsky has finally popped! Look forward to hearing her birth story. Wonder if she was induced after all. ;)

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Congrats! Angelsky!
kao_clap.gif
</font></font>
 
angelsky: congrats...baby finally arrived
happy.gif


icy, hw ur pregnancy? saw ur earlier posts u hav spotting? hav u pass first trimester?
today veeri busy, hardly got time to post n catchup
 
aqua,
I am much better now. No more spotting now. :D Haven't pass first tri. This is a boring wait, I had to wait 3 more weeks for gynae checkup and oscar test.
 
kitsune,
I din take that, in fact my thread recommend chicken of essence, works for most of us with spottings. haha

angelsky baby
Baby Vera weigh 3.450kg, (I just update). Sure a big baby for her petite size.
 
Angelsky,

CONGRATES!!!!! FINALLY!!!!


Kitsune,
We don't use moisturiser/lotion at all on ourselves, cos my hubby hates it. If not for the eczema, won't apply anything on Hao Re. We believe that no matter how natural the product is, there are still some chemical residues.
 
Wa, nice weight for angelsky. Hope she has a small head, easier to deliver.
happy.gif


Ooh, chicken essence also can ah? Good lar, I hate taking hormone pills. Only took 3-4, the rest of it still with me. Don't know whether to throw away but the med quite exp lor. :p
 
Preggie mummies, I've got an extra tube of Galenic/Elancyl stretch mark cream to let go at only $25, it's retailing at $30+. Anyone who is keen and able to collect at Tampines, please PM me.
happy.gif
 
icy, thanks for posting
happy.gif


yo everyone,

I am reporting from TMC, I went in on sat night after dinner. I know what did I not do already la. Never eat ba ku teh and never go ION. Had slight tum tum pain on Sat morning. But still wanna go walk walk for a while, after walking went home to drop my gal off. Then we decided to still go eat BKT before heading to TMC, in case end up really got to deliver then never get to eat. Very greedy hor.

But imagine my shock when I went in, actually already 4cm dilated. Nurse was so surprised I can still walk and not much of pain.

9pm - 4cm dilated when I went in

10 pm - Epi given, supposedly high dosage becoz #2 onwards usually very fast delivery, may not have time for effect to set in. I was getting worried. Developed fever, no progress after that.

12 midnight - Gynae came in, dilation still at 4 cm, no progession which is consider slow, coz #2 should have been out by then. He burst water bag for me and left and we continue to wait. Hubbie went out to drink water, met his buddy whose wife who was early by 3 weeks, came in for contractions and jus delivered. What a small world. Hubbie went to jalan jalan at the petrol station next door, saw Gynae going home. We thought it was going to be another long delivery process again. SIAN.

0300 am - Nurse checked, ask me to start practicing to push. In my mind I was thinking, is she going to deliver for me? Since Gynae already went back.

0330 am - Gynae came back, looking very sleepy, bet he never slept much and was re-actived back again. Everyone got ready for the baby's arrival, was told to push harder.

0350 am - After great effort, baby Vera was born.

Kitsune, her head small like her sister, 33cm, thank goodness, so still ok. But I think my stamina must be weak lo. They ask me to push but I also dont know push what, just anyhow try.

We will be going home tomo, yeah!!!!! I miss home.

This time, the recovery was much faster than the first, Sunday morning after breakfast, got out of bed, and was up and about. Not much of soreness as well. GREAT!!!!

Thanks for being there gals :D Looking forward to going home tomo with our newest addition.
 
Angelsky,
Sounds like a smooth delivery! And glad to hear you are up and strong already on the 2nd day! Enjoy your time with your new bundle of joy!!!
 
Kitsune, you ask about the wards right?

When they checked me in for the pre delivery procedures, hubbie went to do the administration for the wards and went to the room to put our stuff. I am at the 6th floor. So far, I find their attitude and service quite good
happy.gif
. Comparable with level 3 for me, for #1 I stayed at level 3. Just that the nursery is smaller I think in size as compared to level 3.

Not sure if you can request for floors though.

The difference I heard from hubbie, because I am in a single room, so they ask me we wanted to stay on the 5th level, supposedly ts all single rooms and above ba? Top up another 50 per day and you get a better room with more facilities, but what is more, he never ask, coz we never take up. Just stuck to single room becoz no point, coz already spend more for him to stay in with me.

Also if I delivered on Sat instead of Sunday, I go home on Monday instead of Tuesday, because the package is 3 days and 2 nights. So like today, I am well and about, but Nurse say package is 3 days 2 nights, so go home early also pay the same, so we stay lo.
 
Angelsky, that's great. Happy for you.
happy.gif


Ooh! Baby Vera so cute, she does look big though. ;)

Hope I have a smooth delivery and a fast recovery like you too. At DS 2 weeks ago, her head is still slightly big, hope the rest of her body catches up and her head becomes smaller in proportion. :p
 
Thanks for the info, I think level 5 is the one with all the single beds and suites but more exp by $50 per night. Actually I'm willing to pay a bit more if the companion bed is better cos hubby had a hard time sleeping at KK last time. Too cramped and sofa bed too hard. He's the sort who flips a lot in his sleep and my gal takes after him. ;P
 
kitsune,
Aiyoh, no need to be so good to hubby lah. YOU are the one who needs to comfort, not hubby! The extra $50 should be spent on you, not hubby. You are a kind soul!
 
Kam, my hubby quite poor thing cos he'll kenna the physical and verbal 'abuse' from me when I'm delivering so want to let him sleep better lor. Make myself feel better. That day when Dr Wong told me no. 2's head also takes after Daddy, bigger and wider, I wanted to 'smack' him liao. Haha.
 
Congrats Angelsky on the arrival of baby vera!
happy.gif


mylife,
saw you mentioned that hk is selling elmo dvd. is it elmo world &amp; how much? i m keen to get it if it is cheap! thanks!
 
Thanks
happy.gif
!!!!

Kitsune, think by then he should be very tired, got place to sleep not bad lo. The sofa bed in TMC quite ok le. My hubbie slept like a log, coz too tired leow. So far so good. But I find the level 6 room although its also single room, but its like bigger than my previous level 3 room le.
 
kitsune, no have la. Pay money lo. TMC got the wireless service, but they charge by usage I think. My hubbie applied, coz he need to work. :p. I just borrow his lappie now, while he doze off for a while.
 
Duh, must pay $$ ah. Sure very exp lar, everything there exp. I can't stand their parking rates, everytime go, spend a big bomb! :p

By the way, if Level 6 service is good and rooms are slightly bigger, maybe I opt for Level 6 next time too, provided they let me choose lar. ;)
 
angelsky,
Oh, alternatively can get wireless service for singtel, m1 or starhub.

I remember M1 charges $18 for 3 days unlimited wireless usage.
 

AngelSky,
Congratulations!! So cute..

Pauline,
Aiyo..Luckily u remembered to buy her toyogo box..Mine is the 5 tier drawers type. Another gentle reminder, after she folds the clothes, ask her to leave in the respective rooms. then u keep them in the cupboard yourself. Otherwise, give her chance to check out your cupboard. I'm sure you don't want to lsoe your lingerie. :p
 

Back
Top