(2008/01) Jan 2008 MTBs


blessedbaby, kitsune, tong tong, aqua, in the end I fell asleep, so still reporting back here
happy.gif
.

Thanks
happy.gif
, for all the encouragement, you gals make good cheering team!!!!
 
wah angelsky you still around. jiayou and enjoy while it lasts...after delivery the very bz liao....your hb came back yest issit ah? coz 2 days ago you said tmr nite (aka yest nite)
 
angelsky,
Gambatte!!!

I am finally free... X recovered from his fever. So tiring. Just read on newspaper that if you had flu, 90% of the chance is that you got h1n1. Sounds horrible, especially for little kids and pregnant mums.
 
jess
dont sit down lah. haha...stand up more...then wont have the giddiness coz it happens only when i sit and stand up
doc say maybe internal organs inbalance....vertigo maybe? but i know vertigo is much worse than this ley

ay, metro 20% off leh. this time i heard even beauty brands oso 20% off, coz 1 counter called me up say their brand oso 20%. which is rare
today till sunday. opens till 11am today and tmr...later maybe go shop shop muahahaha
 
icy
yay finally your boy well liao! at least weekend not burnt rite. just now in clinic, the poster say it is recomended caregivers take flu shot if the child you are minding is less than 24mths old...hmm...maybe ask my mil to take jab since she looks after 3 kids in the day. dont want her to be sick too
 
ok topic of the afternoon:
if you are at home alone and brewing the vege stock (like me now), but need to go downstairs to buy some stuff (like me now) for a short while, will you leave the stove on?
i very tempted to leave the stove on....close all windows??
what if i burnt the house down? muahahahah...

blessedbaby
i read your post, wah wise move. if i wanna write email to my mil, i oso dunno if she understand my english or not haha
 
tongtong,

Yeh, we were pretty late at Bx's playdate. I saw you&shawn. Shawn was very active, liked to stand up, and held Brightenstation(?)...My gal was super cranky at that playdate; so we left early also.

This Sunday I may go early, around 4+; let my gal walk around botanic garden. We have brought my gal there twice; she loved botanic Garden.
 
Mom2Nat,
Good idea sia! Playdate at Lyn place.. yah.. sounds like Ray have a lot of toys.

Lyn,
Yah.. just read through the past threads, I had spotting last week, fortunately it is okie. Somehow quite a few people on mar 10 thread had essence of chicken and it helps in stopping spottings. I will freak out when i see spottings cos never had good news after that. Praying hard and it seemed like this time everything looks good.

blessedbaby
Really admire your courage to clear everything with ur mil. Like kitsune, I always take MIL like a teacher or someone which I don't dare to challenge. Perhaps because the way hb had introduced me from day 1. Then everything get bottled up.. feel so terrible.


Confinement lady
Seemed a bit early to discuss this for my case but I am considering the option of having a confinement lady or just getting hb to take leave for 2 weeks at home.

Given this situation that there is no extra rooms for CL. 1 room for mil, 1 room for sil. X already sleep with us. I dunno where to place the CL, unless sil sleep with mil. hb and X sleep in sil room during my confinement

I also worried abt unhelpful CL - how much can CL helps?

My MIL will be at home, taking care of the usual housework and meals. I wonder if HB help is enough, just to keep an eye on Xavier.

Anyone let CL and BB sleep in same room as u? Can still have enough rest?

I remember when I had confinement with X, I had no time to nap in the day... somehow.. with the breastfeeding, eating for myself, taking care of X when mil busy cooking.. with #2, I will confirm need help either from HB or CL.
 
pixie,
yah but doubt I will go out for weekend since he just recovered. I check with GP abt the vaccination before, it will be out in Oct. But because the jabs are limited, so the priority will be given to patients with chronic illness and perhaps pregnant ladies and young children.
 
icy
since your mil cooks confinement meals, then if i were you, i will ask my hb take leave. and hire a pt helper (one day xx hrs do housework only). then your mil will have more time to look after you and #2, while your hb concentrate on #1
 
pixie,
Have such pt helper? That can like help few times a week for say 1-3 mths? That's also a good idea.

Oh ya, regarding ur qn, think i will play safe and turn off the stove. heehee
 
icy,
Glad u & #2 is doing well.
i think pixie refer the pt helper as domestic cleaner where aunty (local/china) come your hse weekly for 3 or 4hrs do hsework (mop, vacuum/sweep floor, toilet, kitchen etc)& iron clothes for the family. My pt cleaner aunty charge $10/hr & she comes to my hse fortnightly.

Lynn,
tks
happy.gif
i didn't buy any toys wif music but will take note if i do. I just found out i got the wrong size for the pack of disney underwear for Z...arghhh gotta make a trip down again to exchange but an excuse again to see if got any special daily buy!keke...
 
icy
got
my pt cleaner cleans a unit daily for 4-6 hrs (depending on the lady owner lah). saves $$ mah coz they didnt want to employ maid and got kids at home daily
cannot dont clean, but dont want hire maid. so take pt cleaner lor
 
OG got sales or not this weekend?

Pixie, yea I will still leave the stove on wor or shift into slow cooker ( cuz that one use electric ma), but make sure the window is closed so that no wind can come in to put off the fire? But I will make sure I will chop chop finish the shopping . anyway it’s still best not to leave it on hehe.

Tubao, yea shaun was very active so I had hard time taking care of him :p ok see you there this weekend!
 
Hubby sprained his ankle yesterday so it was swollen today. Brought RaeAnne to playgroup and left almost immediately cos got to drive him to the nearby clinic. Teacher said she adjusted well today, only cried a bit from 9-930am when the door opened and other students came in cos she thought it was Mummy. Luckily she didn't beat any one today. When we went to fetch her, she even ran back to the classroom to hold teacher's hand and bring teacher out to the waiting area again.
happy.gif


Icy, for me, the CL was very helpful cos not only did she look after baby at night, she did the washing and sterilising of pump parts and bottles, cooked for me and hubby, boiled red date tea, tonic soups and fish soups, wash our clothes, including light housechores eg. sweeping and mopping the floor, even helped to massage me with hot towels when I had low supply. So during my confinement, I could really rest, just need to be moo moo cow. I slept in the day too fr naps. But from 2nd month to 3rd of maternity leave, when MIL came over to help me. I hardly had any time to nap in the day cos MIL needs to nap in the day when she looks after baby at night. I also need to wash and sterilise bottles etc myself. So, this time, even though I'll be hiring a maid, I'm still getting a CL. ;)
 
Tongtong, hubby knocked out from taking the painkillers liao. We decided to bring RaeAnne for her 18mth booster jab this evening cos next Fri is my birthday, if she gets fever, will be very sian for the long weekend. 'Luckily', due to hubby's sprained ankle, he got excuse chit from GP so he doesn't need to go for army mobilisation tomorrow if not tomorrow whole day burnt. If RaeAnne kenna fever, very difficult for me to look after her also. ;P
 
eNemum, nope his ICT is on 11 Aug, that one he cannot 'siam' one. But he asked GP to write excuse for him not to run for 1 month cos this ICT, he is expected to do his IPPT and he don't think he can run his 2.4km with a weak ankle.

Yup, my hubby received the call tree activation call in the car when we were on our way to the GP liao. :p
 
eNemum, ya lor, I agree but luckily this ICT, I should have my maid by then. If not, got to bunk in with ILs or send my gal to ILs place for 2 weeks. Lagi sian. 2008, he successfully deferred his ICT cos it was 1 week after my EDD. :p
 
hi mummies, hope I don't scare anyone here. In fact, if you deal with me in person, I am a nice and flexible lady. ;-) As much as to my ILs, I never (or try to) do anything that make them to worry/not happy about me. I am trying my best to fit into the family, be a peacemaker, be a understanding person or anything you would call. So far, my hubby is proud of me of the way I handle my ILs, all have been very well except my MIL who is always thinking that I may take advantage of her son or such like that. If I explain everything face to face with her, I would not able to say all I mean, coz I may end up crying or so and she might think I am stressed. So for me, for being a straightforward person, I would say out as much as I could feel and erase everything off from my memory. I would not sit at one corner and munch my problem. I will find the way to do it. Of course, with my ILs, I do respect them as much as respect my parents. I do care for them as much as I could (even they do not need it yet).
 
blessedbaby, nope, I don't find it scary. I'm glad you have a non confrontional channel to commmunicate to them. My ILs place don't even have internet connection, let alone email. Haha. :p
 
kitsune,
I am concern abt the "limited space" at home, and also seemed like a lot of complains abt CL. A good one is hard to come by.. sigh...
 
tubao,

Glad you will be joining us. I am not sure what time I will be there. Can you PM us your mobile, so that we can have a look out for you when we are there. Good to have a gal to join, cos tongtong's, Jess' and mine all boys mah :) But my Hao Re already has a steady girl friend at school, and 1 standby at KL, haha :)


Mandy,
Will e-mail the BirdPark offer to you on Monday, k? I am on leave today, and saved that on my work laptop.


Today went for checkup. My gynae said I am between 34-35 week. Baby at 2.5kg. Reasonable size. But I have put on about 2kg in 2 weeks!!! Duh, and she said I have quite bad water retention on my face, not on my leg. Have to cut down salt intake, but nowadays, every meal also eat out, how to cut salt intake?

Anyway, have a good day going around the island with hubby to eat and to buy stuff. And surely 717 is one of our stop :)
 
luca, dun want lar, got to write in chinese leh. Somemore my fil super sensitive person, if i write him a letter, it'll only backfire. I already chose to spend more $ n hire a maid that can only speak english. Hope next time less ils issues with no. 2. ;p

icy, u due in march right? U want me to introduce mine to you? When will your new place top? Now got another development next to it but also facing the reservoir, u heard about it?
 
kitsune,
Yes, due in march. I think I have to wait another mth. Then have to discuss with hb and mil. MMmm.. oh ya, if CL and bb stayed in the same room, do u think mummy can still have good rest?

My new place only top in 2011 earliest. Baby #2 will be at least 18 mths then. Meanwhile, 4 of us will squeeze in 1 room. I don't want to kick Xavier out to mil room, i think it will be unfair to him.

There is a total of 3 or 4 developments there, the developer kind of break up the land and sell them like a series. I still waiting for the news on where the new MRT is. haha definately will bring up the value of the property.
 
icy,
ya having a CL is so much better. my CL did EVERYTHING in the house, cook, clean, take care of bb, feed bb etc etc. Like kitsune i can nap all day if i want and only need to moo moo cow.

after the first month, my MIL help and found i hv to do a lot more things, but that's also cos my MIL not very competent lah. But remember u have Xavier now leh, u will need yr MIL to take care of Xavier while CL take care of u and bb, make sure u take all opportunity to rest properly in the 1st month cos after tat u hv to do everything yrself liao.

btw my CL slept on tilam in the living room. bb cot also outside with her.
 
icy, oh i see. Ideally, better for no. 2 to sleep with cl lar. But if really cannot, even if baby cry, as long as u r not first in line, still can continue sleeping. After all, we pay cl to look after baby at night so no need to feel bad about ignoring baby's cries. If baby needs to bf, then cl wake u up. But if it's mil, sure paiseh to interrupt their sleep. End up at night also cannot rest. :p
 
Angelsky: Congrats to u! and Jia you!
happy.gif


Icy: I didnt tak any Essense of chicken becos i cant stand e taste and smell of it.. my gynae ask mi to rest more and walk less. He said bb is fine, if i worry he can giv mi a jab.
I'm getting a CL dis time and maybe a maid too.. depends...

Mom2nat: sure, can arrange a playdate wif Icy too.. hmm.. not many toys la becos some spoilt and i throw away and some toys at my mum's place. so far e piano still doing well at my place...

Mummies: do ur no.1 sleep wif no.2? currently my no.1 sleep alone in his rm since day 1.

steph: how u coping wif 2 boys? i'll b like u soon...
 
Grumpus: CL will clean e kitchen aft cooking? datz gd! so i dont hav to get a maid so soon. probably aft my confinement.. do i need to buy a bed for e CL or juz mattress will do? dis is my 1st time getting CL becos e previous time was my mum..
 
Pixie,
ya lor. I quite on. like everywhere u see my nick..machiam my stress therapy. Usually buy for kids..I cannot buy gap / on stuff unless it is xs petite or xxs. I think I'm ur sister regular spreeist, plus my sister too. ha..ha..

usually no time to chat in the forum but will die die find time to place orders for spree.

Mom2nat,
I made a new cupboard for my mum's living room, thinking that I keep my teaching resources. Ended up, filled to the brim with my boys' toys. I have to remind myself not to buy more toys but the taka sale is quite good le..
 
lynn,
ya CL will do everything including parents and bb laundry. but usually she won't take care of extended family like ILs. after cooking she will clean the kitchen for sure. she will also cook for hb and any other kids. in between when bb sleep then she will fold clothes, sweep floor etc.
but the CL must be good lah to be able to manage so many things

for my CL i just gave her a mattress which she lays out at night in the living room. but i did tell her all this beforehand over the phone so she knows wat to expect and if she dun want to accept the job she can say so.
 
Hi, Kam/tongtong

Just PMed you my contact. Sms me when you reach, see you!

Hehe.... My gal is fiece gal, will bully her boyfriend one......
 
jess, aqua, icy, pixiepixel, lynn

xie xie :p Me still here. so far so good. monitoring baby movements, sometimes if I dont feel it, I will tap tap tum tum, but most times I get the hardening sensation with no pain though, then a floating feeling which I assume is baby shifting ba.

pixiepixel, yup he came back on wed night, we thought thurs will be the day, so it seems now my july gal has become an august baby leow. was telling myself, if tonight I get pain, even if its false alarm, I will go hospital and then beg nurse to ask doc to induce me. hehehe.

icy, for my #1, i was staying with my parents at their place, coz we didnt have our own place. i slept in my room, then the CL and baby slept in the living room but aircon and fan was turn on for them. bit mean, but then better for her to sleep in living room then me. but i different since my hubbie not around. i find having 1 really useful, coz even if my mum is around, now got maid also, but baby is best taken care of by someone and then maid do house chores, then #1 my mum takes care, then i rest well for that 1 month, since after that plenty of chance to get sleepless? Thats why my mum also ask me to do 40 days confinement. Also with a CL, they more experience on things to cook and what to do and not to do during confinement? But like you mention, important to find 1 that is good.

cross my fingers and hope I will not report back here tomo :p
 
angelsky, all the best for your delivery. So fast you gonna see your #2. Late babies are easier to handle! Ke ke ke...

Icy, my CL slept with me and baby while hb and #1 migrate to sleep in other room. It was ok as she carried baby to me when cry, prep everything and even cook for my family. AFternoon nothing much to do, she will nap. Best to have an arrangement you are comfortable. Hope you are better now ya! Hopefully see you tmr..

Pauline, you put your gal to CC? Which sch are you sending her. If got maid, should be easier coz she can help play with her right.

Blessedbaby, are you back in sg? How are you coping? Sorry ya, haven't been following the thread so might be asking a question you probably written before. Your ILs so nice, still apologise to you.
 
babe, thats nice to hear, quite a consolation for the long wait. i hope she is really easy to handle, since her che che is quite a terror so far :p. Even my helper say very active.

Lynn, no need to buy a bed for her la, unless u already have @ home. I never even buy her new mattress, we have mattress spare at home, so just let her sleep on those. But like grumpus, I did tell her prior to engaging her, if she minds sleeping in the living room with the baby, since there is no space at home for her (i.e a spare room) to sleep in, but if she takes nap during the day time, she can sleep in my room with baby. I will shift to my parent's room to take nap if I do. So at least she dont get a shock when she comes and realised that she is going to sleep in the living room. After cleaning she will also help to clean up the kitchen la, but most of the time my mum will do the cleaning. I think different Cls got different standards and expectation. My previous even cook for my extended family on sundays when they come for weekly visits, but at the end of the whole confinement, my mum did give her a bigger angpao. But my new CL for this second pregnancy, upfront already tell you, she will only cook for me and care for baby, the rest she will not do. My friend's CL maybe coz my friend dont take confinement food, so basically CL is eng eng, just care for baby, the CL even clean the house for her.
 
babe, I put my gal at 2 hr playgroup at the RC centre opposite my house. Yes, hopefully by then the maid can play with her. My gal very sticky nowadays, maybe adjusting to playgroup and separation anxiety bah. Tonight she suddenly burst into tears in the lift when I talk to a little gal staying on 10th floor. Also don't allow me to go to toilet and close the door at ILs place (at home, only me around so I usually don't close the door). Still don't know if it's a good idea to bring the maid and her to TMC when I'm about to deliver and make them wait there. Or should we just send them to ILs place so that she can still go about her routine. After I pop then ask ILs to bring her to TMC. :p

Mummies who delivered recently at TMC? Is 3rd floor at TMC better than 5th floor? Can choose which single bed ward when we sign package or it's up to the hospital to allocate a room based on availability? Anyone tried Single Premier or Single Deluxe? Wonder if there's any real difference in terms of the 'bed' for hubby cos it's another $50 more for each category?
 
when i deliver my second one...only me and hubby went KKH...then after delivery, my MIL and PIL brought my number 1 to come visit me....

Hubby went back with number 1 after that and i stayed in hospital alone...cos i think number 1 need daddy at night.....i cope all by myself in the hospital and luckily no 2 can suck pretty well....haha
 


Dear mummies..

I've been warded due to H1N1, wanna remind all of u.. preggy or non preggy.. pls take care of yrself.. it seems like a normal flu.. but once got it, the feeling is not great. And the isolation is so so so.... Boring! Pls all.. take gd care of yrself.. esp preggy mummies.. dun feel shy to wear a mask to protect yrself n bb too..
 

Back
Top